MVortex's Perpetual Thread For A 4x4 Tent & RDWC

If u can't, dump the hydrotron and put the net pot right into the hempy cup, then fill the net pot with Perlite

That's a good idea. I'll see what happens in a minute.

Um sorry

But think we all need more professional help than just US to keep us sane

:cheesygrinsmiley: :rofl: :rofl: :headbanger: :thumb:

True dat! More like talking me off the ledge, and back into the party. :laugh: :smokin:

Well, the deed is done.

F6E123EF-A7CA-4A44-AA95-F9BCB180B47C.jpeg

Top Left: Blue Dream (Humboldt Seed Org)
Top Right: Durban Poison (Dutch Passion)
Bottom Left & Right: Strawberry Lemonade (Barney's Farm)

Sprout: Dec 4th

So that's that, for a few hours anyway.

Now for the runt.

DAA480CE-47D6-4281-9308-386159358C60.jpeg

This was right before I pulled her out. In 2 days there was some growth, but very little.

2E7CD240-CF56-4AA1-8420-C6013B840E46.jpeg

084B99DC-3DE4-44F3-ABB4-406B0C271EA3.jpeg

I've taken her out and for a couple hours she's going to hang out in the Lab tent. The lights in there are on full blast, but she's probably 30" under them and sitting in the seedling tray on the floor. Obviously she's still in her net pot.

Whatever I do with her will have to be in a little while. We've had company show up, so kind of difficult to be occupied elsewhere without being rude, and also them wondering where I've run off to.

Anyway, here is a close up of her right now. For reference, it's a 5.5" net pot. I do not see any additional root growth since I last looked early yesterday. However, she has shown very minimal growth since her last pic over 2 days ago. But just barely, and very, very slow.

Her coloring looks alright, and it's not like the cotyledons are used up, burned up, or anything like that. The no visible root growth through the net pot is concerning though, but they may be slow like the top. They could even be the reason the top is slow. I'll know more about the roots when I can move her out of the net pot in a bit.

I'm not sure if the minuscule bit of growth is false hope or not. It's not a bad sign like she is withering on the vine, but again, look at the first shot in this post to see just how far behind the rest she really is.

Check out her replacement in the bottom left. She's been sitting in my Lab tent in the seedling tray setup, in nothing but the rapid rooter she broke ground in. She'll have her feet in the drink in a matter of days.

Now to figure out what specifically I want to do with the runt, and where to put her.

I guess the easiest thing for now is the solo cup and perlite, sitting in a tray. Ala hempy style. I'll have to dig into that right quick, just to refresh my memory of it and make sure I don't go fucking it up. :rofl:

Another realistic option is her own solo DWC bucket. Space is a concern with that, though.

Here is what I have at my disposal, for reference:

1) 4-gallon square buckets, earmarked for a dutch bucket setup. (including all parts to build it out)

2) 5-gallon buckets, integrated net pot lids, air pump(s), etc for DWC

3) 10-gallon, square fabric pots (not sure I have enough promix right now though, but she wouldn't start in 10gal anyway)

4) 7-gallon, round fabric pots

5) Spare "in case of emergency" blurple light, which would veg her just fine, probably even flower her well.

6) 4ft dual bulb T5's

7) 4ft dual strip LED's (5k)

8) Vermiculite, perlite, a little promix hp.

9) Misc parts and supplies to support any and all of the above, and then some.

What I'm out of is space in the longer term, as my backup tent is in use by someone else in need to try and help them get started. In the short term, I can put a smaller start up in either tent. That won't last too long as the plants already occupying those tents will put the halt on that in a few weeks.

I could maybe fake a setup in the bathroom where my RO setup is going. Temp in there is good, but odor control would be an issue in a few weeks.

More rambling in a few minutes.

Ugh... company just left. Trying to decide if I have the motivation to mess with this tonight or not. lol

Well, I had to do something. Surprisingly, it was less than what I planned on doing.

Why?

What I thought was a bag of perlite was another bag of vermiculite. Upon discovering that, I was tempted for a minute to expand some coco and mix it up. I also was tempted to pop her into some promix, but again, refrained.

However I stayed the course, and left the GDP in her net pot. I did stick the net pot in a tupperware with about 1" of nute water in the bottom. That will keep it moist enough overnight and until I can get to the store tomorrow.

Although I will admit I'm tempted to just put her in a solo DWC bucket and go from there. Mainly because I'm not sure if I can get to the store tomorrow as I have 1500 other things on my plate as well.

So we'll have to see what happens I guess. If at all possible, I'll hit it. If I can't, well, I'm not sure.

Well, I think I have a small window to run out for a bag of perlite. Not sure if I'll transfer to a 5gal bucket, or a 4gal square bucket. I have both. Also thought about a 2.5gal bucket, but would have to stop at the hydro store for one of those. Might do it anyway. Would come in handy now and then.

I did find time, and I think I'm set.

2cuft bag of perlite, couple 3.5gal buckets, saucer/elevator for the bucket.

The solo cup setup is going to go into the RDWC tent. The open water in the solo cup/tupperware is running my humidity up in the Lab tent a bit, and it's about time to get it down under 50% as flowering is beginning in there.

Once I get it into a bucket, it should be better and will go in the lab tent. If the runt survives and gets to actually vegging and such, there will be at least one of the autos completed if not a couple by the time she's of any size to need a little space.

Looks like I've got some more work to be gettin done. Damn, this list is gettin a little long. :laugh:

Yep.

I got some pork that's probably 30 minutes from coming off the pit, so trying to not get in the middle of something until then. Got a pair of briskets on too, but they've got another 6 or 7 hours probably. So a good window between to prick around in the garden.

Back
Top Bottom