Copperrein's 2021 Hubby Medicine With NextLight: Snowcaine & Trainwreck Indoor Soil, Oh Dear

What happened?
Went wildly leggy, had to HST it all over the place - not at all pretty and got a pathetic yield
I fekin hate leggy plants; should have taken a dozen clones and done a SOG but we live and learn...

Went wildly leggy, had to HST it all over the place - not at all pretty and got a pathetic yield
I fekin hate leggy plants; should have taken a dozen clones and done a SOG but we live and learn...
Oooo...thank you for the heads up. I've got a Dr. Grinspoon in another grow right now that I think is going to be a psycho. Well all three of them. Should be entertaining.

Call me soppy but I hate twisting up plants - is it just me?
Oh, and why have you changed your avatar?
I much prefer the old one, not that your purpose in life is to please me with your avatar on a weed blog...
I love beating up plants.

The photo is just hilarious to me. The poor fly, the pastel hues and otherwise cheery image, the horrible story it tells. I picked the flower the fly was on and tossed it in the light tent. This is the result.

I love beating up plants.

The photo is just hilarious to me. The poor fly, the pastel hues and otherwise cheery image, the horrible story it tells. I picked the flower the fly was on and tossed it in the light tent. This is the result.
Your second sentence is almost poetic, very Wilfred Owen

I will repeat: soil is scary. Somehow the Twenty20 Mendo girls are surviving. Did you guys know that when you grow in soil inside, YOU have to water the plants? The magical water poofs in the sky don't work indoors. Boom...did y'all a knowledge right thur!

I have continued to top the Snowcaines and Trainwrecks. The first lady is going to be an odd number of mains because I pinched half a node off trying to get an under-leaf off. Oops.

Trainwreck is loving the heat and abuse. I may do one more topping but both are filling out beautifully. The snowcaines can prolly do with two or three more selective toppings (pinching back dominant branches so the less dominant ones have time to catch up). There's going to be obvious growth rate differences BUT...since I'm running two @NextLight Plus Pro bar lights I can easily adjust them to match the two different strains.

Watered everyone this morning. It was already nearly 80f in the grow room. I've been waking up 4-5am ish just to get work done before it gets too hot to do stuff. One nice thing about cotton mouth is it reminds me to drink copious amounts of water.

The tent these ladies are in is 6 or 7 feet tall so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to maximize the height in veg to allow for huge colas in flower? Should I get all the scrog set, let them grow a couple weeks, and then flip or would it make more sense to do the same but let them veg longer after scrog?

Everything is going well in my @NextLight tent. I'm getting plant care and schedule for flipping and all that in order prior to an upcoming trip. Tempted to be a little lax from here in terms of topping and training. I have a lot of room for vertical growth and a limited amount width-wise. Mebbe I'll aim for fewer colas that are larger.

I've been slacking off a lot these past few days. I popped a hole in our AC unit's coolant line trying to fix it so we had a couple really not happy days and I mostly laid about sweating and complaining.

NOW...it's like 58f. This is my ideal mental nutrient uptake temp.

But yeah...been slacking so the @NextLight girls have gone a little wild. I'll be tying them down in the next couple days and installing the scrog. Plans for New Mexico are still up in the air so planning on when to flip is pointless right now.

I wish it came in photoperiod.

Hi. I was just doing a search on Dark Devil and ran across your comment above. Big Devil XL Auto is one of the parents of Dark Devil and there is a Big Devil XL photoperiod plant and the high is exactly like Dark Devil but gives you tons more yield. The Big Devil XL photoperiod plant was also developed by Sweet Seeds. When I've used up my 50 Dark Devil seeds, I'm planning on no longer growing DDA and will be sticking with Big Devil XL going forward. :battingeyelashes:

Hi. I was just doing a search on Dark Devil and ran across your comment above. Big Devil XL Auto is one of the parents of Dark Devil and there is a Big Devil XL photoperiod plant and the high is exactly like Dark Devil but gives you tons more yield. The Big Devil XL photoperiod plant was also developed by Sweet Seeds. When I've used up my 50 Dark Devil seeds, I'm planning on no longer growing DDA and will be sticking with Big Devil XL going forward. :battingeyelashes:
Ooooh....thank you! I saw the Big Devil but wasn't sure how similar it would be.

Update on the girls. I fed them just to see what @Prescription Blend would do for them in soil and they exploded:

Any stuff that looks likw PWM is just dried BTk.

Back
Top Bottom