Copperrein's Summer 2021 Outdoor Soil Grow

Only one thing needs to be updated:

The trip is cancelled.

I am so much more calm.

John came to this decision on his own but he did say that he would rather stay here so I can manage what is prolly going to be an incredible harvest than drive half way across the US to show up for someone who isn't there. We'll create our own memorial here.

Ugh...so much weight has been lifted.

I'm switching gears and cleaning up my plants more since I'll be here to actually take final photos. I will get photos of that later (my shoulder and back are still kinda screwed so I'm wearing a TENS unit, which causes my arm to jerk and photos don't work with possessed arms).

John and I have been really getting into hash so we're taking a little of the money set aside for the trip and investing it in a bubble hash washing machine and a crunchy ice maker. Woot!

While I was cleaning up my plants I found the start of PWM on one of my gelatos and my triple cheese. I soaked every inch of every plant with diluted milk and soap. Other than that I've only found two caterpillars and yeah...just playing the 'watch the trichomes' game.

OH...one of my chubby chickens decided LSD was a perch and snapped a branch off. Woo! Early tester weed! I'm trimming that this morning and prolly cobbing most of it. I cobbed some of the Sour Diesel that died/finished early. We smoked some fairly green and it actually f'd us up quite a bit. The buds are so small, however, we'll be turning the rest into hash.

Photos from yesterday:

While I was cleaning up my plants I found the start of PWM on one of my gelatos and my triple cheese. I soaked every inch of every plant with diluted milk and soap. Other than that I've only found two caterpillars and yeah...just playing the 'watch the trichomes' game.

OH...one of my chubby chickens decided LSD was a perch and snapped a branch off. Woo! Early tester weed! I'm trimming that this morning and prolly cobbing most of it. I cobbed some of the Sour Diesel that died/finished early. We smoked some fairly green and it actually f'd us up quite a bit. The buds are so small, however, we'll be turning the rest into hash.

Photos from yesterday:

My heart is stopped for these! Glad to hear you guys made the best out of a canceled vacation! I've never seen an actual hash pressing machine, I wanna see I wanna see!

Thank you <3

It's only ever been me trimming. Granted I haven't had this much to trim before. I pretty much just trim trim trim and cry cry cry, This year I'm only trimming and curing solid colas. Everything else will get run through my crank-operated trimmer and turned into hash and concentrates. I've been watching Frenchie Cannoli hash videos and have been inspired.

I try to take entire plants before the sun comes up (no flushing) and hang them upside down in one of the barns. Last year I cut holes in the bottoms of giant trash bags and hung those over the plants to keep them from drying too quickly and unevenly.

This year I think everyone's too big to get hung whole SO same as above except I pull a plant in the morning...hang it upside down in the shop (high ceilings and a pulley system), break it down into bins sorted by 'quality' and size...focus on the good stuff, process the rest however. My partner John wants to try making charas so a few live colas will be going to that. That one is gonna hurt to watch.

I looked into a trim crew but between fireworks this summer and all the weather chaos, I wasn't even sure (still not) if I'd have a harvest. Plus not keen on randos in my inner sanctum. Oh...and my crippling control issues >.> (IT'S MOSTLY THIS ONE)

Speaking of control issues...am I insane for making a manual on how to care for my plants while I'm gone so that my buddy who also grows weed can do it right? I'm having serious problems being ok with letting someone else take the reins.
I am no where near your line of growing by any means and I still have a notebook out for my girls feeding and care for whoever needs to tend to them God forbid something were to happen to me...I'd have a flipping Grapes Of Wrath sized novel of how tos and do nots in my garden if I were you!!

@oldmanjj Winter's the best season I think.

@Krissi1982 I'll take photos/video. I'm eagerly refreshing the amazon page. How I survived pre-internet shopping, I'll never know. I used to have to wait '4-6 weeks' for stuff to arrive. Just thinking about it hurts.

@Rexer thank you, sir!
Amazon is a life force in itself!

Good morning!

I went out early to check on my ladies and all but White Widow were surprisingly good. There were spots of bud rot on WW, too many to find without tearing into colas so I pulled her and am currently stripping and washing. She smells so fruity, like Juicy Fruit. Hopefully her strong scent means she's still going to make for a decent smoke. I checked her trichomes and they're all cloudy on the more mature buds so those are my focus.

Got White Widow processed. Jar buds are hanging in front of a fan. I'm trying to speed the initial dry before cure because of the potential for botrytis to still be lurking.

I cobbed some and the rest will be cured as hash.

LSD is breaking easily and lost a cola. No signs of bud rot on her or the remaining plants. I'm confounded with Hulkberry. She looks so ready and zooming in on photos I see 30-50% amber to cloudy. Through the loupe...all cloudy. I will admit I am well past due for new glasses (thanks Covid) so I kinda feel like I trust the camera more. BUT....but but but...she really shouldn't be ready to harvest yet...but she did flower really early.

Anyhoo...I think the shit weather is finally done for at least a week and I hope the girls will start really plumping now.

Found two more spots of bud rot on different plants. Exorcised the demons accordingly. Hulkberry is smelling like farts and really bad beer. Wedding Cake is finally getting properly 'frosted' aaaand everyday I am struggling to not trick myself into harvesting too early.

Found two more spots of bud rot on different plants. Exorcised the demons accordingly. Hulkberry is smelling like farts and really bad beer. Wedding Cake is finally getting properly 'frosted' aaaand everyday I am struggling to not trick myself into harvesting too early.

I love your olfactory descriptions. Amazing field of dreams you have Copper...love to see whatever you post

Back
Top Bottom