Moisture in grow tent

Smoking Granny56

Help
I have moisture on my tent walls and a fan at high speed. Should I worry about that? If so how do I stop it. I have a humidifier on low setting so it's not throwing out to much moisture. Also my tent is running about 90. Is that to much? First time using an actual grow tent. All help is appreciated.
Also my tent has like a screen at the bottom I have that covered with the flap that came with the tent. Would removing that mess up the light cycle

Inline fans bud & some ducting to exhaust else where !

Size of tent & size of inline fan per volume of air need to be thought about :thumb:

Carbon filter is optional.

Help
I have moisture on my tent walls and a fan at high speed. Should I worry about that? If so how do I stop it. I have a humidifier on low setting so it's not throwing out to much moisture. Also my tent is running about 90. Is that to much? First time using an actual grow tent. All help is appreciated.
Also my tent has like a screen at the bottom I have that covered with the flap that came with the tent. Would removing that mess up the light cycle

Yep, definitely need at least an outtake fan and oscillating fan. Some people have an intake fan also.
I wouldn't remove the flap if you are growing photos and they are in flower. Other than that, it doesn't matter.

When we had heavy humidity a few weeks ago, I would open the bottom of tent during lights on. While open, I would run a big oscillating fan with it blowing in from outside. It helped to know the humidity was down and buds were drier when it was closed back up.

Help
I have a humidifier on low setting so it's not throwing out to much moisture. Also my tent is running about 90.

stop using the humi.
and you need exhaust if you don't have it.

Is that to much?

yes. but not un-doable.

some tent vents are designed light tight or at least light diminishing. if the tent is inside another room - closet etc - with minimal lighting - room in room - it would be ok. it mostly depends on where you have your tent set up and what those conditions are like.

any added intake ventilation would help.

I have moisture on my tent walls and a fan at high speed. Should I worry about that?
Should you worry about it? Yes.

It sounds like the temperature of the air in the room the tent is in is a lot cooler, a lot, lot cooler than the air inside the tent. The lower peninsula has been humid for the past several weeks so there is no need for a humidifier, even if it is set on low. Do you have one of those gizmos for measuring humidity. You should get one and consider getting an old fashioned one or a very, very expensive digital one instead of an inexpensive digital. Those cheap digital ones do seem to be highly inaccurate.

Based on my experience of buying a tent last fall and switching my flowering plants over to that from the cabinet they were in I have an idea of what you are going through and possible solutions.

The plants give off moisture as part of their transpiration process. And, some water will evaporate from whatever the plants are growing in. The lights are heating up the air and hot air will then hold more moisture.

So, turn off the humidifier and open up the door during the 'day' or when the lights are on. I know the door is there but it does not mean that it has to be closed all the time. This will allow some air exchange between the humid air in the tent and the cooler, and the probably drier air in the room.

If you do not have a hygrometer to measure the humidity and a thermometer then now is the time to get one. You could even visit a second hand store and buy a used hygrometer that will be accurate enough to do the job. And, a tropical fish store will have really inexpensive thermometers in the glass tube with the red liquid. Those are just as accurate, maybe more so, than the $10-15 digital ones. I believe it was @013 who had to go back and forth to a grow shop exchanging digital thermometers about a year or two ago.

Having these two items will give you a better idea of just how warm or cool the tent gets and just how high the humidity is. Plus you might be surprised just how much the readings change if you open the door during the lights on period.

Ok. Thanks. It must be my lights doing it cause they get very warm

you need the lights. solve for ventilation..

are you exhausting to out door ? start there if not.

yes to getting a hygromter and temp meter. they are cheap. it's a basic piece of equipment.
in some climates de-humidifiers or tent ac units need to be used.

Ok. Thanks. It must be my lights doing it cause they get very warm
Going to shut of humidifier
you need the lights. solve for ventilation..

are you exhausting to out door ? start there if not.

yes to getting a hygromter and temp meter. they are cheap. it's a basic piece of equipment.
in some climates de-humidifiers or tent ac units need to be used.
I just got it going so not much to it.

Some where in the fuzzy land of sorting this sizzle out the guys 'n' girls are doing their part...

I love em loads :green_heart:

However a description of such or a picture may paint a thousand words to describe the situation !

Sure hope you're not in Flower. Have you looked at VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit) charts ? They tell you where your Humidity should be according to the temp in your tent.
23) jMtY1K6l_gLPfmQPzPWoK2zbSIpq2qTZRjT_O82Q7FI.png

It's easy to overlook and has only been mentioned once.

The more green you have in the room the more moisture transpires. Small plants or just a single plant will produce a little moisture, once they grow bigger and start to fill the tent you will start to see more & more moisture in the room. Exhausting outside of the tent I would think would be a must do thing or you will have issues...unless you put a dehumidifier in there.

When I start a grow I exhaust only when it gets too hot in there (easiest for me), by the time I get into flower I need to switch up my exhaust to 24/7 and I must exhaust out of the room. More green = more moisture.

It's easy to overlook and has only been mentioned once.

The more green you have in the room the more moisture transpires. Small plants or just a single plant will produce a little moisture, once they grow bigger and start to fill the tent you will start to see more & more moisture in the room. Exhausting outside of the tent I would think would be a must do thing or you will have issues...unless you put a dehumidifier in there.

When I start a grow I exhaust only when it gets too hot in there (easiest for me), by the time I get into flower I need to switch up my exhaust to 24/7 and I must exhaust out of the room. More green = more moisture.
But there is no green. They have not sprouted yet.

But there is no green. They have not sprouted yet.
It shows that you are doing something a lot of us do not do.

You are doing things in the right order. The right way to do it is to set everything up, get it running, and watch to see what problems show up and fix them. Then, put the plants in.

It seems that most growers just set the tent up, put all the equipment and the plants inside and fight the problems as they pop up.

Back
Top Bottom