DC's First Indoor Multi-Strain

Alright so with harvest and the joys of drying and curing coming up I need to get a plan in place. I can do what I did before which is just hang dry jn my tent with my exhaust fan on. My filter is clogged a bit so if I hook it back up it should slow down the airflow enough that it doesn't dry the buds out in 5 days like last time. Temps are around 17 to 18c which I think is fine.

I have however come across a fridge drying method somewhere on this forum I wouldn’t mind trying but I can’t find the link. I have a fridge in my garage I could use anyone have any insight on this method?

What’s the gist of it? Trim and remove buds from stems, into paper bags in the crisper and burp the bags daily? How do you know when they are ready for jar curing without the stems to check? Just by feel?

I hang the whole plant for a day or two then remove flowers and put them in paper bags. Once in the fridge a burp daily. A good hygrometer is the way we check for remaining RH.

I have a few of the mini hygrometers should I pop them in the paper bags then to monitor? And I'll be looking for around 62 percent RH before hitting the jars right?

Any idea of temp the fridge should be so I can dial it up or down?

Temp should be fine, I would put a hygrometer in one of the paper bags. When it gets to 62% let it come up to room temp then recheck. The center of the Bud will still have moisture trapped. Allowing it to sit at room temperature will even out the moisture. It may climb back above 62% in that case stick it back in the fridge until it comes back down to 62%.

Is it not risky to be throwing wet buds into a bag in a fridge though? Doesn't feel right lol

You mean that box I threw out immediately.....

Is it not risky to be throwing wet buds into a bag in a fridge though? Doesn't feel right lol
Wet buds from a bud wash have to hang dry first for four hours to be sure the water has dried off. Wet buds from trimming can go straight into the fridge.

Thank you guys both And @Backlipslide and @Pennywise for being so helpful through this journal! I see how busy you guys all over this forum in many peoples journals so I really appreciate it and it has made this grow and starting out in general significantly more enjoyable and easier than it would've been, especially if I only had HippyCanuk to listen too

Your very welcome my friend! :high-five:

Hey been lurking for a little bit and was advised to start a journal as I've kind of hit the oh shit what am I actually getting into moment so here it goes:

Space: 3x3 Tent
Light:One 300w Led, One 600w Led both no name
Medium: 5gal Promix Hp, wanted fox farm soil but the guy was out and I was high and let him convince me to grab 60lbs of this stuff... Lol
Nutes: Advanced Hydroponics Micro, Bloom, Grow some root stimulant granules from the local hydro shop dude and B52 vitamins.
Strain: 1 blueberry dream, 1 hash plant, 2 Torontonian Cookies, all local.

Experience: None! I threw a bunch of plants in the garden outside this summer as it became legal in Canada this year. I barley paid any attention until they got huge and then started to flower. Unfortunately they were in a shady corner and come late summer did not get enough sun and then WPM I battled hard an other issues so the buds were a little airy but I learned a ton and ended up with about 7 ounces of pretty decent weed! Trying to up my game for this one!

I put the blueberry dream in a glass of water Friday night until it sank then jiffy pellets yesterday. Still no sign of it. Hash plant went straight into the jiffy pellet to germinate and popped out within 24 hours. I put the pellet in a little pot with the Promix and watered. . The two TO Cookies from the local shop are germinating tonight. One in paper towel after a 6hr soak the other into a pellet after a 6hr soak.

So yeah I'm a bit all over the map but trying out lots of new things in order to find what I like the best. Still intimidated by the soil less mix but hopefully I pick it up quickly enough.

I got the setup off a dude on Kijiji to test run it before I sink any real money into something. The lights are no name Chinese and I can't find a distance recommendation anywhere. I have the 300w only going right now at 30 inches cautiously over the seedling and figure I'll lower it once it starts vegetative until I see any sign of stress and go from there. Speaking of which... Is it too early to give the seedling light?

Also super stressed about this watering for soil less.. I was planning on watering until I see water come out of the bottom of the pot. Sounds like I also need to feed every single watering every day once past seedling?
Toronttarin keep me posted bro

Toronttarin keep me posted bro

TO1 is damn close and if I spot enough ambers she is getting chopped tomorrow night over a bottle of wine with the wife. So romantic of me.

TO2 is still packing on the weight and pushing new pistils every day with no ambers in sight so I'm gonna let her go another week!
Tune in tonight at lights on, I'll be posting some trich shots and looking for 2nd doctors opinions.

My wife's been on me about professional family photos in the fall. I asked her if we could use the tent as the back drop with these beautiful colours coming in lol! (These are not edited in any way!)
CCD219DC-C0CE-4BF9-8B66-A493E397C43E.jpeg
273B7325-DCA9-402D-8E19-F073A44FA9A4.jpeg
400C1AF1-0C9B-4463-9525-D0359E7A9E22.jpeg
BC62FD6B-9EB8-4E50-875D-2526C1C24BFB.jpeg

...the answer was no....

In other news:

Harry and Megan are blazing their own trail in Canada....just kidding:

Got my 3x3 all setup and test run for the beauty seeds @Kingjoe83 sent me and when my @SeedsMan order arrives!
Temp was steady with a heat pad at 24 to 25 degrees C. Humidity I'm dialling in still but with the humidifier just over half cranked and only a little USB fan sucking air in from an opening in the zipper I'm around 50 to 60%RH.

2D76AA40-08BC-452A-852C-CE4A0F61CB2D.jpeg

I'm just about to run a new thermostat so I can finally wire up the furnace humidifier I Installed so the kids AND the plants can breathe better! What a great father I am.

A neat little panoramic with the Blue Dream out of the way (she's still weeks away...not sure how I'm gonna stick handle her without delaying the next crop, and while using the tent to dry... need a third tent lmao!)
7B15B3E7-7697-4FAC-BD3F-B9C5FE6A32A7.jpeg

second picture looks like it has a nanner- yellow bits
Yup I see it too looks like a banana . I would look for any of those and use tweezers to remove carefully.

Back
Top Bottom