My First Grow Ever: Hydro With LED, Candy Cane

About where do I bend the plant? Is there a wrong way and right way to bend it? I've come this far andn don't wanna kill my baby. :laugh:Any chance you could describe to me how to do this by using the 2nd pic in my last post that shows the entire plant vertically?
Here's a picture I tried going off of to help me LST:

420-magazine-mobile774184546.jpg

I just started germing my Candy Cane auto from CKS, so I'm subbed and excited to see how yours turns out.

My first grow is in my signature. It's a Revolver Auto which is similar to the Candy Cane. Check it out.

LiveAndLetGro is right with the lst, it help a lot for the grow. Here's an exemple of mine.

Before:

IMG_20170509_192004.jpg

After lst:

IMG_20170511_190447.jpg

Next day:

IMG_20170513_111709.jpg

Perfect example of LST! You just want to feel her and bend her where she is flexible. You don't want to be too rough and risk snapping a woody stem so just bend where it is flexible. Even if you do end up snapping a stem (lets hope you don't) it shouldn't be a problem, snapping stems is called "Supercropping" or "High Stress Training" and are just advanced training techniques.

Weezze's example is perfect, you can see he just bent the tall part of the plant and by the next day you can hardly tell anything was bent because they really reach for that light. Once you get into training it is pretty fun to make her grow the way you want. I enjoy my time strapping my girls down lol! Here is the link I used when learning about LST, it may help for further clarification of any questions you may have... Cannabis Training Techniques - LST, Topping & More | Grow Weed Easy

Woke up yesterday and said to myself, "hey, just try that LST bending thing before you go to work". So I started to bend the main stem and all of a sudden... SNAP! The sound made me cringe...will it survive? Here is a before&after picture, about eight hours apart from eachother. Please for fucks sake tell me I am still going to still get my medicine from this plant and not have to start all over ;( I'm in week 6 now and this is only a 10-week strain
IMG_455613.JPG
IMG_458112.JPG
;(

I just want to make sure it will still flower. Also, I picked up some glades plug ins "cashmere woods" or some shit and the smell is so strong, I don't even smell any "weed smell" anymore.

She looks okay to me. Did she snap up high or down low? Was is the main stem that you heard snap? Looks like she is still standing on her own. I would say you are alright.

Yes, it was the main stem that snapped. Just a little below the bottom red arrow is where it happened, and then because the plant practically fell over but was still vertical itself, I thought of bending it near the top slightly to maybe aid it back to the light.
IMG_458113.JPG

Yes, it was the main stem that snapped. Just a little below the bottom red arrow is where it happened, and then because the plant practically fell over but was still vertical itself, I thought of bending it near the top slightly to maybe aid it back to the light.
IMG_458113.JPG
I would tape or bandaid where it snapped, and then I know there is an HST technique where you purposely do what you did. Maybe supercropping? Anyways, look up HST and try to make this accidental snap work for you!

So today was change the water and add new nutes day! I also decided to say fuck it and give it a trim. Hoping it will improve the plants bud growth now that there are bigger leaves gone not to take up nutes and light.

Here are some pics from this afternoon. First pic is before the cut.
Should I be changing up the lighting schedule now that it's begun to flower or should I keep it on 24 hrs still? I've read that with autoflowers you don't have to change the lighting, but I'm curious what you guys input is.

I wonder how much longer until buds are forming...
This is week 6 starting today and it says this strain is a 10-week strain. I'm assuming the plant is going to stay relatively small and dwarf-like
cut17.JPG
cut24.JPG
cut32.JPG
cut41.JPG
?

So today was change the water and add new nutes day! I also decided to say fuck it and give it a trim. Hoping it will improve the plants bud growth now that there are bigger leaves gone not to take up nutes and light.

Here are some pics from this afternoon. First pic is before the cut.
Should I be changing up the lighting schedule now that it's begun to flower or should I keep it on 24 hrs still? I've read that with autoflowers you don't have to change the lighting, but I'm curious what you guys input is.

I wonder how much longer until buds are forming...
This is week 6 starting today and it says this strain is a 10-week strain. I'm assuming the plant is going to stay relatively small and dwarf-like
cut17.JPG
cut24.JPG
cut32.JPG
cut41.JPG
?
You can do 24 hours the whole time, but it is suggested to do 20/4 or 18/6 because they need the dark cycle to help them grow. I would at least change it to 20/4 at this point.

Also, my buds just started really forming a couple days ago, and I'm right at week 8, growing a 7-9 week auto.

Alright so I don't have any experience with autos at all, however from what I've read, and it might be wrong. Lst or light stress training is the best for autos. Basically you slowly bend new growth into directions that make the plant more horizontal. But doing this you are limiting vertical height and also exposing all the little bud sites to nice light which will make them produce more medicine for you.

As for your system itself. It's a very cool small system. My recommendations is to get a $12 pH meter, and a PPM meter. Since your plant is grown hydroponically you'll want to keep your PH at 5.8-6.0. The reason for this is to make all the different nutritents yours adding available to the plant. Any PH above or below that too much will lock out the plant from grabbing the vitamins it needs to grow better.

