Mr Messy 1st Grow Journal - Three Room 2400w Gavita Digi Coco

Thats pretty interesting stuff bro, Im thinking if its true then it will work better with your setup because your in coco, with my setup the roots are hanging inside the buckets with maybe an inch of water at the bottom, so they are suspended right in the co2 enriched air but you could be onto something big for soil or coco based topdrip systems, very cool stuff brotha:)

Thats pretty interesting stuff bro, Im thinking if its true then it will work better with your setup because your in coco, with my setup the roots are hanging inside the buckets with maybe an inch of water at the bottom, so they are suspended right in the co2 enriched air but you could be onto something big for soil or coco based topdrip systems, very cool stuff brotha:)

Lets hope so, there's 16 girls i love very much counting on it!

A new experiment.
I have been against defoliation for many years now due to an experiment I did many years ago the showed me that defoliation was a bad idea. Also all the info I had read and learned from gardening in general tort me different methods. I have been enlightened to a defoliation technique that many peeps here on 420 swear by, in certain situations. I'm in those situations so have decided to try it out.
I have the new room raging now and have got 4 plants next to each other that were the same size and condition that I will run the defoliation experiment on. I have defoliated one plant heavily, one plant lightly, one plant I have just tipped as usual and one plant I have left completely alone except for removing dead lead as,I have always done.
Lets see the results.
IMG_112020.JPG
IMG_112124.JPG
IMG_112223.JPG

Here's a side view of the plant that is untouched. Very wide and healthy, as are the others.
IMG_112320.JPG

I have also defoliated the five plants in FL1, it was heart breaking and left a shocking result. But to all accounts it will help dramatically.
I have done this after much research yesterday and in the hope it works and leads me in that direction using my new methods and flower room. So many new things in this room it's going to be a mental exercise just to keep up and not cause bad results but time wasted is time lost so I will go for it. Will post a few shots of the FL1 soon. We both need time to recover from this brutal change in our lives.
Anyway I love to learn and try new things as this journal hopefully shows and am open to change, in fact I thrive on it!
:peace: and thanks:420:members!

Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

Cooking tip of the day: you are never a Master Chef, just an aprentice.

heya mr messy!!

thanks for that link to the tabs, i'll be checking that out for sure.

yeah i was looking into liquid carbon dioxide and co2 in aqueous solutions and it is a fascinating subject! now i see you are using a 50L res?? do you use 1 tab per application or less e.g. 1/4 tab per application?? and how often?? twice per week?

plants are looking healthy and happy messy! looking forward to this grow :cheesygrinsmiley:

take care young fella :ganjamon: ;]

Ha Alk. Yeh it's a rocky road here. Moving soon, again. New place looks like a keeper, finally.
The tabs have been under experiment for two weeks now. Have done every test I can think of. I was using one tab per day but found it was leaving a dusty coating on the res, probably calcium deposits from any binding agent in the tabs. I now use 1/4 tab per day in the morning. It binds to the water for 5 hours and feeds the plants after the night cycle as they drink well at this time at day. The rest un bonds and goes into the air. This seams to be right. No deposit on res and the amount recommended. The machine is great, drops the 1/4"tab right on schedule. The plants have had a bit of a settling in period but they sure are growing hard now. Noticed a lot of lateral growth compared to normal which is great. I think there working?
One more week until I put the screen over them and flip. FL 1 is blooming well, week three, nice.
:thumb:

Messy. . . . F'n B E A utiful brother! Theres nothing like watching your hard work and dedication grow into something just amazing! :thumb::thumb: lol

I have been crazy busy last few weeks. Doing some revamps at farm and working my outdoor garden(s). We grow quite a bit of vegi's also the garden is pretty big... anyway bit off topic.... Im glad i finally got a chance to get a good read on! REPS to you.

Until next time..... HAPPY GROWING TO ALL!

im super interested in trying the tabs.. and the fact they evaporate into the ambient air?? fascinating stuff... what one would need to do is to run two different systems of the same pheno strain and compare the differences... i dont have that facility quite yet but would love to experiment myself!
hope everything is well for you messy! keep it green /|\

im super interested in trying the tabs.. and the fact they evaporate into the ambient air?? fascinating stuff... what one would need to do is to run two different systems of the same pheno strain and compare the differences... i dont have that facility quite yet but would love to experiment myself!
hope everything is well for you messy! keep it green /|\

All good, have at the snow for week or so.
Things are booming here. Tabs do seem to giving a positive input. Trying a few experiments but have not isolated on plant from CO2 yet. Next round, still getting use to the new system. The results are great though. Will post some shots in a few days.

OK, sorry, been away for a week then my boys.Good times.
so the girls have grown well, CO2 seems good. Will keep it up for now.
the defoliation plant has had only a small amount of growth, re foliation. you can see the un touched plant is by far the biggest overall plant in the room in both sideways and vertical growth. Not as even a canopy of course. The slightly defoliated, tipped plants are the most even canopy and size, very even.
Heres some shots. They were flipped this day. Day 1.

IMG_112321.JPG
IMG_112519.JPG

the un touched plant one week apart in age.
IMG_112619.JPG

The De Foliated plant after a week
IMG_113714.JPG

The un touched plant in the back left and the defoliated plant in the foreground.
IMG_113411.JPG
IMG_112724.JPG
IMG_112724.JPG
IMG_113615.JPG
IMG_112619.JPG

The girls at flip Day, 4 weeks in this room.
IMG_115816.JPG
IMG_115513.JPG
IMG_115413.JPG
IMG_115112.JPG
IMG_115213.JPG
IMG_115311.JPG
IMG_115012.JPG
IMG_114413.JPG

The girls in FL1 at 32 days on 10 hours light. They've had GA Spray and NPK Top Booster so far. Shooting power and roots execrator again next three weeks then the wined down, thickening week. Cant wait!
:peace:

Ha Hurbman, nice to see you. Sorry, forgot to reply last time:hookah::hookah: Cheers, tree looking good mate, buds are great now, uuuummmmmm:thanks:

Cheers Alk, they are very shinny! :yikes:

Cheers Gle!

Hi there, I've been away again for a while.heres a few weeks of shots to update the grow. I've moved fed room and put in a small TB drip system. The Turbo clone is working well and the next round of clones are well under way. Two weeks left in the FL1 and 22 days into head in FL2.
IMG_116316.JPG
IMG_116218.JPG
IMG_115912.JPG
IMG_116017.JPG
IMG_116115.JPG
IMG_113714.JPG

The girls after 2 weeks on head with screen
IMG_116416.JPG
IMG_116617.JPG
IMG_116513.JPG
IMG_116716.JPG
IMG_116817.JPG
IMG_116913.JPG
IMG_117013.JPG
IMG_117113.JPG

The new room with TC and new TB drippers.
IMG_118816.JPG
IMG_118921.JPG

Clones after 10 days.
IMG_117714.JPG
IMG_117813.JPG
IMG_117214.JPG
IMG_117520.JPG
IMG_117617.JPG

This is a second pressure watering system for the heavy black nuts. The dripers can be replaced every crop at little cost and its powered by a pump up sprayer bottle, mix nuts, put in bottle and pump the nutes to each pot. it works well. No hand watering.
Bud shots soon.

Here's the girls in FL2 at 22 days. Up thought he screen and well on there way.
IMG_118715.JPG
IMG_118611.JPG
IMG_118512.JPG
IMG_118213.JPG
IMG_118311.JPG
IMG_118416.JPG

So, have been away for a while and came home to bad news. Fan broke and mould set into FL1.Down side of being away so much I guess.
I lost 50% of room 1 and ended up,with only 340g. Half off it to mouldy to use. The rest went through the bags. S#~t!
Also the shots were day 15 not 22, added up wrong/smashed, whoops ;)-""
Here's some shot a t the real 22 days.
IMG_120822.JPG
IMG_121115.JPG
IMG_121415.JPG
IMG_120910.JPG
IMG_121212.JPG
IMG_121316.JPG
IMG_121016.JPG
IMG_120113.JPG

The big one is the untouched plant, they are all doing well.
Shooting powder dear next week.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom