Mars Hydro SP 3000: Just Released! SP 250 & TSL 2000 Comparison Grow

I found that with “soft” hash, if I take some and knead it with some tobacco first, then break up the mix and put it in the rest of the tobacco, it’s easier to roll. With harder hash, I just roll it out like a toothpick and cut little pieces off and roll in the tobacco.

Funny, I can roll a perfect (well almost :rofl:) joint with weed, but fight rolling tobacco :rofl:

I found that with “soft” hash, if I take some and knead it with some tobacco first, then break up the mix and put it in the rest of the tobacco, it’s easier to roll. With harder hash, I just roll it out like a toothpick and cut little pieces off and roll in the tobacco.

Funny, I can roll a perfect (well almost :rofl:) joint with weed, but fight rolling tobacco :rofl:
Its a motivation thing celt.lol
I used to smoke tobacco ( in between joints so not many fags a day lol.) Only during work hours too until got into kushy care job where client had no interest or idea anyway. Only downside with sausages is they hotrod with a snake-like vengeance. Had them fall between my little toe and next one before now and even have mental scars of one rolling down the joint as I laid on a bank. It was like a mini cartwheel as it rolled down the white paper of my joint. I watched in fascination as 8t slowly tumbled towards me like a man on a tightrope...,it was only when I felt it using its red hot claws and feet to Bury itself into my soft lower lip tissue that I decided Survival over Art was in order. Hurt like a bastard for weeks too. Lol. So many clothes wore like badges of honour with "Hot rock"designer battle scars before weed became the new black. The last batch now tastes of liquorice when smoked and smells so fruity with it too. Def the best one i have done for flavour ever. Been using grease proof paper and flattening it really thin flakes.lpl

Cool, I generally dry mine for a few hours (should be days :rofl:) and then boil water in a pot. I then press the hash, folded between parchment paper, with the heat from the pot. I do this 3 or 4 times and then wrap it in parchment paper and put in a bottle.

When I am not “out” of hash, I will wrap it in cellophane and put it away for at least a month, it cures and changes. Very different from unpressed/cured hash, flavour changes a lot, but damn it’s good :)

Cool, I generally dry mine for a few hours (should be days :rofl:) and then boil water in a pot. I then press the hash, folded between parchment paper, with the heat from the pot. I do this 3 or 4 times and then wrap it in parchment paper and put in a bottle.

When I am not “out” of hash, I will wrap it in cellophane and put it away for at least a month, it cures and changes. Very different from unpressed/cured hash, flavour changes a lot, but damn it’s good :)
sounds feasable. hash used to be wrapped in cellophane as branding decades back. red seal gold seal etc... u probably remember too. lol

Hi all. Here's some more pleasant pics to share of the farms recovery thankfully.
The soil girls are doing amazing and starting to behave themselves. The canopies are starting to flatten out nicely at 2ft on the Amnesia so far. With all the space they have to use now this could get interesting. The knuckles are forming good too.
The tank girls have picked up thankfully with green starting to flow back in to them all more now. There is even some growth on them. The temps I the room have been a nice 24°c with humidity at 72%.
The l.o.s girls had a good drenching of 8L today and only allowed a little dribble of runoff. They seem to be drinking really well with no issues at all.
It does feel that we are getting somewhere now.
Be safe and well.

Happy Days ahead for the world.

Naw, hash was hard to come by and expensive where I grew up, and the weed was shit. I never started smoking it until 6 years ago lol
Ah I see. It was all that was around for uears with weed coming from the black community here only as sensimilia . Always seedy as hell too. We thought we had entered nirvana when skunk 1st hit the shores her with the rave scene. Now it is down to thousands of strains !!!. Lol

So good to see colour and new growth in the garden, GGD what a relief that must be!
Hi all. I have been busy finishing the last of the frozen trim and stems off today. I had about 2oz from the previous grow autos and this smells heavily like pineapples freshly cut as soon as i toolk it out. It has been dmfrozen for quite a while now , at least 5 months maybe. The stalks have been in the freezer for a sinimar time as I don't like hash making with them too much.

I also found using this old golfclub( can't own guns here!!) to stir up the ice is perfect. I won't use the drill this time now as there is not a lot to mix.

The stems are only being agitated in a ice cold bath and 2 bags of ice to give room to allow the branches to mix better.

I will only filter the water from that bucket through the screen on final pull of the trims soak overnight after I have harvested that too.
The trim bucket got 4 packs of ice and less water ,to agitate as much as i could before the melt occurred of the ice. I did 20 mins agitation , rest 20 mins , 20 mins more agitation , rest 30 mins , final agitation for 20 mins then left it to settle for an hour.
The 25m Screen gave me 6.57 g of lovely smelling pliable Hash.

The little matter in it is not an issue and the smell alone has me excited to try it once its dried a bit. I could model with it but it feels very different to work in my hand to the others done. Sticky as hell too. It will be interesting to see what the stalk water gives up next.. be well fellow 420 buddies.
That fruity gear sounds good!
I appreciate your how-to with the bags. Makes me want to get some. Mm mmm. :love: a nice bit of hash.
Golf clubs, mate. Really? Are you just having a stir, I guess? I picture your little one tying someone’s laces together so you can get a good swing, no? It’s a family firm :rolleyes:
Soon be dried and pressing it together
I was going to say,
should get a press.lol
but hey :high-five:

Good evening Growmies.
More good news on the recovery progress.
The tank ladies have responded really well to the feed change and lower temps thankfully. I did have faith that they would but not a great way to showcase the new light or my growing prowess either.
The Red hot cookie has now got new growth showing and the colour is flowing back into her now, she still needs some time to hit a peak but her roots are clearly getting sorted.

Black Ghost also has new growth on her an some colour

FFT8 is still not very tall yet but certainly going in the right direction with some beautiful green showing up

The Sweet Afghani Delicious has also gained height and more green in her leaves

Overall they are looking a lot better than a few days back and will come back soon. they are still nowhere near a flip as you can see but lets hope NFT can help get that moving now there are roots to pump through

Now the Living organic soil beauties are a different picture all together
The Amnesia Haze is still flattening herself right out which is great to see. Her knuckles ( @TraLa ) are supporting her limbs perfectly now and staying firmly in place at the knot. i have been tightening the ties around her pot edge to encourage her to widen more so i can control the stretch better when it is time. She is a beautiful lady and so nice to work with.

FFT#9 is doing well and is fitting in nicely between these two bigger ladies now, her training is doing good with no issues so far.

FFT10 is bigger than her stable mates at present and even when pinned a little she still looks ready to dominate
I have turned the sp3000 up to full power again now as they may need the extra to get stretching up a little.

I have now collected all of my Hash stash together too and create a ball , once it has dried a little more and cured a little , i will work it more for a better consistency. The Fruity hash was not used in this as it is too nice to water down the flavour... i have been using a little today and it is so nice and smooth but hits a nice buzz with a really addictive tang of pineapple as you open the tin to use it.

So theree we have for this update Growmies. I hope you are are well and safe, peace an love.

So good to see colour and new growth in the garden, GGD what a relief that must be!

That fruity gear sounds good!
I appreciate your how-to with the bags. Makes me want to get some. Mm mmm. :love: a nice bit of hash.
Golf clubs, mate. Really? Are you just having a stir, I guess? I picture your little one tying someone’s laces together so you can get a good swing, no? It’s a family firm :rolleyes:

I was going to say,

but hey :high-five:
cheers DD.lol as always a great reply and comments. I am relieved they did me a solid and fought for their life so well , it was close to scapping time at one point . i pondered it for a few days. root rot can still affect the overall yield ect but worth the effort now i think.
lol on the golf club. my main reason for its use was to clean the DNA off from my last "community collection fund" start up meeting but it turned out to be a great agitator , a bit like that twat cook!!. lol,
The banging the ice around and causing more chaotic crashing together than normal stirring, because of the woods head shape proved effective to not need the drill and whisk. More time and ice would have given up more overall with second runs ect.. but the waste is now mulching in my super soil compost pile so never truly wasted. I hope all those pucks are keeping you well and pain free (ish) buddy. keep that quality product pumping.

on a quick note, going to get hotter for Nz for a short while . Head down keep safe an stay near home bud. Aus D.U.M.Bs were way bigger than 1st knew so now need more "work" and as they are in the area !!. lol

Good day folks. Just a few quickies to show some health arriving finally. Daily recovery is evident now thankfully so we should have some fun now.
20200823_111621.jpg
20200823_112154.jpg
20200823_111633.jpg
20200823_111630.jpg
20200823_111625.jpg
20200823_111621.jpg

Onwards and upwards growmies.

