Music in your grow room?

SkooterClowns

I've wondered if playing music in the grow room would have any affect on the resulting harvest, either in quantity or quality.

Has anyone tried it?

Some questions I have to those that may have tried it are:
During flowering vs Vegging vs throughout the whole grow process?
Type of music (I always thought Dark Side of the Moon would be good to try or even Animals but it would def have to be Pink Floyd!)
Did you play it during day or night cycles? or both?

I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts or ideas about this. It's something I may have to try myself after a couple more grows.

They say that talking to plants is good for them but that's probably because of the carbon dioxide expelled during talking. But music does affect our mood so I'm thinkin' it could affect plants and if it can then pipin' in some hippy dippy psychedelic tunes may put some extra punch in the buds?

Or maybe I need to stop smokin' so much of my stash :bong:

I'm surprised you haven't seen the Mythbuster's episode that did something similar to what you're talking about. In their experiment, they subjected 1 kind of plant to different genres of music. Sadly, the never really got to finish their experiment due to some problems but I think what they did come up with is: Heavy Metal seemed to actually help the plants compared to the control. It's believed that since Heavy Metal, is well...heavy, the large sound vibrations did something to help the plant.

I'm pretty sure that you have to play a steady combination of 311, Sublime & Bob Marley for it to increase your yield (w/a heavy emphasis on 311). Otherwise, it's just going to increase your electric bill.

I've read about several controlled experiments where they tested how plants reacted to different types of music. Classical and heavy metal seemed to have the most positive effect. I have been playing music for my ladies since day one. Although since I havent done w/o i cant give a fair comparison. However I would definitly say it doesnt hurt. I'd sound crazy if I told ya that I think the music made my bud more potent...

Well call me pyscho cause it did.. :smokin:

I'm pretty sure that you have to play a steady combination of 311, Sublime & Bob Marley for it to increase your yield (w/a heavy emphasis on 311). Otherwise, it's just going to increase your electric bill.

I have no problem with any of those choices. I may have to try this afterall

:grinjoint:

:yahoo: Hail from hometown of 311!

If I was a plant, those would def be good choices of music for me!

I agree Tokensmoke..I'm not a plant and those are great choices of music for me ;)

(although I have been called "plant like" whatever that means lol)

:ganjamon:

I've read about several controlled experiments where they tested how plants reacted to different types of music. Classical and heavy metal seemed to have the most positive effect. I have been playing music for my ladies since day one. Although since I havent done w/o i cant give a fair comparison. However I would definitly say it doesnt hurt. I'd sound crazy if I told ya that I think the music made my bud more potent...

Well call me pyscho cause it did.. :smokin:

After all these years can you give us your opinion again?
Did you see any difference between music on & off ?
Did you see any difference between genres of music?

Wow another 9 year old thread. That user has not logged in since 2010. I highly doubt they will respond to your question.

That being said, yes music is helpful to your plants. Though not all kinds of music. There is an issue of "Maximum Yield" (apr 2018) which looks into this. They use a 2014 study published in the international journal of environmental science and development as their basis. Along with several other studies from varying institutions for support.

Interestingly enough it sounds like Vedic chants and Indian classical music are some of the best for your plants while playing Rock music in the grow room could actually be decreasing yields.

Wow another 9 year old thread. That user has not logged in since 2010. I highly doubt they will respond to your question.

That being said, yes music is helpful to your plants. Though not all kinds of music. There is an issue of "Maximum Yield" (apr 2018) which looks into this. They use a 2014 study published in the international journal of environmental science and development as their basis. Along with several other studies from varying institutions for support.

Interestingly enough it sounds like Vedic chants and Indian classical music are some of the best for your plants while playing Rock music in the grow room could actually be decreasing yields.

Thank you for reply.
I have seen that issue and yesterday I read that study but I'm not satisfied.
Plants are not same and due of this fact we need an experiment on weed plants.
Also the writer is indian so her claim "indian music best for plants" pushes me to think twice before believe it.

Plants can hear only wavelengths and different wavelengths can be different for them.
Also plants are not act always same. They have different phases in every hour. We're just trying to push all the buttons and skip to the next level in the game. It is useless. We need to move with science and nature.
Giving rain sound while watering can be usefull.
In the begining of the day giving bird sounds can be usefull and canary can sing with 250hz. These sounds are exist in nature so it make sense to me.

Also effect of music can be change with play times. They played for 4 hours a day.
I believe that we need to copy nature enviroment and music should play while only "lights-on"
If they react to sound then I think they will rest too and during light-off time maybe silence will work better. The study didn't include these effects.
It is very hard to understand these effects and it needs a lot of time and effort, I know that. But we're all trying to maximise your yield, to do that, we need to do better experiments in our gardens.

I'm going to put a speaker in my garden and music will play only when lights are on.
I'm going to try these one by one and after my experiment I will share my results;

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-

Even before this thread popped back up I had been thinking about reading that article again. Plans are to find that issue and thanks for including the issue month.

Back
Top Bottom