Copperrein's 2021 Hubby Medicine With NextLight: Snowcaine & Trainwreck Indoor Soil, Oh Dear

Morning you got me on the thinking scale last night , so went and found some stuff out and ill share here and my journal
nematode . this will blow your mind ..

. you tube this title

Meet the Most Important Animal You’ve Never Seen:ganjamon:

Morning you got me on the thinking scale last night , so went and found some stuff out and ill share here and my journal
nematode . this will blow your mind ..

. you tube this title

Meet the Most Important Animal You’ve Never Seen:ganjamon:

Dude... Can you just not see my video or is the resolution too low? There were wiggly things I swear.

Bad update: another weird storm blew through last night and we lost power several times in a short span and...

IMG_20210725_063245_983.jpg

I think my dehumidifier died. I discovered it at around 4am and just now woke from a nightmare in which all my plants wilted and got slimy. One of those 'rush rush rush save the world.' type dreams where the outcome can only be stressful failure

:lot-o-toke:

Good update..I think I have my first viable clones:

IMG_20210725_062753_200.jpg

I started these a month? ago when I did some heavy defol on my outdoor plants and then got busy and forgot about them. I 'rediscovered' them yesterday evening and found two had roots. Well spindly thin roots but roots none the less.

I took some of my hot soil and diluted it about 1:1 with washed coco and tried to get their roots down into the media in a generally natural up down orientation. They were very dead looking soon after so I didn't bother to post photos.

This morning while I was trying to reset breakers and shake my dehumidifier to life, I popped my head in the tent and there they were... upright. Does this mean they'll live? Holy crap now what?

The dehumidifier, though. I'll be tearing it apart shortly in an attempt to find an internal fuse or something. If not maybe delonghi sells parts.

Worse case scenario anyone got recommendations for a good replacement/backup? Redundancy is something I lack and something I should probably fix.

This weather is bullshit. It's messing with my indoor plants now.

The weather is BS for sure. Redundancy is good but, perhaps better would be a whole house surge suppressor. That way all of your appliances are protected. Heck, with the crap that's been going on here, I'm thinking a natural gas generator with an automatic transfer switch may be in order. That gets expensive though.........

The weather is BS for sure. Redundancy is good but, perhaps better would be a whole house surge suppressor. That way all of your appliances are protected. Heck, with the crap that's been going on here, I'm thinking a natural gas generator with an automatic transfer switch may be in order. That gets expensive though.........
Yeah, we're planning on getting an electrician in this fall. We're still on the old screw-type fuses and while I've rewired a lot of the barn, there's still a fair amount of that tar-covered wiring up and I wont touch the breaker boxes. A surge protector is on the list, as well as a tie in for solar/wind. I'm also thinking about getting some commercial kitchen CO2 fire suppression unit things eventually for the areas with lots of hot stuff running. Right now I just have a bunch of smoke detectors and fire extinguishers but ehhh...

Agreed, a commercial C02 fire suppression unit will be a great addition.
Screw type fuses? Yeah, get someone in to replace that stuff ASAP, that is a priority.

I will be adding soon, I have room in my box and am comfortable wiring. I'll be adding a few more 120 and 240 v dedicated circuits. I'm also going to add another valve off my sprinkler line before the shutoff so I can stop lugging water and add a proper filter to get rid of chlorine and fluoride in my water. This hobby is turning out to be quite expensive.

Agreed, a commercial C02 fire suppression unit will be a great addition.
Screw type fuses? Yeah, get someone in to replace that stuff ASAP, that is a priority.

I will be adding soon, I have room in my box and am comfortable wiring. I'll be adding a few more 120 and 240 v dedicated circuits. I'm also going to add another valve off my sprinkler line before the shutoff so I can stop lugging water and add a proper filter to get rid of chlorine and fluoride in my water. This hobby is turning out to be quite expensive.
But but...I can just stick a penny in the hole to make the light juice go brrrrrr :D (110% not doing that and nor should anyone else). I feel like getting the setup right is pricy but then it's done with and worth it? I've had so many hobbies where I cheaped out in the beginning and paid for it later. I'm trying to not jerry-rig everything now. I just don't want to ever have to fight a fire in this beautiful yet very wooden and very old barn.

Ok...found what I think is a GFCI breaker in the power supply area of the dehumidifier, as well as the one on the plug for the dehumidifier. I did like the Navy taught me and mashed buttons until it worked! Kinda...it's only running in fan mode right now so it still needs work. I recall my mom had a hairdryer in the 80's that would always pop breakers and she had a routine to get everything working again. Kinda like down up down up B B A A Select but for Conair instead of Nintendo.

Freakshow is getting her freak on. I'll be starting a new journal for her and her special guest today.

I didn't expect her to show the frilly leaf trait right off the bat! So very cool.

The Trainwrecks and Snowcaines are doing what babies do:

Last night I also fed DDA since I can't not mess with stuff. I gave her 40ml per gal of Terpinator and 10ml of CalMag per gallon with some Earth Alive mycos. Fed about 3/4 of a gallon. New stigma are still popping and hopefully I can get a little more sugar on her buds before she's done.

Ok, I'm going to go fix myself a cone and try to calm down before continuing work on the dehumidifier. It wouldn't be such a pisser if it wasn't going to be almost 90f with 85% humidity. I am not a skinny person and I definitely do not like humid heat. I joke that I'm half neanderthal genetically and will thrive once we hit the new ice age. Right now? 0% thrive happening.

Good morning ladybird :)

Your photography is on fleeeeeeeeek!

Sorry to hear about your bad weather, and your live dirt makes my stomach nauseous! I just can’t even deal!
I LOVE YOUR FACE (waves in socially-challenged)

Omg...Tra...yesterday was a massive cock up.

UPDATE:

Yeah so the heat and humidity. I battled with the dehumidifier most of the morning. Tons of cat hair waaaay deep down, the nylon squirrel cage fan that blows the dry air out lost its set screw and wasn't even turning. Fixed all that and watched the room until after lunch.

Go back up and it's hotter in the grow room than outside in the uninsulated 'attic' area of the barn. The hell? The exhaust duct fell off because the adhesive on the tape got too warm and just turned into snot. The bastard had been pumping hot air in :|

I lost freakshow and the clones.

Somehow my four medicine babies didn't even really notice. I did have to water them this morning but they're still kicking. I'm eyeballing those 'mini split' systems that are sold by one of our sponsors. If anyone has experience with them, please tell me how well they work. My gut isn't 100% sure that the dehumidifier is actually fixed and I want something that's going to last and not give me the old 'fu' when I need it the most.

DDA is fine.

I started two more of each Grinspoon (first bean failed to pop) and Freakshow. I'm not even going to post them here since they're destined for a different grow but holy shit this week has been super poopy.

Ok...found what I think is a GFCI breaker in the power supply area of the dehumidifier, as well as the one on the plug for the dehumidifier. I did like the Navy taught me and mashed buttons until it worked! Kinda...it's only running in fan mode right now so it still needs work. I recall my mom had a hairdryer in the 80's that would always pop breakers and she had a routine to get everything working again. Kinda like down up down up B B A A Select but for Conair instead of Nintendo.

Freakshow is getting her freak on. I'll be starting a new journal for her and her special guest today.

I didn't expect her to show the frilly leaf trait right off the bat! So very cool.

The Trainwrecks and Snowcaines are doing what babies do:

Last night I also fed DDA since I can't not mess with stuff. I gave her 40ml per gal of Terpinator and 10ml of CalMag per gallon with some Earth Alive mycos. Fed about 3/4 of a gallon. New stigma are still popping and hopefully I can get a little more sugar on her buds before she's done.

