My First Grow

Or a pump that snakes through my house and down my bathtub drain. Decisions, decisions.

Hey, is there any way I can help these babies grow vertically at this stage? I dimmed my MH down to 500w hoping it would motivate these spoiled plants to reach up

Starting the day off on 420 Magazine Forums, drinking some strong coffee and smoking some fine Diesel. Today will be a good day, Tater.

Dean, I've never heard of this "Pony tailing." I've tried to find out what it is, but there's more searching to do. I'm definitely going to start a thread in the FAQs though. I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out.

Hope everyone's day goes better than expected.

Peace.

Dean, I've never heard of this "Pony tailing." I've tried to find out what it is, but there's more searching to do.

Search "atrain ponytail" and you'll get a ton of examples. First result on the goog gave me this post.

20150112_180728-1.jpg

another good one to follow, I'm in.....

Welcome to the Thunder Dome! Things will get weird here, I'm sure of it. :welcome:

So I tried some low-stress training to get my bushes a little taller. Ponytailing along with trimming the tips off of some upper fan leaves helped get light to those little leaves in the under canopy. I'm expecting at least one more full light cycle until I take them off. Here's an example of what I did to all of my plants.

20160108_112846.jpg

Ya man. I'm strangely comfortable with it. Haha. Plants are looking happier for sure. They really are putting up a fight though. I have to re tuck the fan leaves all the time. But its looking to be paying off already.

Ill be hitting them with a foliar spray about 30 minutes before lights on. All that im using is RO water and Seaweed Extract(around 170-210 ppm). What is your guys' ideal formula for foliar spraying in veg?

DAY 45
Alright folks, a lot of stuff has gone on since my last post here. To start with, all three of the plants exploded with growth. I've increased my feedings to roughly 950 ppms, given 1-2 times a day (remember, its a coco/perlite grow).

Feed Schedule: Batches are usually 2 gallons total, or about three feedings per batch. Every other batch of nutes gets seaweed extract.

(per gallon)
5 ml - CalMag Plus
8 ml - Grow A
8 ml - Grow B

Also been low stress training all three of the plants. "Supercropping," "Ponytailing" with paper towel roll sections, leaf tucking, F.I.M, and topped. Tried all of it out. Maybe a bit much for a first time grower, but I'm having a fun time with it, and learning a lot about how the plant itself grows in veg. Let me tell ya, they're tough as nails and bushy as can be. I can't wait to put in the scrog screen that I made out of recycled PVC parts and cordage from the dollar store. I love cheap. Except for whiskey.

Took off some lower branches, using strings to LST to make more light exposure to the many tops that just seem to keep popping up. I'm going to do some research on HPS bulbs, because I'd like to get them vegging on HPS for a week or two before I start to flower. If you guys have any info at all or recommendations on single sided 600w HPS bulbs, lemme know.

Bunches of pictures to come after my dumb phone charges enough for me to take my time in there.

Peace

It's your "reputation", you'll see people posting "+reps" meaning they've clicked the little six sided start down between the "blog this post" and report post links. You can view the recent list of given and received reputation points in your User CP (control panel).

Ya, thanks for clarifying that. I've wondered about it for a little while, but never asked for one reason or another. So, "+reps" RTK. Haha.

20160117_1846261.jpg

So I was talking about making a SCROG screen with my neighbor, and he has some spare PVC parts that he used as a curtain holder for wedding pictures or some crap like that. Needless to say, he gave me more than I needed. Next stop for my cheap ass: the dollar store. Got some twine there for...**drum roll**... A dollar. So I made my measurements, cut the pieces, drilled some holes, and weaved some cordage. The measurement I made it out to be is 34x56". I've only seen them made to be square, so I decided to do my own thing. You know, stick it to the man. Lol. So thats what I did. Its really easy to make. If you want to know how I did it, or have any questions, by all means ask. Thats what this thread is all about.

Until next post, folks!

Peace.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom