Multi Strain Grow Journal

I'd given up on one of my autos and excavation work revealed the seed with a 4mm ish tap root cold and damp. A quick dusting of soil and water then into the warm closet. 24 hours later and I have 3 autos from the 4. I dropped one with the pot it was in. I've been looking for a shoot from the mesh under the pots but had to clean up.
Shame that I am going 12\12 ASAP. Can't wait to strike the lot and move home. Be funny.first autos and they're going to be 12/12from seed . Unless I re- commission the wardrobe. CFL only . Giant CFL. I'm not putting a hood in a shoe box. Asking for trrrwubble.

I'm trying to wnd down my visits to the girls. I'll mess with them as I'm obsessive. I'm sure I will not have thrips. I've got messed up soil. Some is used tropical bat mix which is basically 60/40 , coco/ moss peat respectively. Now I read moss peat isn't designed to reuse. The peat moss/ moss peat..part breaks down losing the light quality and becoming acid in the soil. Any good soil mix threads specific to this? I look for stuff then read something different.
I was happy yesterday, the ads for a repotting article on another site were canna & ff . The guy in the pictures of the article showing the process was using the tropical mix I buy. . It's not already filled with perlite and I like the chance to do stuff like that myself. .

The more I have found to read about, the more I think there's thrips in my tent. I'm glad of ongoing definition above and beyond my soils ph. Tho I ain't sure it's right. New soil arrived today and I have neem oil coming up this week. I believe this is good shit on vegin plants. I have a pressure hand spray bottle but not sure how to use neem oil. I'm using a soapicidal mix with vinegar and maybe that's something that is gonna help mix the oil and water. Repotted the 3 girls. Watered the other 10 plants incase they are in bad ph. Just flush style wetting the pots as I have nute burn from water.

All going tits up. Thrips. I've used neem oil and soap then pyrethrum. That is over the last 5 or 6 days . Got to get more pyrethrum to nuke them again before flower.

Attachments

• IMG_20190908_205146.jpg
    IMG_20190908_205146.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20190908_205136.jpg
    IMG_20190908_205136.jpg
    814.5 KB · Views: 65
Now I have the neat pesticide plytherum. I've realised the previous purchase of the ready-mix version, was not a strong enough level.so I have got the undiluted stuff and made a pressure hand spray bottle of strong mix and emptied it over and under the lot.. This is the last chance. If they survive this the plants are going to be eaten out.
I've applied it at lights on and turned the fan in the tent off put the light right up and left the door hanging open for an hour or so after applying the nuke.. I've left the light up high for the remainder tonight and put the fan back on and zipped the ⛺ tent up.

I've looked at the plants this morning and they are not getting any worse. Which hopefully means that I have been for now successful in as much as stopping the little fcurs. I can see why people will go as far as dipping the whole plant in the stuff, rather than spray. That's got to be worthwhile.

People often think of 600w as the sweet spot for efficient power to light. They are better than some sized hid lights,but 400w is, proportionally, just as efficient as the 600. Now I'm justified in saying that I've been and put my second light hood with the kit ballast. A transformer and the ignition capacitor sat on a fire brick and a small fan across it all. I've got 2 like this. £20 eBay and they came with two working bulbs. Yeah I'm erratic. My first ballast is adjustable ( dimmable they called it) so I have 800w blazing a 5ft square X 6ft tent for flowering. I've learned my lesson on light burn. Apparently,well it's self explanatory, apparently 2x400 would be more usable than a thousand wattage single ended 240v. UK regular household supplies. I know. Too much. .
Can't wait to say they're all flowering plants and bug free. I've got 3 weeks. Gonna flip to 12/12 tomorrow from lights on in the evening. I've waited for them to settle in the final pots!! Just the mf thrips mf ers. One of 11plants has nearly all been eaten. Luckily it's clinging to life with a good sprinkling of new young growth being all that's left on the stalk. Fun fact I was thinking of quadlining all of the plants but having removed the first and second nodes off all the plants. I've not got room for all of them spreading out and 8 of the 11are regular seeds. So I have reserves on the outcome of thrips. It's got to be knocking Oz's off the crop. That's normally my doing.

