Copperrein's 2021 Hubby Medicine With NextLight: Snowcaine & Trainwreck Indoor Soil, Oh Dear

Looking great! The prescription blend nutrients seems to be wonderful.

Whatever you're doing keep it up, you've become quite the pro and I'm quite jealous how you can go from soil to hydro to outdoor and never skip a beat!

I got a nice complement on the Plus Pro lights, @NextLight You might have a new customer <3

Right! So the plan for vacation is dim the lights, wrap the fabric pots loosely in something to limit moisture loss, stop feeding two weeks prior, and hope something horrible doesn't happen. My friend will be coming to check on the girls every three or so days so I mean...they should be 100% ok. >.>

Hi Copper, took me a while but I made it and I'm glad! This is turning into a great grow! Hope the Hub gains some way in better health with these meds!
I'm a huge fan of @NextLight having a Mega and a Core. Both incredible lights! Besides being a top light they have the nicest people to work with. I have to tell you I'm so jelly over your 420h! Now that's the light to have for a 3 x 3 tent in my opinion! My dream is to have one one day for my 3 x 3! It just doesn't get better! See ya :hookah: round!

I'm hoping that the two Snowcaines fill out their nets by next week. I want to switch this tent to flower before I go on vacation.

While I'm on vacation my friend will be watching my plants. I plan to loosely wrap the fabric pots with tin foil to help reduce water loss through the sides of the pots. Scrogging in a 4x4 is so much more fun than a 2x4. It looks so huge. Expansive. Lush.

So I'm curious...is there a way to know the total color temperature of these grow lights? It would make post-processing my photos a ton easier if I had reference for white balance. Pulling off stuff in the tent is hard because everything is so reflective.

On to the update:

My brain has decided to hyper-focus on the perceived slow growth of my Snowcaines vs. my Trainwrecks. Yes yes, they're two different strains and yes I know they don't look sick...I'm going to do some soil inspection today and see if everything is kosher in the root ball.

I know it sounds dumb but I have this nagging idea that the growth isn't symmetrical and there's something in the soil causing it. The soil I built deffo needs some work in the long-term moisture retention department...or maybe it's just a con of the fabric pots. Whatever the cause imma be shoving fingers into my ladies later :D

Archer: 'Phrasing'

Also... the @NextLight Plus Pro lights still make me giddy every morning. They're just....unf.

I meant to set up a time lapse at the start of this grow. I forgot until now when I found the little tripod I had purchased waaay back when. Oops.

I also think I have a super awesome 'trash punk' fix for the issue of the fabric pots drying too quickly.... kitchen bin bags with the pull string closure: I should be able to cut the bottoms open in the trash bags....shimmy them under each plant, pull them up like a hash bag, and just cinch the closer ribbon things loosely around the base of the main stem.

I really need to spend more time thinking about stuff before installing SCroG nets. Like... really really.

Bitter sweet glad to have you! I grow my scrogs about 6 inches before I flip.
Thank you! One vote for 6"! It's so hard not to flip now but I promised myself I'd let this one go a little longer just to see for myself how extra veg time affects flower.

I'm not upset about not going to a funeral. They're for the living and I find the whole 'look at a dead body' thing a terrible way to remember someone. We'll be doing our own personal little dia de los muertos remembrance altars for loved ones soon. It's a much more life-centered meditation on those past.

Thank you! One vote for 6"! It's so hard not to flip now but I promised myself I'd let this one go a little longer just to see for myself how extra veg time affects flower.

I'm not upset about not going to a funeral. They're for the living and I find the whole 'look at a dead body' thing a terrible way to remember someone. We'll be doing our own personal little dia de los muertos remembrance altars for loved ones soon. It's a much more life-centered meditation on those past.
I find giving them that, gives them much more to give back. You may need to hold them up with a screen or whatever after budding.
Yes funerals are for us survivors in my house too. Getting together is plain difficult today! Talking with folks and having a remembrance is awesome! :love:

Back
Top Bottom