My First Attempt

Looks nice!! Good call on the tent.

One thing...Heart says-upgrade. Don't move too fast, your 250 should put 1 or 2 through to the end. The 400 will definitely cover the 3×3. Let them grow out before you spend too much.

Decide what you like and what's important to you, I would imagine living in AK power would be a big factor. If you want to go bigger an LED panel would cover the same but take 1/2 the juice.

Also, this is a totally biased opinion but live coco is the easiest. .just water from the tap every couple days.

The floros can just about touch. My clones are all up in my t-5s right now.

I'll have to look into coco. And as far as electric....I'm in a tiny 2 bedroom that's usually under $150 a month. And that's during the winter with a vehicle plugged in for 8+ hours a day (that's about 1500watts)

Being as the gf is gone for the next month which means no car to plug in, I'm gonna keep that light bill up by adding lights to my tent. Lol.

And all of this is off of a very small income....or else LED's would probably be in the play. But for now used/cheaper is going to work.

I think I'm going to do as suggested and get my 2 plants at the same level and go from there.

Also - is there a home brew I can make to kill fungus gnats? Ends up the clone I got has them and I'm not very pleased about it...

I have had TREMENDOUS success using a small amount of Hyrdogen Peroxide in germination. I believe my seeds may have had some sort of fungal issue from being stored improperly as well as being old as hell. I found this thread and when I was reading it I saw it could also be used for pests among hundreds of other things... All my seedlings are being watered with the smallest splash of H202 in the mix now. As far as your gnat issue... there is more in this thread (although they are talking hydroponics there are mentions of the benefits in soil)...

https://https//www.420magazine.com/...should-use-hydrogen-peroxide-everyday.115061/

I saw some IDIOT on youtube take a bottle of the 3.5% stuff you get at the pharmacy and spray it STRAIGHT on his plants and then blamed the Hydrogen peroxide for their deaths so PLEASE do not do that. I am talking about adding a capful to your spray water bottle and misting the plans gently. If you are using the kind from the regular store you can eye ball a splash per liter or so as it is already tremendously watered down. (take a look at the bottle just to double check. If you buy the food grade stuff be VERY careful as that stuff is potent.

So... give the H202 a try... as long as you are working with a watered down solution the worst case scenario is it isn't enough to get rid of your pests... but then you can try somehthing with a little more kick...

:thumb:
xx Kitty
>^..^<

Just a little update on how the guys are looking today.

420-magazine-mobile1394185153.jpg

420-magazine-mobile437275451.jpg

How long should I leave the "dome" over my little guy?

With my eldest...(the peat pellet one that looks about the same) I have started weaning her off the dome... bahaha. That sounds naughty! She spent overnight dome free but I sprayed the inside of the bottle with my sprayer and put it back on this morning. I will probably be taking it off permanently this afternoon but if she shows signs that the lack of humidity is effecting her, I will put it back on. The heating in the house kicked on a bit high last night or else I think she would have been okay. Once those first two true leaves in the center get big... they should be able to manage themselves (assuming you don't live in a super dry climate) but until then baby her... or at least that is what I have read and what is working for me.

xxKitty :circle-of-love:

I'm thinking that the dried soil has ran them off. For now. Which is good. Because I don't have any peroxide, currently don't have a ride, and am broke.

But being as I've dropped close to $600 this month at the grow shop here in town I'm going to stop in there later today and see if they'll help me out. They seem to be pretty cool guys, so I'm hoping for the best.

Well nothing crazy has happend, but I will say the little guy that sprouted around 1am this morning has grown quite a bit over the course of today. Lol, I'm letting the wife name the plants....so far we have "Norman" and here is "Kyle"

Random, yes, I know. But she's letting me grow in the house that technically is rented under her name. Yes it's completely legal...buuuut that still doesn't mean the landlord would be cool with it.

Anyways. Here is today's progress of Kyle.

420-magazine-mobile562699390.jpg

And as for the random clone that was a "gift......"

Finally no more f'ing fungus gnats. And I think this things going to pull through. The first few days it was super droopy and wasn't looking too hot. It's finally able to hold all of its leaves up off of the pot and is actually producing a few more up top. At this point I'm not to worried which way this guy goes. Buuuut it'd be nice if he lived and produced some smokeable shit. And YES I know I know....female plants are what I want. Again, the woman picked out names. I guess I should mention we don't want baby boys and want girls. God if I think about it I live with 6 girls.
420-magazine-mobile725332748.jpg

420-magazine-mobile44206943.jpg

Or so I thought the gnats were gone....I saw 1 or 2 right as I was zipping up the tent for the night. Sooo being as its midnight, and I don't have anything here at the house to actually "kill" them, I got a little creative with some dryer sheets. Hopefully this will at least piss them off for the night until I can get to the grow shop in the AM and get some stuff to take care of these little bastards for good. Lol don't mind the crayons....just holding down the sheets so the fan doesn't blow them off .
420-magazine-mobile1427420361.jpg

I'm thinking that the dried soil has ran them off. For now. Which is good. Because I don't have any peroxide, currently don't have a ride, and am broke.

But being as I've dropped close to $600 this month at the grow shop here in town I'm going to stop in there later today and see if they'll help me out. They seem to be pretty cool guys, so I'm hoping for the best.
AngryBird gave canno and I some great advice , items you need.
1. Shotglass/small cup
2. Vinegar
3.Dish soap
Fill cup with vinegar put drop of soap in it stick inside grow room

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom