Mr Messy 1st Grow Journal - Three Room 2400w Gavita Digi Coco

looking awesome Mr! i was considering getting a few of those cooltubes but dont wanna feed the greed which is switched on gardener loL..

cuttings are looking beautiful and healthy.. this should be a good grow :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

looking awesome Mr! i was considering getting a few of those cooltubes but dont wanna feed the greed which is switched on gardener loL..

cuttings are looking beautiful and healthy.. this should be a good grow :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

thanks alk. things are looking great
have been away for a week and theres heaps of growth again. will put up some shots

Welcome vic

Hy guys, have been away
IMG_106914.JPG
heres what i came home to. the Blumat are awesome, no problems adjusting and they work fine. have moved everything around. clones out of pot in pot and into the new room, flower room 2. they are very happy and will be on GLR for 3 more weeks .
flower room 1 is now full of the mums. 4 GG and 1 ST all on head for 5 days now. they fill the room well.
flower room 2 is full of the clones now two weeks under HID. they are great, heaps of growth.
the veg room is now empty for a few days whilst i take clones from the clones.
its all right on schedule. 4 weeks apart in the flower rooms. will be coping every month from now on.
i have a bunch of young clones still growing to put into flower roon one in 7 weeks. they should be huge buy then and have given me my clones for the next flower room, 12 have filed the room this time so will take 24 clones to make sure i get enough good ones. Haven't lost any yet though.

IMG_106914.JPG
IMG_106615.JPG

hetres the clones after another week. they are now in flower room 2

IMG_107018.JPG
IMG_107118.JPG

heres the new room with one plant in, 11 to go!

IMG_107118.JPG
IMG_107018.JPG
image2116.jpg

flower room 2 with the new clones transplanted into coco and with the Blumat going fine, 3 more weeks till flip.

IMG_106411.JPG

food for thought

well thats week two done, any questions please ask.
Thanks guys

cooking tip for the day: timing is everything!

IMG_107714.JPG
IMG_107619.JPG
IMG_107514.JPG

Here's flower room 1 with the mums in and on bud for 5 days now. They have been tied down and put on 10 hours light 5 days ago. 7 weeks to go!
There's 2 400w son t a grow lights here now the veg room is empty. For a few days only.
Drip fed with Blumat. I put only the salt, mutyzyme and drip clean in the res, hand feed all the heavy additives a few times a week.

They will fill out well from here!

how far is your light above your plants? place your hand underneath the light to the point you can not feel any heat from it, adjust your light to that point above your plants and raise the light as your plants grow.

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg
HPS_chart.jpg
grow-room-light-distances.jpg
HPSGraphPAR.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

Hi John, I've been working in the rooms,
Taking photos. As your picture indicates there
are many heights possible. Also I use HID hight output
dimable ballasts so it changes depending on what stage the plants are at.
Like the chart though

Nice man, looking very nice and tidy in there

Hahahahah
They call me Mr Messy for a reason, it's a problem I have. I should see someone!

Anyway, I been busy today, finished the new room, FR2.
There's 11 plants evenly spaced, all controles in place, lights down (thanks King) and under way. The Blumats are fantastic, can't recommend them enough!. They are totally flexible in the amount of solution they release. I went away for the week and dialled them down to a point they got enough to keep the thriving. Science I got back I've been experimenting with them and they let you deliver as much base amount as you like and then let the plant decide if it wants more, it's RAD. Will get the watering plan down pat soon for each stage of growth based on how hungry the plant are, individually! Also with the coco I've noticed the air to solution ratio is totally adjustable witch gives me and the plant way more room to move as far as solution content goes. I used to be abel to track this with recirculating Hydro as i could see visually how much the plants were drinking at each stage of growth, as well as if the plants did not like the mix-not so thirsty. It was always why i stuck with the old system, visual results instantly. It seams its the same for coco! Happy.

Now I'm all set up I will run you through the equipment. Hope my shots are OK.
IMG_107118.JPG
IMG_107619.JPG

Airpots are the way of the future for coco airoponics. Root pruning and general sideway growth of the root ball that constantly regenerates. A match made in heaven for H&G Roots Excelerator

IMG_108018.JPG
IMG_108218.JPG

Here's the Blue Lab garden monitor. Very accurate all the time. The PH is high due to some additives i use. i always balance the PH when i mix the base nutes. the additives can give a false reading for a few days. you can re balance after 24 hours or so. The flexi tank is works well. Great size and although flexi, strong!

IMG_108319.JPG
IMG_108514.JPG

2400w Timmer for safe start up. The day/night Timmer makes a real difference. It allowed me to set up the heater, fans and extraction to work at different intervals during the day and the night. It's let's me keep the room at a constant temp during the cold night. It's a constant wrestling match between heating and extraction. Only for a few hours though so not to much power use. The temp here varies from -1 to +26 in one day, it's hard to balance, you need specific thermostatic controle. Can't wait to get the Super Pro Room Controler, worth very cent, just in electricity savings alone!
IMG_108118.JPG

Ok. Here's the most controversial piece of equipment/technology I use. It's the CO2 Tab delivery system. A fish feeder that drops CO2 tabs developed for hydroponic use in Holland over many years. It's disputable wether it works or not but is VERY cheap to run. If it does work it will allow a constant CO2 delivery system them does not depend on air quality! Revolutionary! I think anyway?!? No more gas, heat, $1000 dollar units, air pollution, etc. I hope it works!! We can all see I guess?
IMG_109425.JPG
IMG_109219.JPG

Gavita Digi Pro bulbs are the latest bulb built for high frequency digital Balasts. With the old bulbs the frequency from the new Digi Balasts used to bend the filament in the bulb to point it would only last a few months on full spectrum. The Gavita is built for these frequencies hence it's the completion of the digital revolution, about time I say!
image2062.jpg

IMG_108717.JPG
IMG_108619.JPG

This is the heating and air movement. Self thermo 750w basic heater, nice and gentle, with circular fan air movement, not oscillating. This keeps the whole room moving, every plant moves the same amount for stem strengthening and air temp/CO2 control. CO2 is very heavy and needs to be mixed up in the air and constantly moving, just like nutrient solution in the resivoir.
IMG_109816.JPG
IMG_109719.JPG

This is the old pot in pot hydro retired and the new system in its place. Flower room 1 (FL1) for reference.Same equipment except light. These will be replaced soon.

I said I had a surprise. I had a full house inspection with two groups of people looking at the house to buy it and no one saw a thing. Good excuses and stealthy planes save the day again!
Here's the garage, not a clue, told them it was pallets of wine for my restaurant and they thanked me for being a great tenant, who'd of thought it ah?
IMG_109618.JPG
IMG_107917.JPG

Anyway, back to the snow, it's dumped!

Cooking tip for the day: sometimes you simmer, sometimes you boil!

hey mr messy!

im LOVING your journal mate! very informative and some great reviews on equipment i havent used or seen before! cool stuff :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

Thanks bruv, means a lot! Especialy from a grower of your reputation. Any questions please ask, here for a good time, not a long time ;)

Here's a bit more on the CO2 Tabs

"With CO2 Tabs you will possess a revolutionary new and very powerful product aimed at landplants on any growth medium. These simple - and cheap! - Tablets are specially developed to replace the complicated and expensive CO2 fertilizing systems used until today.

Growth stagnation of plants is often caused by a shortage of carbondioxide; in badly aired spaces this shortage can be dramatic. With CO2 Tabs you can offer the carbon dioxide directly to the roots of your plants and significantly increase the speed of growth.

Only healthy plants will be able to effectively use this extra input. During extensive testing we perceived as the possible side affect a shortage of magnesium due to the high speed of growth. The tabs release the CO2 in the water and thus stimulate the growth. Healthy cannabisplants can absorb many times more of this important nutrient CO2 as is available in the air.

Attention: Adding CO2 short before the dark period doesn't give any results! During the dark period the plant doesn't absorb any CO2. The tabs bond the CO2 about 4 to 6 hours to the offered water.

Application: When your plants (or cuttings) are healthy you can use 1 tablet per 100 liters of water. In hydro systems you can also simply add the tablet to the barrel. Overdosing is neither harmful nor useful. If you want to add the CO2 Tab instantly, first solve it in a cup of water (gently crush the tablet with your finger in the water) and mix it the with the water that is intended for the plants. Apply twice weekly for optimal results, and preferably during the whole growing cycle of your plants.

The use of CO2-Tabs is environmentally friendly and poses no harm for plants, pets, birds, insects or microorganisms. Adding CO2Tabs to the drinking water can temporarily lower the pH. It is advisable to regularly measure the pH (of water and soil). High or low extremes interfere with the plants ability takes up nutrients. Use Bacterial to recycle the extra waste (a result of the increased growth) into nutrients. CO2-Tabs and Bacterial are an ideal combination for your plants!"

Sounds good to me, can see the results, including the magnesium diffishency already. H&G Folar Feed fixed it up straight away.

Great to have you along for the ride! Please offer ANY suggestions! Or ask anything, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom