MKono's First Indoor Grow

Day 27
(wow does time fly)

So today I did a think with the help of you guys yet again so thank you. I transplanted, fed and topped down to the 3rd node. I removed the tri leaves at node 2, also realized I left the singles so il take those off two. I wont lie, im nervous as hell. I gave the plants a good old "blt"....slowly of course and started seeing run off. Man those pots take forever to water. Almost went through 5gals of water to finish those 3. Anyways, heres to hoping they wont be pissed at me too long and start exploding.

Dude the root ball looks awesome! Nice job on your transplant. I wouldn't worry too much about the fan leaves being a little darker. Looking good bro!

Dude the root ball looks awesome! Nice job on your transplant. I wouldn't worry too much about the fan leaves being a little darker. Looking good bro!
Just keep on, keepin on! :thumb: :yahoo:
Okay I wont stress about it. Im happy in the 50s. However, I do wonder how much more effective it would be with the humidifier outside of the tent filling the room first then being sucked in. Just seems the intake fan just takes it out waaaay to quick. Just for the hell of it I turned off the exhaust fan and the RH shot right up but the temp creeped up as expected. Turned it off and the RH went down quickly and temp no so much so regulating the fan is not really an option.

One good thing about a DIY grow tent is it it's not 100% sealed LOL I have never had to have a humidifier or dehumidifier in my tent i have an oscillating fan going and it pretty much regulates it self. The only time I exchanged air it's when I have it open during my daily journaling, so I figure it's open for about an hour a day. The only time humidity goes up this when I water of course. I think @TurboBucket can give some pointers on that fans and humidifiers.

The humidifier outside the tent is arguably, not the best idea. It’s do able but then it will not only humidify that room, but everything around it, putting frost on your windows. I mean it’s worth a shot but, the only option I can think of is, if you don’t have a controller with your fan, buy one and turn the fan down. If your already on the lowest option, then build a box or something around the carbon air filter to minimize the air flow getting to the extraction point.

The humidifier outside the tent is arguably, not the best idea. It’s do able but then it will not only humidify that room, but everything around it, putting frost on your windows. I mean it’s worth a shot but, the only option I can think of is, if you don’t have a controller with your fan, buy one and turn the fan down. If your already on the lowest option, then build a box or something around the carbon air filter to minimize the air flow getting to the extraction point.
Yes the fan already does have a controller and its on its lowest setting. I moved the humidifier and oscillating fan around. I put a small 6" fan over top the humidifier to try to spread the air around better. The carbon filter is not being used at the moment so one end of the light dome is open. I guess I could maybe tape half of it to restrict the air flow a bit.

Okay I wont stress about it. Im happy in the 50s. However, I do wonder how much more effective it would be with the humidifier outside of the tent filling the room first then being sucked in. Just seems the intake fan just takes it out waaaay to quick. Just for the hell of it I turned off the exhaust fan and the RH shot right up but the temp creeped up as expected. Turned it off and the RH went down quickly and temp no so much so regulating the fan is not really an option.

Yes keeping the room outside the tent in your Target range will make it much easier to maintain

If your windows have frost on the inside you need new windows. The indoor humidity is not the problem. Your inside pane should be above the dewpoint if your double pane window is in good shape. If you still have single panes well you obviously need an upgrade lol

Yes keeping the room outside the tent in your Target range will make it much easier to maintain
IL give it a shot and see how that fairs. I have a sensor in that room and it showing 81% with the humidifier in the tent. Not sure how accurate that is. This is a very small room with no windows we used for storage. It just has some blanket insulation on the walls and one wall is framing and drywall.

IL give it a shot and see how that fairs. I have a sensor in that room and it showing 81% with the humidifier in the tent. Not sure how accurate that is. This is a very small room with no windows we used for storage. It just has some blanket insulation on the walls and one wall is framing and drywall.

Eww no. If it's 81% in there already that's no good. I'd verify that measurement first. You could be making a world of mess.

You may just need a bigger humidifier but if your in the 50's I wouldn't sweat it. As the plants get bigger they'll increase the humidity a bit on their own.

We had a quote for window upgrades all around the house, I’d like to do the work my self and didn’t have the time in the late summer, as we went straight into winter and skipped fall. So it will probably be a next year project.

Yea we need new ones too, in a bad way. And doors haha. Exact same boat don't really want to pay to have it done but never seem to get around to doing it. Have to do something before next winter though one way or the other.

Eww no. If it's 81% in there already that's no good. I'd verify that measurement first. You could be making a world of mess.

You may just need a bigger humidifier but if your in the 50's I wouldn't sweat it. As the plants get bigger they'll increase the humidity a bit on their own.
Well that same sensor shows 71 in the tent while the accurite hygrometer shows 55% so I'm not sure what to believe.

Little update time

Onto week 5 now and they are growing pretty decent since transplanting. Few concerns iv had is iv spotted a couple holes here and there and hoping its not bugs. I cant spot anything but keeping a close eye and always looking under the leaves. I have also been watching the slight curling of the leaves and raised the light to 26" just in case and will assess after a few days. Soil is still pretty damn. I think its going to be quite a while till they need watering again. Just counting the days to when I can start LST and removing a few leaves.

I could be mistaken but it does not look like bug bites. It looks like possible rough handling whatever nicks the leaves the area closest to the cut is just dying off. It shouldn't be anything to worry about as long as you're not seeing trails of white streaks.

plantas_plaga_blog_full.jpeg

I could be mistaken but it does not look like bug bites. It looks like possible rough handling whatever nicks the leaves the area closest to the cut is just dying off. It shouldn't be anything to worry about as long as you're not seeing trails of white streaks.

plantas_plaga_blog_full.jpeg
Oh nothing like that. I'm not too worried. I was more concerned about heat or light intensity as iv been getting quite of bit of curling like that.

Back
Top Bottom