Most potent strain in todays market?

no one gets high like they did in high school

Yeah, it’s not necessarily the pot- sometimes it’s us. Our brains change as we age. Like I used to listen to thrash metal all day at mind-crushing volume. Now when I do it’s not the same- makes me feel like saying ‘turn it down!’. It’s bloody embarrassing.

But re your question, sort of- some good true sativa strains give me a nice vibrant high that last for many hours. Indica strains give me a shorter high but a longer lasting cloudy effect. If you know what sort of high you prefer, that helps when you’re strain hunting.
Most everyone on this site is doing the same- playing the lottery and constantly buying more seeds, looking for the holy grail.

I accidentally bought a bunch of pcp laced dope one time. That high definitely lasted for a couple days, but I really wouldn’t recommend it :(

I was actually talking about a new grower compared to an experienced grower, and the quality of said outcome.

But on the subject of genetics. I imagine MJ has been pollinated by all types of stuff, including hemp, but that's mother nature for you.

And as far as good stuff still existing, oh yeah, but you have to hunt and play trial and error, and do pheno hunts.
Those some damn fine buds Mocha... would love to come sit a spell with ya :) Looks like ya got it dialed in nice on the fertilizer as well... gonna have to look through your journals now lol.

The super crystal I grew was only ten seeds and out of ten seeds I got 4 females. All were pretty kick ass compared to street weed but 2 of em just blew the others away on buzz. One was a lighter bud and had less resin production (it was still sticky as hell though) but still got you nasty high. The other would just ooze out resin balls until the bud was covered in sticky resin. The smell was also extremely intense as I have mentioned, the clones actually smelled as bad as the bud. Damn I miss that plant.

Where did you order your seed from if I might ask. I'm getting tired of growing out weed only to be disappointed.

Getting the genetics is barely half the problem.
With luck you might get the perfect phenotype of that particular cultivar.
Then IMO if you want to squeeze everything genetically possible from that plant you should be growing in a large fabric pot of Living Organic Soil with about 900 PPFD of LED light and in flower add about an hour or so of UVB light per day.

And everyone is different as far as what feels best to them so just a high % of THC is just a part of the equation.
For me personally I don't think a cultivar exist thats exactly what I want, so I prefer nice blends.
One of my favorite blends right now is a Honey Peach CBD 9% THC, 12% CBD, mixed with Blue Gelato #41 at about 27% THC and the mixture of Terpenes in each cultivar makes for a great blend.

I also make strong tinctures with these blends which is another whole layer of buzziness, take two to three drops of tincture under the tongue followed by a few hits from a joint of another nice blend and you're pretty well covered.
And if you need more than that then top that off with a nice piece of Psilocybe Cubensis mushroom you got growing in the closet and you should be good to go.
I'm taking a break from living soil so I can analyze nutrient targets for optimal plant growth. Easier to mix some fertilizer water and pour it in than it is to add or remove blood or bone. Once I am satisfied with my chemical grow I will switch back to organics and use the NPK targets to make a soil based organic mix.

I have wondered about those strains that get featured with buds that have a super thick frost layer, does all those extra trichomes equate to being super potent where the THC level is off the charts, or is it like some modern varieties of plumper thicker fruit that look absolutely delicious but taste only average? Is a true hash plant measurably more potent than a strain that is less sticky. What would you estimate the THC% was of the super crystal you grew? It sounds amazing.
Im about to chop my hash plant ill let you know :Rasta:

Those some damn fine buds Mocha... would love to come sit a spell with ya :) Looks like ya got it dialed in nice on the fertilizer as well... gonna have to look through your journals now lol.

The super crystal I grew was only ten seeds and out of ten seeds I got 4 females. All were pretty kick ass compared to street weed but 2 of em just blew the others away on buzz. One was a lighter bud and had less resin production (it was still sticky as hell though) but still got you nasty high. The other would just ooze out resin balls until the bud was covered in sticky resin. The smell was also extremely intense as I have mentioned, the clones actually smelled as bad as the bud. Damn I miss that plant.

Where did you order your seed from if I might ask. I'm getting tired of growing out weed only to be disappointed.
Well thank you sir/ma'am :passitleft:...and I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil with Mega Crop, and you're more than welcome to take a walk through my garden anytime :thumb: And that's why I always do a pheno hunt with at least 3 seeds from the same batch, sometimes I have to order more beans to get the pheno I want.

