Mcloadie's Fourth Grow Journal

Re: Mcloadies fourth grow journal

Ya canna, I've never even heard of the pH of water being so low. Well as for pH being low, when a nutrient solution has a low pH, it means that there is an abundance of nutrient. A plant uses water much more quickly than the nutrient, which accounts for the fact that by topping off a res, or adding more water to a solution will raise the pH. This factor is especially true for water that is alkaline, I just used the alkaline water as pH up, it also causes the tds to rise....as the alkaline water has an abundance of calcium, then I add the Epsom salts to amend the absence of magnesium. This takes the calmag out of the picture, sving me a little money, and giving me a degree of control, especially in controlling the ratios of calcium and magnesium. I've used calmag before, it was super slow acting.....and I didn't cut it off soon enough before harvest and I could taste it in the weed. My last harvest is absolutely the cleanest weed I ever grew, my timing when I cut the certain elements off was great!, the plants just wasted away and left me nice, dense, aromatic, clean, organic product.

you should discontinue calcium and magnesium supplementation 3 weeks before harvest.

Does anyone know...approximately....how much a big cylinder of co2 costs? I don't have the bottle or anything!
My boss fills those at work from a local supplier for welders, and he pays about $75.00 a fill. He already has the tank. He said he is going to look into scuba/dive shops and see what they can provide him, maybe cheaper.
Just a thought.

My boss fills those at work from a local supplier for welders, and he pays about $75.00 a fill. He already has the tank. He said he is going to look into scuba/dive shops and see what they can provide him, maybe cheaper.
Just a thought.

Like getting a scuba tank filled? I wonder if they still use big tanks of co2 for paintball?

Yeah, like getting it filled. He hasn't called any yet, but ya never know till ya ask.
I don't know on the paintball guns.....always wanted to try those though. LOL

That's a good idea on the Harbor Freight place too, we just got one of those in our town. They have tons of stuff at some decent pricing.

they pump air out of the ambient air its just filtered in the scuba tanks they don't do co2
only other thing is a nitrox mix for deep diving i think it was nitrox meh whatever lol
Happy Weednsday Mc :thumb:

Yeah, like getting it filled. He hasn't called any yet, but ya never know till ya ask.
I don't know on the paintball guns.....always wanted to try those though. LOL

That's a good idea on the Harbor Freight place too, we just got one of those in our town. They have tons of stuff at some decent pricing.

I would think about the paintball real hard....LOL.......I haven't done it in ten years and still have lotsa scars from when the paintballs break the skin....LOL....happens all the time!

I did my co2 calculations and they are goin like this; I'm going to set the regulator for 6 liters per hour....5 minutes on....20 minutes off and see what happens. I'm on the trail of a tank, or I'll probably just use theirs. I'm going to start with one of those short beer brewing tanks. If it looks like I'm getting positive results I'll get my own big bottle. I'm going to make a manifold that goes around the perimeter of both lights out of 1/2 inch pvc with tiny holes drilled on the bottom, it will be fed by 1/4 inch poly tubing that will come in from the regulator and tank which will be in an adjacent room.

The plants are getting better every day, they still need a coupla days to dry out and I have thought of letting them wilt, then preparing to water a few hours...or the day before on a time schedule next time. The gsc are starting to take off, They are still a little pale, and I contribute that to the lockout caused by overwatering. I gave em a 25% dose of veg food last application....and the tea that is brewing is at 340ppm, with mychos and other nutritious goodies I detailed previously. I did add a tbsp. of dr earth vegetable fertilizer to the sock in the tea, and I'll add a tbsp. of Epsom right before I apply it, like I said...in a coupla days.

For Co2 tank filling you may try looking into a welding supply shop

Thanks heady, every time I get a store from the web and click the link it goes no where, what I think I'm gonna do is pass the task off to a competent welder I know and let them get it for me through their books.........gives me a little security buffer, people have a hard time minding their own business here...LOL

places that make dry ice might have the co2 also
Happy Thurweed day Mc :thumb:

looking good mc, out of curiosity do you add the epson salt every watering?

Hey infamy....the answer is yes......if I don't I get too much purpling. You just have to make sure and stop at an appropriate time.....I like to stop it three weeks before my projected harvest date. So, in a nutshell, my plants get calcium from the tap water, and magnesium from the Epsom.

Back
Top Bottom