My Small Time 100% Organic Multi Strain Tent

I had the same problem. They refer me to the web page, which refers me to a report that doesn't mention chlorine or chloramine. Only fluoride. So IDK really. I wonder where we can send water out to be tested, like a soil test, ya know?

And I live high in the pristine Rocky Mountains. The single water source for the city water I have is listed as being from a local river. So if I had to guess I would say I may have some of the best tap water around. That's the problem, I don't wanna guess. :(
Not when it comes to the ganja!

So yeah water tests? Any ideas?

And check your email I sent ya something.

Living In The Mountains I'd Take My Chances Brother! But Then Again...

I had the same problem. They refer me to the web page, which refers me to a report that doesn't mention chlorine or chloramine. Only fluoride. So IDK really. I wonder where we can send water out to be tested, like a soil test, ya know?

And I live high in the pristine Rocky Mountains. The single water source for the city water I have is listed as being from a local river. So if I had to guess I would say I may have some of the best tap water around. That's the problem, I don't wanna guess. :(
Not when it comes to the ganja!

So yeah water tests? Any ideas?

And check your email I sent ya something.

I lived in the mountains for the past few years and grew there using only tap water, but I've moved to a bigger city since then, and am unsure of what the scoop is, or where any local freshwater might be coming from, so I've resorted to bottled water while I can afford it lol.

The website here makes the water sound real good and mentions nothing about Chloromines either, even lists the water as soft water and low super low ppms, So I'm at a loss too lol.
But I'm gonna give it a try sooner than later for sure!
I'll just keep saving the water bottles I buy and filling them up and sitting them to the side, so that they have ample time to gas off, and then before I use it, I'll be sure to bubble it for 24 hours as well.
But like I said, right now I'm only spending at max about $5 a week which is doable without thinking twice, but I know that I'll be up to $10-$15 a week in no time, so when that time comes, I'll be sure to try it out and see what happens.

But if I were in the mountains still, I'd use water from the tap no doubt.
I used tap water living in the mountains and never had a problem.
I read somewhere when are started that if there were and abundance of streams and mountains in your area, that the water would be good, so I applied that and had success in doing so.

But I'm like you in my current situation in a newer, larger city lol, and don't wanna guess!
But In your situation I'd bet that your water is good.
Sucks about ppl operating a damn water quality hotline but not even knowing what Chloromines are lol.
I confused two ppl asking the lol. Both thought I meant chlorine hahah.
They need to be retrained or fired damn!

But I have no idea in regards to where to look or possibly send the water for testing.
On first thought, maybe an aquarium or pet store you know?!
And on second thought, a bit of time on the internet searching, and the PeeJay lol!
What do you think brother(@PeeJay)?

:peace: & Blessings

Ps, depending on how much water I need, I may or may not use the tap water this run.
Im ok paying up to $10 a week for the next couple of months, but anything more I'm not having it lol.

You Don't Get To Share Opinions Without Any Science Behind Them Brother! Not You!

Sucks about the sleep lol! I swear if I don't smoke before bed my mind will be racing too hard. Tried it las night and didnt fall asleep until like 5am lol!

And yeah I'm done with the pest control thing lol try what works for you is all I can say.

I was also nuking my root zone with water back then though lol! But mites won't come because say there's some dirt on the ground they will come if you tracked some dirt from outside that contained them. Dirty conditions just make it easier for them to live and thrive I feel like. But all opinions over here as you already know.

In my closing thoughts on this I just don't like neem it's just my personal thought and experience. But that doesn't mean I won't spray it in once in veg. If I have good results ill edit all I said haha.

Edit: no comment on Obama LOL our society(gov't I should say) is kinda pathetic (which is why I don't watch it) so if there's impending nuclear war let me know via this lol ill be over here gardening.

Double edit: got the 2.5 pounds of Alfa Alfa today!! About to plant in the bin! Also gonna use the old bin you gave me and fill it with them and put into the sun. Will culture their nitrogen fixing bacteria once they get established and add that culture to the bin! Even though it won't be needed since there's already going to be Alfa Alfa in there ill still do it jus because lol

Ok look, you don't get to just blurt out opinions with no science backing them lol. Not you.
Why not? Because I expect more from you as a friend, advisor, and a potential future partner!
So come harder for future reference! Take that all constructively and as love knowing how I operate.
I don't mind anyone else posting whatever lol, but you don't get that pass brother! Not today, not tomorrow, or any of the days after that!