And I order from The best online store for high quality cannabis seeds - Herbies They have the biggest selection and the best prices not to mention the fastest delivery times...11 days on my last order, during the height of the Covid...they're middle men, but they have all the top breeders.

beans.jpg

I have wondered about those strains that get featured with buds that have a super thick frost layer, does all those extra trichomes equate to being super potent where the THC level is off the charts, or is it like some modern varieties of plumper thicker fruit that look absolutely delicious but taste only average? Is a true hash plant measurably more potent than a strain that is less sticky. What would you estimate the THC% was of the super crystal you grew? It sounds amazing.
I would not even begin to know how to rate the THC% but I would have to say it was definitely among the very best I have ever smoked. This plant did not have frosty trichomes... instead they were about two or three times the size of most plants trichomes. The trichomes were topped with a large resin glob and resembled miniature mushrooms growing from the leaves. The plant would actually ooze so much resin from the top of the trichome it would begin to run together and coat the entire bud in a layer of resin.

I would definitely say a superior genetic variety will hands down beat a lesser genetic any day of the week so yea a resin covered hash plant will make you wimper and beg for more... just look at me lol.

It is more complicated than just THC% numbers as not like alcohol where 151 will mess you up faster than 80 proof, so Cannabis more "complicated" than that as a variety of chemicals in the makeup. Throw in everyone's body can be different chemically and one that may do a number on me might just be so-so to someone else (I grew a Panama Red that was supposed to have some CBD in it's makeup, it had an old school creeper effect on me but my Son didn't care for it as he had to smoke twice as much as his normal to get "high" he wanted). As have bought stuff with much lower number at Dispensary that kicks as hard or harder than ones higher personally, along with tests vary as numbers on one part of the plant will be different than others. So I shop more with my eyes and nose personally, but probably the "majority" out there use the % numbers to shop by and the Budtenders at Dispensaries will cater to that or they even feel it is major criteria too like the masses.

Example: Told lady at Dispensary I wanted something to knock me out so I could get some sleep (shut my brain off as "Life is such, such is Life" right now for me) NBK OG (Natural Born Killer according to websearch):

Do I think it really 40%? Many of folks in thread I posted in have doubts on that one too, as you can only get so high of accurate numbers w/o boosting it up with oils or kief or whatnot like "moonrocks" in example. But it does have a nice kick to it and filled purpose I wanted it for but so was a Grand Daddy Purple I also have for a nighttime Indica that is 21.4% according to lable/lab test (I like variety and if I smoke same Strain for days in a row it doesn't affect me the same by the end of the week).

Back on track sorry for the train derailment ;) :rofl:....there are so many good Strains out there along with all the variables involved, as 5 different people could all grow some seeds from the same batch of a specific Strain and get 7 different results (well ok 5 but you get my drift ;) :rofl:). Throw in other variables like so many different phenotypes in the Poly-Hybrids of today the same "Strain" can have a variety of who it takes after in it's lineage just like kids from the same two parents don't come out the same in humans and some traits are more dominate and others that are recessive can show up at times. So by your example a Strain you grew in 2001 could be totally different (or more similar) as doubtful the seeds came from the same two parents, same as you can buy "Strain X" at multiple places from multiple different growers and have totally different stuff. And then throw in the "I remember when....." factor (which is first sign of getting older when you start saying that ;) :rofl:) to complicate things. So genetics is important as you can't easily get "killer" from crap except for the occasional genetic throwback, but if your other variables are way off or different like your light type/nurients/grow medium/etc.....it is quite easy to get crap from killer genetics. Personally I like old school landrace strains, but of the modern Hybrids/Polyhybrids I seem to like most with Blueberry or Durban or Granddaddy in it's make up somewhere, but that could be a taste thing same as some folks don't like a certain "flavor" and others think it is the bomb.
Not trying to be a SOB but I would have to say those nugs are nowhere near 40%. They look pretty dry as far as resin is concerned. From my experience with the super crystal if you have to boost it up with oils then it is just junk bud to begin with. Like I said, I could smoke a bowl in the morning and still be high 6 hours later and that's every day of the week morning and night for me. I'm talking I was satisfied high after the 6 hours like I didn't have to run and roll another one if that makes sense.

The trichomes were topped with a large resin glob and resembled miniature mushrooms growing from the leaves. The plant would actually ooze so much resin from the top of the trichome it would begin to run together and coat the entire bud in a layer of resin.
I have felt this has happened when my plants have been under severe heat/water stress, it has felt like as you describe, like resin was running down the trichomes and coating the buds/leaves. The plant that happened the most to, ended up with sugar leaves that hard and stiff like they'd been varnished.

When you are buying seeds that are claiming high THC. You are just buying the chance of finding one. More and more word is getting out about clones. There is a reason for that. Only a few seeds will ever become great plants. Seeds are like the lottery. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose then out of no where you hit it big!

