Michigan MM - Super Lemon Haze - From Seed

gotcha, I have a bad habit of skimming threads just to see whats I find interesting. I went back and saw it though.

I hope they pull through for ya, cant wait to see the flowering!

Day 48x2/34x1.

We here we are at day 48 with 2 Flowers and day 34 with 1 flower.

Since we've changed the watering solution you can now see a HUGE difference. It's almost ridiculous. We did lose flower #1 (Deceased) and flower #3 as well as flower #4 are being rejuvenated outdoors (Hopefully they return from weakness and stress).

Watering Solution @ Grow Room Temp.

For 1Gal. Jug. Mix:

1 Cap-Full of Liquid Seaweed
2011-07-29_17_28_20.jpg

1 Tablespoon of Alaskan Fish Fertilizer
2011-07-29_17_27_48.jpg

(NOT FISH EMULSION, NOT FISH POWDER (FISH MEAL) ALASKAN FISH FERTILIZER - This is important. Because others are dried, or made using heat, which a lot of the nutrients are neutralized during this process. Fish fertilizer is done at cold temperature so no nutrients, vitamins, minerals and fugi are lost in the process. It is at its raw form, it is pure fish.... well.. if you don't know what it is.. Google it ;) It's too gross to explain.

1 - 100mg Vitamin B-1 Tablet.
2011-07-29_17_26_16.jpg

(NOT GEL, NOT A GELTABLET) a plain, powder pill (ground up) and put into the 1 Gal.

PROCESS:
Now fill up the 1 Gal with Tap Water (Shake) and let it stand in the garden for about an hour. (NOT WELL WATER). City tap. This will neutralize the PH if its too high or bring it up if its too low. Also, the liquid seaweed along with the other nutrients will maintain the proper nutrients and maintain this for the plant life and it will not shock the plants because of the temperature.

END RESULT (Tha Mix):
2011-07-29_17_29_26.jpg

This stuff is gross, smelly, and by all means will make you vomit on a weak stomach. But, its liquid Love to plants ;) Make it, Use it, Love it! - "Tha Mix". =]

So.. its been about 3 days, and as you can see, the plants are growing healthy and at a ridiculous rate. They are getting HUGE. As you can see, this new watering solution is working to its top notch potential.

Here are some pictures:

Flower #1-Day 40 (Deceased)
flower118.jpg

Flower #2-Day 48:
flower-2-day-48.jpg

Amazing Growth.

Flower #3-Day 48:
Moving to outdoor Life:
flower-3-day-48.jpg

Flower #4-Day 48:
Moving to outdoor Life:
flower-4-day-48.jpg

Flower #5-Day 48:
A little stretching going from 16hrs to 18. She was happy, a little too much. But I might spiral her to make up for the stretch I'm still unsure:
flower-5-day-48.jpg

Flower #6-1-Day 35:
Wholy Crap-o-lah. Shes doing beautiful.
flower-6_1-day-34.jpg

So, as you can see, the watering solution is going great and doing great for these girls. They LOVE it. Within 3 days they have tripped in size.

I will continue to take pictures as usual. COMMENT ON THIS STUFF PEOPLE!. Thank you guys for everything.

Ok, So after thinking about it for an hour I've decided im going to bring Flower #5 down so she can grow to her full potential.

Flower #5 - Day 48 (Start of Spiral)
2011-07-29_18_49_58.jpg

Tha Setup - Outside View
2011-07-29_18_49_06.jpg

Tha Setup - Inside View
2011-07-29_18_50_15.jpg

Soooo, Day 50/30 (W7/5).

Today I made a new Light, getting ready for flowering soon. (I want my plants to be about 5ft.)
I need someone to tell/show me how to transplant. I have no effn clue. What do I do with all the dirt. The roots? GUH!

Anyways, today was project day. I built my flowering light im going to use.
It's a 1200W CFL. Filled with x12 100W CFL's - (100W-2700K(x5) 100W-3500K(x5) 100W-6500K(x2))

I took (2)-on sale, ($8.98 lights each) Stainless Steel bathroom ballasts x3 outlets.
Folded one down to an L shape and inserted the other one flush and screwed them together (see pics)
Added some Y's.
Took some Mylar and made a reflector.
POOF! Magic Happened ;o]

2011-08-01_23_53_46.jpg

Here's some pictures I took about 23:00 EST. - Right before the lights were out.

