My 1st Medical Grow - Thanks To NukeHeads

Yeah I did it with my first grow too... I definitely wouldn't be hopeful for 20-40% maybe 5%... To get that much of a difference you'd probably need a decent size area with a lot of plants that have a lot of larf. Idk it's just when the plant is only going to be a couple ounces (nothing at all wrong with that and you may get more who knows it's strain dependant) you won't be likely to gain all that much extra but I mean if the bottom buds don't look finished enough you could definitely let them go longer or you could just jar it as your morning weed. Thing is though I'd just chop it all at once and bud wash entire branches and hang them up personally... the quicker the chop, clean up, and sanitize the better. So extending that grow out for 3-4 weeks just doesn't seem like a good idea to me especially for the trivial amount in yield for the time spent.. You'll get more weed just harvesting, sanitizing, and popping the auto.

Good morning guys!

This is the bud in question. She was hiding low on ATF

35f16090387f02e2112a7fa9f5c0597b.jpg

e415288ff97e9cfe9b86b3d1efcd26d8.jpg

ef4622b54c44a5bdcf733cb79598c567.jpg

The rest of the ATF is still very hairy. But this one bud - looks different - she has lots of "crystals"

Your gonna love what those crystals do to ypour mind. Go for a slow dry so the smoke wont be harsh, but if your gonna go the oil way, flush good and go for fresh harvest oil, the taste is out of this world.

Those ATF buds will bulk up the longer you let them go. They tend to stay on the airy side until about week 9, then they really start tightening up. Keep in mind, the strain tends to have buds on the airy side generally.....so it won't be as tight or as dense as other strains you might be familiar with. Be patient with her and she will reward you! Looking good Jay!!

Those ATF buds will bulk up the longer you let them go. They tend to stay on the airy side until about week 9, then they really start tightening up. Keep in mind, the strain tends to have buds on the airy side generally.....so it won't be as tight or as dense as other strains you might be familiar with. Be patient with her and she will reward you! Looking good Jay!!

Thanks Van - so to be clear from your other posts. The nuke has about 4 -6 weeks left and that ATF has about 10weeks and then I will learn most important part - curing?

I really hope the nuke grows more. I washed her with the mix of alcohol solution that you mentioned and I also do normal water every other days.

The ATF - WoW so many white hairs all over the place. Huge buds so far . She is a monster! I can't believe that your saying that she will get bigger then what she is now! I'm excited! Thanks for the help .

Also thank you everyone that has been Sticking it out with me and are following Along offering their guidance as well!! You all rock!

Thanks Van - so to be clear from your other posts. The nuke has about 4 -6 weeks left and that ATF has about 10weeks and then I will learn most important part - curing?

I really hope the nuke grows more. I washed her with the mix of alcohol solution that you mentioned and I also do normal water every other days.

The ATF - WoW so many white hairs all over the place. Huge buds so far . She is a monster! I can't believe that your saying that she will get bigger then what she is now! I'm excited! Thanks for the help .

Also thank you everyone that has been Sticking it out with me and are following Along offering their guidance as well!! You all rock!

No, not 10 more weeks.....the ATF is a 10-11 week strain from flipping to flower. I would say you will be safe going about 77 days from flip (70 days + 7 day transition week). So subtract how ever many days since flip from 77 days and that should be about how many days you have left. I imagine that the Nukehead should be done about 10-15 days before the ATF with the assumption she is about a 55-60 day flowering strain.

No, not 10 more weeks.....the ATF is a 10-11 week strain from flipping to flower. I would say you will be safe going about 77 days from flip (70 days + 7 day transition week). So subtract how ever many days since flip from 77 days and that should be about how many days you have left. I imagine that the Nukehead should be done about 10-15 days before the ATF with the assumption she is about a 55-60 day flowering strain.

Thanks Van. So counting back it has been 43 days since I went to 12/12 So I have about 30 days to go.

Thank you for takin the time to write all that. I'm hoping the nuke bulks up a little more like that ATF. I can't wait to see what happens in 30 days. I'm reading the last two weeks - nothing but water. So I'm going to stop giving the ATF nutes in two weeks from now I guess and next week I will stop with the nuke. Is this correct?

I hope you all are having an amazing weekend.

Just remember Jay you can't just go by how long breeders say it should take you have to read the tricomes. You don't want to take a harvest down too soon. It won't give you the medicine that you are looking for. In fact I've heard to can give you headaches and such.

I rarely do a prolonged flush, I just cut back on nitrogen but continue with calcium, Phosphorus and potassium. I'd rather keep them healthy until the very end.

Just remember Jay you can't just go by how long breeders say it should take you have to read the tricomes. You don't want to take a harvest down too soon. It won't give you the medicine that you are looking for. In fact I've heard to can give you headaches and such.

I have grown this out several times Derby. I am pretty confident in the 70-77 day range as a fairly accurate gauge. I know Jay is growing in a different environment than I am, so his times might be a little longer or shorter, but I don't think it should be too much. At least gets him in the ball park.

Hope you all have a happy day!

Here is a quick update so you can see what's going down :)

Nuke head. -
I wish I knew then what I know now... She would of been so much bigger! I think the mites stressed her and she's not looking to grow anymore.
*mites should all be dead on her. I washed this girl everyday since finding them.

4c8b7212977e209691452034807ae8ef.jpg

f1fbf4573fede3ad97ddd44d9602fe79.jpg
fa04b47bb6ee7ed17854f5cf81c45d73.jpg
14a5cb50e357aa7be22a581c34fb68f6.jpg
735427d1977fad43d1aaee1d69a09c41.jpg

Here is the ATF. Thanks Van! She is looking like a beast! I can't wait to see her bulk up more. Her buds are hard as a rock
8b3ae6cbf844536d53af57d2b7aba189.jpg

01e25c009edf619bbc5b4eaf9709b434.jpg
1753181f3c256eb39eeeb7312f9ffab8.jpg
d181333c3a7eb3e28bc5c0d110000df3.jpg
109735e5b7a956c0d3c24f217aed5484.jpg

a8bd893dd59f5583b5217a21caf25f9f.jpg

The ATF is clearly a winner!

I plan on cleaning my room out once you guys say they are done. I have not seen any mites and cleaned the nuke very well.

I think the mite issue is over with. Sadly my nuke seems stressed and is not bulking up anywhere like the ATF has

Going to be a tiny yield on her.

Whats the closest you can get to the bud for pics, even if it was able to focus at say 3-4 inches, you can get an idea about tricombs. Take a pic then pinch and zoom if you dont have a jewelers loupe. I would say its the best way to determine ripeness of the bud. Clear keep going, cloudy almost there, and amber is stop. But if you prefer a more medical stone then by all means more amber.

Looking great Jay. Don't let up on those mites. You can probably drop down to every 2-3 days of washing the underside of the leaves and continue to monitor. Any increase in action should spur you back to daily washings. Just remember Jay, the bugs have stages in their life cycle....eggs generally take 4-5 days to hatch and then the bugs are in their juvenile stage. Takes them about 10 days to mature and lay their own eggs.

You are over halfway through flower on the ATF Jay.....don't get comfy brother. Those mites will mount a counter assault if you let them.

Back
Top Bottom