Mcloadie's Fourth Grow Journal

Re: Mcloadies fourth grow journal

.I know where weed grows wild outside here where I live.......comes back up every year.
Get the FLUX outta here!!! No-one takes them?
Anyway keep teaching Teach. I'm in the front row.

Awesome note taking and sharing Mc. Never seen the petri style till now will be using it on my next plant :). Question I use coco and left the rest of the sitting on a table outside since it has been raining I figured it may cleanse it. What risk am I taking?

I'll tell ya mango, I prefer 40-50% for flower and 60-70% for vegging. Now, a question; Have you ever had mold in the environment you're growing in? Mold is generally not a problem in areas that aren't particularly affected with it. Like I never had any....even outdoors during monsoon season.

high altitude desert here, looks just like Afghanistan. U no Vegas?... clean room, never see mold... too dam dry.
I am going to catch a side by side one day. and grow with you at the same time. I like the way you deal with crisis problems. I learned a lot from you green buddy... when's your flower cycle finish up date projected? looks might we might be around the same time. Spring Bud Reports...lol

OK, I got three seeds in the soil, I decided not to use the used soil for the simple fact that it has been outside for a week. I would have preferred it, but why take the chance? I planted em root down of course....about a quarter inch from the top of the new black gold soil. Then watered em in with three turkey basters full each....LOL....with the same water/nutrient I just applied to my plants in veg.
How hot is the mix for the veg? Do u think it could be too hot for the young tap roots liking?
Hope its light and alls well.
Sounds like a mendo purps plant I had May this year. She pollenated herself, not sure if thats and S1 haha like me. BID would know. Sounds like you have a similar situation :)
I'll tell ya mango, I prefer 40-50% for flower and 60-70% for vegging. Now, a question; Have you ever had mold in the environment you're growing in? Mold is generally not a problem in areas that aren't particularly affected with it. Like I never had any....even outdoors during monsoon season.

I've only had a cola or two with any mold in my whole career, they were huge leg sized colas that couldn't dry off right, this last run of cookies number three had such girth to its colas there was some bud rot. Grey mold botrytis is what the scientific name is. Tiny has some chongers too and zip, nada NO ROT! Whoo hoo! I guess well see how it goes now that I have more wind blowing in there.
By the way I also have similar plants as your cookies and bubba OG. They both share a four by four tray same res. I hardly ever do this but it was this or bust. Reason im explaining this is this: the cookies is showing me a little def. by early yellowing of the leaves a bit but the bubba OG is grand, dark as dark green and loving every minute. The cookies wants more but the bubba OG does not. Point being is this is the reason I never share a reservoir, I find it more times than not one if not both plants are not happy and its impossible to adjust it to one and not affect the other.
Not sure if any of that applies mc but sounds like the cookies wants more than the bubba, not only are they different plants from mine but your environment is also diff.
The seedlings sound promising, crazy candy smelling purps is what it sounds like dude gave ya

Hey Mac,
that sounds purty as heck!
You have given me an answer on a seed question without realizing it too. I have some very green seeds started on this pollinated branch and was hoping I wouldn't HAVE to wait until those are dark before harvesting the seeds that are done. There only a few there, but I really didn't want to waste the lighting and such waiting for those few. LOL
Do you think if the greener seeds are cut from the plant that they will just continue to dry and mature? Or will they just stay green? Do you know how old the green seeds were that you were gifted?
Might seem a silly question, but I have a "weed" that grows outside that I continue to chop down every year and even after chopping those seed pods continue the process.

If you check my KingJohnC 400 watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor grow journal at post #1022 and again to post #1047 I go into detail on how many seed are mature and how many seeds are not mature. The seeds were allowed to mature on the plant for 46 days. I believe that had I allowed the plant to live longer more seeds would have matured. In post #1060 I go over how many days it took for each phase of the process.

#1022 KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

#1047 KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

#1060 KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

If you check my KingJohnC 400 watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor grow journal at post #1022 and again to post #1047 I go into detail on how many seed are mature and how many seeds are not mature. The seeds were allowed to mature on the plant for 46 days. I believe that had I allowed the plant to live longer more seeds would have matured. In post #1060 I go over how many days it took for each phase of the process.

#1022 KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

#1047 KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

#1060 KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal
Thanks so much KJC! I'm heading over to read through those this morning. I'm thinking I read through those quite some time ago, but had not planned on seeds at that time, so I let it fall out of the brains' file cabinet. LOL
Yer a peach! :circle-of-love:

Get the FLUX outta here!!! No-one takes them?
Anyway keep teaching Teach. I'm in the front row.

