MaxYields' First Grow - Warlock - Alien Dawg - Berry Garcia - CFL Closet Grow

Speaking of ventilation, you're getting a tent. Good.. Do you have flex duct tubbing and exhaust fan to provide ventilation while the tent is closed at night?

I am ordering an exhaust fan (going to get the carbon filter later because smell doesn't matter for me) today.. Probably one around 400 CFM. Would it be necessary for me to get an intake fan with an exhaust fan with that high of a CFM?

A exhaust fan is all that is needed to create a negative pressure which will pull fresh air in your tent. You dont even have to open a hole for the intake as it will find places to pull air through a tent. It will "suck" the tent inward. If you wanted better airflow you could open a vent hole. If possible, vent the air separate from where you are getting the air so it stays fresh. I suck air from one room and vent to another.

Your light choice should determine the CFM fan you get as if you will need a 4 inch or 6 inch inline fan. 4 inch is usually around 200 cfm and 6 inch is usually around 400 cfm. I personally like the 6inch 440CFM inline fans. They work perfect with my cooltubes but you will have 6 inch ducting so keep that in mind. If you are getting a LED a 4inch fan may be sufficient for your application.

Also, A tip on your tent... I personally recommend a tent with metal corners instead of those cheap plastic ones. For me safety is always number one and you don't want those plastic corners to heat up and your light fall on your plants. Some people use them... I dont. I purchased a LightHouse Hydro tent as theirs have metal joint corners.. I was pleased with the price and the quality.

Good luck!

I am ordering an exhaust fan (going to get the carbon filter later because smell doesn't matter for me) today.. Probably one around 400 CFM. Would it be necessary for me to get an intake fan with an exhaust fan with that high of a CFM?

The 4inch one I got worked out fine. I dont know what the CFM is; but it was the smallest of the ones there. 400CFM sounds like a lot. Dont get the biggest one.

The 4inch one I got worked out fine. I dont know what the CFM is; but it was the smallest of the ones there. 400CFM sounds like a lot. Dont get the biggest one.

I just bought a 4" 190 CFM inline duct fan with a virgin carbon filter for my new tent! For now I will just leave the bottom vent holes open a little bit to allow air intake. I plan on getting an LED light so i figured the 4" was fine, can't wait for it to arrive!!

Also bought a PPM tester, so that should prove useful for me!

--BIG UPDATE--

Hey 420magazine!!

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year, especially in your gardens!! I know this year has been pretty great for my ladies and I so far thats for sure! So with this update I will be bringing you updates with changes to the grow room, the ladies current progress and more!! So lets get into it!

It's official..... the ladies have officially been FLIPPED!!!!
Let 12/12 begin, cannot wait to see these ladies start flowering!

Firstly I will start with an update on each of the ladies progress and what I plan on doing with each different lady!

WARLOCK::
This lady has definitely grown the most out of all three plants I have going, even with the stunted growth early on it is the bushiest and thickest plant. Her stem is also the thickest of the three. Over the past two weeks I have been slowly taking off unimportant lower growth, only taking 2-3 small branches or leaves a day. Three days ago I tied down all of the main branches so they were vertical to promote new top growth. Today I pulled all of the lower branches up through the (now open) middle of the plant, and cut off all of their small lower growth. Watered with plain Denver Tap on Thursday, Nutrient Feeding tomorrow. She was positioned under the front-half of the ScrOG Net... tucked through the front 8 rows.​

BERRY GARCIA::
The B.G. is also very large and bushy, lots of vigorous growth... she would be the MVP however Warlock was stunted for a little over a week while the B.G. had a smooth take off. HOWEVER, the other two girl's leaves humble in comparison to this ones. They are so broad and she is poopin' out 7-bladers! Very attractive plant overall, one of her branches was broken off during a watering a little over two weeks ago and the "twin" branch so-to-say has had some wicked gnarly and compact growth. This lady was also watered on Thursday with Denver Tap, she will get Nutes tomorrow. Put her under the back half of the ScrOG Net, back 7 rows.​

ALIEN DAWG::
So this lady has had the most problems of the three by far, looking back I definitely went way... WAY to hard on the Nutrients... haha :( oh well, lesson learned!! I have since nurtured her back to health as best I could.... She is definitely much healthier then she was earlier in Veg, showing lots of new growth and seems to be pretty resilient thank god. I decided to cut my losses and just do a semi-flux(?) type grow with her... I dunno, just experimenting, if I had the gear I would keep her in Veg but it's just not do-able right now. Received plain Denver Tap watering on Thursday, LIGHT Nutrient Feeding tomorrow. I put her on the right side of the ScrOG Net to let her Tops grow upwards.​

So all three have been flipped, I have decided against the 36-hours of darkness, I have scene evidence that plants can be given a 36-hour dark period before flowering and not hermie, however... not enough evidence to feel 100% confident. The lights went off ## minutes ago and tonight is their first 12 hours of darknes, new light schedule is::

LIGHTS ON :: 11:00 AM
LIGHTS OFF :: 11:00 PM​

Tomorrow they will all be given their first Flowering Nutrient Feeding, new growth on the Warlock and Berry Garcia will be tucked under the ScrOG Net for the next two weeks (or until it is full, whichever comes first). Alien Dawg will remain untouched, those Cola's will do what they do.

Awesome news to report, a very knowledgeable and VERY kind grower AND member of this community has helped me step my growing game up (more on this later). I now have a 2' x 4' x 6.5' Grow Tent for my ladies! There is more than enough room for all of them. I also received a rooted High-Brix Strawberry Diesel clone, and have it under one 27-watt CFL set on 24 hours of light. I am going to Veg this beautiful little lady for a little while... still need to decide if I want to flower a tiny plant, or veg it for a very long time..

Anyways... ON TO THE PICTURES!!!

Here is the new grow tent, very pleased with its construction.. no regrets or problems with this as my first grow tent.
IMG_29109.jpg
IMG_29127.jpg
IMG_29118.jpg

Here are the Warlock and Berry Garcia under the ScrOG Net... Warlock up front and Berry Garcia in the back.
IMG_291410.JPG
IMG_29166.JPG
IMG_291812.JPG
IMG_29296.JPG
IMG_292012.JPG
IMG_29273.JPG
IMG_29308.JPG
IMG_29264.jpg
IMG_29246.jpg
IMG_29239.JPG
IMG_29296.JPG

"Twin" branch so-to-say on the Berry Garcia that has gnarly growth.
IMG_28939.JPG

Broke (half-way ish) a branch on the Warlock today while tucking... tightly bound it back together with string... hopefully it will recover.
IMG_29282.JPG

Here is the new High-Brix Strawberry Diesel clone.
IMG_29428.JPG
IMG_29438.jpg
IMG_29457.jpg

Other than that, I just have one last thing to to do. Seraphim, has gone above and beyond to help me get my grow room situated better to that I can start running things smoother. He also hooked me up with that beautiful clone, this is one of the things I was hoping to get out of this community, some cool contacts in my state who are willing and ready to meet... and exchange advice, ideas, techniques, clones, etc. VERY EXCITED I met Seraphim, very cool dude, gave me loads of great advice. so again.... THANK YOU SO MUCH..

Everyone should go check his journal's out... He grows some very beautiful medicine :::

Seraphim's Strawberry Diesel - Mineralized Supersoil - LED - Indoor Grow

Seraphim Goes High Brix with Strawberry-Diesel

That's it for now.. Hope everyone enjoys the update!! PEACE!

Hey that's a pretty cool tent you got there!! haha!

Looking good Max!!! You are very welcome.

Great meeting you yesterday man and thanks for giving that little one a new home.

I am looking forward to seeing your garden bloom!

:high-five:

Now, your next priority is a lamp and a way to measure PH.

Hey that's a pretty cool tent you got there!! haha!

Looking good Max!!! You are very welcome.

Great meeting you yesterday man and thanks for giving that little one a new home.

I am looking forward to seeing your garden bloom!

:high-five:

Now, your next priority is a lamp and a way to measure PH.

Haha I sure thought so! The tent is working out very well, and it was more than my pleasure to take the little beauty off your hands... I promise I will raise her as my own!

The lamp will be ordered soon, just waiting on some cash flow within the next few weeks... Cannot wait to see that tent with a nice big LED panel inside it, I will finally feel like I have a proper grow room :slide: I will get a Ph tester for sure... at least the PPM meter will help me monitor the amount of nutrients she is fed. I might pick up some cheap Ph strips just in the mean time.

Probably going to start a new journal for that Strawberry Diesel clone.... Hopefully I can get my new lamps in soon enough to move the CFL lamp back into the closet and get a Veg room going. Definitely going to let her get big before I put her in the tent... maybe I will Veg her for a stupid amount of time for fun, then take some clones before I flower her.... So many possibilities!!!!

Yeah, one of those cheap PH dropper tests should get you by.

Or you can of course do that ^^

Travoso, his plants are already adult. He just flipped them recently. Is there a way to mineralize the soil at this stage?

Mineralized your soil and forget about PH!

Travoso, his plants are already adult. He just flipped them recently. Is there a way to mineralize the soil at this stage?

Hmmmm, I don't know very much about mineralized soils! I guess I have a fun new research project to get started on! I have always been interested in High-Brix soil, and it seems like (at least in your case Seraphim) experimenting with Mineralized Soil could be a step in the that direction.

I have also always been super interested in mixing and cooking my own soils... I have done a lot of research on that topic, and had planned on trying some stuff out come this Summer..... I am hoping to get a fun summer grow going with (hopefully) some large plants.

If either of you have good links to guides or threads on the subject of Mineralized and/or Super soils then feel free to post them here! I would be more than happy to go check them out.

You need to check out his newer journals also. The ones from the beginning of his true brix grows with lab recommended items.

His plants I just looked at made me drool.
--------
I have used mineralized soil with great results.

I am currently finishing a grow using 3x reused/ammended mineralized supersoil.
Fed with light doses of Tea and assorted nutes.

This might be my frostiest grow yet.

You need to check out his newer journals also. The ones from the beginning of his true brix grows with lab recommended items.

His plants I just looked at made me drool.
--------
I have used mineralized soil with great results.

I am currently finishing a grow using 3x reused/ammended mineralized supersoil.
Fed with light doses of Tea and assorted nutes.

This might be my frostiest grow yet.

Yeah I am following his Platinum LED grow journal and I followed his G8 one from beginning to end.... And I've looked through all of his journals in the past.. 2 years maybe? I'm sure I have missed a ton, but yeah I've stalked Doc Bud since long before I was able to start growing. Dudes an inspiration. Grows literally the most beautiful medicine haha.

And yeah everyone says mineralized (and obviously H.B.S.) always shows amazing results.. personally I can't wait to delve in to that adventure. I think I might have to settle on regular soil (I'm having a good time with FoxFarm for now) for my next couple.. but come summer I will be a gardening mad man!

Thanks again for your input man, I really appreciate it.

I never used FoxFarm soil, but have used their powdered nutes or Happy Frog nutes or Dr Earth powders in promix organic soil.

instead of buying all the individual ingredients needed for supersoil, those nutes and the mineral mix, some azomite, epsoms and water with a light dose of a tea and you'll get some nice bud.

Those powders are more readily available and I don't always have the opportunity to wait for soils to cook.

producing this
G20_Cd_wk9_flwr_2c.jpg

I never used FoxFarm soil, but have used their powdered nutes or Happy Frog nutes or Dr Earth powders in promix organic soil.

instead of buying all the individual ingredients needed for supersoil, those nutes and the mineral mix, some azomite, epsoms and water with a light dose of a tea and you'll get some nice bud.

Those powders are more readily available and I don't always have the opportunity to wait for soils to cook.

producing this
G20_Cd_wk9_flwr_2c.jpg

Holy *#@&.... That is beautiful...

I have always heard good things about FoxFarm and it seemed like a good place to start after doing a lot of research on soils and what Cannabis plants need to live. I also got my hands on their Liquid and Water Soluble Nutrients.. So far I like them a lot. I unfortunately got a little ahead of myself with my 'new-grower' excitement and nuked em with nutes in week 4.. but lesson learned. I would really like to see what FF can do without any hiccups on my end.

I want to be able to grow in regular soil without any problem before I take on the task of growing in Mineralized or H.B. soil.. It shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 more harvests in my opinion... We will see though!

I was curious if you could give me a recipe or a link to a guide for a soil I can make without having to buy all the individual ingredients? Because I know by heart all of the ingredients for a healthy soil, however I would feel much more comfortable if I could start this process by mixing up some soils and amendments.

Thanks for stopping by and helping me out Hash Hound.. You OBVIOUSLY know what you're doing.

exciting news!

I just placed the order for my new light!!!

So I decided since I will be buying two lights altogether for this new tent, but I will be buying them about a month apart, I should order a higher wattage light for the amount of plants I currently have... So I went with the Mars-Hydro Mars II 700 watt L.E.D. Grow Light. Just received confirmation that Sara and Tina over at the Mars-Hydro HQ have received my payment and my order will be arranged to ship tomorrow from the U.S.A Warehouse.. They say their delivery times average 2-10 days, I'm not sure where the U.S.A. warehouse is located, however I am hoping since it isn't international it should be closer to 2 to 3 days :)

So far customer service has been PERFECT, fast responses and fast action was taken when I placed my order. A great experience as of now, lets hope it stays that way!

Anyways, my Exhaust Fan and Carbon Filter should be here either tomorrow or the next day... and that means my grow room is complete!!!!! Which is so exciting.

Here is my Final set-up (minus the second Mars II 700W):

2' x 4' x 6.5' Grow Tent
Mars-Hydro Mars II 700 watt L.E.D. Grow Light (Standard Spectrum)
One 4" Inline Duct Fan w/ 8" x 9" x 8.5" Carbon Filter
2 Stand Alone Fans
Humidifier

That's about it everyone!

Back
Top Bottom