Mars Hydro SP 3000: Just Released! SP 250 & TSL 2000 Comparison Grow

I am just getting back into growing after a 15 year hiatus, damn things have come along way! Excited that I no longer need to deal with the massive heat of HPS.

I am starting out with a 2x4 tent and am trying to decide between spending $399 on the SP3000 or spending $250 on the TSL2000. I understand that is the idea of this thread :) and i have read about half so far but based on your results so far, would you recommend I go with the Sp3000 for $150 more? the Sp3000 is the same watts as the TSL2000w so i am iffy on how much of a difference it will truely be but i dont have time to wait until you finsih your comparison grow :)

I dont mind spending the $150 more if its worth it, I do like the idea of meanwell over no name and like the idea i can move the ballast out of the tent. However I am thinking maybe the TSL2000's reflector is a bonus in a 2x4 tent.

Thanks for any advice you can all give me at this early stage in the comparison :)

PS. does the SP3000 have IR led's like the tsl2000? seems like it doesnt, if not, does that matter?
I have yet to really push the light with the issues I jad to get over here but having used all three lights so far and seeing my initial impressions of the numbers it shows , I would spend the extra without a doubt. I love it. It is solid and like the sp250 , well built. The tsl shade does have a limitation to the distance you can push the canopy wider but is still a brilliant light in a limited space.
The extra reds and newer chips ect... are also a future proof mkve I think along with the daisy chain and dimmers. I want more of them to be honest but my wife would bury them with me as I already have more than adequate lighting now.lpl
Like yourself I came back after a 15 years gap from growing ( but still spent a fortune on shitty Street weed in that time lol).. i did a few grows on my old nft and 2 x 600 w cool tubes that I swore by and laughed at the L.e.d fools for not ever growing in our "gold standard" and shouted it so too. @SmokeSara and the mars hydro thread was a favourite of mine to bait and question their allegiance to the new kids on the block. Boy did I get a lesson in how muchbjas changed!!!!!!!. L.e.d jas flown past us mate. They know shot we only think we knew about lights and the spectrums needed. Even the led health argument is mute with the realisation that hps has similar health issues if you stay under it too.lol. The control and heat loss of led has been a godsend not too mention the halving of running costs for bigger and better yeilds too. I am a reue Marsian now , even have antennae forming now. Lol
Go for it and you wont look back once.

Hi all.
Here are a few more oucs of the girls taken today to show their rise from illness. Lol
I do think they will be stunted pygmies at this rate but the next week will be the answer to that one. I really need to get flowering on these soil girls soon as feeding the soil at their size and rates is going to take buried cats and dogs for composting..... The knuckles are perfect for purpose on all of them now too so I want to get moving so badly. Hate seeing so much vegetation and no buds in sight.
FFT 10 needs a defol and flatten again now so I did push her hard again today. FFT 9 Needs a good thinking out and tie down for the final set before flipping so she will be worked this week.
Amnesia is forming a really huge canopy ( for my rooms dimensions) and i am looking forward to seeing her stretch now.
S.A.D is so close to a full recover along with Red hot cookie bit they are so woody stemmed that they will need to go Hulk to widen those stems. Lets see what happens.
Without further ado and lots of positive vibes , here's the girls today

Be well Growmies.

Good morning fellow 420 family.
Time for a bit of an update on where we are at and what the plans are.
I am frustrated at the loss of so many good veg weeks with the root rot issues and the holding back and potential growth stunting. The tanks girls are not dead and will be finished but the Red hot cookie is looking a litrle rough again.

Temps have been quite low in the evenings when lights are on now we seem to have hit winter temps here inthe uk.!!! And folks wonder why we brits always mention the weather . To go from heatwave to frosty starts in less than a week is typical UK and why you see us wearing coats in sunny countries , we trust no weather god !....
I do feel the change has again slowed me down on the nft and the rws temp may have been too low maybe. This is going g to be rectified with a 24 lights on period so I can begin using the daytime again for lights on. This will also help when I flip to flowering hopefully next week sometime if they can recover enough. The Black ghost og is growing but very very slowly along with the FFT#8 but again I think this is the general drop in temps .

I will also be using a heater to keep temps the in range better at lights off.
THE sp3000 is not getting a proper workout with these yet but I am hoping that the Sweet Afghani will change that a little , it is the best of the 4 in the tank and is recovering really well. She is still very woody from her age and issues previously but trying very hard to get moving now. Lets see how she does this week.

