Misty Green's Indoor Coco Lemon Potion & LSD Autoflower Grow Journal, 2019

Your seedlings look perfectly normal. Just add more medium into the container. You want them covered close to the leaves, but not covering the leaves.

Air needs to get sucked from inside the tent, into the carbon filter and exit out the window. Open that back air vent at bottom of tent. Close up the tents other doors and ports. The tent will suck in a little. Should help with temps.

UNLESS the ambient temperature in that room is already really hot. IF this is the case? Open the room door and allow air to enter into that room via a fan or AC unit cooling the ambient air.

I mean the fan and filter need to be setup so that the fan is pulling air through the filter which is inside the tent also (before the extraction fan) pumping it out. Not blowing out of the tent and through the filter. It needs to be pulling air into the filter. Hope that makes sense.
Like this, @VetSmoke85?

I mean the fan and filter need to be setup so that the fan is pulling air through the filter which is inside the tent also (before the extraction fan) pumping it out. Not blowing out of the tent and through the filter. It needs to be pulling air into the filter. Hope that makes sense.
i'm looking at the picture, ok, that makes sense...but what happens if i need to raise the light later during the grow? the filter will be in the way :3

Your seedlings look perfectly normal. Just add more medium into the container. You want them covered close to the leaves, but not covering the leaves.

Air needs to get sucked from inside the tent, into the carbon filter and exit out the window. Open that back air vent at bottom of tent. Close up the tents other doors and ports. The tent will suck in a little. Should help with temps.

UNLESS the ambient temperature in that room is already really hot. IF this is the case? Open the room door and allow air to enter into that room via a fan or AC unit cooling the ambient air.
yes, i'm just now finding out about "negative pressure".

i think the open vents are slowing down the hot air from being sucked out through the fan, that might be the prob i guess.

i'm gonna close all the vents and see if that cools the tent even further. the temp has been lower in there today, so i think the humidifier and the new fan arrangement (ducting it out the open window) is helping the ambient room temp too.

i'm looking at the picture, ok, that makes sense...but what happens if i need to raise the light later during the grow? the filter will be in the way :3
If you can't get it in a position where it's not in the way then that's as high as you can take the light up. Are there any other exhaust ports at the top of the tent? May take some rearranging.

Awesome Misty, But the heat problem, ugg, hope you get it worked out. Ever find out if your light is adjustable watts wise?

If not, it has to be as high as possible. I suggest getting a LUX meter from the Zon, to check intensity to help you better understand your light, and whats to much and whats not enough.

Awesome Misty, But the heat problem, ugg, hope you get it worked out. Ever find out if your light is adjustable watts wise?

If not, it has to be as high as possible. I suggest getting a LUX meter from the Zon, to check intensity to help you better understand your light, and whats to much and whats not enough.
hi Mayne good to seeya ;)

actually, as of 8:15 tonight, after doing some things the guys suggested, my temp is 77, humidity is about 56.

i think we got it, guys :thumb::goof: thanks for the assist, i'll check in with some pics soon once the girls have grown a bit :)

<3 misty

actually, as of 8:15 tonight, after doing some things the guys suggested, my temp is 77, humidity is about 56.

i think we got it, guys :thumb::goof: thanks for the assist, i'll check in with some pics soon once the girls have grown a bit :)

<3 misty

Glad you wee able to get control of the situation, @missty80 . Good work!

like...REALLY

<3 misty
Excellent, glad to see your getting it together Misty ,have fun ...;)

well, it seems once the humidifier is empty, the heat goes right back up to 80-82...and that's at nighttime :3

guess i got no choice but to run the humidifier 24/7...hoping the humidity will be better once they start vegging...

anyhow, i'm gonna switch it to a 20/4 light cycle starting tomorrow, with the lights off between midnight and 4 am...guess i should get the little plants used to that light cycle...maybe it'll help the temp a little bit...

i'm also thinking about moving the light down to about 18" above the plants, bc the LSD seed is still not showing signs of strong growth, and the other one doesn't seem to be growing very strongly either. i think they need more light...idk they just don't seem too strong or healthy right now...

i had one other question too, can i mix up a gallon of mega crop in a plastic jug and leave it for watering, or does it eventually settle? will letting it sit mess up the ph or anything? because this mega crop stuff STINKS, and i'd rather only deal with handling it like once a week or so if possible o_O

i was also wondering this too, i was reading a grow journal about nutrients, i think it was from @Barney86, he said to only feed the plants 1/4 strength mega crop. now, is that 1/4 strength from the website's recommendation? or is the mega crop's website accurate about how much PPM i should be feeding the plants? i'm kinda confused right now.

