Maybe another drop in dispensary prices in Michigan?

If Ohio legalizes tonite, it may drop cannabis prices at the dispensaries even lower.
Looks like Ohio legalized recreational.

I can't get the article to open. The Freep says the link will only open for those with a paid subscription. Did the article mention something along the lines of Ohio customers not having to drive up to Michigan to purchase?

Kind of hard to believe that the prices here can drop any lower. Last I heard was from a buddy who gets text msgs from a local dispensary that is running a BOGO sale. Buy one ounce and get one ounce for free and at $100 for the first ounce it comes out to $50 per ounce with the sale.

With prices like that on the consumer end it is putting some of the licensed growers out of business and many of the underground growers are just giving up since they can't grow and sell at $50 per ounce. Now, if they are still growing it is a scaled down operation providing just enough for themselves and family.

If Ohio legalizes tonite, it may drop cannabis prices at the dispensaries even lower.

MGM
. I'm going to check on any updates right now. :)
That article URL is to Detroit Free Press, it requires membership.

I found this one a bit ago, looks like it passed.

I can't get the article to open. The Freep says the link will only open for those with a paid subscription. Did the article mention something along the lines of Ohio customers not having to drive up to Michigan to purchase?

Kind of hard to believe that the prices here can drop any lower. Last I heard was from a buddy who gets text msgs from a local dispensary that is running a BOGO sale. Buy one ounce and get one ounce for free and at $100 for the first ounce it comes out to $50 per ounce with the sale.

With prices like that on the consumer end it is putting some of the licensed growers out of business and many of the underground growers are just giving up since they can't grow and sell at $50 per ounce. Now, if they are still growing it is a scaled down operation providing just enough for themselves and family.
Spot on. The growers are tossing it in. I have a friend who grows forests, and he's giving up this year because he can't compete with dispensary prices.
Locally here, it's going around 100.00 per oz. for good bud. They do have BOGO on certain strains.

Spot on. The growers are tossing it in. I have a friend who grows forests, and he's giving up this year because he can't compete with dispensary prices.
Locally here, it's going around 100.00 per oz. for good bud. They do have BOGO on certain strains.
I apologize for the paywall link. It worked for me and I have no subscription.

The two of you seem to have a handle on the situation. The article deals with Ohio border raiders who buy weed in S.E. Michigan counties and take it home. Michigan growers and dispensaries fear that Ohio customers purchase in such quantities that once it is available in Ohio the depressed demand will depress prices in Michigan driving more people out of the business.

The article did not mention the effect of the small home grower on the market, but I do agree with @SmokingWings that the way the plant and possession limit works in Michigan results in a lot of cannabis that's simply given away. Around here a lot of people grow for friends and family, and you have to have something special for you to give them a gift.

MGM

That’s gonna totally kill the commercial growers if it drops anymore. CL🍀
It will kill off all but the largest, economies of scale growers, for sure. In between there is a squeeze between those super-growers and the large number of home growers sharing outstanding bud with friends and relatives.

MGM

It is already killed off most of the licensed medical care-givers. They have lost patients who can get what they need cheaper at dispensaries.
I know a couple who just went through that.

MGM

I live in Ohio here about 45 miles from Monroe, MI and its shopping center for MJ and its products, in a safe and secure area. Here in my garage conversations are the thoughts that it will take at least 3-5 years before Ohio can even come close to how Michigan's cannabis sales take place. All about money at the state house, Ohio will not allow MJ to be sold for low prices as is currently in MI at least not yet. Ohio government is the distributor and will control sales and tax money. 10% of 50.00 oz Vs 10% of 200.00. The suits are sitting in the Gov. office working on forecasts and a corporate forecast is nothing to sluff off.

I live in Ohio here about 45 miles from Monroe, MI and its shopping center for MJ and its products, in a safe and secure area. Here in my garage conversations are the thoughts that it will take at least 3-5 years before Ohio can even come close to how Michigan's cannabis sales take place. All about money at the state house, Ohio will not allow MJ to be sold for low prices as is currently in MI at least not yet. Ohio government is the distributor and will control sales and tax money. 10% of 50.00 oz Vs 10% of 200.00. The suits are sitting in the Gov. office working on forecasts and a corporate forecast is nothing to sluff off.
Prolly end up being like here in Illinois where the taxes are so high people are going to Michigan or black market. CL🍀

Howdy i was a caregiver in my Michigan for a long time some of my people are in loyal with me and some go to the dispensary Im in GR. some left and came back their quality @ the dispensary isn't as good as mine but shit i can't grow as many different cultivars! Screw the dispensary!

Howdy i was a caregiver in my Michigan for a long time some of my people are in loyal with me and some go to the dispensary Im in GR. some left and came back their quality @ the dispensary isn't as good as mine but shit i can't grow as many different cultivars! Screw the dispensary!
I miss my best friend and caregiver in Michigan. Then I left state. Hands down the best bud. Now all these dispensaries sell trash for ridiculous stacks of cash. I refuse to go buy retail anymore. Thanks to @420 and the wonderful wealth of information. I may never ever go back. My harvest are flavorful and bountiful.

Back
Top Bottom