Here's the remnants of a thrips attack.
IMG_20190911_103910.jpg
IMG_20190911_103910.jpg
IMG_20190911_103933.jpg

This is a sad little plant. But it's still there and at this point many people will strip the plant to this kind of level. There's lots of good flower sites going on so I'm going to 12/12 and hope to see the plants stretch out of infestation and develop colas as if nothing had happened. .
IMG_20190911_104054.jpg

I've tried to show the training of 3 feminised plants and I'm looking forward to sexing the 8 regular ones. There were 10 but I decided I could sex them earlier but after the demise of 2 plants,, realised I was acting in haste and without certainty. What a consistent fool I am.
IMG_20190911_104054.jpg

See I've attached this photo of the blurred plant twice. I've sprayed with pyrethrum again this morning at lights off. Getting easier to do as there's not much to spray left.

Well I'm sort of happy. I've got some control of the thrips now. They've taken Thier toll. Little fkrs. Here's my 2 hoods with 400w sodium in both. I'm getting a strobing on my camera when looking at the 2hid lights? Could this be my ballast kit.. a transformer and an ignition capacitor. If I remember my physics it's because the ballast'kit' has only achieved half wave rectification!.
Could this be a stress anybody??.
I'd love a reason to put 400w of cheap DC cobs in the hood.
IMG_20190912_083622.jpg

IMG_20190912_080517.jpg

IMG_20190912_080606.jpg

This is my other ballast.
IMG_20190912_080622.jpg

And this is my little ducting coming through a patch. You know the cheaper tents have shyte light protection. This tent has plenty of ducting options and I have taped sheets of Mylar over all of the unused ones.
Kirk out

Yeah I'm a happy camper. Nice and warm in my tent hahaha.
There's a good amount of growing leaf making a big of a canopy again. Finally got the pesticides working, it was nescassary to save them for sure. 3days from full strength pesticide treatment. Not seeing it spread. Healthy growth is getting underway. Been feeding slowly and regular with rizo bio and a half recommended canna bio vega. Oh and silica. One night of 12 hours darkness from 6 . Dunno if it is a recovery or the flip. I think it is both. No one thing goes with out any ting fish. No else.??
Any ting else.

So I have given the girls and plants! Another proper soak in plytherum. Made sure I was using full strength and using latex gloves and my hand cupping the branches drenched every inch of 11 plants started 20 minutes before lights off and total run over was an hour after I took this shot. So gonna wind the timer back an hour. Make sure they have 12hrs
IMG_20190914_090252.jpg

This is pretty much all new growth in less than a week . Maybe 4-5 days. Anyway I'm still taking dying leaf every day and I don't intend to lose any more. Have dealt with spdermites B4 that was easy?? Only had 3 plants. This has been a learning curve of pest prevention and intend to use neem oil as a precaution all through vegin in any future grows. I have read people do this..

They're persistent lil' FRS. Thrips I mean. Spraying what I believe to be plytherum? I've emptied the bottle of undiluted stuff into the 1.5 litre pressure hand spray bottle and topped with water. I'm planning a suprise attack in the morning gonna empty the tent and do the trays the pots sit on, the lot. Each plant methodically then back into the tent. Going to have to purchase a third amount of allegedly pesticide. The UK consumer market is often way different from the commercial / industrial one.
IMG_20190915_212840.jpg

See the hood on the left although it is 400w sodium the same as the right hand hood, it's darker as it's not a proper ballast, just an ignitor this is the same as the AC cobs light is, really have reason to finish the DIY cob project.. well waiting on the drivers to arrive from China. . Meanwhile we have lots of good growth. The healthy leaf outnumbers the dying. JUST. Hence the planned morning assault B4 lights off.
IMG_20190915_212725.jpg

Family portrait.
IMG_20190915_121612.jpg

Lemon geranium still flowering outdoors and in my soil mix.
IMG_20190915_212832.jpg
see the shadow at canopy height? And how it seems like it spreads to the left. The unsmoothed ballast kit flickering. Mfrs.

Pyrethrum. Not wot I'd been sold just checked it out online. Yeah I should have already done this. Anyway there's nothing cheaper than 3x what I paid for the stuff that is destroying my flower shoots.:eek:
Shit! The stuff I got ain't pyrethrum. Further more I won't have the real thing for 4to5 days. Plus it's 3 times the price.yippee

Back
Top Bottom