Mars Hydro TSW2000 height

What does all the info on the Mars Hydro site say?
Oh, I know!
3.Recommended Hanging Distance Above Plants
Seedling: 30'' Germination: 24''-30'' Veg: 18''-24'' Flower: 12''-18"
Dimming is subjective to the plants and growing conditions
You need to play with the dim settings to dial it in
BTW, welcome to the forum

Happy New Year Thepatientplant, you don't have to use the dimmer function, as it is not a main function on our lights, just a bonus from the driver, But we are working on the dimmer function on our new lights. So maybe soon in future, you will find it more easily to use. :circle-of-love:
As to the height: :love:
- During seedling: above 30''
- During veg: 18~24''
- During flowering: 12~18'' above the canopy will help you get enough lights for your grow. :D
Thank you @Stunned for the input in time, much appreciated! :green_heart:

Happy New Year Thepatientplant, you don't have to use the dimmer function, as it is not a main function on our lights, just a bonus from the driver, But we are working on the dimmer function on our new lights. So maybe soon in future, you will find it more easily to use. :circle-of-love:
As to the height: :love:
- During seedling: above 30''
- During veg: 18~24''
- During flowering: 12~18'' above the canopy will help you get enough lights for your grow. :D
Thank you @Stunned for the input in time, much appreciated! :green_heart:
Are these hang height recommendations with the light at 100% intensity?

Oh, I know!
Oh, I know!
So for Germination: 24''-30'' at 100% light strength? I've seen posts suggest 30%, I'm confused

So for Germination: 24''-30'' at 100% light strength? I've seen posts suggest 30%, I'm confused
hey 1st day 50 percent if they dont wilt turn it up the next s day to 75 % if they dont wilt turn it up to 100 % at 30 inches
leave at 100 % .. your growing marijuana it likes the light ..

if you see the plant reacting badly raise lights.. once your seedlings get going i would even lower the light s more

12 inches for veg ..

using two.. tsl2000 lights but thinks its a little short for a 5 x 5 tent for flowering .. going to add a 3rd for more intense
spread .. over the canopy .. 900 watts and another 200 w or so for the fan blowers.. hoping for a good harvest..

I’m using a TSW2000. Grow height has been a learning curve for me also lights. Started with cheap lights. Plants grew but super slow.
Moved them to the TSW and immediate change. Was having height at 18” growing slow but super thick trunk and fat leaves.
Just moved light to 24”. Immediate stretch I was looking for. So for veg I’d recommend 24” plus as this is a very good light.

I’d go by what the Mars person said, not what you read in a random post.. they made the unit, and I’m sure it was thoroughly tested, they should know!

the Mars person said, not what you read in a random post.. they made the unit, and I’m sure it was thoroughly tested, they should know!
Hey, I'd just be wary of peeps that say this shit
companies will say anything that sells more of their poorly engineered garbage
In this case QC definately gets it up the ass......
If you dig a bit on the company, you'll be enlightened

C
Hey, I'd just be wary of peeps that say this shit
companies will say anything that sells more of their poorly engineered garbage
In this case QC definately gets it up the ass......
If you dig a bit on the company, you'll be enlightened
What would it accomplish for them to give bad information about how far to put the lights from plants, if it killed the plants it wouldn’t help sales? Since I have no experience with Mars I can’t comment on their QC, but they seem to be recommended by many on this forum and from reviews i’ve read they’re a well priced, decent entry to mid level light.

C

What would it accomplish for them to give bad information about how far to put the lights from plants, if it killed the plants it wouldn’t help sales? Since I have no experience with Mars I can’t comment on their QC, but they seem to be recommended by many on this forum as a good entry to mid level light.

you can get better bang for you buck with CMH lighting in my opinion .. led is expenses to buy vs cmh
cmh light is most excellent light to grow marijuana if you like dense big buds did i say big and stinky and oily too
mmmm good stuff just need 2 different bulbs 3k and the 4k for veg change over and 12 / 12 to 3k

I’m using a TSW2000. Grow height has been a learning curve for me also lights. Started with cheap lights. Plants grew but super slow.
Moved them to the TSW and immediate change. Was having height at 18” growing slow but super thick trunk and fat leaves.
Just moved light to 24”. Immediate stretch I was looking for. So for veg I’d recommend 24” plus as this is a very good light.
This is from Mars.

Dimming Instruction.png

Thanks. I’m new to growing. Done some outside. Used fluros years ago so learning curve is steep. Nutrients, light, better light, height for growth.
Next will be how to use a net in a few weeks and see how that goes. All new stuff.
Biggest issues have been light height. At 18” growth is super slow but branches are thick, overall too dense. Will end up being one big bud. Lol.
So moved to 24”. Big improvement also heat stress has reduced. I think I can go even higher to get a good stretch as they do outside when the nodes are no longer side by side.
Anyway. Enjoying this new hobby.

My first grow also. I’m using 3 of the TSW 2000’s.I just went with the manufacturer recommended heights but kept my lights on 100%. Haven’t had any issues with the lights themselves. My plants are growing Great. Indica at over 4’. And still stretching. They seem to be fairly affordable. Compared to most. I ran 2 TSW’s 18/6 and it was around $40 dollar on my bill. Thought is was gonna be more so I was relieved. Grabbed the 3rd one a week ago since I started flower. Also remember to keep the box and contents if you need to return for repairs/ refund or exchange. I’m happy with my purchases and have nothing bad to say about the lights. Their sturdy for how light in weight they are. Nice construction, easy to set up. Definitely good for a budget. Plus they grow my buds. Not sure what else I could ask for.

Back
Top Bottom