Ok, I'm going to go fix myself a cone and try to calm down before continuing work on the dehumidifier. It wouldn't be such a pisser if it wasn't going to be almost 90f with 85% humidity. I am not a skinny person and I definitely do not like humid heat. I joke that I'm half neanderthal genetically and will thrive once we hit the new ice age. Right now? 0% thrive happening.
You were a squid? Me too! I was actually a bubblehead, it sounded like an adventure To my 18 year self. More like being locked in a cramped house with no windows with smart and very odd people…

UPDATE:

Yeah so the heat and humidity. I battled with the dehumidifier most of the morning. Tons of cat hair waaaay deep down, the nylon squirrel cage fan that blows the dry air out lost its set screw and wasn't even turning. Fixed all that and watched the room until after lunch.

Go back up and it's hotter in the grow room than outside in the uninsulated 'attic' area of the barn. The hell? The exhaust duct fell off because the adhesive on the tape got too warm and just turned into snot. The bastard had been pumping hot air in :|

Somehow my four medicine babies didn't even really notice. I did have to water them this morning but they're still kicking. I'm eyeballing those 'mini split' systems that are sold by one of our sponsors. If anyone has experience with them, please tell me how well they work. My gut isn't 100% sure that the dehumidifier is actually fixed and I want something that's going to last and not give me the old 'fu' when I need it the most.

DDA is fine.

I started two more of each Grinspoon (first bean failed to pop) and Freakshow. I'm not even going to post them here since they're destined for a different grow but holy shit this week has been super poopy.
Ever smoked that Freakshow before?

You were a squid? Me too! I was actually a bubblehead, it sounded like an adventure To my 18 year self. More like being locked in a cramped house with no windows with smart and very odd people…
Yes! Surface on the Aegis destroyer Winston S. Churchill. I ran Aegis and the BFTT and maintained all the associated equipment. Oh man, subs are so cool. I bombed my nuke test because as a chick I only had the option of being on a carrier. Had I been able to go sub, I would have. Looking back I was also assuming it would be more of an adventure. Glad that didn't happen :D couple of my friends are ex-sub dudes and none of them had great experiences. No bad incidents...just...stuck in a steel tube for months and rare port calls got old quick.

UPDATE: The dehumidifier is officially dead. It's like the motor's bogging down physically...like the rotor's binding on the case or stator. Whatever...it's D E D ded. For now I'm running up and checking on the temp (92f) every hour or so. I've propped the door to the room open with a box fan pulling air out. The big finger-chopper attic exhaust is pulling hot air out of the entire upstairs and I hope this will be enough until I can go dig out a spare window unit and MacGuyver the hell out of it...or until I bite the old bullet and just buy another portable unit.

Edit: Oops, didn't see your second comment, @DeeBoy . No I have not. Aside from what I've grow since Michigan went legal I've only tried my friend's Grape Soda which was meh and his sister's E-Dab pen thing, sour diesel, which was also meh.

I bombed my nuke test because as a chick I only had the option of being on a carrier.
That’s such BS. It’s a bit unbelievable to me that women have only been allowed to serve on subs in the past 10 years or so. My hubby is a retired bubblehead and we met when his sub was in overhaul in the shipyard. I was a welder and worked on numerous sensitive projects on his boat, but when it came time for sea trials I was replaced by some dude who hadn’t even worked on it. I was so pissed. :straightface:

UPDATE:

DDA is fine.

Good morning Ladybird :)

I thought I took it down. I only put it up quickly to show my bestie how Mong I can be - it was a video, doesn’t matter. It was funny tho in a cringe kind of way LOLLLLL

You haven’t lost them yet. I believe while there is green there is hope. I love taking a half dead plant, and plant of any kind really and loving and caring for them to make them magnificent. It’s prolly some plant based mental illness.

@BooWho2 whoa... ok first I'm girl crushing because not only do you weld...you worked on subs. But not being able to go to sea trials on the boat you helped to build...wtf. Was it fast attack or boomer?

@Trala they're no longer green :D I gave them a chance in the tent and they expired.

Update:

The four medicine babies are going vroom vroom. I am going to sit down and try to figure my vpd in there today and how I can use it to make the environment more acceptable to the plants. Snowcaine #1 already has a ton of roots growing...nice thick ones.

DDA is maybe starting to get some flower-related chlorosis? Seems early. Might feed her later. She's a little lighter in color than I like in flower.

It's supposed to be just as hot today and even more humid. Woo.

Mainly fast attack and a couple of diesels. It was in the early 80s so if the boomers were around they were too new for overhauls perhaps? It was a mostly fun and very interesting job, and it paid well for a youngster like me. :cheesygrinsmiley:
How did you get into welding back then? I can imagine you guys had/have an amazing union? This is so badass...you're awesome <3

Ok, I spent today reading up on VPD, trying to actually understand it. I think I have it? (please, anyone who uses VPD check my math and logic because what I think I figured out seems contrary to how I assume plants like their grow environment).

VPD, or Vapor Pressure Deficit, is difference between how much moisture the air can potentially hold at a specific temp and how much is actually in the air currently. This gets me close but I still need to get my IR thermometer and test the leaf VPD, which is considered more accurate.

I started out by calculating my current SVP, which means Saturation Vapor Pressure, or the maximum amount of water the air can hold before it can't hold anymore, at which point it rains or dews or some other type of precipitation. I used the equation

SVP = 610.78 x e(T / (T +238.3) x 17.2694))

T
is temp in Celsius. I'm maxing out in the low 90's in the grow room so I went with 90, converted to Celsius is 32.2.

e is a mathematical constant known as Euler's Number, which I admit I was happy to see...made me feel like a college kid again. Anyways...for these purposes it's just 2.71828

Plugging all that in gave me an SVP of 4771.73.

Now I needed to use the Saturation Vapor Pressure to find out my specific Vapor Pressure Deficit based on humidity. The equation for that is:

SVP x (1 – RH/100) = VPD

RH is relative humidity. It's divided by, or over, 100 just to turn it into a usable percent. My math ended up as follows:

A.) 4771.72 x (1 - 50/100) = VPD for 50% relative humidity resulting in an answer of 2.39kPa
B.) 4771.72 x (1 – 60/100) = VPD for 60% relative humidity resulting in an answer of 1.9kPa

(A) gives me my VPD when the dehumidifier was running.
(B) gives me my VPD now that it's dead.

Now let's look at an 'ideal VPD range for cannabis' chart that I stole from the web:

As I'm understanding this...my plants should be happier now that the humidity has increased in the room? 1.9kPa is a lot closer to the green zone than my VPD before the dehumidifier went kaput, right?

I will be finding a 9v battery for my surface thermometer at which point I'll get my current leaf VPD and see where I'm at with that. Then I can either turn the lights down or up to nudge my plants into the green zone through increasing/decreasing leaf temperature? Am I understanding this correctly?

All 5 ladies are still happy. I got photos of Snowcaine 1's roots.

Looking good over here Copperrein. That little DDA is a silly little trooper. :cheesygrinsmiley:

How did you get into welding back then? I can imagine you guys had/have an amazing union? This is so badass...you're awesome
I lived in a town where the Shipyard was the biggest employer. I didn’t have the ability to go to college out of high school so I took the Civil Service exam, got a job as a timekeeper in the machine shop, then took the apprenticeship test and got a welding apprenticeship. I was six months away from becoming a journeyman welder (at 23 years old) when I married my squid boyfriend and moved away! And the rest is history…:roorrip:

Look at you going all Good Will Hunting with your numbers and equations.

Lolllingg
Hey now, math is good. CaO2 = (SaO2 x Hgb x 1.34) + (0.003 x PaO2)

UPDATE, got an actual reading for leaf temp and tent humidity and redid the math, I'm sitting at 1.8kPa and while I'm not in the bright green range, I am now in the lime green which makes me less worried. I'm sure there's a moral tale to this debacle but hell, I'm 42...not like I'm gonna learn it now.

Back
Top Bottom