Mr Messy 1st Grow Journal - Three Room 2400w Gavita Digi Coco

Thanks, it means a lot!
I'm new to coco and Brix+ additives so any info helps!
Thanks again

heres some shots of the girls after their CO2 Tab shock. H&G Folar feeder fixed the up. i will take more shots today to show there adaptation to the new room and CO2 tabs.
IMG_109014.JPG

a bit freaked out but on the way to recovery now
IMG_108919.JPG

IMG_108822.JPG
IMG_109116.JPG

the next round of clones for FR1

looking awesome mate :cheesygrinsmiley:

do you possibly have a link to where i could buy some co2 tablets messy?? i'd be very keen to give em a whirl! did you buy them with the timer dispenser too?? or was that a separate item? ... oh, and how much were they to buy?? LOL sorry for all the questions.. they look hella easier than burning butane/lpg or co2 lamps etc... and obviously no heat issues, im intrigued :cheesygrinsmiley:

plants look awesome, i can hardly wait to see how this grow turns out.. esp with the feeding system and the co2 tabs :thumb:

keep up the great work Mr Messy :Namaste:

Us mate, I can even mention it as they are a 420 advertiser. Their Dutch of course, love the Dutch!

420 MAGAZINE ®
You buy them separately but not exy. They also have GA-Spray. I. Using it for the first time. Sound fantastic as well. Acid treatments help so much, Fulvic is an absolute must, with Brix + it will give a massive count. Bet on it!

so heres todays shots. Much better, new growth and great colour. the are standing again and on the grow. Time to clone.
IMG_111012.JPG
IMG_110820.JPG
IMG_111110.JPG
IMG_111214.JPG
IMG_110916.JPG

heres the mag problem, only killed a few leavws over all the plants. Fixed now, nice!
IMG_110722.JPG
IMG_110820.JPG

heres FL 1 today. Thay are so healthy its freaky! Bud nutes next week and GA after that then finish with Shooting Powder and love, extra love.
IMG_110618.JPG
IMG_110521.JPG
IMG_110421.JPG
IMG_110318.JPG
IMG_110221.JPG
IMG_110118.JPG
IMG_110018.JPG
IMG_109921.JPG

cant wait to see those awdome Grape God Heads, they are truly beautiful. Soon.

Your plants and your room are looking great Mr. Messy! I want to be like you when I grow up! :bravo:

Someday! :rofl:

Your plants and your room are looking great Mr. Messy! I want to be like you when I grow up! :bravo:

Someday! :rofl:

Thanks but we never grow up, just get older. Their doing well. Buds soon.

Hi John. Good question. I'm currently running water and solution experiments with the CO2 tabs. I've run several PH tests, I've used the tabs in two rooms, one flowering. The PH is defiantly reduced with the tabs but not much at all. In tap water with 1/2 a tab in until dissolved which is 500 times stronger than recommended approx, reduced the PH buy a massive 3.0 points (8 to 5). In 50lt of water the reduction was only 0.1 of a point which is negligible. In 50lt of solution the PH reduced exactly the same amount. The EC did not change at all. Even when I added 10 times the recommended amount of CO2 to 50lt of active solution. I didn't really expect it to as the solution is just dissolved salts and enzymes. The enzymes are strong and very effective in breaking down unused matter, gas and anything the plants are not enjoying once they hit the room zone. It's a real stabiliser and vital to Hydro.
I think the problem in FL2 with the new clones was a mix of stresses due to transplanting, medium change, hydro rooks to coco and the CO2 tabs. They are not supposed to be used on stressing plants, my mistake which I won't make again.
There was a definite nutrient problem, mag I sure, due to rapid growth and overall stress. The rapid growth they were under in the old hydro system as that is the fastest growth system possible. Air stone in every pot, pot in pot for extra roots and a perfectly balanced hydro mix being fed to the plants every two hours. They grow so fast it's amazing to watch. The definite advantage for the sea of green method I'm used to. The Folar feed I give is mag and nitrogen rich and re greens plant over night every time. It's a great product.It certainly fixed the problems with the clones immediately.
In FL1 the heading plants are going crazy. They are drinking so much it's hard to keep up with. The plants look so healthy I'm a positive that the CO2 tabs are working VERY well. The plants drink a lot when there growing a lot and are happy with the solution. A marked improvement in only three days of CO2 tab use. Again no imbalances in the readings at all.
My conclusion is that the tabs have no affect on the solution quality at all as the manufacturer states in there info. They also offer clients in Amsterdam the chance to go to their grow room and check out there shit. Nice!
I did notice the tabs the self attract water and do not hold the CO2 once wet so I need to keep the dust cover off the tab machine to stop moisture build up in the machine it's self.
I will keep a very close eye on the solution for singes of ANY change at all and keep you posted.

Hope that answers your question as well as I can with my own experiment.

all caught up, very cool set up Mr Messy, your plants are looking great! + reps coming your way and Im subbed. So the pellets get dropped into the nutrient solution? and then what, it releases into the air? Plants take in co2 trough the stomata on the undeside of the leaves right, so im just curious how the co2 gets into the air and gets circulated around your tents?

all caught up, very cool set up Mr Messy, your plants are looking great! + reps coming your way and Im subbed. So the pellets get dropped into the nutrient solution? and then what, it releases into the air? Plants take in co2 trough the stomata on the undeside of the leaves right, so im just curious how the co2 gets into the air and gets circulated around your tents?

Hi Jon, apparently( not proven to me yet) the CO2 is absorbed directly through the roots. The tabs drop into the solution once a day in the morning. The CO2 bonds to the water molecules for approx 5 hours and are then transferred into the root zone via the solution. After 5 hours the CO2 un bonds from the water and dissipates into the air, not in the tent but out of the res. It seams to have reacted exactly as the manufacturer states so far. Including the problems associated with them. It's nothing to do with the air CO2. It's sure seems to be showing results. It's new to me.

Yes mate, I can even mention it as they are a 420 advertiser. Their Dutch of course, love the Dutch!

420 MAGAZINE ®
You buy them separately but not exy. They also have GA-Spray. I. Using it for the first time. Sound fantastic as well. Acid treatments help so much, Fulvic is an absolute must, with Brix + it will give a massive count. Bet on it!

Might you have a link to those tabs Messy??

Here you go, Alk wanted it as well, take a look.
Hit the 420mag symbol
No Murcy Shop, there a sponsor

Thanks for the reps guys ;)

Hmmm..definetly against the grain, I ve read threads were growers were putting they're air pumps outside of they're co2 induced grow rooms because they dont want them pumping co2 into the res, I think Ronnie was one of them, if plants can uptake co2 through they're roots why do we try to get as much oxygen as we can into the sollution? I ll be paying very close attention to this one:hmmmm:

Hmmm..definetly against the grain, I ve read threads were growers were putting they're air pumps outside of they're co2 induced grow rooms because they dont want them pumping co2 into the res, I think Ronnie was one of them, if plants can uptake co2 through they're roots why do we try to get as much oxygen as we can into the sollution? I ll be paying very close attention to this one:hmmmm:

It's just a theory, here's something to she'd a bit of light. Seams to be varinging opinion through out the plant world.
Here is one thing I was able to find -

Aquatic plants also have requirements for certain nutrients in the overlying water. Most rooted aquatic plants need Ca, Mg, K and a carbon source in the water if they are to thrive. I say most, since some aquatic species such as Isoetes sp. and Lobelia dortmanna actually obtain even their carbon dioxide from the sediment. These plants are adapted to growing in acidic softwater lakes that have extremely low levels of DIC in the water and so absorb CO2 from the sediment through their roots. HallMan ~ El pan de cada dia con Bruce Dave Huebert, Department of Botany, University of Manitoba

So Huebert says that some aquatic species are able to, although I'm not sure about our commonly kept aquatic species.

However, many of our plants do actively inject oxygen into the substrate around their roots. This may in part be for protection, but also likely would be in order to generate their own co2. The oxygen which is readily available in the water is injected into the substrate, where bacteria utilize it to break down organics, and consequently they release co2 into the substrate in the immediate vicinity of the roots. One would reason that the plants would also be equipped to therefore absorb and utilize the co2 they are helping to produce, especially as it's such a valuable resource available in such limited quantities in many bodies of water.That's the hypothesis in any case?

Here's some answers.

A final question that has periodically intrigued researchers is whether plants take up carbon through their roots in addition to through their leaves. Although a definitive answer eludes us, various aspects of the issue have been described by Idso (1989), who we quote as follows.

"Although several investigators have claimed that plants should receive little direct benefit from dissolved CO2 (Stolwijk et al., 1957; Skok et al., 1962; Splittstoesser, 1966), a number of experiments have produced significant increases in root growth (Erickson, 1946; Leonard and Pinckard, 1946; Geisler, 1963; Yorgalevitch and Janes, 1988), as well as yield itself (Kursanov et al., 1951; Grinfeld, 1954; Nakayama and Bucks, 1980; Baron and Gorski, 1986), with CO2-enriched irrigation water. Early on, Misra (1951) suggested that this beneficent effect may be related to CO2-induced changes in soil nutrient availability; and this hypothesis may well be correct. Arteca et al. (1979), for example, have observed K, Ca and Mg to be better absorbed by potato roots when the concentration of CO2 in the soil solution is increased; while Mauney and Hendrix (1988) found Zn and Mn to be better absorbed by cotton under such conditions, and Yurgalevitch and Janes (1988) found an enhancement of the absorption of Rb by tomato roots. In all cases, large increases in either total plant growth or ultimate yield accompanied the enhanced uptake of nutrients. Consequently, as it has been suggested that CO2 concentration plays a major role in determining the porosity, plasticity and charge of cell membranes (Jackson and Coleman, 1959; Mitz, 1979), which could thereby alter ion uptake and organic acid production (Yorgalevitch and Janes, 1988), it is possible that some such suite of mechanisms may well be responsible for the plant productivity increases often observed to result from enhanced concentrations of CO2 in the soil solution."

Although much is thus known about many aspects of root responses to atmospheric CO2 enrichment, much remains to be learned. Nevertheless, it is abundantly evident that plant roots, like most other plant organs, typically do better in CO2-enriched air than in current ambient air.

It will be interesting to see if that theory applies to cannabis because its not an aquatic plant, very cool bro:)

Have aloof at the above post. It sounds lik it's,worth the risk to me, lets see ah ;)

Back
Top Bottom