Flower #3 Day 50
flower3-day50.jpg

She's got some HUGE leaveage - thats-ah-niice ;o]

Flower #5 Day 50
Flower5-day50.jpg

Nice leaves, trying to get her down to size with the other flowers.

Flower #6 Day 30
flower6-day30.jpg

Doing Great. I have nothing to say but good things about this girl =]

Flower #6 Day 30 (close view)
flower6-day30-close.jpg

great nodes. The intervals are amazing. great growth.

Flower #6 Day 30 (closer view)
flower6-day30-closer.jpg

I think shes female, right??

OK, COMMENT PEOPLE! I NEED EVERYONE'S INPUT!!! =]

Love you all for your great help. Looking forward to the comments. Followers I love you as well =] Now, I just need a girl friend that's not a flower =O <-- That's a request ;) Haha. Alright, goodnight all.

Oh, and just so we know....

Were using our watering mix of;

Liquid Seaweed
Fish Fertilizer
Vitamin b-1
tap water
All at grow-room temp!

Soil;
We add a sprinkle of insect frass at the beginning of the week to the top of the soil
Then lightly water with mix.

Watering;
We are keeping the watering down to when it rains outside usually. I'm using chop sticks to check the moisture.

Heat/Humidity - DAY;
Heat is in the mid to high 80's. These plants LOVE high heat with low humidity (40's to 50's) during the day.

Heat/Humidity - NIGHT;
Heat is in the mid to high 70's. Humidity is mid to high levels of 50's and low 60's.

**When it rains, it will stay lower day temps with higher humidity. (ie. 10-13 degrees less that normal day temp - higher 80's. (85+)**

Lighting/Hours;
Right now were at x6-100W CFL's. x4-6500k x2-2700k and x1-3500k
about 4-6 inches above the plant (hand-held above top of plant, light was lowered until I could feel heat on the back of my hand)
They get 18hrs of Day / 6hrs of Night.

looks female to me! Great light btw

Did you see that male that was entered in the plant of the month contest? Those things look pretty wild.

looks female to me! Great light btw

Did you see that male that was entered in the plant of the month contest? Those things look pretty wild.

Thanks for the light, The Mylar was the hardest, im horrible at angles lol. Ready to use it here soon as soon as they get 24 inches im going HAM! lol

And no I didn't, but I do want to get elected ;) Hint-Hint! =P

Day 51/31

Today I seen.... Well I dont know what I saw, But I seen it! and man was it gross.

Ok, its been about 2 to 3 hours of reading this is what I've came up with.

Ascoidea. This large taxon is richly represented in the Mixedwood Plains by members of 5 families. Ascidae are mostly predators in edaphic, subcortical, arboreal, nidicolous and subaquatic habitats. Species of this family are often closely associated with insects or mammals, and disperse by phoresy on these hosts as adult females. Fungivorous species of the genus Hoploseius, phoretic on tiny flies of the genus Mycodrosophila , are common on bracket fungi in the southeastern United States; they occur in Canada only in the Mixedwood Plains (Lindquist, 1963). On the other hand, nematophagous members of Arctoseius, (Fig.M-4) phoretic on various nematoceran flies, have boreal distributions, some with southern limits in this Ecozone. Although most species of the ascid genus Proctolaelaps appear to prey on nematodes, members of one species group, represented by two species in
the Mixedwood Plains, are specialized, pollen-feeding associates of bumble bees (Lindquist and Evans, 1965). These mites are phoretic on adult bumble bees, and they develop in the bees' nests, where they feed on pollen. Two species of the ascid genus Mucroseius occur with their sawyer beetle hosts, Monochamus spp., on conifers in the Mixedwood Plains. Female mites are phoretic on adult sawyers, and they may have a tritrophic association with their hosts and the potentially highly destructive pine wood nematode, Bursaphelenchus xylophilus , which the sawyers also carry from infected to healthy conifers (Lindquist and Wu, 1991). Whether these mites prey on the nematodes or the sawyer's immature instars in the galleries of the sawyers has not been determined. Predaceous mites of the relatively well known family Phytoseiidae are the dominant arboreal Mesostigmata in the Mixedwood Plains, and certain species are important regulators of spider mite populations. Several other species occur in litter and edaphic habitats. Two species of the unusual family Otopheidomenidae, parasites in the tympanic cavities of moths, have been reported from the Ecozone. Ameroseiidae are atypical among Mesostigmata in that they feed on fungal spores and pollen grains. Members of several species occur in compost, bracket fungi and nidicolous habitats in the Mixedwood Plains. A single collection of a species Podocinum from a Carolinian woodland habitat in the Lake Erie Lowlands represents the most northern record of the predaceous family Podocinidae in eastern North America (Lindquist and Wu 1987).

Fig.M-4
m-4.jpg

My soil is a mix, natural mix, which its going to get natural bugs. I've been reading for about 2 hours on all this, along with fungus gnats (which I think are in the same category) these feed on predatory nematodes. So the nematodes wont work. Ladybugs I've read will eat the larvae and bugs. But anyways, Hers a mixture of what I read. Tell me what you think I should use - (MUST BE ORGANIC/NATURAL) - This means, OMRI certified. ALSO, natural; means - It will not contain a "Hazard Label" I do not want anything in my soil that is hazardous to touch, smell or anything. I should be able to eat whatever it is, not get sick, die, or have any reaction;

WHAT ARE THE BEST ORGANIC/NATURAL PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET, TO GET RID OF FUNGUS GNAT LARVAE (IN THE SOIL EATING THE ROOTS).

Cinnamon Oil; supposedly kills fungus, that larvae need to eat. They will eventually die off. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it? - NOT CINNAMON STICKS/RAW/POWDER

Gnatrol; contains (BT) bacillus thuringiensis which contains microbacteria that kill gnat larvae. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Thuricide; contains (BT) by southern ag, gnats seem to love it. stay clear of this stuff it doen't work for gnat larvae.

Neem Oil; Supposed to effect the way many bugs reproduce and eventually kills them off. 1gallon bottle of Dyna gro neem oil costs 75.00, anybody know if this stuff is even that great? Says to foliar feed, so I assume its only for leaves and doesn't kill larvae. does it kill all signs of the gnats and larvae? True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Diatomaceous Earth; made of fossilized shells ground into a fine powder, it is all natural/organic and scratches all crawling bugs skin and makes them lose their body fluids so that they eventually die from dehydration. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Hot shot no pest strip; Releases an odorless vapor that is supposed to eliminate all bugs within a certain area. Seems to work good for spider mites but when soil is moved, pools of little gnats crawl out and start jumping around so it doesn't get undersoil larvae. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Sand; Seemed to work great, but at a much closer look you can see little gnats crawling around. Sand hasn't worked totally. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Sticky Fly Traps/Yellow Fly Traps; These will catch flying insects but will not kill/remove larvae or eggs. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Dish soap; 3 Tsp of palmolive dish soap in 1 gallon of water. Does not work one bit and the larvae are thriving. they love palmolive dish soap. - I've also heard not to use soap at all on plants or soil. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Potato Slices; I haven't tried this yet, but I've heard good, and not so good results from this. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Pyrethrum; Fox farms don't bug me, which has pyrethrum. Spayed it on my gnat infestation on my last grow and although it killed flying gnats, it seemed like every day there were new flying gnats to take their place. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Beneficial Nematodes; Simple cheap method to get rid of gnats, a bug that hunts and kills gnat larvae, can these little guys get into the soil and take care of these underground pests as well as up top? Well I haven't used them personally, I have done reading and they do not prey on fungus gnats. So, this would be worthless if this is true. True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Ed Rosenthals Zero Tolerance; Contains cinnamon oil and other fungus and bug killing organic ingredients. I've also heard that it helps a lil bit, but doesn't kill all the gnats thoroughly and burns leaves a little bit, anybody use it with 100% gnat larvae death, without any plant harm? True/False? Have you used it? How effective was it?

Ok, so here are some of the methods people have used and my experience with them so far, and info on more products that I would like to know more about. How did these products work for you? can you suggest something that worked 100% for you with infestation of fungus gnat larvae, and a product that you can water your soil and foliage with thats not harmful to you or your garden That fully kills the gnats larvae?

all help is much appreciated, and i'm sure this thread will be usefull to all growers, seasoned, ,moderate and new growers alike, if people contribute, thank you all.

PLEASE, 420'ers, SUGGEST AND POST!!

Day 51/31 - Pictures;

Had to make more of Tha Mix;
2011-08-02_20_11_50.jpg

It's effn Gross and smells horrible, GAG!

Flower #5 Day 51-
2011-08-02_20_14_28.jpg

Seen one of the bugs posted above on this, then checked the soil, that's when we started searching for cures...

Flower #6 Day 31-
2011-08-02_20_14_47.jpg

The amount of bugs in the soil.... effn gross.. I feel like there are bugs all over me and in my house now.. grosss grosssssss!

Flower #3 Day 51-
2011-08-02_20_15_04.jpg

New Light at 4in-
2011-08-02_20_16_25.jpg

New Light Ratio-
2011-08-02_20_16_00.jpg

Plant Growth Ratio-
2011-08-02_20_15_23.jpg

Right Side Grow Closet-
2011-08-02_20_17_04.jpg

Left Side Grow Closet-
2011-08-02_20_17_12.jpg

Help me with my pest problem =*(*

I haven't checked your journal in a while, but you got your plants looking better:thumb: Sorry to hear that one died on you, but you learn from your mistakes. For the pest problem, if you honestly think that you have spider mites I would try neem oil. Neem oil is very effective against spider mites, aphids, and fungus gnats. To apply it to your plants just mix up some of the neem oil with water pH below 7, and spray on foliage. Repeat this every 3-5 days.

I haven't checked your journal in a while, but you got your plants looking better:thumb: Sorry to hear that one died on you, but you learn from your mistakes. For the pest problem, if you honestly think that you have spider mites I would try neem oil. Neem oil is very effective against spider mites, aphids, and fungus gnats. To apply it to your plants just mix up some of the neem oil with water pH below 7, and spray on foliage. Repeat this every 3-5 days.

Thank you for taking the time to check it out. I didnt end up using neem oil. The one I found at the hydro store was amazing, no "HARMFUL ... ect.." and I know it comes from trees, but I know some neem oils say harmful so im skeptical. So I just got beneficial nematodes.

Also, if any other mites come such as spider, will be getting live ladybugs.

For those who are watching;

You can view, Monthly, Daily, Hourly, and LIVE! 24/7 on my Grow Cam!

So today (Day 53/33);

Keeping the temperature down along with the Humidity.
Doing this because as you can see (I left the Packaging in the grow so you all could see) I added Beneficial Nematodes.

Beneficial Nematodes, when added to soil; need to be added when temperatures are low and low humidity. So they get a little AC today ;) Yay for them!

If, you have all been reading, you would know that Ive had an infestation of Fungus Gnats. After all the research I've done, (along with no responses from the previous post) I went on my own and decided to go with Nematodes, as they eat over 230 pretitory bacteria that can kill plants (and have killed 3 of mine =[ )

So, check it out. look at what I used, and don't forget to leave comments please.

The times of light are at 05:00 EST and end at 22:00 EST. (18/6) Sorry no evening viewing as im still unsure of low-voltage IR as I know the plant doesn't care, but i'll keep reading on it, to see if im going to do night vision or not. I'll keep everyone posted, as well as they will then be able to see.. so you'll see for yourself regardless if you read this or not lol.

LEAVE ME COMMENTS DAMMIT. WE ALL HELP EACH OTHER!

man!! I am so sorry that I have not gotten in here sooner!!!
whats good wit ya Alt!!!

with the gnats, try putting a bowl of vinegar topped with a plastic wrap, then poke some holes into the top, so that they can get in, and once they are in, they will be trapped. also try using the flypaper!!! hang them around the ladies!!! and also, im sure there are eggs in the soil now too, so what you want to do is to take the top inch to inch and a half off and throw it away, gnats dont really go any deeper to lay their eggs. then put in new fresh soil to compensate for the soil you just threw away!!! I hope this helps you!!! i know a answer is better than no answer!!! but no worries!!! astonr is here and I brought my chair!!!

:popcorn: :peacetwo:

man!! I am so sorry that I have not gotten in here sooner!!!
whats good wit ya Alt!!!

with the gnats, try putting a bowl of vinegar topped with a plastic wrap, then poke some holes into the top, so that they can get in, and once they are in, they will be trapped. also try using the flypaper!!! hang them around the ladies!!! and also, im sure there are eggs in the soil now too, so what you want to do is to take the top inch to inch and a half off and throw it away, gnats dont really go any deeper to lay their eggs. then put in new fresh soil to compensate for the soil you just threw away!!! I hope this helps you!!! i know a answer is better than no answer!!! but no worries!!! astonr is here and I brought my chair!!!

:popcorn: :peacetwo:

I haven't tired the vinegar yet. Hopefully it doesn't get that bad. I had some flying around the house, then I x100 looked at the soil and BAM! That tihs was nasty. Yes, lots of eggs, bugs, larvae.. BUT, Nematodes were inserted. Also, watered today, and haven't seen one bug yet. So, thats good. Just keeping it cool for the nematodes to get there groove on. Hopefully all is well.

I got yellow paper and fly paper hanging. So hopefully that works out. Also, If the larvae doesn't go away, the soil will be getting replaced. ;)

Thank you for your comment and consideration. I just checked your first indoor grow. that was sweet. Look forward to what you got goin on outside next ;)

Hay man. You nominate your own plant in the monthly contest.

I am a little overwhelmed with information in this thread, but them plants are comin along dandy. I think your light is sweet and I hope it works as well as my 1k HPS. We should race a strain sometime.

Also I want to compliment you on your webcam, pictures, and the general system you have on reporting. I assume you track the metrics of your grow as well as you report.

Fantastic Science Sir. Keep up ur hard work.

Hay man. You nominate your own plant in the monthly contest.

I am a little overwhelmed with information in this thread, but them plants are comin along dandy. I think your light is sweet and I hope it works as well as my 1k HPS. We should race a strain sometime.

Also I want to compliment you on your webcam, pictures, and the general system you have on reporting. I assume you track the metrics of your grow as well as you report.

Fantastic Science Sir. Keep up ur hard work.

-Les D,

Thank you for your fine complements sir, and I take that challenge. Although I feel mine would always grow slower, so I give them that vibe to take there time =P

I never knew you had to nominate yourself, thank you for that information.

Keep me updated with what you think, and I'll continue to work-in everyone's feedback.

:Mariska Hargitay:
Namaste-Smiley.gif

DAY - 54/34

Leaves are drooping a little because of the fact I dried out my soil a little for the fungus gnat problem.

Watering will start a little bit more. Expecially since the soil can stay a little more moist for the nematodes.

Looked at the soil today. Little to none larvae (eggs) left in the soil. Although I did put 70 million in a total of 6 gals. So I'm sure there are a lot in their. lol.

Leaves are getting closer to the light today (~1in.) growth since yesterday.

Today, I started thinking to myself about height, as I just realized that when you crop out- you kill your flowering plant. (didn't know this) wow. -Devastating.
I thought you picked them like roses and then the flowers just grow back -idk? - dont judge me! =P

So, now, I know with the knowledge I researched, to have mother plants for clones.
So two of these bad girls will be mothers. (Requests on which ones will be taken, starting now =P)

Height as well as how many will be a factor.

(grow room specs)
Height=4ft. (growing space. Light and pot have been factored out)
depth=2ft
width=6ft
(~8 5gal pots) can fit into this space. and they can grow to only 4ft in height.

*Smack - Just killed a gnat =P

Anyways, check out the plants today, you can break it down by hour, day, month and live stream. I'm going to go give them some water.

Requests and comments always welcome. Until another day....

:Mariska Hargitay:
Namaste-Smiley.gif

Back
Top Bottom