Mars Hydro TSW 2000

Fans, Temps & RH are OK so what about the soil. Does it have Perlite ? Out of curiosity how much do you have to water to get run off ? Those look like 5 gallon bags & plants that size in a 5 gal. will usually take 1/2 - 3/4 gal to get run off.
About the final 2 weeks it will take about a gallon during the swell up of the buds.
Yes there is perlite. the bags are only 12ltrs (2.6 gallon) i try to water slowly as the water seems to run and the sides before even the soil is saturated. i use 2ltrs and theres a lil run off from the bottom of the bag.

Yes there is perlite. the bags are only 12ltrs (2.6 gallon) i try to water slowly as the water seems to run and the sides before even the soil is saturated. i use 2ltrs and theres a lil run off from the bottom of the bag.
Sounds like you are feeding / watering right. I don't get why the soil is taking so long to dry. 2.6 gal. should dry in 2 days fairly easy. My 5 gal. dry in 2 - 3 days. Only time in 4 years it took 5 days is when I flushed 15 gallons of water through the plant. I would give them a good feeding of stronger nutes & then let the pots sit till they are real dry & starting to pull away from the cloth pots. The leaves will droop big time & look like the plant is dying; but it's not. Once it's dry, water & the leaves will perk right back up in a couple hours like it never even happened. This should help correct your wet / dry cycle.

By the way. I also use Mars Hydro TSW 2000's. I keep my light at about 18" above the seedling from day 1 at 50%.
Every 4 - 5 days I increase it by 5%. When I get to 75% I leave it there till I start 12/12 Flower. Once I see pistils I increase by 5% every few days until I hit 100%. But I use a light Meter to know how high to keep my light at this point as I'm looking for 70,000 LUX of light for flower.

Sounds like you are feeding / watering right. I don't get why the soil is taking so long to dry. 2.6 gal. should dry in 2 days fairly easy. My 5 gal. dry in 2 - 3 days. Only time in 4 years it took 5 days is when I flushed 15 gallons of water through the plant. I would give them a good feeding of stronger nutes & then let the pots sit till they are real dry & starting to pull away from the cloth pots. The leaves will droop big time & look like the plant is dying; but it's not. Once it's dry, water & the leaves will perk right back up in a couple hours like it never even happened. This should help correct your wet / dry cycle.
Buds Bunny your a star! sounds like a good plan to me. i will let all 4 dry right out then give them a good feed. the only thing i can think of that i may have done wrong is not let them veg for long enough in the bags?
Cheers

Hey Bluter thanks for the replay. yeah i think ill stick to feed every water and maybe chuck in a plane water every 3rd. they look ok atm but its just the blue dream worries me a lil as she looks lighter then the other 3.
Cheers :)

plenty of times it is just genetic. other times it is an indicator you have a plant that is simply more hungry than the others. i do not mix feed for individual plants, but many do. i use the most / least hungry plants as my indicator plants, they tell me if i am getting too hot or too lean. the others just live with it.

You don't want to feed more often with bottled nutes. You want to increase the strength of the nutes & W, W, F -or- W, F, W, F. You need to use plain water also to wash unused salts from the soil to prevent a build up & causing a lockout.

he's in a "technically organic" media and nute line. but it's not an LOS or true organic grow. i hate stuff that tries to blur the lines. normal feed / water approaches may not be the same.

also - 2.5 gal is a smallish bucket. you need to be flipping now or getting ready for up pot. 5 gal is fairly standard grow bucket / grow bag size.

letting them get a complete dry cycle is a good idea as per bb.

Buds Bunny your a star! sounds like a good plan to me. i will let all 4 dry right out then give them a good feed. the only thing i can think of that i may have done wrong is not let them veg for long enough in the bags?
Cheers
If they haven't started producing flowers yet you can trim off all the little branches & leaves from the bottom of the plants to make these.

I still see a potential 4 - 6 oz. per plant so not too bad.

plenty of times it is just genetic. other times it is an indicator you have a plant that is simply more hungry than the others. i do not mix feed for individual plants, but many do. i use the most / least hungry plants as my indicator plants, they tell me if i am getting too hot or too lean. the others just live with it.

he's in a "technically organic" media and nute line. but it's not an LOS or true organic grow. i hate stuff that tries to blur the lines. normal feed / water approaches may not be the same.

also - 2.5 gal is a smallish bucket. you need to be flipping now or getting ready for up pot. 5 gal is fairly standard grow bucket / grow bag size.

letting them get a complete dry cycle is a good idea as per bb.
Yeah the 2.5 gal bags are abit small. i flipped them last monday. will be getting bigger bags on the next one for sure lol.
thanks for the replay Bluter!

Yes, & when it dries it would be the perfect time to go to 5 gallon bags before feeding again.
The Organic / Synthetic nutes make things harder for sure. I tried Bio-Biz. Never again ! Thought it was total shit.
I'll stick to my Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil. Works perfect for me every time.

If they haven't started producing flowers yet you can trim off all the little branches & leaves from the bottom of the plants to make these.

I still see a potential 4 - 6 oz. per plant so not too bad.
OMG what a beut! yeah i have done the same, took all the lower branches away and just left top canopy. i got it from a Karl Kushman video on youtube.

Yes, & when it dries it would be the perfect time to go to 5 gallon bags before feeding again.
The Organic / Synthetic nutes make things harder for sure. I tried Bio-Biz. Never again ! Thought it was total shit.
I'll stick to my Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil. Works perfect for me every time.
Ah poop so you think i should repot? shouldnt be a problem but would have to wait a week for the soil and bags. do you think if i kept them in the bags there already in i would struggle? im looking for about 1 and half oz each plant or is that wishful thinking using 2.5 gallon bags?
Sorry for the 100's of questions.

Ah poop so you think i should repot? shouldnt be a problem but would have to wait a week for the soil and bags. do you think if i kept them in the bags there already in i would struggle? im looking for about 1 and half oz each plant or is that wishful thinking using 2.5 gallon bags?
Sorry for the 100's of questions.
About 2 weeks after you switch to 12/12 you should see pistils starting to come out. At this point the roots will grow more & the plant will stretch & get 35% - 50% bigger. Keeping the plant in the small bag may cause it to get root bound & cause issues. Doesn't mean it will; but could. The plus is the plants are in grow bags & will self prune when the roots start coming out the sides of the bags. In plastic pots it would not do this so you are more likely to get root bound in them. Never the less, I would go to 5 gal. as it will help with the watering, roots & stretch. It may slow your growth for a few days when you up-pot; but it will grow like fire within 2 weeks.

you are early enough in flower that an up pot now would still be viable. i don't up pot once they've popped flowers.

edit: you can still bring this run in on the 2.5 gal pots if you like. they've been flipped about the right time.

you are early enough in flower that an up pot now would still be viable. i don't up pot once they've popped flowers.

edit: you can still bring this run in on the 2.5 gal pots if you like. they've been flipped about the right time.
I'll up-pot when it's just the 2 pistils but not after that. Too late.

They are starting to show there pistils already so maybe I have missed my window? Also if I do up pot should I buy the same soil or go for the same brand but light mix? Like I said before I appreciate all of you guys input so thanks.

honestly need to ask someone running the same mix. the soil mix comes pre-nuted i believe. that would toss the feeding program off, and i have no idea where you'd wind up.

i know biobiz has a complete growing approach they like to sell with instructions for different stages. maybe research that.

Just Some old guy is fine, lots of them about lol "some old guy said..." my plants are not in a commercial mix that comes in one bag. I am moving in that direction currently to help eliminate variables, as you've done. Having a denser mix without perlite and mostly peat is probably why my bags take longer to dry out even with the RH below 50% during lights on.

If you are showing pistils I would just finish them out & settle for 2 - 4 oz. per plant. You should get that from the looks of your plants. I wouldn't use Bio Biz on my next grow if you can get FFOF or Happy Frog. It's damned near fool proof.

If you are showing pistils I would just finish them out & settle for 2 - 4 oz. per plant. You should get that from the looks of your plants. I wouldn't use Bio Biz on my next grow if you can get FFOF or Happy Frog. It's damned near fool proof.
Thanks Buds Buddy, I'll be happy with that yeild for this one but more on my next. I won't use biobizz fertz and will probably try fox farm soil and not the biobizz allmix next time around.
Thanks

Thanks Buds Buddy, I'll be happy with that yeild for this one but more on my next. I won't use biobizz fertz and will probably try fox farm soil and not the biobizz allmix next time around.
Thanks
Easiest nute to grow with that I've found is Mega Crop. Only thing you need from start to finish. I can do about 8 - 10 plants for about $25.

Back
Top Bottom