Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I notice the majority of burned LEDs being on the outside edge. I don't own any of these lights just yet but I imagine, around the edge must run the hottest. I've seen some complaints that the fans, maybe they need to be upgraded to a slightly higher rpm to displace the heat a little better. Peace!!

I was tempted to purchase some MarsHydro Lights but was put off by negative customer service experiences, read up on some very disturbing accounts of how consumers were treated when trying to replace lights, also the fact I could not be guaranteed a light with the veg/flower switch but MarsHydro want to sell their new stock at same price as their old tech. I will wait and save up until I can purchase from a more reputable company.

Sent from my A0001 using 420

Does the new 5w mars pro 1200 burn out or is it the old models???

It is my understanding that the blue diodes are melting or burning out. I ordered 50 red diodes from Lucy for the 30$ shipping costs but have not received yet almost three weeks later...not sure about the new models but I am currently running a 1200 alongside a 144x5 and the 144 seems to be holding its own with less burn out or foggy shields.

It is my understanding that the blue diodes are melting or burning out. I ordered 50 red diodes from Lucy for the 30$ shipping costs but have not received yet almost three weeks later...not sure about the new models but I am currently running a 1200 alongside a 144x5 and the 144 seems to be holding its own with less burn out or foggy shields.

20160403_190831_1_.jpg

I see the mods might have to step into this playground again, Whiney little turd, politics etc etc? This is the only thread that I dislike reading on this wonderful site (unfortunately I needed to visit as no response from Sara, and now I know why), the people concerned ought to be ashamed of themselves and their attitude to anyone that doesn't feel the same way. You're like a pack of hyenas descending upon a victim that just so happened to stray in an area of differing opinion, God help any anti smokers that ever speak to you. OK rant over, feel free to spew forth your slanderous childish remarks after my post, I will give no fucks regarding the opinions of people with that mentally.

Sara, if you could contact me regarding my less than a year old Mars II 1600w light and the LED's being burned out I would appreciate it please. Yes I am still happy with my 2 old style 300w lights, yes I am still fairly happy with my two 96x3 Reflectors, no I am not happy with this light, but once it's fixed again I will be. This time it is around 10 or 12 LED's that have burned out, running between temps of 86F and 76F with humidity no more than 50%. I will include a picture and thank you for taking the time to get back to me when you return from your holiday.

image9719.jpeg

Thank you in advance Sara :thumb:

Hope you get your light fixed asap and without any problems.

It's been almost a month since Mars said they were sending my replacement parts domestically, but they haven't arrived yet. I've got about a dozen burnt out on my Mars II 1200w after using it in similar conditions to yours, and I even had an additional oscillating fan trained on it the entire time.

Hopefully my parts arrive soon. The girls are going on near a month now without any light in that tent due to concerns that the burnt LEDs could pose a fire hazard. A friend told me that keeping them in darkness for a bit during flower will assist in trichome production, and I also vegged these plants for over 4.5 months, so I'm preparing myself for some epic frosty bud. :thumb:

Do u have the 1200 with the veg and growth switches???

Hey guys I have a question . Do plants grown under led always grow smaller than plants grown under hps. Because so my old 170$ipower hps is killing my new mars pro epi 160 . AUTO BOMBS u nder the hps are twice as tall and twice as big a round as the ones under my pro 160.
Same nutrients same tent same everything . If this is normal than cool if not I would like to know what's going on. Can someone please answer

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

I see the mods might have to step into this playground again, Whiney little turd, politics etc etc? This is the only thread that I dislike reading on this wonderful site (unfortunately I needed to visit as no response from Sara, and now I know why), the people concerned ought to be ashamed of themselves and their attitude to anyone that doesn't feel the same way. You're like a pack of hyenas descending upon a victim that just so happened to stray in an area of differing opinion, God help any anti smokers that ever speak to you. OK rant over, feel free to spew forth your slanderous childish remarks after my post, I will give no fucks regarding the opinions of people with that mentally.

Sara, if you could contact me regarding my less than a year old Mars II 1600w light and the LED's being burned out I would appreciate it please. Yes I am still happy with my 2 old style 300w lights, yes I am still fairly happy with my two 96x3 Reflectors, no I am not happy with this light, but once it's fixed again I will be. This time it is around 10 or 12 LED's that have burned out, running between temps of 86F and 76F with humidity no more than 50%. I will include a picture and thank you for taking the time to get back to me when you return from your holiday.

image9719.jpeg

Thank you in advance Sara :thumb:
LMAO, ""But they don't need to a cheap ass is born everyday and become victims of mars led lights everyday."
You must just be the next "cheap ass" then. I took offense at that. Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has them. Sorry to disappoint you

Hey 420 Friends .. I think i remember seeing a video here ,on how to clean a mars hydro light ... Can somebody share the video with me ? I cant find it ! Thanks in advance !

Hey Tris420, maybe you're looking for this one ? How to replace drivers - YouTube Actually you can do disassembly without the video, just mark/remember how wires are connected, and job itself is easy peasy.

Im not gonna bother with replying to everyone. if you wanna think I can't grow or wtv thats on you but if i look at the few last post and i see more burnt led so i'd say im not so much exagerating it is basically a standard now and many unexpecting growers are buying these lights without knowing that alot of growers using these lights are having problems at a rate that is unacceptable.

I understand everything breaks down but within a year is a issue thats why most products come with minimum 1 year warranty and most with 5 years.... i understand defects can happen in production and some might require more attention.

But I also understand that problems with these mars light happen way to often. You have to know when a product is just not worth it in the long run.... im pretty sure mars hydro cheerleaders are people who have there lights in repair or just havent had it for a year yet... cause it seems like theres alot of people having problems within a year. so you can bash me all you want but truth is next couple weeks or months you'll be another one on here saying their lights as a problem i seen it happen before and surely will happen again. As for Denise well its hard to believe anything you say. The way you talk sounds like you work there or surely have an interest but its more defensive then genuine.

But anyways I would like to apologize to anyone who took offense to my statement I should of said it another way. Don't get me wrong im always looking for the cheaper alternative. Paying top $$$ don't mean much either then you prolly got ripped off worst. But the research technics I use always helps me find the best product for the best price. but some products are just not worth it and I personally believe mars hydro is one of those. This is my opinion and I wanted to share it thats all.

BTW I've been growing for 10+ years and using leds since 2009/2010 when they first just came out.

Im not gonna bother with replying to everyone. if you wanna think I can't grow or wtv thats on you but if i look at the few last post and i see more burnt led so i'd say im not so much exagerating it is basically a standard now and many unexpecting growers are buying these lights without knowing that alot of growers using these lights are having problems at a rate that is unacceptable.

I understand everything breaks down but within a year is a issue thats why most products come with minimum 1 year warranty and most with 5 years.... i understand defects can happen in production and some might require more attention.

But I also understand that problems with these mars light happen way to often. You have to know when a product is just not worth it in the long run.... im pretty sure mars hydro cheerleaders are people who have there lights in repair or just havent had it for a year yet... cause it seems like theres alot of people having problems within a year. so you can bash me all you want but truth is next couple weeks or months you'll be another one on here saying their lights as a problem i seen it happen before and surely will happen again. As for Denise well its hard to believe anything you say. The way you talk sounds like you work there or surely have an interest but its more defensive then genuine.

But anyways I would like to apologize to anyone who took offense to my statement I should of said it another way. Don't get me wrong im always looking for the cheaper alternative. Paying top $$$ don't mean much either then you prolly got ripped off worst. But the research technics I use always helps me find the best product for the best price. but some products are just not worth it and I personally believe mars hydro is one of those. This is my opinion and I wanted to share it thats all.

BTW I've been growing for 10+ years and using leds since 2009/2010 when they first just came out.