In a week’s time we won’t be able to tell there was a hiccough.
Thanks DD. Hoping to be the case. They should be able to get a move on now the roots are more established and healthy. The heat has been good this week thankfully so at least a little relief for them that way too. Messaged about the El Patron with my honest thoughts about seed selection and quality both times I have used their products now. Lets see what happens.lol
On another tip. I took a few pics of my hash ball that i am starting to work on now. I want to blend it over the next few weeks as it dries and have some biveda packs in with it too. It smells lime really old school charice now. Still enjoying the fruity too. Has a liquorice taste to it too so I can't stop nipping joints off it.lol
20200823_165651.jpg
20200823_165640.jpg
20200823_165633.jpg

Thanks for keeping the faith brother.

A couple from this morning before lights out just to keep the positives flowing. Temps could climb today as we are getting some heat through here again. Oddly a clip fell off the sp250 last night and the lught dropped onto the top of the FFT9 , Our house smoke alarms went off at 1.25am , I was still up anyway but Mrs GG came out line a bullet and we scanned the house , Nothing !!!. I decided to give the girls a quick glimpse and saw the light had dropped. No issues of burn except 1 part of a leaf but what is odd is the house smoke alarms all going off for nothing !!!!!!!!. Somebody is watching over this one for me it seems ! ( subcool.r.i.p)
20200824_124411.jpg
20200824_124327.jpg
20200824_124237.jpg
20200824_124046.jpg
20200824_123956.jpg
20200824_123907.jpg
20200824_123814.jpg
20200824_123657.jpg

I think we are on track for a good recovery of the sweet seeds ladies. The blog and fft8 are still tiny compared but a lot healthier looking.
20200826_120643.jpg
20200826_120553.jpg
20200826_120510.jpg
20200826_120426.jpg
20200826_120359.jpg
20200826_120327.jpg
20200826_120242.jpg

Hopefully a week to get moving and we can think about some flowering plans.

LOS will always win out for simplicity @Ganjagrandaddy and fewer issues :)
I could sing its praises all day long to be honest. K.i.s.s 101 now I get the watering cycle of it compared to coco , soil. Moist to keep the microbes alive. 1st run I let them dry out too much i think and the lack of life became obvious as the final weeks to harvest happened. The natural fade was was too quick to be real fade. Last crop was far better to the finish and i have not allowed it to die off between replanting into it this 3rd run. I do use some great amendments from the company that produce the soil in rhebUK too and swear by them too. I want to try molasses this time so will find some to use niw also love a product called golden tree which I know will be amazing in a l.o.s grow. Been making my own supersoil mix for the past year and some with coco , all my previous waste after hash making , fruit and veg peelings , any organic waste ( no meat or bone though) , 2 seasons of yellow flowering dandelion stalks and heads from my lawn ( which pisses the local garden nazis off as i wont mow it till they are in full flower/ worked by the bees a little and abundant !) . My plan is now to mix some store bought compost and a really nice soil mix to make a huge supply for more 60l pots. It does seem to need the size to really prosper i feel now. Bigger space for the life I suppose. Tha ks for the positives Celt. Take care

I am just getting back into growing after a 15 year hiatus, damn things have come along way! Excited that I no longer need to deal with the massive heat of HPS.

I am starting out with a 2x4 tent and am trying to decide between spending $399 on the SP3000 or spending $250 on the TSL2000. I understand that is the idea of this thread :) and i have read about half so far but based on your results so far, would you recommend I go with the Sp3000 for $150 more? the Sp3000 is the same watts as the TSL2000w so i am iffy on how much of a difference it will truely be but i dont have time to wait until you finsih your comparison grow :)

I dont mind spending the $150 more if its worth it, I do like the idea of meanwell over no name and like the idea i can move the ballast out of the tent. However I am thinking maybe the TSL2000's reflector is a bonus in a 2x4 tent.

Thanks for any advice you can all give me at this early stage in the comparison :)

PS. does the SP3000 have IR led's like the tsl2000? seems like it doesnt, if not, does that matter?

Back
Top Bottom