Michigan MM - Super Lemon Haze - From Seed

I am a newbie to the growing, but I have had great results with Rockwool for seedlings and clones. I don't think rockwool is your problem. ;)

Hey 4 I'm in too see what happens! You need to get those pups some closer light! You should have also pulled them out of rockwool alot sooner! I guess we live and learn! Also 16/8 is only good for select strains! Switch to 18/6 cause it doesn't effect chemistry for more females the majority of the time! LET THOSE GIRLS VEG!

Here is my flowering order number chart. You can refer to it to keep track/progress of the girls.

order_number.jpg

We're at the end of week 5/3 going onto 6/4.

Flower 1 - Dead.
flower118.jpg

Due to lack of water, the roots were very weak.

Flower 2 - Revived!
flower215.jpg

I thought this was not going to make it, but with proper lighting and watering she came back.

Flower 3 - Reviving
flower310.jpg

This weak seed is coming back from lack of watering.

Flower 4 - Reviving
flower46.jpg

This week seed is also coming back from lack of watering.

Flower 5 - Strong Flower
flower53.jpg

This strong seed is doing great. No problems.

Flower 6-1 - New Flower
flower6-1.jpg

This new flower is doing great as well.

Whats Changed. LIGHTING - 18/6. - LIGHTS - 100W/2700Kx2, 100W/6500Kx4 - LIGHT HIGHT is at 12in above top of plant base. WATERING - keeping moisture levels at 7-7.5Max is crucial. Do not go above 7.5. At all, Ever. They can start wilting about 5.5-6.0, so make sure your watering is constant (This is at temps in the 80's with humidity in the low 50's to high 40's.) during the day, and low to mid 70's at night, with humidity in the high 40's to low 50's. These plants LOVE hot heat. 80's is great for this strain. Just keep up the watering and you'll be ok.

Whats Changed. LIGHTING - 18/6. - LIGHTS - 100W/2700Kx2, 100W/6500Kx4 - LIGHT HIGHT is at 12in above top of plant base. WATERING - keeping moisture levels at 7-7.5Max is crucial. Do not go above 7.5. At all, Ever. They can start wilting about 5.5-6.0, so make sure your watering is constant (This is at temps in the 80's with humidity in the low 50's to high 40's.) during the day, and low to mid 70's at night, with humidity in the high 40's to low 50's. These plants LOVE hot heat. 80's is great for this strain. Just keep up the watering and you'll be ok.

Ok So I was wrong, my lights are: 3x6500K-100W 2x2700k-100W 1x3500K-100W.

Also, Used 100mg to 1gal of b-1. Just vitamin b-1 crushed up.

Man I love your attention to detail. We need more grow journals with this scientific approach to growing. Monitoring as many variables as possible allows you to really know the health of your plants and how to fix things when they go wrong.

Man I love your attention to detail. We need more grow journals with this scientific approach to growing. Monitoring as many variables as possible allows you to really know the health of your plants and how to fix things when they go wrong.

It's a science, no? When pharmaceutical companies make drugs, they just don't throw some chemicals together and say, 'yep, this seems about right'.

When Botanists test plant matter and DNA, they don't say, 'well this seems ok..'.

I don't want to be that person. I want to know exactly why, exactly the reason, and exactly how. This and keep it constant so that its the best for it. Every DNA is different, so reasoning for a 'weed' to grow like this, is like saying Tomatoes grow like Dumb Cane. - This just isn't true. Sure you can grow tomatoes in the same area as the home of the Dumb Cane, but doesn't mean its going to be as luscious, as red, as wholesomely as if the Tomato were in its home environment.

For what its worth. I want to pay attention because its being ingested. This is the number one important thing. Anything that goes in, comes out. And if my sh¡t didn't stink. I think people would be asking some questions. So were going to keep the fiber in my diet and I'm going to keep doing my thing with my flowers. Because I want them to be the best ;)

Hope this makes sense.

Hey altfour. Sorry to see your struggling with your first time, but as anyone will tell you a good journal makes every grow a success. It seems like you are learning a lot and I like the way you use the journal for your own notes. Personally I keep a separate journal but Im sure you are doing this as well seeing how thorough you are :)

I will add my thoughts based on reading your journal:

When it comes to watering: its not the amount of water its the frequency of watering that causes problems. That may have been your earlier problem with the rockwool. I have experienced a similar problem using a similar medium.

If you are still experiencing water issues which i think you are because I saw one of your babies bow out, I would say your pots are some what big for such small seedlings. You may have to water them more often because they cant pull the moisture from the lower areas of the pot. This leads to them not getting enough water because your scared to over water plus the bottom soil is probably getting mucky. This is speculation of course and I am not a pro.

With regards to lighting, It seems like your plants stretched some, and you now know that was because your light was too far, a good rule of thumb is lights are never to close if you can keep the back of your hand at the same height as your canopy comfortably. You can get the light up to 3 or 4 inches away using fans and other cooling methods.

Also, Make sure to test your PH, I dont see any mention of it in your notes, but maybe I missed it.

Good luck! Im pulling for them and will be watching.

Hey altfour. Sorry to see your struggling with your first time, but as anyone will tell you a good journal makes every grow a success. It seems like you are learning a lot and I like the way you use the journal for your own notes. Personally I keep a separate journal but Im sure you are doing this as well seeing how thorough you are :)
- This is exactly true.

I will add my thoughts based on reading your journal:

When it comes to watering: its not the amount of water its the frequency of watering that causes problems. That may have been your earlier problem with the rockwool. I have experienced a similar problem using a similar medium.
- this is true as well. Rockwool is easier to tell how wet and how much to water. The pots are good and well watered, but the rockwool is dry as a dasiy.

If you are still experiencing water issues which i think you are because I saw one of your babies bow out, I would say your pots are some what big for such small seedlings. You may have to water them more often because they cant pull the moisture from the lower areas of the pot. This leads to them not getting enough water because your scared to over water plus the bottom soil is probably getting mucky. This is speculation of course and I am not a pro.
- exactly right.

With regards to lighting, It seems like your plants stretched some, and you now know that was because your light was too far, a good rule of thumb is lights are never to close if you can keep the back of your hand at the same height as your canopy comfortably. You can get the light up to 3 or 4 inches away using fans and other cooling methods.
- Right on the nose with this. And thank you for the rule of thumb. Noted.

Also, Make sure to test your PH, I dont see any mention of it in your notes, but maybe I missed it.
- PH is at 8-9.9. Very high. Although the test was at two weeks. I've leeched the water once, and haven't tested it since, but i put a steady sprinkle every watering of insect frass. 2.2.2. I'm sure its about 7 now. But you were right, some of the roots were nearly getting water. This is because of the rockwool and pot size. And speculation of watering/when/how much. Got a Moisture Meter now, and did notice that it was the roots, after i lost flower#1. With how small the roots were for the time being planted and watered. That was a great plant. I miss her =(.

Thank you all who help, comment, and I read every one. Please I love the comments, so keep them coming! Please.. ;)

If youre using tap water you can just let it sit a day or so and the Cl- leaves as Cl2 and the pH will neutralize. Or if thats not fast enough use those droplets for fish water.

Also I almost used rockwell when I was starting cuz it seemed easy to grow seed in then I found a forum that said its only for hydro.

LEDs will be awesome for flowering, those cfls have way too cool a color temperature for it (5700K), you would need a 2700K or something at least worm below 5000.

If youre using tap water you can just let it sit a day or so and the Cl- leaves as Cl2 and the pH will neutralize. Or if thats not fast enough use those droplets for fish water.

Using tap water, left inside the closet, so its the same temp. Even though I dont believe in warm water, (only because rain is colder), but im sticking to growers saying same temp, or warm water is good so it doesn't shock.

Also, im adding in vitamin b-1 (100mg to 1gal of tap water, also 1 cap full of liquid seaweed. 0-0-1+iron.)

So in conclusion i believe the ph is balanced. (or at least I hope so) as well as it should be anyway.

Also I almost used rockwell when I was starting cuz it seemed easy to grow seed in then I found a forum that said its only for hydro.
- I wish I would have read this. Cannot wait until my roots get stronger ive killed almost 3 flowers =(

LEDs will be awesome for flowering, those cfls have way too cool a color temperature for it (5700K), you would need a 2700K or something at least worm below 5000.
- I have (1w leds x 300W @ (blue/red ~420-450nm blue / ~620-700nm red) and I do have *3x6500 *2x2700 and *1x3500, all at 100W. on all flowers.

- I did lower it today, until i could feel the soft heat above my hand, as flowers were going all Stretch Armstrong on me. (about 4-6in above flowers)

Dang you are set for a great light show! You should def post a pic of your flowering set up when you get to that point.

Those 3500 and 2700 are in the perfect spectrum for flower, as cannabis uses more of the 620nm peak from chlorophyl b and the 680nm peak of ch a at that stage of growth. LEDs are my favorite though! A good LED gives the plant exactly what it needs, no wasted energy (ie heat, useless spectrum).

Dang you are set for a great light show! You should def post a pic of your flowering set up when you get to that point.

Those 3500 and 2700 are in the perfect spectrum for flower, as cannabis uses more of the 620nm peak from chlorophyl b and the 680nm peak of ch a at that stage of growth. LEDs are my favorite though! A good LED gives the plant exactly what it needs, no wasted energy (ie heat, useless spectrum).

-I feel the same exactly. I ended up not having money for the led's I wanted. I got one though. I use it with the CFL's. So this grow is going to have to be all CFL and a single led. But, the watering is getting better (I have high hopes at least) I dont really feel comfortable with stuff I cant see or feel, so the watering is a trick I have not perfected. I will deff post pictures all the way throughout ;) I wanted to do all LED as well as an all 12v Setup. I have everything else that way, just not the lighting. I hope the flowers forgive me for all the UV cancer rays im shining on them. But its minimal to NMH or MH or SMH lighting at least, so I'm at least trying.

Whats a 12V set up?

Im not very good at watering either..

12V = 12 volts. - ~1-1.6Amps

If you look at my earlier posts. I'm using a 12 volt power supply to power my fans, exhaust, ect..

This means its a low-voltage circuit that uses less electricity, less amps and costs less $$ to run. Running at low amperes, and low voltage is quiet, efficient and I believe its easier to do, but that's just my opinion. The only thing I've had to do was make my own carbon filter, but that could have been purchased since I did use 4in fans.

Hope this brings better understanding to a 12V setup.

Back
Top Bottom