My 1st Medical Grow - Thanks To NukeHeads

Good job though buds look good... Getting mites the first run is just bad luck... My damn mites came back too this grow so I harvested early to prevent a mess of bugs. Thankfully so far only one plant had been infected and it was at the very start I didn't even see any during trim. Hopefully I and you can keep them away next grow.

Update.

Ok I washed my buds and they are hanging in my bedroom I'm guessing tomorrow I take them down and then cut them off there stems and put buds into jars to cure for 2 weeks?

I'm so nervous but also excited!

Only issue so far. When I came home
The fan leaves were so dry that they crumble. I did the cold and Luke warm water wash as suggested. I'm dying to smoke a bowl but I know the buds are not ready yet.

I have one jar so I think it will all fit in there. Especially since the buds will shrink.

Since the nuke is small. I'm not too worried about messing up too much. I'm more worried about my ATF. There is a lot of buds on her! Hard as a rock!

Guys I couldn't of done it with out all of you. Thank you again. I can't wait to close this thread and start up a new journal.

Hey do we get prizes for completed journals!? .......... I liked having a sponsor!

I can't wait to smoke this nuke! Anyone out there smoke a nuke yet? How's the effects?

You most certainly do get a prize, but you have to dry and cure it first! Lol the next thing you'll love is doing it again! Don't rush the drying process, that will be the determining factor most of the time, of how your buds are going to taste. Well, that's half the battle, really. You did a great job brother and the next one will be even better .

Update.

Ok I washed my buds and they are hanging in my bedroom I'm guessing tomorrow I take them down and then cut them off there stems and put buds into jars to cure for 2 weeks?

I'm so nervous but also excited!

Only issue so far. When I came home
The fan leaves were so dry that they crumble. I did the cold and Luke warm water wash as suggested. I'm dying to smoke a bowl but I know the buds are not ready yet.

I have one jar so I think it will all fit in there. Especially since the buds will shrink.

Since the nuke is small. I'm not too worried about messing up too much. I'm more worried about my ATF. There is a lot of buds on her! Hard as a rock!

Guys I couldn't of done it with out all of you. Thank you again. I can't wait to close this thread and start up a new journal.

Hey do we get prizes for completed journals!? .......... I liked having a sponsor!

I can't wait to smoke this nuke! Anyone out there smoke a nuke yet? How's the effects?
You might want to do a little more homework on drying and curing Jay. I don't think you'll want to put them into jars tomorrow. You'll just end up with bud rot. Even if the outsides of the buds are crispy the moisture inside of them will cause then to rot.

Ooh good catch I didn't realize he was jarring tm, definitely five days minimum. They will seem dryer than you want them when they are the right kinda dry. The buds will pop off the stem when dry enough for jars without running a string down the stem. If you want them to dry faster, take the buds off the bigger stems and dry them like that on a rack or screen, paper bag, lots of ways to do it. If you wanna leave them on the mains in cola form, plan for 5-7 days. Humidity and airflow also effect the rate at which they'll dry. If it's super low, (humidity) which I'm betting it is right now, it may take less time. Airflow should be present but indirect and subtle. Please read up as much as free time allows.

image19899.jpeg

Hanging nuke.

I will keep reading. On what to do in 24hrs of hanging. I'm getting mixed stuff on here and YouTube. It seems everyone has a different way to do it.

The biology is the same but yes, there are so many ways to do it. MYbe we can get some homies in here and try to tailor a jayandfun dry method. Want to hand the whole plant for a week? Or do you want a quicker dry, slight sacrifice in Terpene content. Want to do it like the pros have been lately and brown bag em in the fridge for ten days? Lol

What's the humidity and temps where you're planning to dry them?

Also, having never bud washed, am I correct in remembering the possibility of the plant drying faster when this is performed?

The biology is the same but yes, there are so many ways to do it. MYbe we can get some homies in here and try to tailor a jayandfun dry method. Want to hand the whole plant for a week? Or do you want a quicker dry, slight sacrifice in Terpene content. Want to do it like the pros have been lately and brown bag em in the fridge for ten days? Lol

Also, having never bud washed, am I correct in remembering the possibility of the plant drying faster when this is performed?

Yes please homies help!! This forum is amazing but there are so many ways to do this and it's scary!! I don't know what way would be best.

Too be honest. I'm looking for quick dry. No one is smoking it but me. Humidity is 60 and my temp is 68-72.

I just want it to smell and smoke like a real bud. Right now it has a plant smell. Not a ganja smell.

I will gladly wait a week if it will be better! I waited this long and I want to let you all know how she smokes! :)

Okay you want humidity ideally to be a little lower than that for drying so you can use airflow to combat that. Nothing direct, just movement of air. Nothing stagnant. Quick dry, remove the buds from the big stem and they will dry faster than hanging full colas. A drying rack is ideal for that but you can improvise, surely. Mrs G likes the paper bag method. I prefer to hang colas for a longer dry, but sometimes to promote even drying I'll take them off the stem after a few days of hanging before I jar.

Congrats on your harvest Jay, you done great job. Don't rush the drying, let hang at least 5 days as Growchy was saying. I rushed the drying process onc on a outdoor plant and I'll never do it again cause it effects everything imo, smell, taste, and potency all will suffer. You've waited this long so you want bud to be of best quality and another week won't hurt lol. I'm looking forward to a smoke report on the Nuke...️

So after 5 days of hanging. I put in the jar? How long would leave in jar until I can smoke? Or can I smoke it in 5 days from now?
You'll be able to smoke the 5 or 6 days and it will be good but it will get better with a little cure. ..️

So after 5 days of hanging. I put in the jar? How long would leave in jar until I can smoke? Or can I smoke it in 5 days from now?
Don't mean to burst your bubble Jay but with your humidity that high it's going to take longer to dry than 5 days. I think you might have to hang them for a few days then use paper bags for a few to help get that moisture out with humidity at 60%. Your shooting for a final of 62% before putting it into jars. Once in jars you need to burp them (exchange air in jar) twice a day for a week then once a day for a week. Just open jars for 5 min. to burp. You'll know when curing is getting close. Opening jars and smelling a hay or grass smell is first. As you burp for a while you'll start to notice your stains profile starting to shine thru. Once that happens you'll be close. I still burp jars that have been cured for months. A quick opening of the jar with a sniff test, close jar and turn upside down so the new air will be more on the other side of the buds. I hope this helps

Don't mean to burst your bubble Jay but with your humidity that high it's going to take longer to dry than 5 days. I think you might have to hang them for a few days then use paper bags for a few to help get that moisture out with humidity at 60%. Your shooting for a final of 62% before putting it into jars. Once in jars you need to burp them (exchange air in jar) twice a day for a week then once a day for a week. Just open jars for 5 min. to burp. You'll know when curing is getting close. Opening jars and smelling a hay or grass smell is first. As you burp for a while you'll start to notice your stains profile starting to shine thru. Once that happens you'll be close. I still burp jars that have been cured for months. A quick opening of the jar with a sniff test, close jar and turn upside down so the new air will be more on the other side of the buds. I hope this helps

No bubble bursted. I appreciate your input. I don't mind waiting. I just want to do this right. ..

Actually a bud wash will slow the process down a day or two for drying them. I think it helps leads to better results by slowing the process down. Just my opinion.

Jay, you will always get mixed opinions on bud washing and drying, especially on Youtube. Hell, ask 10 growers on this forum and I bet you get at least 8 different answers. Bottom line, pick one that you can try with your means and give it a go. Next time, depending on how the results of the 1st one were for you, either repeat if it was great or try another method. Repeat until you find the method that works for you brother. I like the fridge method also known and slow and low. Not everyone can have their weed in the fridge though so do what works for you.

Back
Top Bottom