My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Movers

Re: My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Mo

I picked up one of those bowl trimmers this summer because here was no way I was trimming 30 6 foot plants by hand lol...I apsolutely love this thing!my wife and I trimmed the entire outdoor crop in 2 days and heres a pic of another perc to the trimmer.
12-E80F086C-1164887-960.jpg

I got 17 grams of this primo scissor/trimmer hash!

Re: My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Mo

ok, heres todays pics.they are looking really healthy,I want to start topping or fimming soon.ive only tried fimming once and I didnt get the desired affect of 4 tops so im leaning towards topping and then let them grow up a few inches and top them again.this should give me a ton of tops by the time they reach the screen:)
full view
IMAG007916.jpg

pk
IMAG008016.jpg

pk
IMAG008115.jpg

pk
IMAG008214.jpg

pk
IMAG008317.jpg

hgk
IMAG008413.jpg

hgk
IMAG008514.jpg

hgk
IMAG008616.jpg

hgk
IMAG008712.jpg

Lol...aint that the truth,I have enough equipment sitting in my basement to do another room that size.But for most of us its impossible to start off with the best of the best no matter what size our rooms are.Ive been upgrading and expanding for a little over a year, and everytime I do an upgrade another piece of equipment ends up in the ever growing pile of discards.Hmmmm...hydroponic yard sale anyone.These lights killed me this round,Ive had my co2 set-up right from the get go but I could'nt afford the co2 refills at 60 bucks a week or so.I ll pretty much guarantee you will not be disapointed when you pick up an led for your space bro.Even with all the problems ive had this round the buds are denser and frostier than they ve ever been.even though they are smaller I can clearly see the difference in quality and its only going to get better as I figure out what works best with them.

Ha ha; never a bad thing to have spares though, just in case something breaks or goes wrong for a bit!

I did cut some corners initially and it cost me - I bought two aquarium / hydroponic pumps off eBay which seemed reasonably priced and not too shoddy, but cheaper than some of the others. Except I eventually found they were the source of my res temp issues, heating it up to 40C! So I had to buy two more pumps and probably ended up spending double what I could have! Same with the air pump, got a slightly cheaper one and within a couple of weeks had to buy a decent one!
I've been looking at the Sonlight LEDs and they look great. They seem to have discontinued the smaller 45w version so I'm now thinking of getting the 90w version which is meant to be equivalent of a 400w hps/hid. It will be more than big enough for space and will mean I've (hopefully) got some proper penetrating power with even less heat than my current 125cfl. It will also fit the space perfectly and give better coverage I think (I lose some light to one side of my grow where the cfl screws into the fitting in the reflector, so it's not perfectly even coverage)

Loving the ball of hash, definitely a nice reward of the trimmer to add to the hours of manicuring saved! And the plants are looking great - I'll be watching the topping and fiming closely. Not something I've done yet and have been debating whether to do it for the berry bomb defoliation experiment - I'm going to be trying to keep the variables identical between the defoliation grow and the non defoliation one to keep things fair so i had initially ruled topping etc out, but I'm sure it would be possible to top identically between the two grows and it will only benefit the overall result.

lol...that hash should come with a warning label!"overuse of this product will cause severe drooling and fridge clearing munchies"
Check out Xlr8's current journal he has a ton of great info on supercropping with pic's, very interesting stuff! heres the link.

Xlr8's Quest For The Best - 2012

blue planet nutrients sound like the real deal too for a good price.

so I decided I dont like leaving the table uncovered.the roots arent really growing much due to the intense light so since I dont have any panda film laying around I taped 4 black garbage bags together and rigged up a temporary cover.I would rather have to cut a large root ball that not have a root ball:)
IMAG008813.jpg

The last time I had the table covered the whole thing was a root ball but I managed to seperate them with a little trimming that didnt seem to hurt them at all.

jon, they look soooooooooooooo healthy and happy. How much longer are you going to veg?

Nice update jon! Glad you got the co2 organised. We should see even stronger growth now :)
Maybe after this grow you can reinvest something and get a co2 controller :) Saves plenty on bottles i found :thumb:
Damn i am enjoying this journal!

jon, they look soooooooooooooo healthy and happy. How much longer are you going to veg?

Thanks buddy:) they have a long way to go yet.this will be the first time I take the stools out from under the buckets so im not really sure how much longer.they are gonna be huge for sure.Im hoping for anywhere between 96 and 128 oz this round.

Nice update jon! Glad you got the co2 organised. We should see even stronger growth now :)
Maybe after this grow you can reinvest something and get a co2 controller :) Saves plenty on bottles i found :thumb:
Damn i am enjoying this journal!
Hey Tony:) Im installing a propane forced air furnace and central air in the spring thats when I ll pick up a co2 burner.My hydro shop has an exchange program so I pick up 4 tanks at a time,cost alot but its still going to be worth it.Im running the co2 on timers right now its not perfect but it works.I need to upgrade to a full room controller before I get the burner anyways and they are not cheap. they control every aspect of the room though, temp, rh, co2 levels all in one unit,im definetly exited to get one of those:)

Sentinel Evc-2 costs around 200-250$, if I remember corectly !
Works just great !!!

Fantastic journal buddy, you are doing great job ! Look forward to see how this LEDs perform too ...

Lol...aint that the truth,I have enough equipment sitting in my basement to do another room that size.But for most of us its impossible to start off with the best of the best no matter what size our rooms are.Ive been upgrading and expanding for a little over a year, and everytime I do an upgrade another piece of equipment ends up in the ever growing pile of discards.Hmmmm...hydroponic yard sale anyone.These lights killed me this round,Ive had my co2 set-up right from the get go but I could'nt afford the co2 refills at 60 bucks a week or so.I ll pretty much guarantee you will not be disapointed when you pick up an led for your space bro.Even with all the problems ive had this round the buds are denser and frostier than they ve ever been.even though they are smaller I can clearly see the difference in quality and its only going to get better as I figure out what works best with them.

ill buy your outkasts :)

im not working so if you need help trimming/smoking, let me know :)

Back
Top Bottom