It's not such a pretty stort brokey....I'll explain; I know a person.....actually persons....who were growing some ganja...outdoors. As will often happen........just an observance of mine...........they will have a great first year or crop.....like beginners luck.......I'm just saying what I've OBSERVED! So, the next spring they are excited as hell....full of confidence......ready to knock down a big one this second summer...it was so easy last year! Well....these persons had this one plant that grew the second summer.....it looked a little different...."let's let it grow and see what it does". Well, what it did was express its' sex....which was male. I identified the plant as male in a phone conversation and gave instructions to carefully bag it with a drum liner, and let it remain like that til harvest was over....and move it somewhere farrr far away. Hehe, I guess it was too much trouble, or my instructions didn't have enough urgency in them, but the plant was moved 50 feet away.....not bagged....again......"let's see what it does". It pollinated sixteen beautiful females! These plants had so many seeds that they were falling out everywhere....they got in the ground.....they still are allowed to produce males that aren't caught in time and that garden has never produced the coveted seedless ganja since. Now, mcloadie will take advantage of a bad thing and try to make something positive out of it. I harvested pollen from that original male plant......that was a bubblegum kush....did selective pollination on a lovely Mexican brickweed female that I couldn't kill at MY garden....that I dubbed "mexicandy".....and the result was the "mexikush". I have been reading Cervantes and a detail has come to my attention. The difference, or a big difference in the mh, and hps bulbs is the absence or decreased production of red light in the mh, and blue light in the hps. This would explain why my plants look a bit "pekid"....the color isn't right........the blue light is very necessary in the production of chlorophyll....which is what these vegging plants need most to produce a structure that is appropriate for successful flowering or reproduction. So, here's the plan; The 420 watt induction lamp comes out of the other room....( empty right now )....and I will hang it below the twin 600's.........turn off the 600's, plug it in and huddle the plants closer together. We will see what happens....I will post pics of the expedient configuration soon.

Awesome note taking and sharing Mc. Never seen the petri style till now will be using it on my next plant :). Question I use coco and left the rest of the sitting on a table outside since it has been raining I figured it may cleanse it. What risk am I taking?

If the environmental conditions are suitable, the only real risk is that of possibly transporting outdoor pests into you grow room if or when you bring them in. I have seen people do it, with the positive and negative aspects being realized.

high altitude desert here, looks just like Afghanistan. U no Vegas?... clean room, never see mold... too dam dry.
I am going to catch a side by side one day. and grow with you at the same time. I like the way you deal with crisis problems. I learned a lot from you green buddy... when's your flower cycle finish up date projected? looks might we might be around the same time. Spring Bud Reports...lol

If there's no mold issue....run that humidity up! Keep it within the parameters best you can...........I know great people in vegas...haha, 420 members and personal friends!! 5 hour drive from here........my very LIFE is a gamble....LOL.......

How hot is the mix for the veg? Do u think it could be too hot for the young tap roots liking?
Hope its light and alls well.
Sounds like a mendo purps plant I had May this year. She pollenated herself, not sure if thats and S1 haha like me. BID would know. Sounds like you have a similar situation :)

I've only had a cola or two with any mold in my whole career, they were huge leg sized colas that couldn't dry off right, this last run of cookies number three had such girth to its colas there was some bud rot. Grey mold botrytis is what the scientific name is. Tiny has some chongers too and zip, nada NO ROT! Whoo hoo! I guess well see how it goes now that I have more wind blowing in there.
By the way I also have similar plants as your cookies and bubba OG. They both share a four by four tray same res. I hardly ever do this but it was this or bust. Reason im explaining this is this: the cookies is showing me a little def. by early yellowing of the leaves a bit but the bubba OG is grand, dark as dark green and loving every minute. The cookies wants more but the bubba OG does not. Point being is this is the reason I never share a reservoir, I find it more times than not one if not both plants are not happy and its impossible to adjust it to one and not affect the other.
Not sure if any of that applies mc but sounds like the cookies wants more than the bubba, not only are they different plants from mine but your environment is also diff.
The seedlings sound promising, crazy candy smelling purps is what it sounds like dude gave ya

Thanks for that post bro....it is very useful to me right now so I can get a better picture of what needs to happen here!

Good weed everyone!! Dang it! I've been reading and it seems that some folks are having great luck with seedlings under hps......scratches head and wonders aloud

Yeah, Man. Somethings weird. I didn't have problems sprouting under HPS when I was using them?????

Yeah, Man. Somethings weird. I didn't have problems sprouting under HPS when I was using them?????

Good weed chron,welcome LA. Yeah omm, maybe they are still overwatered.......I'm going to let them wilt and see just how far off I am on the watering schedule....they are growing quickly.......they still have a unhappy look on their face!

OK, I decided to make some chocolate candies;

24 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
26 grams of hash
2 tsp. orange extract
I'm too high to do this...LOL, I'll finish later...btw, I only ate like one fifth of ONE candy!

0011606.JPG
0021602.JPG
0031542.JPG
0041452.JPG
0061205.JPG
0071140.JPG
0081044.JPG
009931.JPG

The pics are self explanatory......enjoy! I haven't got em outta the mini muffin pan yet...they are in the frig hardening up.......

Back
Top Bottom