Most of the time Great plants are a surprise. One of the best strains in seed form I have found that produced exactly what I wanted. Was Ghost Train Haze by Rare Dankness. Popped 2 seeds. One plant had the smell and the high of top shelf Ghost Train Haze. It was never tested but I am sure it was in the mid to high 20's when it came to THC percent.
I have to disagree about the genetics. If you get seed from a quality marijuana plant (not hempcrossed) you will get nothing but quality plants from those seeds. Sure some are better than others but overall they will always be better than some seed you get from a lesser strain that more closely resemble hemp than marijuana. Same is true for the tomato plants in my garden... I always get better quality and taste from Burpee seed than any others I have tried. Truly excellent pot is 100% about the genetics as you will just never get an inferior strain to produce those results.

I have felt this has happened when my plants have been under severe heat/water stress, it has felt like as you describe, like resin was running down the trichomes and coating the buds/leaves. The plant that happened the most to, ended up with sugar leaves that hard and stiff like they'd been varnished.
These plants were quite healthy. I ran AC in the bud area and kept it about 75F 50% RH. It wasn't from heat the plant just produced excess resin all on its own. Haven't found one quite as nice since :(

I have to disagree about the genetics. If you get seed from a quality marijuana plant (not hempcrossed) you will get nothing but quality plants from those seeds. Sure some are better than others but overall they will always be better than some seed you get from a lesser strain that more closely resemble hemp than marijuana. Same is true for the tomato plants in my garden... I always get better quality and taste from Burpee seed than any others I have tried. Truly excellent pot is 100% about the genetics as you will just never get an inferior strain to produce those results.

You are right when you say some will be better than others. It is those others than I am talking about. So not all seeds from a great plant will make great plants. They may not suck but they are no way near the quality of the keeper plants. There is a major difference between a 16% phenotype and a 25% phenotype.

The question is. How many plants do you have to grow to find a great plant. I just mentioned that I was impressed with the Ghost Train Haze because out of 2 seeds one was at the level of THC they claim. With all the genetics being mixed they way they are now days a great plant could come from lots of places.

I only grow from seed. I have grown out close to a hundred different strains. Most of which I will never grow again because of what I found. That is from quality seeds from what I thought were quality breeders. These seeds came from mothers the breeders thought was great.

You are right when you say some will be better than others. It is those others than I am talking about. So not all seeds from a great plant will make great plants. They may not suck but they are no way near the quality of the keeper plants. There is a major difference between a 16% phenotype and a 25% phenotype.

The question is. How many plants do you have to grow to find a great plant. I just mentioned that I was impressed with the Ghost Train Haze because out of 2 seeds one was at the level of THC they claim. With all the genetics being mixed they way they are now days a great plant could come from lots of places.

I only grow from seed. I have grown out close to a hundred different strains. Most of which I will never grow again because of what I found. That is from quality seeds from what I thought were quality breeders. These seeds came from mothers the breeders thought was great.
All I'm saying is the worst plant from quality genetics will always be better than the best plant from mediocre genetics. Those 2 plants I said were not as good were still better than anything you can buy off the street. If two white people have a baby it will not turn out black... that is genetics.

your tolerance levels have simply kept pace with your age lol. :laughtwo:
no one gets high like they did in high school.

the explosion in strains and breeding is messing the market up as well.
As taxation rises in the Untied States and we become more akin to Russia and China, our "way of life" has become ever more diminished. Jesus did not die on the cross because he stood up for the people!

Trust in God

As taxation rises in the Untied States and we become more akin to Russia and China, our "way of life" has become ever more diminished. Jesus did not die on the cross because he stood up for the people!

Trust in God

ok. not sure how that relates to the post but fair enough.

you guys are thankfully nothing like china. putin does kinda call the shots though. he's holding a few chits on your boy i'm afraid.

back to regularly scheduled weed .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

ok. not sure how that relates to the post but fair enough.

you guys are thankfully nothing like china. putin does kinda call the shots though. he's holding a few chits on your boy i'm afraid.

back to regularly scheduled weed .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hey... you guys smoke weed regularly and have never seen a plant even close. Back in the 80's all the shit I smoked was the bomb. You could run down to the local drug dealer and get something that would knock your socks off. I used to get weed that made me hallucinate like I took LSD... had some Hawaiian one time that came on like a tidal wave, kept getting higher and higher until it finally peaked then zoom down the other side like a roller coaster. I'm just saying that all the shit today is no better than midgrade was in the 80's Only way I can explain it in my tiny little mind is that the government (the biggest business in America) is to blame. As soon as they had lost the drug war they began pushing Covid-19 as a reason to push trillions of dollars of American taxpayer money through Congress so tell me you totally trust them.

Hell before the drug war it was Viet - fucking - Nam man. Hey sarge how come the gov got trillions and we can't even get decent supplies? Cause the money went somewhere else now back to the front line!

It's just always something with these people... Satan tempted Christ with all his worldly governments so I blame him for taxation.

how do you work in your grow spaces with your eyes shut?

edit : fuck was that even directed at me ... :p

i am now only confused

edit : again. will pray for you all though. can't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom