My First Indoor Grow

I have been considering watering more often but with less volume. Right now I am not giving any nutrients, they are only getting water with the pH adjusted. I peaked in on them today to see the 3rd set of leaves coming in on all 4 plants.
I would just give them the same amount of water. You want to see some run off. You want to wait for the roots to be thirsty again so they stretch for nutrients in the soil.

I have been considering watering more often but with less volume. Right now I am not giving any nutrients, they are only getting water with the pH adjusted. I peaked in on them today to see the 3rd set of leaves coming in on all 4 plants.
Nice looking setup my friend. Looking forward in watching the progress. Very exciting. I also just started with 4 autoflowers 3wks ago. Looking great. Exciting times and some really good advice on 420magazine.com, amazing ppl
Here!! Happy Growing!

Attachments

• 2AA13436-5A7D-4891-8B1C-BD4CADE53130.jpeg
    2AA13436-5A7D-4891-8B1C-BD4CADE53130.jpeg
    904.6 KB · Views: 92
Yes, there is a lot of good information. However, it can become overwhelming LOL. I am still trying to figure out exactly how much to water. :rofl:
With mine I have been watering each one with approx 1/2LT -1LT tap water pH between 6.3-6.7 every 3-4 days. Watering from Outside of pot. Never around stem. When you notice leaves dropping a little also Good indicator needs water. Cheers!

Why do you not water around the stem? I haven’t heard that before.
You want the plant roots to search for the water to create a nice root ball. Over saturated roots near the stem can cause stunted and overall slow growth. Just from what has been passed down to me as a new grower. So much to learn. I can’t say it enough. This community is absolutely amazing! Happy Growing!

I gauge watering on seedlings/larger veg plants/flower plants very differently. I have found plants in veg are more relaxed with their water needs. Feel a dry pot where the plant is wilting....it has a very different weight than a wet pot.

I rarely water to run off. I never flush not even pre-harvest. I rarely/almost never give plain water. I really don't worry about where the water goes in the pot unless it's just been repotted. I do water where there are no dry areas...again, it depends on the size, condition, type of pot, soil, etc. There is really no hard and fast rule to volume and timing, every plant I has takes water differently.

This morning I fed 750ml to one plant, none to 6, and 1.25L to another plant. The plants that got water will likely get that again tonight, yeah, I give a half gallon plus to a plant in a 3 gallon pot daily, that may seem like a lot, but my tent is 90+ for 12 hours. I water some large plants up to 3x day, smaller ones, maybe 2x a week. Depends on their needs and uptake.

The RH in your house, in your tent and outside also dictate your watering needs, as well as your location. It's feeling, and it comes with experience.

Let plants dry out between waterings.
Water slowly.
Look at the soil color, is the top 3/5mm dry, or is it dry below that.
Get a quality pH pen and recalibrate weekly. PPM might or not be necessary.
Find a medium that works, use it, and learn it. If you keep switching stuff, well, it can be a headache early on.

There is an excellent tutorial on what goes on when watering, and the why behind the how somewhere on here....seen it in peoples links....probably in the Q&A forums....

I'm open to you naming some tent brands (if that is allowed by the rules). The only name brand I really know is Gorilla. Personally, I don't like that the zipper goes down the middle. But, maybe that is a good design.

I had read Timber made the QB boards on older threads. That is how I found their website. Sad that they don't make them anymore. I have seen Dan with Timber is active on the boards, which I admired and that made me like the brand a bit more. I don't mind spending $100 more for Timber if that makes a difference. But, the quantum flowering spread seemed a bit better fit for a 2x4 tent from my reading.
I have a Vivosun and am on my second grow with it. It’s great but just wish it was bigger.

I am thinking about getting one of those for vegging. I didn't need one at the moment since I have a few months with these girls before I will have room to flower more.
Vivosun is one of the more inexpensive ones but the quality is there. Heavy zippers and fabric. Everything fits together very well. It’s actually difficult to get the tent over the frame the tent fits so well.

I’d buy another...and wish I had space

Today is the 2 week anniversary that I started the germination process of my girls. I am posting them in the same order as previous posts, so you can see the growth and compare by plant. The second photo is the same plant that I made the 24 hour comparison post. She is definitely my strongest plant and is probably 30-40% bigger than the other 3. I gave them their first dose of nutrients at 25% of the recommended strength. I am watering about every two days at the moment. I have two six inch fans and the inline fan constantly running. I think the large amount of airflow combined with the soft pots is causing the soil to dry out. I had been letting the soil get too dry and I think the growth slowed as a result. The last few days have had MUCH faster growth, so I know the root system is taking off. I am quite happy with how they are growing at the moment.

They are in 3 gallon soft pots for those wondering about the size of the plants. I measure time from the day I put the seed in the root riot cube and added soil, not when they popped above the soil. They all popped in less than 48 hours. The first two are Raspberry cough and the second two are Wonder Woman. You can find them on Seedsman.

IMG_9756.jpg
IMG_9757.jpg
IMG_9758.jpg
IMG_9759.jpg

Looks great. Personally I like to let my plants get really dry between waterings.

You’re right about it building roots...she’s gonna bust out in a day or two.

My problem was that I was afraid to over water the plants. So, the soil was not saturated when I planted, it was straight from the bag. I added smaller amounts of water instead of a lot of water. The soil was also not absorbing the water either, as I didn't presoak it. A lot of water was just going through the soil. Often times the soil was bone dry past my first knuckle. Today, it was dry enough that it didn't stick to my finger but was slightly cool. I checked the soil when I noticed one plant starting to let the leaves drop a tad. I have been using the leaves as my first sign of "should I water". Each pot received about 1 L of water and I still did not get any runoff. So, I know the soil isn't "soaked".

I know what you mean. I’m new too so we’re all learning.

What I started doing and it’s working well is take your soil perlite mix in a larger bucket and slowly drizzle ph’d water over and mix. Keep doing this until the soil is damp but not wet. You should be able to squeeze a handful and have it stick together without water dripping.

Then I plant sand slightly water away from the base of the tree.

There’s a sticky somewhere here about how to properly water. It makes a huge difference.

I was planning on LST method for training. However, I am starting to think I should just keep it easy with the topping method. Any thoughts on what I should do for a first time?

All of the plants are doing amazing. Over the last 2 days or so the plants have started shooting new leaves between many of the nodes, some have actually made new tiny branches between the nodes. They are also getting fragrant! Will the nodes start to get further apart? You can see how tight everything is right now. They are making the 4th node and starting the 5 set of leaves. I don’t understand how to LST the plants while being so short and tight. Hell, I don’t even know how people cut cutters in to top them this tight. All 4 are looking like this, which I think is good.
49C6885D-F142-40C9-95EF-C42B8BCF96B1.jpeg

Node spacing is determined by the plant's type and genetics. More light might get you a tighter spacing towards bloom, less can get you a leggy plant.

If the plant is getting enough light and your not burning it. Your seeing genetics imo. I grew two plants under the same lights one is 5' tall now, the other one was harvested at 14".

I am running 50w per ft of similar light, your running 37.5. It's the plant, not your lights.

Back
Top Bottom