My Small Time 100% Organic Multi Strain Tent

Interesting that the neem discussion is still going.

Just spraying a week ago, it does seem like there's a good bit taken up into the plant. A week after the last of two sprays, I can still smell it on the leaves today. My girls are still a few months off, so I'm not worried about final flavour. The plants are looking great post-spray, the local environment seems healthy. I haven't decided if I'll hit them again or not.

The question did get me to thinking and googling though. If it's getting into the plant, even only spraying in veg, of course you're ingesting some quantity* of it when you smoke the plant. So is it ok to smoke in residual (whatever that means, precisely) amounts. According to the internet, large quantities do seem to be toxic - it's possible to get neem poisoning, for instance.... That said, it's a natural oil, and you can overdose on a lot of things that are ok in small doses and even necessary in mini ones. Also worth considering, Neem is used, topically, to treat fungal infections etc on humans, so there may even be a dose which, although you can't necessarily taste it, is beneficial to the body - i.e. is there some quantity that might make us, the growing and smoking community, personally less prone bud rot, more virile, more handsome etc.

Anyway, according to the Neem Foundation - so NO bias there of course - "Neem has been highly successfully against harmful fungi, parasites, and viruses. Although it can destroy these, it does not kill off beneficial intestinal flora nor produce adverse side effects."

A

The Neem Oil Conversation!

Interesting that the neem discussion is still going.

Just spraying a week ago, it does seem like there's a good bit taken up into the plant. A week after the last of two sprays, I can still smell it on the leaves today. My girls are still a few months off, so I'm not worried about final flavour. The plants are looking great post-spray, the local environment seems healthy. I haven't decided if I'll hit them again or not.

The question did get me to thinking and googling though. If it's getting into the plant, even only spraying in veg, of course you're ingesting some quantity* of it when you smoke the plant. So is it ok to smoke in residual (whatever that means, precisely) amounts. According to the internet, large quantities do seem to be toxic - it's possible to get neem poisoning, for instance.... That said, it's a natural oil, and you can overdose on a lot of things that are ok in small doses and even necessary in mini ones. Also worth considering, Neem is used, topically, to treat fungal infections etc on humans, so there may even be a dose which, although you can't necessarily taste it, is beneficial to the body - i.e. is there some quantity that might make us, the growing and smoking community, personally less prone bud rot, more virile, more handsome etc.

Anyway, according to the Neem Foundation - so NO bias there of course - "Neem has been highly successfully against harmful fungi, parasites, and viruses. Although it can destroy these, it does not kill off beneficial intestinal flora nor produce adverse side effects."

A

Hey brother,

I'm thinking along those same lines for sure!
I'm hoping that one spray will be enough for me, since I have to do an Epsom Salt foliar tomorrow, and I've read that you should NOT use Neem after using any Sulfur containing products, as the two will combine chemically forming phytotoxins, and a month after Wednesday, I'll be 20 something days into flowering, soooooo yeah!

But in looking for more information on the matter, I found that there are several universities that have done studies with Neem, so the unbiased information is out there.

Have at it :nomo:!
It's all there! Everything Neem that is!

:peace: & Blessings brother

Ps, thanks for the contribution!

Thanks for the input Johnny! Any residual left by harvest should be so low(if only used in veg at least) that I highly doubt it would have any effects you know? And as far as beneficial in smoke form, maybe... But It would definitely irritate your lungs and make the smoke more harsh, if there was enough residue left, do you agree? Like if you get neem on your skin it irritates it. But I think that would only happen if you sprayed in flower.

Someone needs to just hook it up and do some labs with neem effects on cannabis LOL! But if used correctly I think it's perfectly fine in veg.

And Green here's a pic. I think my cameras just hopeless on getting a good pic haha.
image8508.jpg

That chunk of leaf missing is from me. I cut it to look under the microscope for bugs lol

She Looks Thrilled Brother! I'm Excited! And No More Neem Talk Lol! & My Soil Mix!!!!

Thanks for the input Johnny! Any residual left by harvest should be so low(if only used in veg at least) that I highly doubt it would have any effects you know? And as far as beneficial in smoke form, maybe... But It would definitely irritate your lungs and make the smoke more harsh, if there was enough residue left, do you agree? Like if you get neem on your skin it irritates it. But I think that would only happen if you sprayed in flower.

Someone needs to just hook it up and do some labs with neem effects on cannabis LOL! But if used correctly I think it's perfectly fine in veg.

And Green here's a pic. I think my cameras just hopeless on getting a good pic haha.
That chunk of leaf missing is from me. I cut it to look under the microscope for bugs lol

Very nice pic brother! She looks extra pleased lol! :goodjob:
I bet you it's gonna be a MONSTER with so much room to roam around in! I'm excited :rollit:

And NO MORE NEEM TALK lol. Seriously! Theres enough of it on the last page!
That search link that I provided a couple posts ago has more than enough info on Neem, coming from university studies! So hit that up and have at it for a while to find info on it from people who have thoroughly researched the stuff!
In terms of marijuana specific studies, we'll have to wait a few years for the majority of those to come out.
But in terms of botany, it's all there! So lets kill all the Neem talk lol!
:rip: to that topic lol, unless you wanna make a thread on it :passitleft:!

But on another note, today I top dressed each plant with 1/2tsp of crushed eggshell! So we'll see how that goes! I also watered each just a bit to water the crushed shell in with about 1/2cup of H2O(+/-4mL)!

To crush the egg shells I took them out of the freezer and put them into the over on 170F for about 20-30 minutes to be sure that why were totally dried, and then I pul them in the Nutri-Bullet for about 2-3mins!
Came out to a really nice powder! Pretty much the same consistency of a powdered amendment!
Should also add that to get a 1/2cup of crushed eggshell mix, you would need about 2 dozen eggshells it seems. From 9 eggshells I was able to get almost 1cup of the crushed eggshell.

I'm not gonna upload any pics until this weekend with day 1 flower, just so that I can start a schedule of uploading a photo weekly, but all things are going great on my end too brother.

Also should add that yesterday gave a coconut water foliar to the first batch, an the aspirin foliar to the 2nd batch. The recipes are 4-5 post back!

But tomorrow they all get an Epsom Salt foliar! This will be their 1st of 2 Cal/Mg treatments! I would have done it today, but they got a foliar last night, so I'll wait until tomorrow night for this one.
But I have some curling up at dying at some tips, so I know that they needed some in knowing my soil mix.
I figured the EWCs, tea, ACT, and Excelerite would have me covered, but doesn't seem that way.

So if anyone might be seeing this thinking of running with my soil, I'd add 1/2cup crushed eggshells per cubic ft to sure up the Ca part. Either that or Crab shell meal, or Crushed oyster shell. Pref. Crab shell meal for the added fungi feeding chitin!

Also, that bagseed is looking surely like a females based on the "look" in the nodes and of the overall plant.
But I feel like one of the Grape Head plants might be a male based on its "look" and spacing of the nodes!
I hope I have all females except the bag seed, but we'll see!

Keep that woman of yours happy brother!
She looks thrilled!

:peace: & Blessings my brother!

Great stuff on what you did! I was going to say that eggshells take forever to become available, but putting them in the oven helped A TON! I've got my eggshell/apple vinegar mix still sitting so if it was in 2 weeks I'd say come get some! But if for any reason you get calcium problems in flower I gotcha on some potent soluble calcium! Also my Alfa Alfa/kelp ferment would do wonders if you want a nutrient boost. Lacto + some of this vermicompost to top dress with too! I gotcha of any of it lol. But you already know that.

And I totally agree on killing the neem talk LOL.

Excited for the bag seed mostly haha just because we don't know what it'll be. Blessings!

Cheers My Brother!

Great stuff on what you did! I was going to say that eggshells take forever to become available, but putting them in the oven helped A TON! I've got my eggshell/apple vinegar mix still sitting so if it was in 2 weeks I'd say come get some! But if for any reason you get calcium problems in flower I gotcha on some potent soluble calcium! Also my Alfa Alfa/kelp ferment would do wonders if you want a nutrient boost. Lacto + some of this vermicompost to top dress with too! I gotcha of any of it lol. But you already know that.

And I totally agree on killing the neem talk LOL.

Excited for the bag seed mostly haha just because we don't know what it'll be. Blessings!

Cheers bro!

If it ever gets to the point that I need to hit the highway, I will lol!
And I should have brought some of the vermicompost back this way the last time I came for sure!
And nice with the ferment work! Can't wait to see how you use em!
And yeah I know you got me covered brother! Appreciate ya :high-five:

:peace: & Blessings

Ps, At 10 tonight on CNN is Weed 2, the follow up from Sanjay Gupta :riskybusiness:.
Gotta love any national exposure!

Moderators!

Please close this thread if you will please!
I will not be completing it!

I need to be sure of everything that I say and do before I plan on trying to share with others what I think I know. So rather than posting here like I know it all, I'm going back underground to the cave!

I'll be back when I do know it all hahaha!

:peace: & Blessings

See you all on the other side!

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to discontinue this journal. I hope everything is okay.

I'm going move this to Abandoned Journals for now but if you decide to continue updating/finish this journal, please let me know and I'll move it back to Journals in Progress a.s.a.p.

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

O fuck, just when I found it :(

Back
Top Bottom