As for feeding, when the plant is super young, in the future only use 1/4-1/2 of the recommended dosage. The reason for this is companies want to make more money, and thus have you use more. The plant at that age, is incapable of using everything you were putting in there, not to mention it could burn the plant in the form of nutrient burn.

For odor...if you're concerned about neighbors or house guests you'll definitely want a small carbon filter with a small inline fan. You're only growing one plant, so you might be okay...just be aware that in get stinky fast lol.

Hope this information has helped and good luck with your grow

Started flowering a week ago and is finally moving along a little bit at a time. Just got a tub of Ona Pro Gel. Poked some holes in the lid and set it in the closet with the plant. Can I expect the plant smell to get THAT MUCH stronger? Or is this pretty much how it will be?(based on growth so far)hoping this will neutralize the odor from the one plant I have. I also have a carbon filter infused with Arm&Hammer in the mail to me for my Holmes Air Purifier/ionizer. Says this Aer1 filter is for 10x odor control, so lets see. Also got a small bottle of Floralicious Plus. I'm not too sure what it will do with the plant, but the guy at the store said it's a popular seller.
ona1.PNG
ona6l.JPG
ona4.JPG
ona21.JPG
ona5.JPG
ona3.JPG

She's looking great!! :thumb:

Started flowering a week ago and is finally moving along a little bit at a time. Just got a tub of Ona Pro Gel. Poked some holes in the lid and set it in the closet with the plant. Can I expect the plant smell to get THAT MUCH stronger? Or is this pretty much how it will be?

Expect A LOT stronger smell! There's nothing like a cannabis plant in full bloom! :)
The last 2 weeks are the worst, prepare yourself! :laugh:

For the progel, you'll need a fan blowing over it to help for the smell, but it will not be enough!

Hey guys this is week 8. The top leaves are about as high as my lighting goes on this system. I'm assuming it's done growing? If not, what can I expect as far as more growth? Keep in mind today started week 8 and this is supposed to be a 10 week autoflower.
low3.JPG
low3.JPG
low21.JPG

Still flowering. How long should flowering take place on an autoflower plant? Trying to figure out how much more time until I'm ready to chop and dry. I'm wondering if the buds are gonna swell or grow more or if this is going to be it.

Planted seed on June 5th and they say candycane is a "10 week strain"

Here's the pics from today
glo2.JPG
glo.JPG

Still flowering. How long should flowering take place on an autoflower plant? Trying to figure out how much more time until I'm ready to chop and dry. I'm wondering if the buds are gonna swell or grow more or if this is going to be it.

Planted seed on June 5th and they say candycane is a "10 week strain"

Here's the pics from today
glo2.JPG
glo.JPG

She looks like she just barely started flowering, so you have several weeks still.

My plant is currently at 5 1/2 weeks into flower, and tomorrow she will be 12 weeks old total. She still has about 2 weeks left too.

She is a Revolver Auto from CKS and they show a 7 week flower for this plant. Not sure if that helps, but hopefully it does.

By several weeks I mean about 10. If the seed company claims a 10 week flower, I believe that's how long their flowering period is...not the length of the plants entire life.

I don't have much experience with autos either. I've only grown one and it is on day 79. It is supposed to be 60 days seed to harvest. She probably isn't a good example though, I'm using her to make more autoflower seeds by treating her with colloidal silver. Looks like your lady has a ways to go. I would think 5-6 weeks at least but like I said I'm not too familiar with the strain or autos. I did notice CKS says this flowers for 7 weeks. Maybe she vegged a little longer than most. It looks like she was definitely flowering on 7/24 but looks like there was still some stretching going on before that. Also, the breeders timelines are based on ideal conditions with experienced growers, I see a lot of guys on here going weeks beyond what they recommend. She looks really good though, should give you some great medication! Keep up the good work brother, she will reward your efforts in the end!

:passitleft:

The hairs are turning orange somewhat...would any of you be willing to do a skype call with me and help me with this part of the grow to decide on whether it's time to dry or not? I'm not sure how to private message on here but I have a skype ID if one of you would be interested in taking a look at my lady for me and giving me some advice.

The hairs are turning orange somewhat...would any of you be willing to do a skype call with me and help me with this part of the grow to decide on whether it's time to dry or not? I'm not sure how to private message on here but I have a skype ID if one of you would be interested in taking a look at my lady for me and giving me some advice.
The last 3 messages all tell you you have a while left to go (5-8 weeks), if you don't want to listen to what people are saying, why are you asking questions?

Good Morning GBF! How is the little lady lookin? The very best way to determine whether or not she is ready is by looking at the trichomes. In order to see them you need a pocket microscope and a jewelers loupe.

Using those tools you can tell if your trichomes are clear, cloudy, or amber. This will determine what type of an effect it will have.

when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram5.jpg

When she is in her last weeks it is easy to harvest too early. I once read somewhere that for every 1000 plants harvested early, only 1 is harvested late. Another decent bit of advice I got regarding harvest was, when you think she is ready, wait a week.

Using all this info combined, you should be able to determine a good time to harvest. The last few weeks are the hardest to wait. I was sooo ready to harvest my ladies but made sure to wait until prime time and it really paid off. I would recommend getting a pocket microscope and wait until you see that 10-20% amber trichomes on the buds.

Edit: Don't forget, you will want to flush her for a week or so before harvest!

Back
Top Bottom