Does the new 5w mars pro 1200 burn out or is it the old models???

been using mine for 6 months no issues ill post if i do have any

LMAO, ""But they don't need to a cheap ass is born everyday and become victims of mars led lights everyday."
You must just be the next "cheap ass" then. I took offense at that. Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has them. Sorry to disappoint you

I have no problem with people having opinions, even if it's offensive to my personal belief. What I do have a problem with is when opinions are made about another person and posted on this site. This site is by far the most mature and professional that I have seen except for this one little area where a lot of offensive remarks are made towards other members, seemingly encouraged by a certain few which spoils the reading for people who are here with genuine questions or answers but instead receive childish insults, or read them directed to other members.

Those few in my opinion should be banned so that they can continue their troll like behaviour on a site more suited to that type of character. I'm naming no names, they tend to make themselves known, I guess they just aren't mature or relaxed enough to avoid their urge to splurge. Usually by jumping in with childish remarks which have no constructive content just so that they can sit feeling fantastic about themselves while the rest of us look on in a mixture of disgust and shame at what a person can become when they feel there are no boundaries :Namaste:

sound points brotha, i have been using my lights for just under a year and do have some blacken diodes. I feel where your coming from but i do like the lights and with a bit of patience (time, culture, language issues) and communication they are very reasonable. alot of LED companys have very similar repair options with the first option being to send parts but in marshydro's case since they are so far away sending your lights in either takes a long time (i have heard once or twice they did not fix it well also) but very few other LED company's send a temp light in the mean time.

All in all i just have to say the the price you get a great light that should last a good 2-3 years if you have some skills with your hands but they are def not the best panels on the market (i would never tell someone to get the best camera available to someone starting to get into photography) and i think mars is a GREAT beginner to intermediate panel that grows great herb. cheers

Hey guys I have a question . Do plants grown under led always grow smaller than plants grown under hps. Because so my old 170$ipower hps is killing my new mars pro epi 160 . AUTO BOMBS u nder the hps are twice as tall and twice as big a round as the ones under my pro 160.
Same nutrients same tent same everything . If this is normal than cool if not I would like to know what's going on. Can someone please answer

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

I have never grown with anything but LED but do follow a couple of HPS journals and I know a few growers in Co that grow with HPS and IMO they do grow larger buds... I don't think it is any more potient but from what I can see they do produce larger yields for the most part... that meaning all things equal other than the lights... However, again just IMO it is off set by not having to deal with the major heat issues and replacing of bulbs (well if you don't have to replace leds) I have pulled as much as a qp of a photo girl and there is no doubt that can be topped with HPS but with all things considered... I love my Mars Hydro lights and will continue to use them as long as I grow... I do not have any of the newer models but I have many of thee reflectors and Mars II's... I like my reflectors better... Can't really explain why... I just do... I hope you get things worked out and Sara has been on holiday and should be back this evening I think... something about sweeping graves...:straightface:...:circle-of-love:

Well guess what I love my Mars Hydros and I'm a real person...:yahoo: That is in no way what I would like to say to you however I'm much kinder than you apparently... I am terribly sorry you are having the problems you are but that is in no way my fault and you really don't need to be so ugly... Sara has been on holiday for 3 lousy days and is entitled to her countries holidays... She works very hard at keeping up with all the members here and I'm sure she will contact you as soon as she returns to work... As far as me working for MH... I don't work for anyone and haven't in many years... I owned my own company and I know... don't think... know... with the volume of sales there are going to be defects... it's how they handle these problems that seem to be your issue... Do you take holiday when you are offered it at work? I have been running these light for well over 2 years now with nada problem.... none.. I will say it again... I'm sure it is just luck of the draw and as I explained before and you are obviously too pissed to understand... they have gotten several repair shops across their territories but of course that doesn't mean they are next door to you... I have no idea why you are having problems with your lights but being ugly to me or anyone else certainly isn't going to get them fixed.... I hope you have a great and blessed day Sir and I love my Mars Hydros and I'm a real person...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom