My sativa, I love her.

Hey guys snapped a couple pictures today...shes getting close to harvest. I'm guessing 15% of the hairs are brown, and many of the fan leaves are yellowing. I now have a total of 16,000 lumens now. Heres a couple randoms

03-04-07_1640.jpg

A couple of my tops, lmao
03-04-07_1643.jpg

branch
03-04-07_1646.jpg

03-04-07_1648.jpg

WE ARE ALL SAVED!!
03-04-07_1650.jpg

I'm going to assume...but ask first..

It's cool to cut off the fan leaves when they are gone right? I would obvously wait untill all the green is sucked out of them. If they have yellow in them still does that mean there are still nutes in them? Should I wait untill they are brown or just when they lose the green? Just dont want them blocking the light.. The buds are getting huge guys!! i'm so mofoing stooked!!

I was told to just let them fall off on their own, but I'm pretty sure its ok to cut them. In my opinion the plant is using energy on keeping those dying leaves on when it could be focusing that same energy else where, i.e. bud production.

ive heard that when you cut them, the plant is shocked b/c its still feeding off a dieing leaf, to me its like a lion with a deer, they already killed it, would you go up n take it from them after they started eating?

Agreed, lets see those clones you were telling me about too!

pictures waiting... I was going to take some pictures earlier but I didn't think anyone gave a fuck so I was going to let the thread die, ha.

hey
i am the first to see this!!
i win

buds and branches! As you can see I've lost nearly ALL of the leaves, except for the top foot of the plant. Very strange but whatever!!
334602682.JPG

GUILTY AS CHARGED :) haha
33460282.JPG

33460275.JPG

33460280.JPG

334602651.JPG

I dunno why but I only took a picture of like the smallest bud lol ^

more pictures in a minute..

And at the other end of the plant...

my four tops.. lol
33460292.JPG

33460278.JPG

Talk about a kickass setup! (j/k) A friend left her hair thing over so I took advantage of it!
334602701.JPG

334602612.JPG

She's moving soooo sloooooww, stupid whore... but oh well. I bought a magnifying glass today and I checked out the little trichomes things? (sp), and they all seemed pretty clear still.. it was hard to tell though cause the glass only does x4. Soon hopefully she will be ready to harvest soon. I would guess about 15-20% MAX of the hairs have died...

I have something special planned for tomorrow :)
33460290.JPG

THANKS FOR READING :adore: :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace: :smokin:

Lookin'good .....but .....being a sativa ....that plant has a LONG way to go before harvest. The biggest mistake people make with sativa is harvesting way to early !:allgood:

Akorn- Thanks for the info about the curlys, thats suprising though cause I was really against giving it nutes, and only did sparingly, but I'm sure your right.

.....but .....being a sativa ....that plant has a LONG way to go before harvest.

Damn.... I guess it really doesn't matter to me since I'm only going to end up getting rid of the most of the bud... but I would still like to use my closet for some other plants, ya know? My clone is my livingroom right now! lmao ..And yeah I wont rush the harvest at all.

MX6.... lookin good.... dont worry about the clone... mine looked like that too... she'll turn around soon, i only had one cool CFL on her for about a month and now shes back to normal... good luck bro

Something I remember from long ago - When I first attempted growing my own , there was not much choice or should I say availability of different strains to grow . It was either sativa or sativa . This caused a problem , because of their equatorial beginings the most dark period that they would ever encounter naturally was 12 hours . Giving the plants a 12 / 12 light period seemed to stretch the flowering period out extra long. To get a quicker harvest we used a 11 / 13 cycle to start and gradually decreased one half hour every 2 to 3 weeks or so under the assumption that the plants would react to an ever decreaseing light period by increaseing their flower production . I don't know how this would hold up under scientific scrutiny , but being young and desperate at the time , that's how we handled the long flowering time of sativas. :smokin3:

Something I remember from long ago - When I first attempted growing my own , there was not much choice or should I say availability of different strains to grow . It was either sativa or sativa . This caused a problem , because of their equatorial beginings the most dark period that they would ever encounter naturally was 12 hours . Giving the plants a 12 / 12 light period seemed to stretch the flowering period out extra long. To get a quicker harvest we used a 11 / 13 cycle to start and gradually decreased one half hour every 2 to 3 weeks or so under the assumption that the plants would react to an ever decreaseing light period by increaseing their flower production . I don't know how this would hold up under scientific scrutiny , but being young and desperate at the time , that's how we handled the long flowering time of sativas. :smokin3:

thanks for the info!!!

What do you guys think of these leaves... they have some purple i can see it faintly on other leaves, too.

33460309.JPG

33460310.JPG

Purplization, How cool is the room getting? I realize it got cold for a minute here in MI, is your room affected from it? I saw some good sized buds around though. One of my plants took upwards twards 6 mo to grow, probibly 5 mo for flower, we will see.

Back
Top Bottom