My First Grow Ever: Hydro With LED, Candy Cane

I don't have much experience with autos either. I've only grown one and it is on day 79. It is supposed to be 60 days seed to harvest. She probably isn't a good example though, I'm using her to make more autoflower seeds by treating her with colloidal silver. Looks like your lady has a ways to go. I would think 5-6 weeks at least but like I said I'm not too familiar with the strain or autos. I did notice CKS says this flowers for 7 weeks. Maybe she vegged a little longer than most. It looks like she was definitely flowering on 7/24 but looks like there was still some stretching going on before that. Also, the breeders timelines are based on ideal conditions with experienced growers, I see a lot of guys on here going weeks beyond what they recommend. She looks really good though, should give you some great medication! Keep up the good work brother, she will reward your efforts in the end!

:passitleft:

Damn smart thinking on the skyp wish someone would help me like that . I'd help if you want .. we'll try .

Damn smart thinking on the skyp wish someone would help me like that . I'd help if you want .. we'll try .

There ya go GBF! I don't use skype myself, sorry. Kingjoe to the rescue lol!

OK...DILEMA here! Something came up and I have to leave town for a while.

I basically need this to be done and put away in a jar and hidden before I leave next Saturday at 5pm(1 week from tomorrow).

If this is possible, please tell me what to do step by step and in basic instructions. I know you're supposed to flush, cut trim and hang to dry and thennnn
ass2.JPG
ass1.JPG
cure afterwards. But I need this done asap!

Is this doable? :(

Yeah GBF if you need it done start the flush. Go as long as you can with the flush but remember it could take 5-7 days to dry properly. I would suggest getting some 1 quart, wide mouthed mason jars and a 10 pack of boveda humidipacks (62%). Once dried and trimmed, put the nug's in the jar with the boveda pack and you will be able to start the cure. Try to burp them at least 15 minutes a day if possible. Sucks you have to do it in a hurry, hope it works out! Let us know! Good luck!

Alright guys,
so I've decided to chop today and hang to dry. Like I've said earlier, I don't have any more available time for this grow, so yeah, I'm sure it could have flowered a little more but I needed it done.

I wonder how much yield I got on my hands...don't have a scale and haven't thought of purchasing one because this is all for my own personal use. I did notice that the odor got stronger while chopping down and trimming. Normal for that?
Here's a random thought/question...
if it's illegal to grow where you live, but you've already grown and chopped down and hung to dry...what kind of trouble do you get in then? lol. Is it the same as getting a fine or ticket for having marijuana on your person? I mean, essentially I COULD just cut the buds off the branches and place it all into my jar and it would be the same as having marijuana, not growing it, right? lol Its just something that has made my mind think tonight.
Anyway, here's some pics.
What do you guys think I yielded off this little fella?

bye.PNG
bye3.PNG
bye4.PNG
bye2.PNG
bye5.JPG

Dont worry there here to listen when u cry as well after rrokie mistakes welcome very good start just remember autos like final pots from get go just food for thought

Alright guys,
so I've decided to chop today and hang to dry. Like I've said earlier, I don't have any more available time for this grow, so yeah, I'm sure it could have flowered a little more but I needed it done.

I wonder how much yield I got on my hands...don't have a scale and haven't thought of purchasing one because this is all for my own personal use. I did notice that the odor got stronger while chopping down and trimming. Normal for that?
Here's a random thought/question...
if it's illegal to grow where you live, but you've already grown and chopped down and hung to dry...what kind of trouble do you get in then? lol. Is it the same as getting a fine or ticket for having marijuana on your person? I mean, essentially I COULD just cut the buds off the branches and place it all into my jar and it would be the same as having marijuana, not growing it, right? lol Its just something that has made my mind think tonight.
Anyway, here's some pics.
What do you guys think I yielded off this little fella?

Congrats on the successful harvest GBF! Looks like about an ounce or so. If you are in the USA, laws vary state by state. Most have to do with how much you have, weight wise. Looks like you should have some good stuff there!

Thanks liveandletgro! Here are some better pictures from this morning that I took while the sun was out.
One of my friends said it doesn't even look like a half o but then again neither of us know how to judge a yield by eyeballing it lol

dry1.PNG
dry2.PNG
dry3.PNG
dry4.PNG
dry5.PNG
dry6.PNG

I got a half off of mine, and comparing mine to yours I'd say it looks like you got maybe a quarter...hope I'm wrong though!
i was hoping for a minimum of a quarter off this first grow, but really was hoping for an ounce. oh well. I also harvested a few weeks early I believe, but hey, not bad for my own personal use! :volcano-smiley:

You'll have to learn to top and train to get more off the next one. I used my first as a learning experience and now my second grow is on track to be much better. If you want to learn without making my mistakes, check out my grow journals in my signature.

Congrats to you sir! Hopefully your next one won't get rushed. They put on a lot of weight in the last couple weeks of flowering.

Yes good job bro when it comes to weight i was told you can only have a zip smokable in states but if its curing it isnt consumable so if you have on jar not for human consumption it may work

The buds make a crisping sound when i squeeze them...I figured maybe because theyre small, maybe the dried quickly? Should I start curing?

The buds make a crisping sound when i squeeze them...I figured maybe because theyre small, maybe the dried quickly? Should I start curing?
Mine are kind of crispy too, they dried out more than I wanted because they were small buds...only took 3 days. If your small stems break with little pressure, start curing. And get those 62 percent humidipaks...they'll help a lot in curing and maybe lessening that crispiness.

i was hoping for a minimum of a quarter off this first grow, but really was hoping for an ounce. oh well. I also harvested a few weeks early I believe, but hey, not bad for my own personal use! :volcano-smiley:

Yeah I think those could have gone 3-4 weeks longer they missed their bulking stage

Back
Top Bottom