I am considering a switch round for flowering if the small ladies don't sort themselves. I want to use the sp3000 alongside the tsl2000 amd move the lower powered sp250 over to the tank girls. There is some method to the switch as I hope the pics will show.
The Amnesia haze is doing amazing , she is so coverwd in pitential mains across her whole 3ft canopy. With a stretch to come , I can only imagine her flowering size. I am still encouraging her to stay more lateral and will be uaing the 2/3rds of the room for her and the other soil girls , hence the possible change up of the lights .
She has been a great plant to work with and is forming a really nice foundation ring of heads. I thinned her a little but was not too brutal.

FFT#9 has had some of her foliage stripped out and cleaned up. I hated binning so many perfect clone potentials but thats the pain of one d.i.y tent.lol She is nice and strong on her branching but still nice and supple too. I tied a few limbs out to get her as wide as her stable mates so she is about 2.5ft at the moment.

FFT#10 is showing indica and kushy characteristics with her broad dark green leaves and chunky stems. She has had a further stretch out too and like her friends is a big lady.

I think between them they would outgrow the single light with the method I am using and I am so glad i have the tsl2000 to bring into the game for flowering.They are taking approx 7 L every 2/3 days before the top starts to feel too dry to leave so I am happy with their progress at least. They are starting to take on smell now too so are close to needing a flip for their sanity and mine. I feel shit that as a sponsored grow and winning the light to showcase ,it has been a terrible letdown for Mars so far. I intend to show the lights abilities in flowering and feel that the big l.o.s girls would demonstrate that well. I know they will also be supported by the tsl next to it but it would feel a waste to use it on plants that are really not worthy at this point. I don't give up easily and are not now but I also have to be realistic to what I need to get the room to do. Have faith folks, this will be a win.lol

We do, and we know :high-five:
Wouldn’t it be great if you could only flip half the room?
I would love another space too mate . kills me having to cycle . i want to be able to make seeds and do some cloning too. trying to seperate the room and light-tight it enough . sadly one side of the loft has a huge water tank too. need an outside building but would need annew house. lol

Good evening growmies , hope all our grass is green unless in full flower.
The nft tank is still only a shadow on the soil ladies but the S.A.D has done fairly well . There are some increases for the Fft#8 and the Black ghost but maily they are looking the right shade of green now. I don't expect them to gain very fast due to the initial damage so wont hold the flip for much longer. The Red Hot cookie is not looking red hot at all but is looking slightly less ill now.
The Amnesia Haze is a happy lady and now looks rammed with tips and has soread out beautifully for airflow and light distribution. Her joints are nice and thick on the quads and all of the potential mains look ready for weight.
FFT#9 is looking healthy and well with a similar future to the Amnesia haze.
FFT#10 is a lot less productive on mains but the stems and structure are nice and chunky.
Overall i am happy with progress but wish i coukd get on with the flip now. Thankfully most strains are fast flowering except the Black ghost.
Be safe growmies.

At least with the little bit of extra veg time the los girls might make up a bit in yield for you.
(Been a while since you checked your other journal?)
:love: :peace:
Thisnis my hope now. Spreading them right out is a thing i have not been able to do in any of my grows to date. Space has always been at least 9 plants so of i can get them under the second light for flowering , i will be able to test that theory of less is more. I have scrogged plants out with great results per plant but with hps which was a long while back. Seeing the difference with penetration now , gives me a chance at similar. Should be fun. The S.a.d may get itself in the game too but the others will be a gamble . cheers mate. Hope your new light is here soon if not already(/will check).
Be safe p.s 200, 000 rescued in melbourne so far , many non survivors sadly and 6 rescue team losses. Curfew is for ops to continue , they expect 1 million at least before they are cleared. Check earthquake charts for region . 3km , 5km and10km especially. Hence the total social media shutdown threat there too. Watch tje news mate. Cant hide it all........

Hi all. After deliberations and lota of chin stroking , i decided it was time to flip rhe ladies to flower. The frustration has gotten to me and with little growth this week , i cant see a point in holding longer.
I will use the sp3000 as the main light above the LOS ladies and the sp250 will be helping with lateral canopy growth. The nft will get lit so should still Toddle along at their own pace.
I will update when lights come on. Peace and blessings.

:yahoo:
Yay for flowers!
:cheer:
Bring on the meds!
Hahaha cheers DD. Still killed for time but hooefully skowing up now so can get back at it here. Already feels more practical now i have normal daytime to work on garden more. The lights on overnight robs so much usable veg oeriod time. I am pissed to have to throw caution to the wind bit need to crack on and show the lights better too. Moving them over later to get the best out of them. I want this one done now . should have been at harvest nearly by now. I want to plan the next already. Hooe your good mate.?.

Hi all.
Here we are on day 1 of the flowering fun. The nft girls are holding it up too much now so had to be out into the shade a little for the very big LOS ladies.
Red hot is looking roughbstilk and i cant fathom the issue besides previous damage. The midget girls cant be a reason to hold it longer and the Sweet Afghani is looking like she will come through at least.
Seeing the big los pots between the 2 mars and how much the sp3000 is reaching , has me excited for the possibilities of their yields. I can keep them flattening out at least for the 1st week of stretch . To let them go vertical at that point dornthe second week , should help build some long mains and a fair amount of buds on single stalks around the inner ring. Scrog without the net but done a lot slower and more in their own time.
Amnesia haze has a nice sized ring of inner growth over her entire canopy. I do plan on a defol after stretch has done so will be able to be more selective on who gets the space and extra light and who wont make it. I woukd love to clone her from the defol as she is a beauty to work with and i do love my hazes not to mention the hit of amnesia strains.
FFT#9 like the amnesia , is a big lady. Filling out so nicely too. All her joints and limbs are solid and strong. She is still held down with ties until stretch ends as i am doing the same to her as the others. She looks nice and healthy all over with plenty of future buds projecting in my minds eye when i look at her.lol
FFT#10 is a more indica leaning lady with her growth pattern. I think she will be long node lady though so i need to be mindful of the need for space with her.
Overall the new arrangement looks perfect for the flowering canopy to get max light. Airflow is excellent now and the temps and rh are within range. A feed later with rt he amendments and we are set. All being fast flowering strains , we should get to see one of my favourite stages -Starfish. I love the appearance of the flowering tips when they 1st turn to the light for their share of lumens. It is a really wonderous image as they all open up to exploit the light time for their own individual flower set. Always remind me of starfish.lol
Be well folks. Enjoy the pics.

Looking schmick G

:) :) :)
Thankyou Trala. Finally feel like i am getting somewhere. Also a good way to demonstrate that even more experienced growers can fook it up in a heartbeat. Lol
I dont think the nft girls will be a washout at all but these soil ladies are doing great things for me. They are training out nicely now amdntje knuckles are beauties too. I took some more pics today as this stage can change daily with these fast flowering strains and i am seeing starfish starting to show.(see pics).
20200910_005447.jpg
l
20200910_005053.jpg
20200910_005447.jpg
20200910_005419.jpg
20200910_005333.jpg
20200910_005229.jpg
20200910_005146.jpg

P.s nearly 1 million children rescued from Victoria and melbourne. Huge sucess. Keep safe

Hi all , i hope your doing well today. I am starting this with invitations to the Video diary of this Mars Hydro runout of the new sp3000. I have entered the Mars Hydro Cup comp to video the grow and hopefully win the new light to fill my room too. I have wanted to try this format since "He Who Cannot Be Named" set me off with his hreat vids .
Hope to see you there where i can get more of the real me over to my great 420family.

Day 7 flowering: With a week gone by and the local temps in the uk being warmer again , I am monitoring the temps more closely now in daytime , lights on cycles.
lets start with the NFT ladies.
They are now slowly stretching although hard to see but the only one that looks like she will really benefit.

Sweet Afghani Delicious has stretched fairly well considering her start. All her limbs are in ample lighting for her flowering period ans her general appearence is healthy enough , just not going to be a big yield. She is a fast version but no signs of her sex as such yet.
FFT#8 is showing nice green healthy leaves but is so small and will be interesting to see what happens with her.

Black Ghost O.g is similar and looks happy , just very small. No signs of female hair on either yet.

Red Hot Cookie is still not doing great. I am watching her for any signs of hermie or nads now. She has been through hell so i wont be expecting any miracles.
Amnesia Haze continues to produce some amazing growth and general health too. She is showing a lot of white hairs at her forming flowers too , at 7 days this could be a sign of stretch slowing down a little as she is a fast version of this strain so should show sooner than normal anyway. She is a decent 3ft across now and approx 1.5ft in height at her tips so far. I

FFT#9 is well into her stretch and transition to flower , she too has a similar size and shape to the Amnesia bit slightly less mains around her frame. Her bract hairs are really showing her womanhood all over the many bushy tips now and even lower on the stems , i can see hiw they will form nice long colas. I can see a potential equal to the fast buds girls. She is starting to smell fruity now too. Her stems and branches are thick and strong so should take some great weight !.

FFT#10 is wanting to go tall still, her vertical stretch has been most noticable as she is not as tied down as the others. Her dark green colour and thicker set leaves are a nice contrast to all the others. Her node lengths are more spread apart than the others too. She is the tallest to date but i will be flattening her out a little to get light down into her nice thick stems.she has great airflow through the whole plant so hopefully we wont see mould.

They all had a top dress with somenstore bought manure and amendments , charge and life-cycle in 20l of water between them.
The new configuration and moving the soil girls is working well with plenty of full spectrum light to easily hit the whole area now. The canopy length is just under 6ft and approx 3ft in width at the moment. After day 20 flower , i plan on a defol and re tying for their final phase so will be spreading widwr and a little lower on the lanky breakaways .

So here we go growmies. A good week with some stretch visible and showing amd pkenty of growth for the long spikey colas.
I will continue with this journal to completion and would love to see you over at the video journal for the Mars hydro cup. Finally sussing a way to use video here is a godsend for me as talk better than i type with my Orangutan thumbs !!
Be well

Garden looks good GG. I’ve read a couple of other members up here who call ounces oscars. Looks like you’re up for a few already.
See you on the cup thread, movie man.

Garden looks good GG. I’ve read a couple of other members up here who call ounces oscars. Looks like you’re up for a few already.
See you on the cup thread, movie man.
cheers DD always a cheering section from you... huge positives your way mate. hoping to get better with videos. way more personal.

Looks great G!
Hi all , i hope your doing well today. I am starting this with invitations to the Video diary of this Mars Hydro runout of the new sp3000. I have entered the Mars Hydro Cup comp to video the grow and hopefully win the new light to fill my room too. I have wanted to try this format since "He Who Cannot Be Named" set me off with his hreat vids .
Hope to see you there where i can get more of the real me over to my great 420family.

Day 7 flowering: With a week gone by and the local temps in the uk being warmer again , I am monitoring the temps more closely now in daytime , lights on cycles.
lets start with the NFT ladies.
They are now slowly stretching although hard to see but the only one that looks like she will really benefit.

Sweet Afghani Delicious has stretched fairly well considering her start. All her limbs are in ample lighting for her flowering period ans her general appearence is healthy enough , just not going to be a big yield. She is a fast version but no signs of her sex as such yet.
FFT#8 is showing nice green healthy leaves but is so small and will be interesting to see what happens with her.

Black Ghost O.g is similar and looks happy , just very small. No signs of female hair on either yet.

Red Hot Cookie is still not doing great. I am watching her for any signs of hermie or nads now. She has been through hell so i wont be expecting any miracles.
Amnesia Haze continues to produce some amazing growth and general health too. She is showing a lot of white hairs at her forming flowers too , at 7 days this could be a sign of stretch slowing down a little as she is a fast version of this strain so should show sooner than normal anyway. She is a decent 3ft across now and approx 1.5ft in height at her tips so far. I

FFT#9 is well into her stretch and transition to flower , she too has a similar size and shape to the Amnesia bit slightly less mains around her frame. Her bract hairs are really showing her womanhood all over the many bushy tips now and even lower on the stems , i can see hiw they will form nice long colas. I can see a potential equal to the fast buds girls. She is starting to smell fruity now too. Her stems and branches are thick and strong so should take some great weight !.

FFT#10 is wanting to go tall still, her vertical stretch has been most noticable as she is not as tied down as the others. Her dark green colour and thicker set leaves are a nice contrast to all the others. Her node lengths are more spread apart than the others too. She is the tallest to date but i will be flattening her out a little to get light down into her nice thick stems.she has great airflow through the whole plant so hopefully we wont see mould.

They all had a top dress with somenstore bought manure and amendments , charge and life-cycle in 20l of water between them.
The new configuration and moving the soil girls is working well with plenty of full spectrum light to easily hit the whole area now. The canopy length is just under 6ft and approx 3ft in width at the moment. After day 20 flower , i plan on a defol and re tying for their final phase so will be spreading widwr and a little lower on the lanky breakaways .

So here we go growmies. A good week with some stretch visible and showing amd pkenty of growth for the long spikey colas.
I will continue with this journal to completion and would love to see you over at the video journal for the Mars hydro cup. Finally sussing a way to use video here is a godsend for me as talk better than i type with my Orangutan thumbs !!
Be well
Looking grand G!

Looks great G!

Looking grand G!
Hey TraLa. Always welcome and good to see you. Thanks.
Finally i got a grip and grabbed it by the neck into a grow worth doing.lol
Been so frustrating but thankfully the weather is playing ball this week !.
I hope i have shown enoughof the lower stem progress from the bending and squishing method. I did try to keep you in mind as i took pics. Using L.e.d has changed how i grow so i am adspting as i learn withbeach grow using them. They are less penetrative than the old HPS i used for decades and way less than natural sunshine. As i have such an awkward space with the apex of my roof , i cant grow too much vertically but the hps had great penetration so i could just spread them out a little. Now i know the improvements LED brings to tje bud density ect , i need to adapt to find the best way i can. Hoping the extra light ise is a way forward to more mains of a good density. Thanks T . will be over to see where your at too. Be safe.

Back
Top Bottom