My First Posted Grow Journal

i got all fem seeds from them and any seed I've planted has come up female. Do you guys notice preflowers on your ladies in veg, just the 2 little hairs that show at nodes? I see them with every plant around 2-3 weeks into it from seed, but only from fem seeds. Any reg seeds I planted that I found in brick weed didn't show any preflowers until i switched the lights. Never heard of it before, but it seems like something everyone would want to know.

i got all fem seeds from them and any seed I've planted has come up female. Do you guys notice preflowers on your ladies in veg, just the 2 little hairs that show at nodes? I see them with every plant around 2-3 weeks into it from seed, but only from fem seeds. Any reg seeds I planted that I found in brick weed didn't show any preflowers until i switched the lights. Never heard of it before, but it seems like something everyone would want to know.

All my girls were grown from regular non-feminized seeds and they are all showing pistils even though they are all still in veg. All plants will show sex at some point in veg when they reach the point of maturity. :tokin:

My wonderful girlfriend was gracious enough to buy me this bottle of molasses at the grocery store. :) It reads as follows:

Grandma's original , gold standard, all natural, unsulphured.

I believe it was Krimson that recommended this brand. Glad we found it. will implement it around week 4 or so right friend? Hope it helps the harvest and works well in conjunction with the other 6 additives from fox farm. :wood:

Grandma_s_molasses_001.JPG

Morning THC! From what I've read, blackstrap molasses is the best for soil, it's the least refined and has the most micronutes in it. What you've got won't hurt anything but next time look for the blackstrap.

Yeah all my plants do this too. Just one green pistil right? That's what mine do. Usually a good indicator of sex from my experience, as modest as it is.

Morning THC! From what I've read, blackstrap molasses is the best for soil, it's the least refined and has the most micronutes in it. What you've got won't hurt anything but next time look for the blackstrap.

Afternoon blue. Can blackstrap be bought at grocery store as well? If so i may see if i can get a jar of that and use each on half the plants to see which one is most triumphant first hand. :)

Yeah all my plants do this too. Just one green pistil right? That's what mine do. Usually a good indicator of sex from my experience, as modest as it is.

I'm not very good at telling the sex before flowering, but after switching over it's pretty easy. :smokin: I still have much to learn about predetermining sex during vegetation. but i learn many new things and adapt it to future grows as i go and i figure maybe one day i will be a wise old fart that "thinks" he knows everything. Practice makes perfect. Your first grow is hardly ever gonna be as good as your fourth. And by the time you get to your tenth harvest you'll be thinking to yourself, "what the hell was i thinking on my fourth grow" :) Hopefully one day we can all be wise old horticultural men. :peace: :allgood:

Always set off bug bombs that include spider mites before you start a new grow just for piece of mind sir. that should at least take care of the getting eaten problem. :nomo:

not the green one, but the 2 white hairs actually start forming at each node along the main stem, its the only indication but i have gotten it with all my fem plants. It's very noticeable that it's a pistil. I'll have to see if these new white widow and SLH seeds do the same thing as they're all femmed

THC, good to see you found the ol grandmas! That is the same stuff I use and it's great.. Has a bad smell to it though so don't get too close. It's kind of thick, but I just pour 1-2Tbsp in a gallon jug and shake it till its all mixed up.

not the green one, but the 2 white hairs actually start forming at each node along the main stem, its the only indication but i have gotten it with all my fem plants. It's very noticeable that it's a pistil. I'll have to see if these new white widow and SLH seeds do the same thing as they're all femmed

THC, good to see you found the ol grandmas! That is the same stuff I use and it's great.. Has a bad smell to it though so don't get too close. It's kind of thick, but I just pour 1-2Tbsp in a gallon jug and shake it till its all mixed up.

They do that while they are still vegging or what. I never get that. Not before I flip the switch to 12/12. Maybe they have a little auto in them or something.

yeah while under 24hrs of light every time around 3 wks into it. Could be strain dependent I thought cause it started happening with the blueberry kush i had, but when the wonder woman did it too, I figured something needed explaining. If the widow does it i might just get some reg seeds and see if they do it or not. are you dealing with fem seeds?

Back
Top Bottom