MrCanada's First Grow Ever! 2016, Candy Cane!

MrCanada

Hello everyone. Just joined the forums a few days ago and have been following a number of journals. I am currently on day 22 of my first grow ever.

A little bit about myself. I am from BC Canada, and I have no experience growing this devils lettuce. I used to be brainwashed that weed was horrible, and I tried it for the first time in November 1 year ago. I have not looked back, what a miracle drug. I've gone through all the annoying processes to legally handle and grow the stuff, and i spent a little bit of money on a small starter setup.

Here's some info on my grow. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. Please forgive me for any mistakes as I am new. I am doing my best to raise these little guys as healthy as possible. I've made a few mistakes along the way.

I bought my seeds from Crop King seeds. I bought the Candy Cane 7 week auto-flowers.

I am using:

- 300W LED light

- 4x4 Grow tent

- home made Co2 generator with yeast and sugar cane

- a local PRO MIX soil

- GH Flora series.

- 4inch inline fan with carbon filter

- distilled water keeping the ph around 5.8-6

I planted the seeds on around Oct 25th 2016.

Oct28 both seeds have sprouted, one a day behind the other
420-magazine-mobile2115846859.jpg

For the first week I kept under light, I struggled with temps being under 20 Celsius. Didn't add a heater until week two. Using an oil heater keeping the room between 23-25.

Day 7
420-magazine-mobile1630219520.jpg

Both plants grew pretty decent over the first week. I think I may have stunted them with it being so cold.

Day 14
420-magazine-mobile185206235.jpg

Plants started blowing up around day 12. No complaints as of yet. Day 9 I transplanted into a medium size pot. That was a mistake, I should have went straight to final pot.

Day 17
420-magazine-mobile1637579632.jpg

Noticed some deficiency on the newest leaves. Did my first feed at 1/4 strength. Figuring out the nutrients was my biggest hurdle yet. I overthought the process. I have limited gardening knowledge, just watched my mom, dad, and brother grow a variety of things. For nutrients I used

Flora micro, flora gro, flora bloom, florablend vegan plant booster, and some rapid start root enhancer. I fed plant and within days leaves were dark again.

I transplanted to final pots day 18. The plants hated it and drooped for three hours. They perked up and have been fantastic since.

Day 21
420-magazine-mobile986586014.jpg

This was yesterday. I bent both plants slightly at stem. Was told it promotes growth hormones, plants straightened themselves out and looked strong within an hour.

Lower branches are growing in already which I am happy about
420-magazine-mobile509200844.jpg

Today day 22

420-magazine-mobile762686124.jpg

I am happy with progress so far. "Seedling one" the plant that sprouted a day early (reason being the other seed fell out of pellet during germination for a day and I didn't notice right away) has grown faster and bigger than seedling two, but seedling two isn't giving up, She's got good growth too!

I'll have updates regularly, please share your thoughts and opinions! Thanks for having me and nice meeting you all!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I decided to start training the girls today. I just used some twist ties, and attached to lip of the pot. These plants seem to be already bushy and I really want the lower branches to compete for the top of the plant. I am not noticing any issues with the plants. I feel like they are growing slowly, but maybe I am just being impatient! Within 45 minutes of pulling plants down they have completely adjusted and started growing straight. These bloody plants impress me more and more every day!

P.S. I don't think anyone has read my journal yet, and I'm not sure anyone will but I'm going to continue!

420-magazine-mobile109451414.jpg

420-magazine-mobile542290128.jpg

420-magazine-mobile800323448.jpg

420-magazine-mobile540974766.jpg

Question for you experts out there! I'm on day 24. Feeder leaves fell off about 5 days ago, so I know I'm very early in grow. When in veg should I flush?

heya b.c.,, plants looking good,, well done, so far. go easy with them nutes, about all i can say,, you have quite a range there, even for an experienced gardener. easiest part of the process to mess up on.

enjoy the cool weather,, cheers for now,,

oh,, why you wanna flush?? i see no need, just me tho

Thank you! Yeah, I am trying to not overdue feedings. I am noticing a couple of the larger fan leaves stems are going a little red, and the new growth is looking slightly on the lighter green spectrum.

As far as flushing I just read someone mention flushing in vegetation and I was curious if and when that was necessary.

DAY 26:

I got a second light so that each girl could have its own until I can afford a better one. I have been training the plant and really trying to grow out the canopy.

Question for you experts. It might sound stupid because I am training them but should I be having better height growth at this stage or am I better off the plants focusing on growing bushy? They haven't really gotten much taller compared to bushy lately.

Second question; one of my girls seems to be in pre flower. I will show a picture. Is this to be expected at this age and stage?

420-magazine-mobile983773159.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1149966493.jpg

420-magazine-mobile206808031.jpg

420-magazine-mobile695024379.jpg

Plants look great,, bushy is good,, preflower can happen anytime from three weeks old,, maybe even sooner,, i know someone on here had preflowers on a three week old plant,, i am waiting on one plant to sex itself,, has,been over five weeks now, no preflowers, soon tho, I figure,, good job, cheers

Crazy eh, they just come along as they wish! Thanks again

Hey guys! Just want to vent. I had a stressful day, and I just got 8 new strains of grade A weed I've never tried so I got super baked after work and left my tent open on the girls. Well my cats decided to go on a salad date. I just topped the plants this morning, I also trimmed a few leaves and they were fine. Since the cats got to em they are pretty wilty. I showed my brother who's been growing for 15 years and he said they were fine and it would just add some character. So stressful!

420-magazine-mobile824455939.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1749864205.jpg

420-magazine-mobile287661638.jpg

Ha,, folks warned me about cats liking mj flavours,, ha,, i have two cats,, my grow room is in my art studio/labooratoory,, my two kitties spend a lotto time in me studio,, and peek into me labooratoory a lot,, but they never have shown a liking for my plants,, tho, must admit,, their fur, so fine it is,, is in my buds a lot,, oh well, I smoke my cats a bit,, no biggie,, haha,

Ha,, folks warned me about cats liking mj flavours,, ha,, i have two cats,, my grow room is in my art studio/labooratoory,, my two kitties spend a lotto time in me studio,, and peek into me labooratoory a lot,, but they never have shown a liking for my plants,, tho, must admit,, their fur, so fine it is,, is in my buds a lot,, oh well, I smoke my cats a bit,, no biggie,, haha,

Haha! My cats love plants. I have to keep most of them locked away from them. I grew them cat grass, but that only does so much :p

Plants have bounced right back from top and cat incident. Noticed the leaf stems were going red so I gave them a feeding.

420-magazine-mobile304069928.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1320689878.jpg

420-magazine-mobile179336551.jpg

Every node on every branch is growing new branches. I have a feeling these things around about to blow up.

Perty purple perfection pictures,,

Very nice indeed,, cheers

Looking good, coming along nicely. My growboxes out in the shed so I don't have to find out if my cats like to eat them or not (one of them eats anything that doesn't move, so my guess is he would be a problem), that and I keep boxes shut to keep bugs out (and outdoor critters that wander into the shed).

Looking good, coming along nicely. My growboxes out in the shed so I don't have to find out if my cats like to eat them or not (one of them eats anything that doesn't move, so my guess is he would be a problem), that and I keep boxes shut to keep bugs out (and outdoor critters that wander into the shed).

It's going to be -10 here this week. Outdoors isn't an option for me till spring :)

Well I'm on day 38 and as far as I can tell everything's coming along okay. I have trichomes forming on the leaves and looks like small bud sights. Not sure if this is pre-flower, or if I'm in full flower now. Plants seem healthy though. If you zoom into heads you can see the trichs.

420-magazine-mobile311813954.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1727896930.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2094050355.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2111198217.jpg

420-magazine-mobile822582248.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1655799759.jpg

420-magazine-mobile219936766.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1806342626.jpg

It's has now been 12 days in flower and the buds are starting to form nicely. I waited until day 11 to give full bloom nutes. They responded well to them.

Seedling #2
420-magazine-mobile672446002.jpg

420-magazine-mobile15925777.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1908862228.jpg

420-magazine-mobile608744490.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1509961568.jpg

Seedling #1

420-magazine-mobile182525364.jpg

420-magazine-mobile696189183.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1286339740.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1554920843.jpg

420-magazine-mobile298507602.jpg

420-magazine-mobile269131155.jpg

Everything seems to be happy and healthy. I don't know if my growth is at where it should be for day 46, but they look healthy and smell beautiful so I am happy. All the leaves have trichomes and more and more are forming.

Back
Top Bottom