My Low Budget Medical Grow

looking just wonderful brother!!

always an exciting time and i look forward to watching your buds fatten up over the next few weeks! :cheesygrinsmiley:
keep up the green work! :goodjob: :peace:

looking just wonderful brother!!

always an exciting time and i look forward to watching your buds fatten up over the next few weeks! :cheesygrinsmiley:
keep up the green work! :goodjob: :peace:

Thanks man I want to see things fatten up too! Lately my inexperience has been catching up rite now mostly on my fav plant. I think my soil mix may be the problem as they read like 5 ph yasterday, last time I read was B-4 the transplant and it read 6.5. Her leaves up top are light greenish yellow and darker down lower. I was a little worried on the leaves and the ph really amped it so I scratched 2 TBls garden lime in each pot. I had just watered week 6 mix the day before just thinking maybe N was low. So Im reading how my soil can be turning acidic and theres lots of ways to cause it the way I mixed mine. With all this soil life Im trying to achieve and having compost and leaving some roots then my old peat in there breaking down and probly many other reasons. This isnt the first time my plants yellowed and finished early I just never caught the Ph part, and made my mixes stronger with organic amendments and I dont think I had enough lime either. so if I dont plain water that lime in tonight I will tomorrow maybe a heavy water to flush a little and test runoff ph.
After that dries up and its time to water again I have to figure out if I should go back to feeding every water like the bottles say, and see if more lime will be needed.
This grow started off good and has some potential I need to figure this out quick I posted a thread in the GROW ROOM problems pest and disease control asking advice
Light greenish yellow leaves high up on bag seed 21 day flower

Exciteing and stressful at times But I need lots of learning from experience and its worth it.

you can't go wrong with dolomite lime for high acidity- thats exactly what i would have done, raked in some dol. lime and probably added blood and bone meal for added N also. its good to see you doing research too! that will get you far alongside of your actual grow experience :cheesygrinsmiley: keep it up! ... alot of ppl dont do research or study relevant subject matter and wonder why they fail with growing!(among other things!)... it only takes a little looking and we can find the answers we need to resolve issues..
hope your ladies recover from their slight issue! all the best bro :thumb:

My issue mostly with B1 and her light leaves doesnt seem to have worsened. I have noticed bud growth on her in width some since I lightly flushed her on 2/20 lightly with 2 gal tap water. A2 I also flushed with 2 gals too and then I gasped for air when I was putting her back in the closet and heard that snap sound and seen this
005990.JPG

I grbbed sum tape and and did this
006857.JPG

the next morning the branch fell again from that poor tape job so I lifted it again and squeezed the tape more tighter and a few hours later she dropped again then I lifted her agin and used a pipe cleaner for support off main. this branch has a topper with size and height of the best on there and was hopeing that branch makes it. Today looking at branch I see no signs of death 3 days after a pretty major break hanging on barely!:oops:

Im gonna water this tea today that has been bubbling for 24hours. Its a 4 gal bucket with 1/2 cup worm castings and 1/2 cup homemade compost and I poured maybe 2 - 3 tbsp of molasses in.
0021184.JPG

I plan on not feeding my ferts every water now. I havent noticed burn yet,just with issues ariseing I need to maybe practice what a lot of people do here on giving what the plants show they need and definitely keep eye on soil ph.

howdy dude!

it's amazing how a plant can recover from such a break or a bit of an accidental snap!! loL i have done it so many times but you were spot on bro, tape and a bit of a splinter or support as you did- should see her right in no time! speaking of breaks- im driving a tractor for a crew of pickers on a 400acre pipfruit orchard at present and had to back an apple bin into a tight row of trees.. but in so doing i took out a 8 year old lower tier!! snapped it right back to a small handful of wood- DOH loL i lifted it quickly back into place and propped it up with a plank of wood i found a few rows down, before the boss could see hahaha but from previous years experience of such incidents i know that it will continue to support the fruit on it and in all likelyhood will recover completely... weeds the same.. even if its snapped back to a few small tendrils of plant matter it will still grow- AMAZING THINGS.

your tea looks hearty too brother! should be interesting to see how they lap that up :thumb:

keep it up dude! :peace: :Namaste:

Its about 4 weeks into flowering and I took a lot of pictures. I went over the plants looking for whatever and also checking for any signs of herming. Before this point in my last round the A strain hermed some the first time for me, I picked the male flowers as best I could letting her flower out. I got some seeds mostly A seeds but had taken a few male flowers that opened and smeared on some my B strain buds. The seeds turned out mostly looking premature since the flower only went 6 weeks but a few should sprout I'll guess. So that brought up is my strain rising herm genes and at this point in current grow I've seen no signs so far.I did also work on a possible light leek that may have been culprit. So I have some fem seeds of A strain and my creation of A pollen going on B flowers. Oh my broke branch looks good still. Im just looking for those buds to start swelling up soon,
mostly A1 left and B1 right
0021185.JPG

mostly B2 left 3 right
03792.JPG

this is the V from topping B1 the branch in the middle is from lower on the stem, the V grew about 12 inches each way
008748.JPG

A 2 broken branch support
010631.JPG

013460.JPG

B 1 main cola
016338.JPG

and another topper from her
017299.JPG

:yummy::peace:

I learned about Brix levels on our plants and foods after joining 420 and DocBud was the reason. It has changed my thinkings on our family gardening to achieve the best tasting and more healthy nutrient dense foods. I wont be able to go true high brix but focussing on mineralizing my soils will be a good start.I thought organic was the way of the best, but its gotta be high brix organic. So Ive never grew for it yet but its already embeded in mind now as THE best. Actually I attempted a recycled brix mix that was mixed half and half with last grows mix.
Need Help and advice starting High Brix grow
And thats what this grow was transplanted into. The As came from 1gal pots to these 3gal ones and the Bs came from solo cups to 3gal of the mix. All 5 pots had live worms in them not purposely placed, I filled each pot with mix and"winter rain leached" flushed them. Next day I just scraped the surface and seen a live worm in each pot not too deep. When it came time to transplant I dumped each pot in a rubber tote to add the amendments specifically one pot at a time and then seen at least 3- 4 worms per pot stirring by hand. So it would be disapointing if there were no live worms at the end of this grow to me since Im trying to have a live soil life grow with no chemicals.
Anyways I found this in a high brix grow, again DocBud is the influence, and am thinking it could relate to my yellowing up top slightly yet still growing. I did have to keep ph in check but there hasnt been a full recovery yet/greening or getting worse either.

Energy does amazing things for these plants... Doc touched on just what it's doing in a reply over in Curso's journal...

Originally Posted by DocBud
Yep. The "Energy" drench changes the ionic balance (CE) of the soil. It's not so much that you're feeding the plant, more like changing the voltage of the soil. They green up pronto when you do that.

I used to wonder why every now and then the plant would turn yellow, mainly from the top. A year ago, I surmised it was a sulfur or zinc deficiency....which it is not.

When the soil energy goes flat, the microbes go on strike. Give 'em some cations and some nitrate and in a few hours the color comes right back. They still photosynthesize even though they're yellow.
All I can say is
| Unlike
You, Propa Gator, Hash Hound and 3 others like this.
Current Grow: Vapedogg223 Goes True High Brix w/ Doc Bud's Kit!
Purpose-Built High Brix Soil - Dutch Passion Blueberry - 1000W HPS - Square Root Aeration Containers
FROM POST #91 ON
Vapedogg223 Goes True High Brix

So I feel the microbes in B1 are on strike and a little in A2 too. I need to figure out how to do this and learn more on CE cations and nitrate . I wonder if this is the cause of my 2 other grows that yellowed and ended up early finishing too. This time I checked Ph and caught that issue and hope that will be ticket to longer flower as things are growing decent now at 29days flower. Thers lots of hairs/pistils but decieving looks since we want those swollen calyxes dense with resin. Hieght growth is slowed, I dont plan on much more now and I have noticed some calyxes pushn out sideways on some buds. So Now its just watch wait game. Today they were watered 3 gals of 1/2 tsp super thrive 1/2 tsp of Bio Bud and maybe ! tbsp of molasses per gal. I plan on Pics tomorrow again lol and hope to get/learn how to close up shots if possible on camera Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS DIGITAL ELPH.:tokin:

The dolomite will stabilize your pH, but unfortunately it will inhibit nitrogen uptake somewhat.

At this point, don't try anymore soil fixes, but do try to find some calcium nitrate. It's very cheap at agricultural supply and feed stores. Liquid is best.

All the organic material becomes acidic, as you noted. But the pH isn't the main problem. The CEC of the soil goes flat. Don' worry about what that means right now, just understand that trying to feed "deficiencies" wil have you chasing your tail.

If you can give them a good drench with calcium nitrate, things should turn around quickly.

The dolomite will stabilize your pH, but unfortunately it will inhibit nitrogen uptake somewhat.

At this point, don't try anymore soil fixes, but do try to find some calcium nitrate. It's very cheap at agricultural supply and feed stores. Liquid is best.

All the organic material becomes acidic, as you noted. But the pH isn't the main problem. The CEC of the soil goes flat. Don' worry about what that means right now, just understand that trying to feed "deficiencies" wil have you chasing your tail.

If you can give them a good drench with calcium nitrate, things should turn around quickly.

Thats my plans for tomorrow calcium nitrate Thanks DocBud I got this Espoma organic Garden lime in search of the calcium for the 6/5/3 powders because it had 21% calcium for garaunteed analysis. I am so inexperienced but have the love of growing and gardening that really has taken over me. I have and would weed someones garden for enjoyment and amazement of the soil life and plants. I thought compost was how to do it and be natural and now Im learning about brix and understand reasons to avoid the compost Ive been using. thats a big change in thinking there but worm castings can be used and Ive always had that dream of vermicomposting succesfully and that would be how I plan on doing this change. I would recycle my plants and some kitchen scraps with some composter worms. I should go ask on Docs journal on that way.
Wow he posted on my journal!:adore:
So much respect I have for DocBud

I forgot to post pics yesterday. In about an hour I go to hydro store in search of calcium nitrate and plan on watering it in today if I can get it mostly for first pic but probably will give to them all
009669.JPG

looking nice buds are growing and could be middle of flower now for a 8 week flower attempt, But the issues I need to control so she or they dont finish earlier than target and also the GLR effect they recieved since they were on GLR at least 2 weeks prior to budding and that may shorten flower also ?
The crystals are setting up shop now
019247.JPG

These toppers are my fav strain the B's
014414.JPG

018289.JPG

017303.JPG

Man now I have to wait some time and dream of whats to come:rollit::tokin: I saving for a DocBud High Brix Kit and products needed for the grow And need to order seeds 4the first time.I plan on one more run after these like same way, some adjustments tho,to finish end of May.Gotta start clones now. Then start with High Brix grow and new strain/strains? Thats the plans heres some more pics
:peace::smokin:
027156.JPG

024170.JPG

Thanks DocBud I did hit hydro store in search of calcium nitrate. Had to ask and then got the do this use this deal and after some BS had to look at products for myself. So the best I could find was, Botanicare cal-mag plus. derived from:calcium Nitrate,Magnesium Nitrate, Iron EDTA Analysis total N (nitrate nitrogen) 2% Ca 3.2% Mg water soluable 1.2% Fe (chelated Iron) 0.1% Basically its to late if wrong stuff since I watered at full strength 1 tsp per gal dechlorinatd tap on them all , 3gal of it. Guess Il see effects tomorrow, hopefully none bad or burnt.
I also got clonex gel , rapid rooters and dome and a chance of getting better light deal for $300, a 600w digital ballast, vented hood, bulb,and 6" inline fan? May change things getting a 600 over here in yeild! Likeing that, just have to work over the boss. MY WIFE
Lets hope for best and DocBUd if you see this let me know if cal mag plus is OK and should I repeat use if things dont go bad. OH that shop has promix HP and smartpots which a 7 gal looks smaller than I imagined, I would use 7gal if I get the 600 for sure on my future brix kit grow.

Thanks DocBud I did hit hydro store in search of calcium nitrate. Had to ask and then got the do this use this deal and after some BS had to look at products for myself. So the best I could find was, Botanicare cal-mag plus. derived from:calcium Nitrate,Magnesium Nitrate, Iron EDTA Analysis total N (nitrate nitrogen) 2% Ca 3.2% Mg water soluable 1.2% Fe (chelated Iron) 0.1% Basically its to late if wrong stuff since I watered at full strength 1 tsp per gal dechlorinatd tap on them all , 3gal of it. Guess Il see effects tomorrow, hopefully none bad or burnt.
I also got clonex gel , rapid rooters and dome and a chance of getting better light deal for $300, a 600w digital ballast, vented hood, bulb,and 6" inline fan? May change things getting a 600 over here in yeild! Likeing that, just have to work over the boss. MY WIFE
Lets hope for best and DocBUd if you see this let me know if cal mag plus is OK and should I repeat use if things dont go bad. OH that shop has promix HP and smartpots which a 7 gal looks smaller than I imagined, I would use 7gal if I get the 600 for sure on my future brix kit grow.

The good news: using the Botanicare calmag won't hurt anything.
The bad news: there's not enough calcium nitrate in it to balance out the magnesium, so you're not going to get that much help from it.

For future reference:

Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) will negate nitrate's effect on the plant. Nitrate (NO3) is a water soluble, fast acting nitrogen. It also leeches out very fast. This is the type of nitrogen that can give you the claw very easily.

So, if you ever have the claw, or are worried you over fertilized you can add epsom salt, which will negate the problems. It has to do with differing ionic charges.

So in the future, try to get just calcium nitrate when this issue comes up, which it does fairly often in organics. Ag supply stores will have it for sure.

But what you used wont' do any harm and might just help a bit!

2 times today started post and red xd the site off. Nothing good finding calciumnitrate I may order off internet powder/granular stuff Heres some pics on my girls in need of help
B2 starting to showing flat CEC just noticeing
006864.JPG

B3 showing same for a week now
015377.JPG

And B1 the first to show in this flower about weeks
014419.JPG

shes suffering bad
A1 looks best A2 right been showing shortly after B1
024173.JPG

SO with waters 2/28calmag+ water next one was last fertilized water3/3 Probably plain dechlorinated tap to the end 3/6 was watered plain After I watered 3/6 I remembered calmag+ and wonder should I keep useing as a nutrient now?

021247.JPG

017309.JPG

016344.JPG

013470.JPG

012485.JPG

frustrated stress now, but at the same time I thank DocBud for letting me know what the problem should be.
:Namaste: Keep em greener than me :winkyface:

29611.JPG

Here is some of the popcorn buds. I wish I had some of that from last grow, Im only smokeing roaches and trim now. I want to wait 2 more weeks for these girls since buds seem to be still growing, Last water was 3 gallons of 1 tsp calmag+ and about a tbls of molasses per gal. Tomorrow they will have another drink of maybe the same , just plain? or even another feeding Then 2weeks of plain Tomorrows thoughts are to come and I will post.:thedoubletake::surrender:

hey brother, if you are having trouble finding calcium nitrate you could also widen your search a little to 'calcium ammonium nitrate'-- which is what we use alot of at work- my hort constultant manager prefers CAN to CN as CAN also contains a small %of CN also.. and is great for immediate as well as delayed release of fert. imho if you are finding that nutrient isnt being taken up by the plant due to imbalanced ph levels then you should def use dol lime to neutralize acidity and apply a supplement to balance deficiency. i dont see how lime inhibits the absorption of N as it only balances PH.. and as such it makes N more available to the plant as a result(as well as other macro and micro elements). we have known this for years with pip and stonefruit applications and micro-anatomy of soil-understanding the microbial activity that actually enables nutrient uptake(hort 101).. if it wasnt that simple the multi-million dollar hort company i work for wouldnt be doing it! and would be utilizing "growing fads" instead. no need to reinvent the wheel when the solution is simple.
atb brother

Back
Top Bottom