My First Grow Ever: Hydro With LED, Candy Cane

growboyfresh11

Got 14 Candy Cane autoflower/feminized seeds and just planted my first one.
Never tried to grow marijuana before, but I have tourettes and marijuana is the best thing I've used out of all the medications I've tried since age 7(I'm 31 now).
Sure, I can continue buying it from random people I barely know, or I could get my medical marijuana card and be offered cbd oils and other crap that my state likes to push on people because they don't like the thought of smokeable marijuana (bullshit), ORRRRRRR... I could grow my own and feel safe at home and not have to go out of my way to spend money on marijuana.
Whether it's right or wrong for me to do, I believe in it too much (with how it helps my tics from tourettes) to turn my back to it because society and government wants me to. Actually, society is cool with marijuana as far as I'm concerned...maybe I just meant the government is what wants us to turn our back to the thought of marijuana being an alternative medicine for many symptoms. Trust me, my best friend is a pharmacy manager, and he is also a pot enthusiast, and he knows it's the drug companies scared shitless because their pill can be replaced by something that someone can grow in a heartbeat.

Enough about me. Here are some pics. started from seed on 06/05/2017
closet35.JPG
IMG_42948.JPG
IMG_42979.JPG
IMG_430916.JPG

I am also a beginner!...nice set up and everything looks great so far

Awesome! Hey thanks for the reply! What do you have growing? I think I'm pretty much set, only thing I need to work on is how to deal with the odor once it starts flowering, but I think I found something that will work nicely called Holmes® Desktop Air Purifier with HEPA-Type Filter & Optional Ionizer

Hey X, welcome to the site! You have picked a great place to grow! Many knowledgeable people here more than willing to share their help and experience. I am also new, I am just about to finish up my first grow. I am dealing with the aroma of 2 fully flowering plants right now and it is very pungent. I know a lot of people use carbon filters and fans to control the smell and I think that's what I am going to do. I do not have a tent and it doesn't look like you do either. I have heard of people just placing the fan and carbon filter in the room with the plants and that helps cut down on the smell. I haven't done much research on it but will before I get too far into my next grow.

Anyway, welcome! Plants looking good! What kind of setup is that exactly?

Hey X, welcome to the site! You have picked a great place to grow! Many knowledgeable people here more than willing to share their help and experience. I am also new, I am just about to finish up my first grow. I am dealing with the aroma of 2 fully flowering plants right now and it is very pungent. I know a lot of people use carbon filters and fans to control the smell and I think that's what I am going to do. I do not have a tent and it doesn't look like you do either. I have heard of people just placing the fan and carbon filter in the room with the plants and that helps cut down on the smell. I haven't done much research on it but will before I get too far into my next grow.

Anyway, welcome! Plants looking good! What kind of setup is that exactly?

Thanks for writing me LiveandLetGro!
My setup is pretty simple:
I'm doing a closet grow with a device called the "wegrow g601c"
It came with everything you see in my first picture on this thread. If you google it you should be able to read more about the unit itself. But I basically planted the seed June 5th and this is where I'm at so far. I use cardboard boxes and a could black-out curtains to surround the device so the light doesnt escape my closet much. I just gave Rudi his first nutrients and I am just using the florabloom series 3-bottle set up.
As far as odor, I'm going to try using the Holmes® Desktop Air Purifier with HEPA-Type Filter & Optional Ionizer
It actually has a carbon filter and is supposedly very good with odors etc. check it out on google. It's also only 39.99 which is cheap for a device with carbon filter.

Thanks for writing me LiveandLetGro!
My setup is pretty simple:
I'm doing a closet grow with a device called the "wegrow g601c"
It came with everything you see in my first picture on this thread. If you google it you should be able to read more about the unit itself. But I basically planted the seed June 5th and this is where I'm at so far. I use cardboard boxes and a could black-out curtains to surround the device so the light doesnt escape my closet much. I just gave Rudi his first nutrients and I am just using the florabloom series 3-bottle set up.
As far as odor, I'm going to try using the Holmes® Desktop Air Purifier with HEPA-Type Filter & Optional Ionizer
It actually has a carbon filter and is supposedly very good with odors etc. check it out on google. It's also only 39.99 which is cheap for a device with carbon filter.

Wow that device is very interesting! All you do is add water and nutes every few days when it gets low and it does the rest. It looks like it should grow some nice little plants. I'm glad I found your grow early so I can see how your ladies progress in there! I like that guy on the website lol

Awesome! Hey thanks for the reply! What do you have growing? I think I'm pretty much set, only thing I need to work on is how to deal with the odor once it starts flowering, but I think I found something that will work nicely called Holmes® Desktop Air Purifier with HEPA-Type Filter & Optional Ionizer
420-magazine-mobile149250654.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1639824840.jpg

This is what i am working on ....1 train wreck in the white bucket... and the rest are bag seeds

420-magazine-mobile149250654.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1639824840.jpg

This is what i am working on ....1 train wreck in the white bucket... and the rest are bag seeds

Whoa! That's awesomeeeee! Looking great!! I ordered 5 feminized candycane autoflowers but they ended up sending me 14 seeds by accident lol! Guess I'm good for a while! I don't think I'll end up doing more than 2 plants at a time but I wish I could grow more than that without worrying about legal stuff.

Wow that device is very interesting! All you do is add water and nutes every few days when it gets low and it does the rest. It looks like it should grow some nice little plants. I'm glad I found your grow early so I can see how your ladies progress in there! I like that guy on the website lol

That guy is the creator of the device and he is pretty funny lmao! Honestly, so far I'm impressed with this device. Definitely worth the money, and it's great because I'm not looking to grow tall and huge plants. I'd like to keep mine only a couple of feet but get the best yield out of them as possible. Small is discreet and I like discreet! :volcano-smiley:

Day 11...
The two bigger leaves have a tiny bit of yellow on the tips. Hmm....
Could have had the LED light too close to it. I just raised it a few inches.
I dont have a PH test kit but i use distilled water and the flora bloom trio all combined in the reservoir.
toda.JPG
toda2.JPG

Hmm. I would recommend getting a digital ph tester. That is the one I use and it seems to work pretty well. For 12 bucks it seems like a better way to go than the test strips. I started with those and had to go digital to be more precise. Tip yellowing can be an early sign of nute burn. How many gallons is in that system? Did you use the recommended amount for seedlings, I think its like 1/4 tsp per gallon or something like that. I think I used slightly less than the recommended amount on my seedlings just to be safe, I always worried about nute burn leading to nute lockout. But your little ones don't look too bad yet.

1666419733728.png

Hmm. I would recommend getting a digital ph tester. That is the one I use and it seems to work pretty well. For 12 bucks it seems like a better way to go than the test strips. I started with those and had to go digital to be more precise. Tip yellowing can be an early sign of nute burn. How many gallons is in that system? Did you use the recommended amount for seedlings, I think its like 1/4 tsp per gallon or something like that. I think I used slightly less than the recommended amount on my seedlings just to be safe, I always worried about nute burn leading to nute lockout. But your little ones don't look too bad yet.

The system itself holds 6 L of water so that's about a gallon and a half and I use that much water from distilled water jugs and then I added in the recommended amount of nutrients that came in the booklet from General hydroponics. I'm curious when I add nutrients once a week am I supposed to empty all of the water out of the system and add new water? The gentleman who created the device I am using said you could use the same water from start to finish but I'm not sure what is the best thing for me to do. Also, where do I get a decent but cheap pH tester that is digital?

I raise the light a few inches last night so I guess I will see if maybe that were the case or plays any part in it

Back
Top Bottom