<3 misty

Have your dark period during the hottest part of the day if you can. That'll help. Not sure on megacrop but with autoflowers it is generally recommended to start any nutrients on 1/4 of the manufacturers recommended dose.

They'll do fine on an 18/6 cycle too which will also help with your temp issues.
i considered doing dark from noon - 4, but i need to keep the window open or it literally gets to be 90 degrees in the grow tent and 100 in the room (from the hot air venting out of the tent). the window also faces west, so the afternoon sun floods the room. sadly, the AC in that room is kinda weak.

and i'm concerned about little light leaks. that room gets pretty sunny, and i don't wanna run the risk of messing up the dark cycle. plus i'm running a 6" fan pointing into the tent, and light will get in from there during the daytime, so i was gonna run the dark cycle when it's dark outside :3

i considered 18/6 too, but i was reading elsewhere that there's a big consensus about 20/4....i thought 18/6 was only for vegging plants, and that giving them 20/4 during budding will make the buds denser (and create more of them).

i can't remember where i read that, though...it might have been reddit....

<3 misty

Glad you got the temps in your control.

Yes you can pre mix megacrop nutrients in a 1gal jug. It will settle eventually. Just give it a shake before use. Ive always followed the 1 gram per gallon as per the website. But this grow I have autos and I simply did 1 teaspoon per 1 gal and so far its good.

1 teaspoon of Megacrop
1 teaspoon of calmag
Pre mixed in 1gal jug.

This works for me.

If you have autos you dont need to worrie about light leaks imo.

24/0 , 18/6 , 12/12 will all work for both autos and photoperiod plants. Main difference is photoperiod plants require 100% zero light leaks. Autos dont.

Ive got my auto on 12/12 just due to temps here alone. It will be fine :)

Glad you got the temps in your control.

Yes you can pre mix megacrop nutrients in a 1gal jug. It will settle eventually. Just give it a shake before use. Ive always followed the 1 gram per gallon as per the website. But this grow I have autos and I simply did 1 teaspoon per 1 gal and so far its good.

1 teaspoon of Megacrop
1 teaspoon of calmag
Pre mixed in 1gal jug.

This works for me.
let me see if i got this right...i've been stressing a little about the feeding and watering schedules :3

1) mix 1 gram of mega crop per gallon jug of water (man that seems like SO little nutrients for a whole gallon of water, but i trust your expertise...damn this bag is gonna last me a LONG time...) plus one teaspoon of calmag in the same jug.

2) keep the ph (after adding mega crop) between 5.5 - 6.0 using my "PH Up/Down" bottles

3) shake before watering

4) use this each time (no plain water, just fertilized water until it's time to flush the soil)

5) water whenever the top inch of the soil is dry (probably every other day)

6) let about 20% of the water run out the bottom--do i reuse this water, or flush it, or what do you suggest? how will i know how much water to give each plant? i don't want to over or under water them, of course o_O

does that sound about right?

<3 misty

let me see if i got this right...i've been stressing a little about the feeding and watering schedules :3

1) mix 1 gram of mega crop per gallon of water (man that seems like SO little nutrients for a whole gallon of water, but i trust your expertise...damn this bag is gonna last me a LONG time...)

2) keep the ph (after adding mega crop) between 5.5 - 6.0 using my "PH Up/Down" bottles

3) shake before watering

4) use this each time (no plain water, just fertilized water until it's time to flush the soil)

5) water whenever the top inch of the soil is dry (probably every other day)

6) let about 20% of the water run out the bottom--do i reuse this water, or flush it, or what do you suggest?

does that sound about right?

<3 misty

Exactly, you got it :)

Yes megacrop will last a very long time hahaha. I thought the same thing before. So little goes in its crazy.

As the plant gets bigger you add more megacrop 1 gram or 1 teaspoon at a time. Around 3 weeks I use 2 to 3 teaspoons depending on the plant.

Keep an eye on the color of the leaves, this will help let you know when to bump up the nutrients.

Yeah autos really don't need a lot. Although I've just remembered you're growing in coco so may need a little more than a soil grow. Yes mix well and ph after adding the nutrients to the water. I've found it best to feed by judging the weight of the pot. Feel how heavy it is after a feed and then wait until it's nice and light before feeding again.

Back
Top Bottom