Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Welcome back, it's nice to see you around here again.
@650shelby.Congratulations! You are one of those legal licensed grower,wow,that's great!
" No chemical fertilizers and no chemical pesticides allowed in my home." Do you mean you do not need cal or mag? Organic cannabis, sounds interesting. Do u have pics of them? We would like to see your organic product.
Sure, our team will check your work, I will visit your journal.
Hi Sara, I currently use (7) Mars LED lights (Reflector) and one 4'9" x 4'9" Mars grow tent in my two LEGAL licensed grow rooms at home. In Canada legality is not an issue for me.
My greatest goal is to produce the BEST all organic product under Mars LED lights. No chemical fertilizers and no chemical pesticides allowed in my home.
I have resume and history of being a successful product reviewer on two other forums (non grow related) and would like to kindly provide a detailed review of your Mars Pro and 4 x4 tent series.
Thank-you!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

so after you finished your first grow , you will just throw away the soil? Why? Add more nutrients is not enough?or mix with some new soil ?
I never do. :Namaste:

Congrats! You will start new journey!
Sure,tomorrow when I back to office, I will send you the PAR value chart.
May I know how many plants you will have for this light?
Hey Sara! I have a Epistar 160 coming in this week or early next week. So i was interested if you happen to have par readings for the light? Would be nice to plan the height in advance. :Namaste: :thanks:

Congrats! You will start new journey!
Sure,tomorrow when I back to office, I will send you the PAR value chart.
May I know how many plants you will have for this light?

Ok thank you! As of now, only one plant will get to enjoy the new light. But next grow, maybe 3, not sure yet. :hmmmm:

This one will be special, she will be like the queen.haha.
Ok thank you! As of now, only one plant will get to enjoy the new light. But next grow, maybe 3, not sure yet. :hmmmm:

It is raining again...
I only got two days of sunshine for this month,it was not enough...
Once it start raining, no one knows when will it gonna stop...Maybe I should buy a boat.

I need tent advise real bad.

I'm limited height wise to 6', and I see 3 tent models (2' x 2', 3' x 3', and a 2' x4') on the Mars Hydro website, each with the 6' height I need. The problem is, I can't make up my mind.

I own a Mars 2 400watt LED that, according to the Mars website, is suited to all of the tents mentioned. I'm hoping someone with experience in this area could chime in and help a fellow member out.

*The tent in question would be used as a flower tent*

All I can think of is space needed for a carbon filter and fan, small oscillating, or stationary fan and a small humidifier (maybe) and of course the green ladies.

Any/All helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

I need tent advise real bad.

I'm limited height wise to 6', and I see 3 tent models (2' x 2', 3' x 3', and a 2' x4') on the Mars Hydro website, each with the 6' height I need. The problem is, I can't make up my mind.

I own a Mars 2 400watt LED that, according to the Mars website, is suited to all of the tents mentioned. I'm hoping someone with experience in this area could chime in and help a fellow member out.

All I can think of is space needed for a carbon filter and fan, small oscillating, or stationary fan and a small humidifier (maybe) and of course the green ladies.

Any/All helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Led lights efficiently illuminate a square shape.

HID lights efficiently illuminate a rectangle shape.

Since you use LED I would say go for the 3 x 3 tent ;)

The reason I suggested the 3x3 over the 2x2 is only due to the space. Much better to go a little bigger than you would need / want and have the space than go smaller. 9 square feet seems perfect for your light and will give you a little more room to work with in regard to heating and odour controll

The reason I suggested the 3x3 over the 2x2 is only due to the space. Much better to go a little bigger than you would need / want and have the space than go smaller. 9 square feet seems perfect for your light and will give you a little more room to work with in regard to heating and odour control

Makes sense to me. I've never owned a grow tent, this should be interesting

Led lights efficiently illuminate a square shape.

Ah, but Mistercpp mentioned that he has two LED panels - and two squares, placed together side-by-side, would form a (non-square) rectangle - not a square.

The reason I suggested the 3x3 over the 2x2 is only due to the space. Much better to go a little bigger than you would need / want and have the space than go smaller. 9 square feet seems perfect for your light and will give you a little more room to work with in regard to heating and odour controll

I'm limited height wise to 6'

Ouch. In that six feet of height, you'll have your LEDs (with at least some space above them being required for airflow to their fans and the hanging hardware), your plants' pots (or reservoirs, if growing using DWC hydroponics instead of soil)... and the actual "above ground" plant matter. I feel your pain. I am also contemplating things here - although I am lucky enough to have a higher ceiling (and that my Mars-Hydro tent appears to be approximately 6'7" tall (size is listed as 120 cm x 120 cm x 200 cm)).

I see 3 tent models (2' x 2', 3' x 3', and a 2' x4') on the Mars Hydro website, each with the 6' height I need.

My guess would be that you can assume the smaller tent - and its area - that is listed as being compatible with one of those models of LED panels... would be the footprint which is most suitable for the flowering cycle (and that the larger tent(s) mentioned would be suitable for vegetative growth using one of those panels). I just checked the specifications of the Mars II 400 and saw that it consumes 177 watts. My (somewhat uneducated) guess would be that two of them, placed side-by-side, would be adequate for flowering in a 2'x4' space (tent). That would give you 44¼ watts per ft.², which is within the range generally given for wattage requirements when flowering under LED lighting. Again, this is my guess, but I'd guess that this would give you an adequate setup. You may find it beneficial to leave a slightly larger gap between the two panels than between either panel and its closest tent side, so that the footprint does not drop off too much at the sides of the tent; the "third light affect" ought to help in the middle, where the (declining) footprints of the two panels can overlap and combine into a stronger amount of illumination. Again, this may be adequate all by itself... But you can always supplement with CFLs for a tiny amount more light (and to further "tune" the spectrum, if desired).

If you really need a humidifier for your grow space, would it be possible to place it outside of the tent with its output directed at one of the vent openings? Perhaps with your oscillating fan directly in front of said vent (but inside the tent) to help move the moist air inside and spread it around?

Matching everything up for the best complete system is sometimes a challenge. It is good that you're thinking about what size space you can properly illuminate, rather than "how many plants?" - then you can fill that space up with your plants ;) .

Sara will be back at work in an hour or so, and will be able to offer her recommendations/advice as well. She is very active and helpful here.

Morning Jeppe,here is the PAR value chart,you can check:
Epistar1601.jpg

Hey Sara! I have a Epistar 160 coming in this week or early next week. So i was interested if you happen to have par readings for the light? Would be nice to plan the height in advance. :Namaste: :thanks:

DSCN3368_zpsm6yryfz1.png

Here you go Sara, you asked for my photo a couple hours ago, my girls posing together 8 days ago under (4) Mars Reflector 144.
2-Girls Scout Cookie- Hybrid
2-Blue Dream-mostly sativa
2-Super Lemon Haze-mostly sativa

Grown using the TLO method (True Living Organics)
Foxfarm soil, Hp Mix, Perilite, Bat and Seabird Guano, Mammoth P, Foxfarm Big Bloom, General Organics Cal Mag 5 : 1 ratio.
Reverse Osmosis water Only.
Thank-you

[Quote Sara]:
Welcome back, it's nice to see you around here again.
@650shelby.Congratulations! You are one of those legal licensed grower,wow,that's great!
" No chemical fertilizers and no chemical pesticides allowed in my home." Do you mean you do not need cal or mag? Organic cannabis, sounds interesting. Do u have pics of them? We would like to see your organic product.
Sure, our team will check your work, I will visit your journal.

Yeah i understand,after three times,i think 3times is its limit,right?
I reuse coco two or three times. Just needs a good flush and some of the larger roots removed. After three times it seems to loose it's 'fluffiness'.

:thumb:

Morning Jeppe,here is the PAR value chart,you can check:
Epistar1601.jpg

Sure looks to me that the effective coverage is 2'X3' at the very very most. A par of 200 and less isn't going to flower a plant very well at all. 500 and up to about 1200 is where it's at for flower. Those par readings are with no plant in the picture so when there is a plant in there the par readings at the edges will even be lower because of the plant in the center.
This looks to be nice for a 2x3

Back
Top Bottom