MVortex's Perpetual Thread For A 4x4 Tent & RDWC

Confirmed: the 3 girls got roots well into the water.

Runt: I think I saw a little white tip sticking out of the net pot, but up at the top of the recessed area in the net pot, so still a couple inches away from the drink.

I still just don't know what to do with her. She's going to be way behind, and already growing so sloooowwwwww as it is.

@Pennywise @Jack420 @Chris Scorpio ... any thoughts on the runt of the litter?

43bd7c95-8f75-458d-953c-f4a78578a8bc-jpeg.2008990

ea6002c8-2d6a-4408-9d20-cdd59f664a88-jpeg.2008991

These plants are all the same age. The runt popped a day after, and has been a snail since. I have a second strawberry lemonade plant that is about the same size as the others.

The runt is growing, but barely.

She will catch up brother trust

I dunno. I'm in a bit of a "panic" over her. She's 16 days old, as are the others. At this rate, she'll be 3" tall and the others will done been chopped. :laugh:

The second I'm saving back, just in case, is another strawberry lemonade and she's strong and ready. She's have roots to the water in a couple days. Tempting to move the runt out. She just doesn't seem to want to do anything.

It may be ok in the long run, but I haven't encountered something this slow before. :(

I dunno. I'm in a bit of a "panic" over her. She's 16 days old, as are the others. At this rate, she'll be 3" tall and the others will done been chopped. :laugh:

The second I'm saving back, just in case, is another strawberry lemonade and she's strong and ready. She's have roots to the water in a couple days. Tempting to move the runt out. She just doesn't seem to want to do anything.

It may be ok in the long run, but I haven't encountered something this slow before. :(
Have u been top feeding it at all ?

She is not being top fed. She was moved to the RDWC a week ago. There is more than enough micro bubbles keeping things damp enough to make it through though.

Prior to the RDWC she was in my seedling station. She was far enough behind that the others went into the RDWC almost a week earlier. (The other 3 went into the RDWC on the 10th, this runt went in on the 16th.)

I think they call it dudding, it’s caused by a virus. If she don’t take off soon and you have other seeds to pop I would consider culling her.

Seeds? Heck, I've got a plant with roots hanging that is ready to take her place. :D :D :D

In the past 5 days, she may have added 1/10th of an inch to the size (length wise) of her first true pair. Daytime temps in that tent are 73F-74F, give or take, with nighttime being 66F-68F. Humidity is running about 50%, maybe 48% from time to time.

This wasn't new behavior since being in the RDWC, she's been like this since popping. She doesn't look sick, but she sure isn't going anywhere fast at all.

Here's a brief history of her time since sprouting.

- She was popped above by the morning of Dec 5th. (The others popped on the 3rd/4th.)

- She took almost 3 days to open her cotyledons.

- On the 13th, she had her first set, although really small.

- Here we are, 10 days later and she's barely grown much in that time.

Compared to the others, in the same environment, they were 2x-3x her current size on their 3rd/4th day, and she is now starting day 18.

I'm almost convinced to move her out and let her try it somewhere else. Keyword: almost. It's a tough call to make. :(

i just made that tough decision with a similar bean . Never had a problem with seeds and now 2 supposed gg4 that I spent wayy too much money for that are not really gg4 because I read it's only available via clones might end up on the compost pile. :(
Culling a plant is bad juju ..I hope it works out !

I have one now who has been really slow

About a day difference
1221190845.jpg

Scoop a cup of water from the rezz, top water her a couple times a day
Also try to get the water upto the bottom of the net pot if u can for a couple days

As like Penny said, if she has a virus, like a had with 3 others, think it was my soil from sitting out on the surface of the sun, try moving her to fresh soil, or like I did, Hempy, if yer determined to save her, like I was

Two are bouncing back so far in Hempy
1221190845d.jpg

I have one now who has been really slow

About a day difference
1221190845.jpg

Scoop a cup of water from the rezz, top water her a couple times a day
Also try to get the water upto the bottom of the net pot if u can for a couple days

As like Penny said, if she has a virus, like a had with 3 others, think it was my soil from sitting out on the surface of the sun, try moving her to fresh soil, or like I did, Hempy, if yer determined to save her, like I was

Two are bouncing back so far in Hempy
1221190845d.jpg
This is solid advice imo.

I'm not sure if she is worth saving or not.

The hydroton and rapid rooter are moist, so that's good. Water level is right to the bottom of the net pot. When I looked at her yesterday morning, she was just starting to put roots through the net pot in the center. The center is indented to make the riser part, and that part is about 2" above the water. If the roots follow a similar path as the others, they will keep going through the hydroton to the bottom instead of straight down through the center.

If she is worth saving, I don't really have anywhere to try and put her. I have things I can put her in, sure, but no where to really grow her out. The Lab tent is full, and getting fuller by the hour as those start the stretch. She would fit in there for a few weeks, but then would be getting pushed out for sure. Just no real room in there for her to veg much, and that tent won't really have any open spots soon as it's just starting to flower.

I will check her root action again in a bit, and if it hasn't done better since I last checked 24hrs ago, I will probably pull her. I'm not sure that gambling with 1/4 of the harvest from the tent is the right thing to do, nor is this the right plant to gamble with.

I'm just not very confident in her at this point. It's been a battle with her every hour for the 18 days she's been going.

Yet I'm back to whether or not to try and find somewhere to put her. Whether to actually grow her out, or just to see what happens and use it as an experimental learning tool.

I personally can't kill plants

Hell..... My goopies issue drove me nuts, had just one Amnesia Haze free seed going

Turned everything off, went on vacation for 10 days

Came back, little girl was still alive, grew 6" in that time

Stuck her in Hempy, straight to flower... In two weeks she was bouncing back amazingly, cut two clones from her then

Turned out to be one of the best things I've ever done
One clone, in DWC, git me 11+ oz of the densest, best Sativa

Ya just never know

I had great results, with my goopies girls, going into soil or Hempy...

They seem to destress and flourish

And actually, just checked, I put the Amnesia Haze in some old used FFOF soil not Hempy, no nutes for a week or three

I vote save her

Hell..... My goopies issue drove me nuts, had just one Amnesia Haze free seed going

Stuck her in Hempy, straight to flower... In two weeks she was bouncing back amazingly, cut two clones from her then

Ya just never know
I get it man. A little over 2 weeks ago I had all my plants pulled out of the room sitting in kitchen bowls, their roots totally covered in thickKK slime with most of the roots falling off into the bowls. Lights off everything shut down. But a very long soak in h202 was enough to get them thriving again. Amazing plants.

Ya just never know

I'm the same way. I hate giving up a good, viable plant. I mean can do it when I pop 2 seeds and pick the stronger one, just to make sure I have a seed pop. To me that's different than this though. Even then, if both seeds pop and are strong, it makes it tough to ditch one. :(

If you can find another space just see what she does.

I guess I'll have to find something. Maybe I can fake it in the shower long enough for there to be room in a tent or something. I can put her in a solo DWC bucket, a dutch bucket, hempy, wick, swick, anything other than where she is currently residing. :laugh:

Well, I could keep her there for a little longer if anyone thought it could work out. I'm not sure it would though, and then I would still have that strong strawberry lemonade to contend with.

I had great results, with my goopies girls, going into soil or Hempy...

They seem to destress and flourish

And actually, just checked, I put the Amnesia Haze in some old used FFOF soil not Hempy, no nutes for a week or three

I vote save her

Hate the goopies. They're the worst. Thankfully, knock on wood, they haven't came back. Granted I can still taste a little bleach first thing in the morning from the whole ordeal (kidding :laugh:) but so far so good and the roots on the other plants are white AF.

I'm not sure how, but I'll give saving her a shot. At least for a while, just to see.

I'll put her in something, just not sure what (or where) yet.

Solo cup right on top of yer DWC girls

Easy peasy

I think I still have a bag of perlite. I know for sure I have vermiculite, but pretty sure I still have a good bit of perlite too. So looks like it's time to pop holes in a solo cup and hempy it up. Provided I can get her out of the net pot without trashing her.

Going to wash up a fresh load of hydroton for the strawberry lemonade, and get that ready. Get her into the setup, then mess with getting the runt into the solo.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me sane. I didn't want to jump the gun on moving her out, but also didn't want her to end up on her second or third node when the others were ready to flower.

Back
Top Bottom