Mcloadie's Second Grow Journal

i just dont see the benifit personaly of autos beacuse you loos alot of the control : (

if you lived somewhere with a shorter growing season like maybe Mechicken and want to do an outdoor grow then autos would have some advantages. harvest times are set from sprouting and even indoors you do not need to fuss with light scheduals.
just like ole Ron Popiel says set it and forget it:)
never have grown them myself

Midget lady will yield 3/4 oz dry
0051053.JPG
007864.JPG

:bravo:thems some mighty fine young ladies you got there Mc

Ohhhh!!! My heart hurts....I love autos and have not had a negative experience yet. LOL. I do like how nobody here beat the shit out of the topic. Yes a true auto is mixed with the ruderellis. I would have to get an exact count but I have grown around 8 or 9 autos. All different strains. average yield seems to be around 2 ounces give or take. That has much to do with my newb ways ( CFL also ). They were my first ever grows and I learned a ton. My current Auto Mazar should give me several ounces. The beauty of an Auto is they take up little space, grow in any light cycle you have at the time, quick harvest, educational, etc....

I think Fishy outlined the best use for autos. If you live in an area with a large latitude, such as where I live at 49*N, the growing season is too short to grow regular seeds. It gets too cold too fast here.

Autos solve this because you can start them early so they finish in August or September. If you let a regular go until October, you're really playing the lottery that it won't get moldy before it finishes.

DISCLAIMER: I've never grown an auto or grown outdoors. The above statements are based entirely on what I've been told and my understanding of the basic about how this plant grows.

yeah what Hiker said:)
I think Fishy outlined the best use for autos. If you live in an area with a large latitude, such as where I live at 49*N, the growing season is too short to grow regular seeds. It gets too cold too fast here.

Autos solve this because you can start them early so they finish in August or September. If you let a regular go until October, you're really playing the lottery that it won't get moldy before it finishes.

DISCLAIMER: I've never grown an auto or grown outdoors. The above statements are based entirely on what I've been told and my understanding of the basic about how this plant grows.

I have tiny bumps on the cuts in the areodome at 3 days, I hope they are ready in 7. This won't be much better than before the mods, and these are different strains than the initial run without mods. 7 days is an acceptable improvement. The res temp is at 78, heat may become an issue during summer months when I convert it to a dwc aero rig, if it does, i'm gonna get creative and try to keep it self contained as much as possible.

If you don't mind mcloadie, here is a good explanation of autos from the Samsara seed company.

https://www.samsaraseeds.com/media/growers_guide_autoflowering_plants.pdf

I have there Supersonic Crystal Storm Auto tude freebie, and I am going to try to plant it approx June 1 and she should finish mid to late August. This is better than a reg seed in my neck of the woods as they normally finish late Sept early Oct, when the weather around here ins't that great.

If you don't mind mcloadie, here is a good explanation of autos from the Samsara seed company.

I have there Supersonic Crystal Storm Auto tude freebie, and I am going to try to plant it approx June 1 and she should finish mid to late August. This is better than a reg seed in my neck of the woods as they normally finish late Sept early Oct, when the weather around here ins't that great.

Thank you hash hound...getting on it now!

I would like to give these a try at some point, this might be a perfect scenario for my aerodome (the aeroponics system I'm working with). I'm in the middle of a grow ( in my mind) and I'm trying to engage any possible problem scenario that could arise, with my best efforts I'm sure I'm going to hit some snags, but if I can realise a certain amount of assurance that I can maintain the fundamentals I'll have way more confidence knowing the environment is acceptable and it's not what's causing less than nominal performance. I need to develop a res cooler....simple, effective, adjustable....that fits inside the totes for storage as I promised......LOL...That was an excellent read, easy on my brain cell!

When considering data, vs. opinions, we need to first take into account what constitutes "scientific data". I could go and spend a few months deciding in my mind just how many trials it takes to meet the criteria. I know for a fact that in plant breeding programs, control groups consist of " thousands" of subjects, and from those thousands of subjects, thousands more are created to come to accurate conclusions. I want it to be known that with all my findings, and all my trials, my recommendations are mostly the result of conclusions that i have come to in my own mind, based on my limited experience, with my limited budget. I mostly KNOW what I have done, and some of what I have seen based on my confidence in my abilty to interpret WHAT I am seeing, taking into account who is showing it to me. That's all I have to say right now.....if I think I broke my leg, and the bone is sticking out, and it hurts like hell, I'm gonna be pretty sure that's what actually happened!:peace:

I have tiny bumps on the cuts in the areodome at 3 days, I hope they are ready in 7. This won't be much better than before the mods, and these are different strains than the initial run without mods. 7 days is an acceptable improvement. The res temp is at 78, heat may become an issue during summer months when I convert it to a dwc aero rig, if it does, i'm gonna get creative and try to keep it self contained as much as possible.

Dude my third run through has been rough, its been like 15 days and these ones are not geting long like others, BUT they have hundreds of bumps, only thing i have done diffrently then before is that i cut them alot smaller, thinking that this would speed up prosses but seems like they may have been TOO small idk if some will make it but idc realy because i have too much for space as it is so it should be interesting for sure lol

salutations Mc and Fam.

salutations Mc and Fam.

Foxtrot charlie...papa oscar bravo....5 echo charlie (enemy combatants) alpha alpha tango ( assumed ambient temperature...expired ). Papa oscar bravo out. LOL....I got 5 mice in the first phase of my strategic mouse elimination maneuvers. I set out 9 traps....three hits on one trap, two other singles....AND I scored with a priority target......A fat ass momma mouse!...I got her right in the grow....phase two will include a bait change.........broken rythem method ( tao of jeet kun do( bruce lee) ) and we'll see what phase two produces. They never should have messed with this grow. I sure hope these plants don't hermie.....the overhead room light stayed on thru the dark cycle.

Roger that! I hate meeses to pieces!
sygma delta phi. superfragilisticexspyalidoitous. cranberry soup green lynx frosted flake. group intercourse. exit stage left!
what you talkin about willis

Back
Top Bottom