MY 25th POST Weedpipe confesses

Weedpipe

420 Member
hello nice people ... i have a confession to make.

i have absolutely no clue as to the origin of how "420" came to be.
some years ago a few of us here in smalltown, midwest usa heard about it and u would see the occasional bumper sticker or hat but no one knew anything about where it started.
today "420" is everywhere and i seriosly dought if it can still be used as a secret code to sneak off for a bit, yet i still dont know how it began.
have heard lots of stories like: 420lbs came up missing from a police lock-up,
guy got sentened to 420yrs for smugglin, or the 1 i think is true, some guys got out of school and met at 420 to spark 1 up and every once in awhile get back together and carry on the tradition.

tell me what U think?
ur friend, Weedpipe :peace:

The 3 guys meeting up at 4:20 is the one I believe. It is the most logical. That's how most slang phrases come about; a small group of friends start saying it and then it catches on.
I've read stories about these guys and seen pictures of them. They aren't trying to get rich off it, so it's probably true.:grinjoint:

hello nice people ... i have a confession to make.

i have absolutely no clue as to the origin of how "420" came to be.
some years ago a few of us here in smalltown, midwest usa heard about it and u would see the occasional bumper sticker or hat but no one knew anything about where it started.
today "420" is everywhere and i seriosly dought if it can still be used as a secret code to sneak off for a bit, yet i still dont know how it began.
have heard lots of stories like: 420lbs came up missing from a police lock-up,
guy got sentened to 420yrs for smugglin, or the 1 i think is true, some guys got out of school and met at 420 to spark 1 up and every once in awhile get back together and carry on the tradition.

tell me what U think?
ur friend, Weedpipe :peace:

it's the last day to plant outside most places in america y'all!!!!

a toke to the harvest!!! :roorrip:

real shit ya'll!!!

When band practice used to get out of school it would be around 4 o clock. The guys that started this were all in band, so they figured they'd meet at 4:20 to smoke, since it gave them enough time to get together after band practice ended.

My .02

Wait, wait, (smoke coming out ears)... Wasn't that medical MJ proposition in Cali. back in the 70's I think, called prop. 215/ 420 ?? Uh, 420 :smokin:

Prop. 215 and Senate Bill 420
Don't know how to transfer pages and stuff so I'll just do it
Prop. 215 was the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 passed but unrecognized by law enforcement
Senate Bill 420 was Medical Marijuana Program Act reflects a compromise between patient's advocates and law enforcement. This was done in 2003. It established guidelines for gray areas such as AMOUNT someone can have, grow etc., other guidelines include County issued I.D. card (stay outta jail card) and some other stuff.

Wait, wait, (smoke coming out ears)... Wasn't that medical MJ proposition in Cali. back in the 70's I think, called prop. 215/ 420 ?? Uh, 420 :smokin:

Prop. 215 and Senate Bill 420
Don't know how to transfer pages and stuff so I'll just do it
Prop. 215 was the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 passed but unrecognized by law enforcement
Senate Bill 420 was Medical Marijuana Program Act reflects a compromise between patient's advocates and law enforcement. This was done in 2003. It established guidelines for gray areas such as AMOUNT someone can have, grow etc., other guidelines include County issued I.D. card (stay outta jail card) and some other stuff.

I... was not aware of that.

Funny shit. I always wondered about that. Makes sense. The good old days. Nothing to do and a big bag of weed. More than 15 years later my high school friends are still some of my closest.

LOL..I have a very old pad of "While you were out getting stoned" phone message notes. On the check off list it has #1-Your connection called, #2- Wants a 4:20 Appt., #3-Will call back at 4:21...lol..and the list goes on. This pad is from Oregon, I am guessing around the mid to early 80's from a very good friend of mine. Just something I remembered I had.

im thinkin maybe ur both right: perhaps 1 of the original 420ers read that book, made the connection, and told his friends. hmmmm, the plot thickens

Back
Top Bottom