My Perpetual Foursome

Nice man I hope you get one. You won't regret it. When I started off I just had the viparspar but soon as I upgraded to a chip board light I feel a lot more legit. You know how you get an anxious feeling after a bad purchase? Like you know you coulda got a better deal? Well I promise that won't happen in this case ;)

I think you are wondering the same thing I am MrSauga. In some of the pics it looks like the leaves have dark veins & in one pic the leaves look discolored in areas. Not sure if it's the lighting making them appear that way. If not, something seems a little off; but not sure what it would be. Other than that plants look ready for flight.

I think you are wondering the same thing I am MrSauga. In some of the pics it looks like the leaves have dark veins & in one pic the leaves look discolored in areas. Not sure if it's the lighting making them appear that way. If not, something seems a little off; but not sure what it would be. Other than that plants look ready for flight.
Correct. There are some things going on which shouldn't be happening. Some plants look light in color but looking at the medium it has an odd water pattern or mark to it and many of the pots look like the soil is coming away from the fab pots which means it's probably drying out too much.

So the extra top on the Amnesia Haze made 5 total stems. Well the 5th bonus stem that is growing where I cut also split in two. When it's all said and done amnesia haze will have 6 main stems all will be equally apically dominating. Which is awesome. The others are coming along beautifully. Peach Puree I call my perfect mainline cause well it looks pretty perfect.

Anyway enough tooting my own horn. Have a good day all !!

They're all the same color. It's the lighting. Some pics I take outside the tent some inside. Two of them had light burn so some old leaves look wierd. One plant has some interesting color patterns and it's a little slower growing. I've been doing the exact same routine with all of them so your guess is as good as mine they're growing fast tho.

Edit: watered quit a bit about 24 oz per plant, no run off.

Attachments

• 15831531048363058105473599609653.jpg
    15831531048363058105473599609653.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
Jumping in if you don’t mind! I’ve also jumped on the MC wagon, seedlings opening up right now!

Your grow is looking good!

Every few days, I've only gotten run off once or twice. Should I be watering until run off? @MrSauga
OK so I think you need to get those pots completely wet, then let them completely dry. IIRC you're in 3gal pots, so you would need approx 2 quarts of water for some runoff. Maybe add a half quart at a time until it's all done. You don't want a lot of runoff and try not to get it confused with the water blowing by the medium. Sometimes watering too fast and the water blows through to the bottom and out.
Edit: watered quit a bit about 24 oz per plant, no run off.
So 24oz is about 3/4 of a quart so it's why you have not seen any runoff. The plants will be happier with soil that is completely wet, then allowed to completely dry before watering again.

OK so I think you need to get those pots completely wet, then let them completely dry. IIRC you're in 3gal pots, so you would need approx 2 quarts of water for some runoff. Maybe add a half quart at a time until it's all done. You don't want a lot of runoff and try not to get it confused with the water blowing by the medium. Sometimes watering too fast and the water blows through to the bottom and out.

So 24oz is about 3/4 of a quart so it's why you have not seen any runoff. The plants will be happier with soil that is completely wet, then allowed to completely dry before watering again.
No problem I'll do exactly that. Do you recommend I add a layer of soil on top and get it packed in real nice then give it a good watering?

That’s the plan!
No problem I'll do exactly that. Do you recommend I add a layer of soil on top and get it packed in real nice then give it a good watering?

Exactly what MrS said is how I’ve watered, I always keep watering until I see a bit of runoff and once and awhile I shoot for 20% runoff to make sure there is a good soak and to flush out some buildup. The hard part is having the patience to let it dry out so the roots grow!

I think you have enough soil in your pots, you don’t want to ever really compact it as that can lead to less efficient drainage.

Well you should never pack your medium. Tamp it by bumping it up and down a few times to get rid of air pockets and help it compress a bit.
I wouldn't fill them up at this point either, but whenever doing an uppot always try and fill the pots to the top first then do the transplant.

Are you planning to uppot again in the near future or is this the final home for them?
No they'll be in 7gallons once they get a bit bigger. I meant just fill in any loose spots not compress it. Seems like the soil gets lower and lower the more we water. It was definitely started off all the way to the rim. I'll take your advice though and not top layer.

I have 2 gallons and my sprayer ready I'm about to slow water the shit outta these and get the roots drenched like you said. I definitely think this could help with the odd leaf patterns. I've never had underwater symptoms before. I was getting careless using solo cups and pouring maybe too fast at times. The sprayer is slow but is perfect need to be more patient.

Back
Top Bottom