Mechanic's Log: WW, AK-47, FFof Soil, Screw-In LEDs

I never knew there were so many strains. Then, looking at the THC/CBD contents listed you can't make heads or tails of the differences other than what someone says about them. It gets real confusing real fast. I had to hope folks knew what they were talking about. :)

My WW and Blueberry were free.

You've got good genetics. WW and AK-47 are legends.

Highya Mechanic,

Looking good in there. Nice job with the light fixture. Looks like my handiwork, lol. The biggest underlying theme here is "What works for you". Certainly, those lights work for you. The ladies you showed before with the big buds (probably last grow) looked really nice. Maybe this grow will be a little nicer, especially with more lights. You're well on your way to some nice smokeable buds! Cheers

Thank you... you must do some really nice handy work. Haha Jk. I will definitely come take a look sometime.

Yes the pictures of the flowering plants were from my last grow and I was more than excited when I realized I exceeded my goal of 4oz. I ended up with almost 6oz in a 2x2. But that’s almost gone already and I really hope this grow goes just as well. My goal is at least 8oz from my 32”x32” tent and I just hope the AK test subject make it to smoke.

“What works for you” is right.
I plan to have a more professional set up one day... but this works for me. :yahoo:
Thank you...

Been awake for awhile but rolled out of bed around 10 today. I can’t believe the kids let me and my wife relax so long. I think the beach wore them out yesterday... :yahoo:

And good morning to the ladies... feel free to speak up if you notice anything strange on these girls.
16C2FC02-756C-4B29-B79A-33F31548EA92.jpeg
6DE5C6D3-A9D6-4388-AE80-C237CCF6068E.jpeg
F023686E-279A-417F-8632-D261AD95FF60.jpeg
5E21CD19-9B25-418F-A944-CFF2EF0C9B69.jpeg

Yeah, there's nothing wrong in there. All those branch tops look so symmetrical, and a ice green. Looks like you flipped the switch to flower mode. Cheers

Thank you @Bode. Its nice to have your input.

I’m happy that I’ve been able to keep these girls mostly flat. I don’t give my light(s) a whole lot of credit for penetration power so keeping a flat canopy is critical.

I’m flipping my 2 AK test subjects tonight and trimming under the skirts a little. They were transplanted into the same pot a couple nights ago so I know it’s not the ideal time to flip but hey... there an experiment anyway.

My other ladies will be flipped in about a week. I may do some trimming tonight on the WW’s if I have time. If not then tomorrow for sure.
Budsicles are in the near future.

I didn’t get to post anything yesterday but not much happened since Sunday anyway...

The AK test subjects are looking good.

Righty has been a little taller than lefty since the beginning. Since before they were forced to share the same pot. Haha. Can’t wait to see if righty grows up and devoures his cell mate or if they can find peace between each other.

Any guesses.?

1ABE829C-8F07-4011-96AA-8B71FBF0F045.jpeg
0CEE5565-24F8-4B29-874A-E89D113365B0.jpeg
D48CEDCE-6812-4A2E-9303-F4C6CF6DE079.jpeg

Sorry for the terrible pics. One day I’ll have a nice camera.
:thumb:

I’ll give an update about what’s going on in the bigger tent later today.

Hello 420 community,

A few things have been going on in the bigger tent with the 4 ladies. I’ve been busy so I haven’t been able to post anything.

First up the AK-47. She looks really light green and is starting to show some deficiencies. I watered her a little last night with the usual cal-mag and liquid karma but I added a new grow nutrient to my line up from age old organics to hopefully green her up a bit. Looks like some good stuff with a NPK ratio of 12-6-6. Its not considered organic but is really close from what Ive read. It has a few chelated ingredients but in a really small percentage, and it’s not the NPK thats chelated so I don’t think any microbes or fungi in the soil will be affected.
22DD351D-2CC0-4597-9129-2509693E8F6F.jpeg

Next up is my best looking WW. I’m simply going to call her WW#1 unless somebody wants to give her a proper name. She’s been trained a little more to keep her flat. I took some clones the other day and their looking good so far. She’s been watered once since after the transplant. I think she went 10 days before the pots dried out then got a shot of the cal-mag, liquid karma, and age old grow.

Next is WW#2. She’s been trained again also and got her first watering since transplant last night.
No clones from this one. I’m thinking I should take clones from all of these ladies but I have a good feeling that WW#1 will be a winner. Plus I don’t have any good place to root more clones so I’ll just stick with what I have.
WW#2
17CF96D4-3AF6-4B3D-ADE2-99033061701C.jpeg

And lastly the WW#3

Same story, did some training and she got her first watering last night. She’s my greenest plant currently and is looking pretty happy.
C0F9C7BF-A6D7-4826-902C-F01200A7A144.jpeg

I’ll post about my test subjects later I forgot to take a picture yesterday.

Are they different strains? They look like that. If so, that would explain the height difference.

Are they different strains? They look like that. If so, that would explain the height difference.

That would make sense. Thank you for stopping by.

I’m hoping that’s not the case tho. There are both suppose to be AK-47... haha.

Although, I could have messed up when identifying the 6 plants I have in total.

They are all from seed and weren’t labeled but the 2 strains I have were separated into different packages so I know I have 3 WW in total and 3 AKs.

Judging by the structure of the plants, (before final transplant), I was confident that I chose 3 WW and my best looking AK for my bigger tent. And the 2 “rejected” AK’s became the mutant that you see before you in my 2x2.

I could be wrong but my hopes are that I did not mess up and lefty is just a little behind righty. Haha.

Stay tuned...

hey mechanic looks great :thumb:

You have done a nice job with the training

Thank you, I’m hoping it pays off. Can’t see why it wouldnt but it will still be interesting to see how they all fill their spaces. My work is not done yet. Haha.

Here’s some pictures of the ladies in my bigger tent before they get their last 6 hour night. I will be switching to 12/12 tomorrow at lights out. Finally... haha.

The AK Keeper.
I swear she greened up slightly since yesterday but my mind could be playing tricks on me.
C3D36F09-BE9F-47B3-B9E4-E28567C3193C.jpeg

WW#1
Some of her fans are getting pretty big.
62B5DE86-049F-4F36-B1D4-FBDA39557218.jpeg

80006A83-2131-4CC4-9299-A95628D8F6ED.jpeg

WW#2. She’s a Happy Camper.
1B612015-DAC9-4BB4-9E9C-808DDD8E0E96.jpeg

WW#3. Chuggin.
ACCC9520-AE9A-40EE-BD97-61FAAF73F305.jpeg

Group shot.
D657317C-E800-40AC-9CD1-0E1EC2C78A0D.jpeg

Attachments

• AD1953CE-B06A-425A-9BFB-76040B481D5B.jpeg
    AD1953CE-B06A-425A-9BFB-76040B481D5B.jpeg
    839.8 KB · Views: 39
The most exciting part of the grow flip day:headbanger:
Nice healthy ladies I bet you will have a ton of bud sites in a couple of weeks

It is fun and it’s so hard to wait to flip sometimes but obviously worth it. Unless you wait too long and overgrow your space. Haha. I’m hoping that I have just enough tops. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Man lightbulbs have upgraded some since I used CFLs lol.

I know what you mean. Haha. Around 8 or 9 years ago, when I had zero experience growing anything, I used a few cfls and had a very lengthy unhappy plant. But I didn’t know about inverse square law, training or anything really. Haha. I think I would have been a little better off with these leds but that would only have taken me so far back then.

You could add bulbs on the sides or at 45 degrees, for more light penetration. I wish my plants looked this good. I did notice something wrong with them though...
They’re not in my GH... :lot-o-toke:

Thank you. I may give that a shot on the test subjects in my little tent. I don’t think the 36 watts of light I’m using will be enough unless I do some really clever training. ;)

Back
Top Bottom