Michigan MM - Super Lemon Haze - From Seed

I wouldnt say ph. But I would say maybe fert burn. I dont use any additional nutes. The burn has to be distinguished by the looks, then broken down backwards to what it is.. Watering would be a great assumption overall, but i think that there may be other factors as well, considering they all got the same application, and just that flower went haywire.

Watering Solution "tha mixx"
90.0% (~>1gal) City Balanced ~6.8-7.1pH avr. (At room temp)
5% (1 lid full) Liquid Seaweed 0.0.1 + iron -at room temp
1% (200mg) Vitamin B-1
5% (1Tb) Alaskan Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1

Total=1Gal. (Shake)

This is all they get... never changes.

No other plants are effected? Weird.
*shrugs*

However she is recovering well. If you look at the video, new leave growth is now prudent and strong. If anyone watches hourly. they can see the leaves growing upward, its really cool actually. But, nonetheless,

Ive been watering Straight, Clean Water.
Just misting the top, to cleanse the soil, keeping it moist, and letting the clean water slowly sink down, flushing the weekly 'tha mixx' treatment slowly but not to remove nutrients too much that it will need. It seems to be working.

Also, because of the watering a little more to flush the heat has/needs to be about 8-10 degrees higher than normal temps.

I believe I have, Mg and Sulfur Deficiencies.
As you can see in the picture below, this is a new leave, small and fresh, This got taken by the whole leaf, not just starting at the tip (as a Mg deficiencies would start)

But also, I do have older larger leaves getting hit from the out-most tips and sucking in trhough the viens and then taking over the leaf, (as Mg deficiencies would)

So I believe its both, anyways let me know what you think, check it out.

leaf28.jpg

Here is an example of a sulfur deficiency;
sulfur2.jpg

Some Informal Reading (Knowledge From .gov)

Plant Nutrients

Sixteen chemical elements are known to be important to a plant's growth and survival. The sixteen chemical elements are divided into two main groups: non-mineral and mineral.

Non-Mineral Nutrients
The Non-Mineral Nutrients are hydrogen (H), oxygen (O), & carbon (C).

These nutrients are found in the air and water.

In a process called photosynthesis, plants use energy from the sun to change carbon dioxide (CO2 - carbon and oxygen) and water (H2O- hydrogen and oxygen) into starches and sugars. These starches and sugars are the plant's food.

Photosynthesis means "making things with light".

Since plants get carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen from the air and water, there is little farmers and gardeners can do to control how much of these nutrients a plant can use.

Mineral Nutrients
The 13 mineral nutrients, which come from the soil, are dissolved in water and absorbed through a plant's roots. There are not always enough of these nutrients in the soil for a plant to grow healthy. This is why many farmers and gardeners use fertilizers to add the nutrients to the soil.

The mineral nutrients are divided into two groups:
macronutrients and micronutrients.

Macronutrients

Macronutrients can be broken into two more groups:
primary and secondary nutrients.

The primary nutrients are nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K). These major nutrients usually are lacking from the soil first because plants use large amounts for their growth and survival.

The secondary nutrients are calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), and sulfur (S). There are usually enough of these nutrients in the soil so fertilization is not always needed. Also, large amounts of Calcium and Magnesium are added when lime is applied to acidic soils. Sulfur is usually found in sufficient amounts from the slow decomposition of soil organic matter, an important reason for not throwing out grass clippings and leaves.

Micronutrients
Micronutrients are those elements essential for plant growth which are needed in only very small (micro) quantities . These elements are sometimes called minor elements or trace elements, but use of the term micronutrient is encouraged by the American Society of Agronomy and the Soil Science Society of America. The micronutrients are boron (B), copper (Cu), iron (Fe), chloride (Cl), manganese (Mn), molybdenum (Mo) and zinc (Zn). Recycling organic matter such as grass clippings and tree leaves is an excellent way of providing micronutrients (as well as macronutrients) to growing plants.

Soil
In general, most plants grow by absorbing nutrients from the soil. Their ability to do this depends on the nature of the soil. Depending on its location, a soil contains some combination of sand, silt, clay, and organic matter. The makeup of a soil (soil texture) and its acidity (pH) determine the extent to which nutrients are available to plants.
Soil Texture (the amount of sand, silt, clay, and organic matter in the soil)

Soil texture affects how well nutrients and water are retained in the soil. Clays and organic soils hold nutrients and water much better than sandy soils. As water drains from sandy soils, it often carries nutrients along with it. This condition is called leaching. When nutrients leach into the soil, they are not available for plants to use.
An ideal soil contains equivalent portions of sand, silt, clay, and organic matter. Soils across North Carolina vary in their texture and nutrient content, which makes some soils more productive than others. Sometimes, the nutrients that plants need occur naturally in the soil. Othertimes, they must be added to the soil as lime or fertilizer.

Soil pH (a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of the soil)

Soil pH is one of the most important soil properties that affects the availability of nutrients.

Macronutrients tend to be less available in soils with low pH.
Micronutrients tend to be less available in soils with high pH.

Lime can be added to the soil to make it less sour (acid) and also supplies calcium and magnesium for plants to use. Lime also raises the pH to the desired range of 6.0 to 6.5.
In this pH range, nutrients are more readily available to plants, and microbial populations in the soil increase. Microbes convert nitrogen and sulfur to forms that plants can use. Lime also enhances the physical properties of the soil that promote water and air movement.

It is a good idea to have your soil tested. If you do, you will get a report that explains how much lime and fertilizer your crop needs.

Macronutrients

Nitrogen (N)
Nitrogen is a part of all living cells and is a necessary part of all proteins, enzymes and metabolic processes involved in the synthesis and transfer of energy.
Nitrogen is a part of chlorophyll, the green pigment of the plant that is responsible for photosynthesis.
Helps plants with rapid growth, increasing seed and fruit production and improving the quality of leaf and forage crops.
Nitrogen often comes from fertilizer application and from the air (legumes get their N from the atmosphere, water or rainfall contributes very little nitrogen)

Phosphorus (P)
Like nitrogen, phosphorus (P) is an essential part of the process of photosynthesis.
Involved in the formation of all oils, sugars, starches, etc.
Helps with the transformation of solar energy into chemical energy; proper plant maturation; withstanding stress.
Effects rapid growth.
Encourages blooming and root growth.
Phosphorus often comes from fertilizer, bone meal, and superphosphate.

Potassium (K)
Potassium is absorbed by plants in larger amounts than any other mineral element except nitrogen and, in some cases, calcium.
Helps in the building of protein, photosynthesis, fruit quality and reduction of diseases.
Potassium is supplied to plants by soil minerals, organic materials, and fertilizer.

Calcium (Ca)
Calcium, an essential part of plant cell wall structure, provides for normal transport and retention of other elements as well as strength in the plant. It is also thought to counteract the effect of alkali salts and organic acids within a plant.
Sources of calcium are dolomitic lime, gypsum, and superphosphate.

Magnesium (Mg)
Magnesium is part of the chlorophyll in all green plants and essential for photosynthesis. It also helps activate many plant enzymes needed for growth.
Soil minerals, organic material, fertilizers, and dolomitic limestone are sources of magnesium for plants.

Sulfur (S)
Essential plant food for production of protein.
Promotes activity and development of enzymes and vitamins.
Helps in chlorophyll formation.
Improves root growth and seed production.
Helps with vigorous plant growth and resistance to cold.
Sulfur may be supplied to the soil from rainwater. It is also added in some fertilizers as an impurity, especially the lower grade fertilizers. The use of gypsum also increases soil sulfur levels.

Micronutrients

Boron (B)
Helps in the use of nutrients and regulates other nutrients.
Aids production of sugar and carbohydrates.
Essential for seed and fruit development.
Sources of boron are organic matter and borax

Copper (Cu)
Important for reproductive growth.
Aids in root metabolism and helps in the utilization of proteins.

Chloride (Cl)
Aids plant metabolism.
Chloride is found in the soil.

Iron (Fe)
Essential for formation of chlorophyll.
Sources of iron are the soil, iron sulfate, iron chelate.

Manganese (Mn)
Functions with enzyme systems involved in breakdown of carbohydrates, and nitrogen metabolism.
Soil is a source of manganese.

Molybdenum (Mo)
Helps in the use of nitrogen
Soil is a source of molybdenum.

Zinc (Zn)
Essential for the transformation of carbohydrates.
Regulates consumption of sugars.
Part of the enzyme systems which regulate plant growth.
Sources of zinc are soil, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, zinc chelate.

I doubt that over watering once would make the plant look that bad, unless the soil doesn't drain at all. I bet your on the right track with the nute search.

Well I know I have some deficiencies as to my rock dust never came in. So im missing HUGE nutrients such as:
5% sulfur
5% calcium
.5% Magnessium
.4% iron
.02% Boron
.005% Cobalt
.005% Molybdenum

This was everything that was in my rock dust I was supposed to have in my soil...
Face....Palm...

Well my power has been off for about 4 days. We are in lower michigan so we got effected the most.

But nonetheless here are some updates.

Just been working on the Mother and Germination/Clone Side of the closet.
Lighting, electrical is getting ran, hopefully done tonight.

Here are some pics of day 86/71/17;

Still watering with the same "tha mixx" solution. along with reg. tap watering as well with added vitamin b-1 (approx 200mg)

Moved the Sativa Away from the fan as it was too cold.

Lightly watered with Tha Mix. Humidity is low, but there is some pink/purple at the tops of the flowers, so trying to water a little more now.

So last night my light fell on my flower. I lost about 4 flowers, going to try and clone them today. Hopefully they make it.

Bummer Man. I have had a few lights fall on a few plants. It sucks, esp if they're in flower.

But as each of us has our life of ups and downs, so does each of them plants.

Usually we find a silver lining after the initial hurt stops :)

Day - 100/30/28

66f33d3184e2daacb5ba.jpg

We have a super lemon haze in flower on 12/12, and a ak48 on 12/12 as well

Had a little trouble getting the watering just right. Its a bit more about 1gal to 2 flowers.

Hopefully I can get it a bit better.

so day 5 into flowering. Plants have grown about 3-4inches. Raised the light up again. Watering is ridiculous. About 1gal every other day. Temps are high since I started the mothers up top. In the high 80's low 90's. True to their natural habitat. But going from low 70's to now high 80's I thought they would go into shock. But, luckily, they didn't.

So just a steady pace now. With watering, and thats about it. Using "Tha Mixx" solution. with about 300mg of B-1. Laves are ginormous. Hopefully I will start to see flowering soon. The female pistols have hairs, but no crystals on the leaves and nothing flowering yet. We'll see...

As far as the one plant that the light fell on. You will notice it, in the picture above, to the left. It's not as bushy but it didn't harm the plant at all, just lost 4 calyx's. So, there goes about 6 grams. Boo... Hopefully we'll make it back with how tall they get.

Flowering AK48 - Day 101
flower_ak48-2.JPG

Flowering AK48 - Day 101 [closer view]
flower_ak48-close.JPG

As you can see the prime temperature is set. This plant can withstand the high 80's like a pure sativa. But do not let it reach the 90's as more watering and care is needed.

Floweing SLH - Day 101 [closer view]
flower_slh-close.JPG

Flowering SLH - Day 101 [close view]
flower_slh-close2.JPG

Flowering SLH - Day 101
flower_slh.JPG

As you can see in the pictures above, the high 80's brings out the deep dark resinous leaves in this pure sativa. Watering is high about 1/4 gal per every other day. (Depending on humidity.)

Mother AK48 - Day 85
mother_ak48.JPG

As you can see the extreme heat has effected this plant. With much watering and extra care needed due to high heat. (low 90's)

Mother SLH - Day 32
mother_slh.JPG

In the image above you notice the high heat has no effect on this pure sativa strain. The dark full leaves and growth for such a short time shows that this plant is healthy and doing well.

Ok, now we've added Organic, Unsulphured Molasses to the watering solution today. We will add a total of 1Tb to 1gal.

Molasses will help fertilize the soil and breakdown of microbes to help give the plat minerals it needs. Also molasses contains potassium, calcium and iron naturally. It also stimulates soil to release N. We are using Wholesome Sweeteners - Organic Molasses. $5.49 from Meijer for 16oz.

This will give the plant a natural sugar and tighten buds as well. (Bud hardener alternative)

We'll see the results soon. ;)

Back
Top Bottom