Lol, if you don't like something, state why and speak on your personal experiences with it you know?!
How did you use it? What was the outcome? Things of that nature! I'm here to challenge you, and to be challenged by you brother.
Nothing less is acceptable! Likewise nice that you got the alfalfa seed to sow, but in the same sense, we don't do things just because! We do everything for a reason brother! That way we succeed always.

& I will always hold you to a standard as high as the one I hold myself to.

And I feel you about society lol, it is sad. I don't know why I even keep up with the times anymore.
I should probably start working towards finding myself a cave and a fertile patch of land lol, so that when all goes to hell I can just chill!

At least I'll know how to garden too lol. Hopefully we don't have to go to war with Russia lol.

Sucks about the sleep lol! I swear if I don't smoke before bed my mind will be racing too hard. Tried it las night and didnt fall asleep until like 5am lol!

And yeah I'm done with the pest control thing lol try what works for you is all I can say.

I was also nuking my root zone with water back then though lol! But mites won't come because say there's some dirt on the ground they will come if you tracked some dirt from outside that contained them. Dirty conditions just make it easier for them to live and thrive I feel like. But all opinions over here as you already know.

In my closing thoughts on this I just don't like neem it's just my personal thought and experience. But that doesn't mean I won't spray it in once in veg. If I have good results ill edit all I said haha.

Edit: no comment on Obama LOL our society(gov't I should say) is kinda pathetic (which is why I don't watch it) so if there's impending nuclear war let me know via this lol ill be over here gardening.

Double edit: got the 2.5 pounds of Alfa Alfa today!! About to plant in the bin! Also gonna use the old bin you gave me and fill it with them and put into the sun. Will culture their nitrogen fixing bacteria once they get established and add that culture to the bin! Even though it won't be needed since there's already going to be Alfa Alfa in there ill still do it jus because lol

Interesting. While I do not have experience dealing with these problems... yet [I do with tomatoes], I did once work for a Turkey Farm (yes, gobble, gobble) that had different turkeys at different stages of development in different barns. When going from one barn to the next we always, every time, had to sanitize our boots to kill off any diseases or germs to not transfer them to other turkeys. We stepped in a vat/galvanized container filled with the proper sanitizers. I would think a similar process could be used fairly inexpensively even if one could only afford anti-bacterial dish soap.
On a lighter note I did take advantage of the 10,000 turkey audience by pretending I was Ted Nugent playing Great White Buffalo while my adoring turkey fans cheered me on. It was easy to get them to gobble in unison and 10,000 of them doing it is actually quite loud. :rocker:

Re: You Don't Get To Share Opinions Without Any Science Behind Them Brother! Not You!

My goal was to tell people to stay away from neem oil(as I said these were opinions from experience and never told anyone to not try it on their own) as much as you can.

It was to let people know the most effective way to get rid of spider mites is and always will be predators.

I think you guys took it wrong or maybe I typed it wrong ill look back.

Essential oils do volatilize in a day or two but I cannot find ANY research about how long neem lasts in the plant internal tissue. I found a grower who says when he sprayed neem in week 4 of flower, harvested at week 8, his buds tasted ever so slightly like it(this proves to me that neem stays in the plant for longer than advertised. Toxins can gather and take time to break them down safely enough to exit the cell) not enough is known about neems internal effects on plants(if you found something point me there) so therefor my opinion would be don't use it unless absolutely necessary( as with all essential oils) so why risk anything if predators do the job 100%. I will start researching more today or tomorrow and provide some links! It's all love I don't bash opinions of anyone so somebody please prove me wrong with legit research(edu links or any of that) or just ignore me.

We growers need to move as one and correct each other whenever possible not laugh behind backs like children. So if you know something I said to be wrong please teach me the right thing!!! I'm just a kid and I'm always learning and disproving misconceptions ive learned over time.

My personal opinion (based on facts) is that volatilization is rapidly decreased within a plants tissue due to environmental conditions unfavorable for volatilzation to Occur.Maybe one day I can prove/disprove this in research.

Blessings to everyone I'm just high rambling again(found a cheap 8th LOL!!)

Edit: please somebody prove me wrong! I'm begging you lol! This subject is very in depth and I'd love some great knowledge!

Edit:edit: also neem is used as a fungicide. Does this have interaction with our precious endophytes? Nobody knows lol what a surprise.

Triple edit: appreciate the constructive critism bro! Got me looking into neem a little more!

Interesting. While I do not have experience dealing with these problems... yet [I do with tomatoes], I did once work for a Turkey Farm (yes, gobble, gobble) that had different turkeys at different stages of development in different barns. When going from one barn to the next we always, every time, had to sanitize our boots to kill off any diseases or germs to not transfer them to other turkeys. We stepped in a vat/galvanized container filled with the proper sanitizers. I would think a similar process could be used fairly inexpensively even if one could only afford anti-bacterial dish soap.
On a lighter note I did take advantage of the 10,000 turkey audience by pretending I was Ted Nugent playing Great White Buffalo while my adoring turkey fans cheered me on. It was easy to get them to gobble in unison and 10,000 of them doing it is actually quite loud. :rocker:

Just dont bang the roadies although I bet they give good *gobble*.

I'm Not Comprehending Your Analogy Brother. Not One Bit.

I'm totally lost brother, as to what you mean by all of the above! Care to elaborate? Maybe say what you mean directly?

Hey Brother...

My goal was to tell people to stay away from neem oil(as I said these were opinions from experience and never told anyone to not try it on their own) as much as you can.

It was to let people know the most effective way to get rid of spider mites is and always will be predators.

I think you guys took it wrong or maybe I typed it wrong ill look back.

Essential oils do volatilize in a day or two but I cannot find ANY research about how long neem lasts in the plant internal tissue. I found a grower who says when he sprayed neem in week 4 of flower, harvested at week 8, his buds tasted ever so slightly like it(this proves to me that neem stays in the plant for longer than advertised. Toxins can gather and take time to break them down safely enough to exit the cell) not enough is known about neems internal effects on plants(if you found something point me there) so therefor my opinion would be don't use it unless absolutely necessary( as with all essential oils) so why risk anything if predators do the job 100%. I will start researching more today or tomorrow and provide some links! It's all love I don't bash opinions of anyone so somebody please prove me wrong with legit research(edu links or any of that) or just ignore me.

We growers need to move as one and correct each other whenever possible not laugh behind backs like children. So if you know something I said to be wrong please teach me the right thing!!! I'm just a kid and I'm always learning and disproving misconceptions ive learned over time.

My personal opinion (based on facts) is that volatilization is rapidly decreased within a plants tissue due to environmental conditions unfavorable for volatilzation to Occur.Maybe one day I can prove/disprove this in research.

Blessings to everyone I'm just high rambling again(found a cheap 8th LOL!!)

First things first....

Laughing behind backs like children? What do you mean?
I figured in knowing me personally, you would understand where I was coming from without thinking twice about it. Period. End of story. Case closed.
And you're not a kid lol. I don't know what that's all about it, but no need to elaborate on it...
And always remember that no one on this forum knows you personally but me...So don't get your feelings rubbed by someone that doesn't know you. This is the internet after all.

Secondly, that post was specifically to you, and only concerning you. No one else.
What I should have done was PM'd you rather than posting it here. I apologize for not doing that, and sort of airing you out. But I thought that you would know where I was coming from knowing me. But again, I apologize and it won't happen again brother! :peace:
As far as the turkey gobbling or whatever, hopefully brother explains it in plain english sooner than later, because I'm not sure what to make of it. I didn't get anything cannabis related out of the analogy tho.

& you say "we growers" lol. Not everyone thinks like me lol. Or you for that matter lol.
There are a lot of ppl that are willing to go out of their way to help others, but there are even more that will not. And that's that lol. There's a "we growers" to an extent lol, but only to a certain extent!
In all the different forums I've been on, that's as evident as it gets. People in this world will come and go.
Like a friend on Facebook that you never met lol. I know you don't do Facebook but you get my drift.

Now, about some cannabis related things:

The guy sprayed the Neem Oil during wk 4 in flowering lol? Who does that you know? Of course he tasted it lol!
There should be an ABUNDANCE of pistils by then, so to spray anything on the plants, especially something like Neem Oil just makes no sense! Or do you not see it that way?
It's something that you wanna get into the plants system during veg right? Def. not something you wanna spray on something you are to ingest! It says not to ingest it on the bottle lol. The Neem Meal also serves the same purpose without spraying anything! But I wasn't referring to just mites brother! It's about all insects that suck sap or chew on leaves! At least that's where I was intending to go with it!

But hey man, I'm learning and unlearning daily just like you brother! I don't know soooooo much more than I know, and that fact keeps me hungry for knowledge!
So with that said, keep sharing man! Keep posting! Keep at it!
This thread can be as much yours as it is mine if you wanna post things here for your own sake.
So Im challenging you too keep sharing man! Keep learning and keep teaching me!
Two minds are better than one!

:peace: & Blessings my brother!

Ps, I'm about to order some beans right now!

No LOL that was a generalization about the children. Nothing to do with this forum. It was targeted towards the growers who don't help people an like you said there's an abundance of those! I'm bad at typing, proofreading, and getting out the right thought on a forum while high as you can already tell haha!

Like you know how many growers would go to a newbies(not you) forum and opposed to help just laugh! Those kind of people. I know you wouldn't do shit like that! And the kid thing I'd elaborate on in a PM but I can't make those yet lol!

Edit: and yeah about the guy in week 4. There's also this Instagram grower who is what he likes to call an organic guru. I argued with (hahaha) casuse he sprays a mix of neem when flowering! So I'm assuming a lot of people do it. To me there's just not enough to research to mess around with things you inhale in smoke form!
Double edit: no drama was meant by that post as it could be taken. Did I mention the forums are a #dramafreezone haha!! Finally got to use that that hashtag I've always envied people who useit but never had the chance!

Lol, That Balls On That Guy!

No LOL that was a generalization about the children. Nothing to do with this forum. It was targeted towards the growers who don't help people an like you said there's an abundance of those! I'm bad at typing, proofreading, and getting out the right thought on a forum while high as you can already tell haha!

Edit: and yeah about the guy in week 4. There's also this Instagram grower who is what he likes to call an organic guru. I argued with (hahaha) casuse he sprays a mix of essential oils including neem when flowering! So I'm assuming a lot of people do it. To me there's just not enough to research to mess around with things you inhale in smoke form!

To call himself a guru yet he sprays Neem on this plants during week 4 flowering, with an 8 week strain!
And then it imparts a taste on his end product lol. GTFO!
The gurus are the guys that aren't posting on the internet lol. Especially social media man!
I'm sure there are a few here and there for sure, that are posting on a few cannabis forums, but the guys in that backwood, that have been doing this for decades are the gurus lol.
The old coots that sweat THC lol!
Not someone whose been doing this for less than 10,000 hours in my opinion..
Think about the "old man" in your area lol...Someone like that.

But I'd pass on advice from someone who sprays their plants at week 4 in flowering with Neem Oil lol.
C'mon man!

:peace: & Blessings!

Ps, I'll def. throw some pictures up today lol, to deal with all this wasted space...Like there goes page 4 of the thread smh!

Here's an idea bro! You can start a thread with the same name + discussion but soley for discussion so that the pictures/helpful info can be right next to each other for people looking to see seed to harvest without skimming. But yeah at this rate it's all disussion lol. Or maybe make a new thread, post only pics, an link it to this thread for discussion. Or not lol.

Yeah he was like you idiot they volatilize I was just like okay I'm trying to help have fun with your poison bud! But at the same time I could be in the wrong. That's what sucks about this subject is the lack of legit research.
It's all about the positives and nobodies researching the negatives. Classic humans lol.

Edit: neem companies pay for the positives not the negatives so unless some rich researcher comes along we might be unsure for a number of years on all the environmental effects. But I want to make clear I'm not bashing neem just that it is largely unknown in the interactions in cannabis on a cellular level

Lol, No Worries Brother. And I'm Not Ordering From Attitude! Gonna Go With Herbies

Here's an idea bro! You can start a thread with the same name + discussion but soley for discussion so that the pictures/helpful info can be right next to each other for people looking to see seed to harvest without skimming. But yeah at this rate it's all disussion lol. Or maybe make a new thread, post only pics, an link it to this thread for discussion. Or not lol.

Yeah he was like you idiot they volatilize I was just like okay I'm trying to help have fun with your poison bud! But at the same time I could be in the wrong. That's what sucks about this subject is the lack of legit research.
It's all about the positives and nobodies researching the negatives. Classic humans lol.

Edit: neem companies pay for the positives not the negatives so unless some rich researcher comes along we might be unsure for a number of years on all the environmental effects. But I want to make clear I'm not bashing neem just that it is largely unknown in the interactions in cannabis on a cellular level

Lol, No worries brother. I'll keep posting here for sure!
And about the Neem companies man, that's wayyy over my head as well as yours lol.
But I'm not ordering from Attitude! Not trying to pay $28 dollars shipping. I went ahead and loaded a non-reloadable prepard Visa with $91, and $95 is the bare minimum in order to get all the freebies, or in other words that was my total lol, so I'm gonna switch it up and order from Herbies! Not sure when I'll be ordering, but sometime tonight or tomorrow!
So it's back to the drawing boards in terms of what I'll be ordering...SMH..
Last time I checked, shipping wasn't that much, and I don't wanna roll the dice with such a big order...So yeah, I'm switching the plans up..

But it's all love man! Keep posting whatever you want. I'm not gonna make another thread lol.
I'm sure this one will get back on track here soon, seeing how I'm flipping to flower next weekend!

Just gave an Aloe Vera foliar to the 1st batch tho, so update incoming!

Re: I'm Not Comprehending Your Analogy Brother. Not One Bit.

I'm totally lost brother, as to what you mean by all of the above! Care to elaborate? Maybe say what you mean directly?

The point was to show that anyone can inexpensively clean off whatever type of shoe or boot they are wearing to prevent, or try to prevent diseases and pests from being tracked outside to your indoor"sterile" grow.
And ounce [okay and 1/8th] of prevention can keep you from having to fight fungus gnats throughout your whole grow. It is so much nicer to walk into a clean and sterile grow room just like it's nice to get up in the morning to a clean sink with no dirty dishes. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's just makes you feel better. And when you feel better, your plants feel better. A good attitude can produce very creative and inexpensive ways to do things. Whereas a defeated attitude can really be a let-down and cost you lots of money because you'd rather pay to have something done rather than figure out an inexpensive way to do it yourself.
Example: My buddy's friend has a $2,000 dollar CO2 system. But my buddy created his own CO2 system for 39 cents and it was just as effective as the waaay more expensive option (remember, he has four girls to take care of).

Legit Brother Lol!

The point was to show that anyone can inexpensively clean off whatever type of shoe or boot they are wearing to prevent, or try to prevent diseases and pests from being tracked outside to your indoor"sterile" grow.
And ounce [okay and 1/8th] of prevention can keep you from having to fight fungus gnats throughout your whole grow. It is so much nicer to walk into a clean and sterile grow room just like it's nice to get up in the morning to a clean sink with no dirty dishes. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's just makes you feel better. And when you feel better, your plants feel better. A good attitude can produce very creative and inexpensive ways to do things. Whereas a defeated attitude can really be a let-down and cost you lots of money because you'd rather pay to have something done rather than figure out an inexpensive way to do it yourself.
Example: My buddy's friend has a $2,000 dollar CO2 system. But my buddy created his own CO2 system for 39 cents and it was just as effective as the waaay more expensive option (remember, he has four girls to take care of).

Nice :thumb:! There's no way I would have ever been able to get this from that previous post lol!
I read it a few times and still had no luck lol. It went WAYYYYY over my head haha!
But solid guidance for sure and thanks for sharing!
I'm all for a little ingenuity! Especially when it work and involves saving!

Re: Legit Brother Lol!

Nice :thumb:! There's no way I would have ever been able to get this from that previous post lol!
I read it a few times and still had no luck lol. It went WAYYYYY over my head haha!
But solid guidance for sure and thanks for sharing!
I'm all for a little ingenuity! Especially when it work and involves saving!

Sorry, I tend to rabbit trail and ramble on sometimes.

:popcorn:

I have used Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad and Monterey All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray to kill spider mites and thrips. Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad is OMRI listed and can be used up to the day of harvest. I add 3-5 drops per gallon of Ivory Liquid Soap as a surfactant to help the spray stick to leaves and stems better. I spray every 3 days alternating the 2 Monterey products for 2 weeks to kill adults and larvae as they hatch. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes 2 products to kill spider mites and thrips SNS-217C Concentrate and SNS-209 Systemic Insect Control.

https://ozbo.com Monterey Garden Insect Spray

https://ozbo.com All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-217c

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-209

Cheers Fellas!

Sorry, I tend to rabbit trail and ramble on sometimes.

:popcorn:

No problem brother! I just wanted to know what you meant lol! Rabbit tail & ramble on!

I have used Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad and Monterey All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray to kill spider mites and thrips. Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad is OMRI listed and can be used up to the day of harvest. I add 3-5 drops per gallon of Ivory Liquid Soap as a surfactant to help the spray stick to leaves and stems better. I spray every 3 days alternating the 2 Monterey products for 2 weeks to kill adults and larvae as they hatch. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes 2 products to kill spider mites and thrips SNS-217C Concentrate and SNS-209 Systemic Insect Control.

https://ozbo.com Monterey Garden Insect Spray

https://ozbo.com All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-217c

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-209

Thanks for the links my brother!
I don't anticipate seeing any fungus gnats this round, but then again who ever does lol.
But I'll be sure to refer back to this post in the event that I spot even one gnat flying around!
So far so good, but thanks for the intel brother!

:peace: & Blessings gentlemen!

The Group @ Days 16 & 23 From Seed! It's Been A While, But We're Progressing!

So!
Today is/was days 16(2nd batch) & 23(1st batch) from seed.
As far as this week goes for the 2nd batch:
  • Monday they were transplanted from 16oz solo cups, to 2 gallon bags. At this time I culled one from each batch. I did everything that same in regards to transplanting as with the 1st batch!
  • Wednesday they were all watered with 1/2 gallon of H2O.
    • I didn't give these babies an ACT like I did with the last batch, because I want to watch and see if there's noticeably more or less growth between the two groups of plants
I don't anticipate doing anything to these plants until Sunday, which is when I plan to top them all, so that they have the week to recover before I flip to flower this weekend. I will give them an ACT however for their next watering, and will try a slightly modified recipe, using a little less molasses.
So for anyone that may be taking notes of from this journal, I know for sure that I put too much molasses into that last tea, based on the fact that it smelled semi-sweet after a 42 hour brew, when I should have been smelling nothing but earthiness, with MAYBE just the slightest hint of sweetness. So for the next brew, I'll bop down 1tbsp to 2.8tbsp/3gal, versus the 3.8tbsp/3gal that I applied last time.

As for the 1st batch of seeds that I germinated, they're all doing perfect, except for the two which are showing some signs of over fertilization, due to the molasses. Those two are the Grandaddy Purple Seeds Bay 11(S1), and the Seedsman White Widow. I'm only using the UnSulphured Blackstrap Molasses(no chemicals) via the ACT, but that stuff is SUPER nutritious, so you REALLY have to be careful with it.
The two that are going thru some things right now will bounce back strong i'm sure, since soil is so forgiving. They were the last to be watered with the ACT, so they got the most concentrated part of the tea from the bottom of the bucket. I should have diluted it some due to all the molasses within, rather than giving the last little bit to them straight. I'm sure they got a gang of Molasses which they did not need.
It blows me because I'm such a perfectionist and because I knew what I was doing, yet I did it anyways :rollingeyes:.
I'm sharing this story hoping that at least one person will learn from my mistakes, and not just do things just because. I made this mistake my 1st grow ever and spent a couple weeks losing fan leaves, and hadn't made it again until now. I thought since I had a more powerful pump I'd be good adding so much molasses, but nah, that wasn't the case. But I digress.

The 1st batch had a BUSY week this week which went as follows:
  • Sunday, all but the Emerald Triangle Seeds Blueberry Headband were topped just above the 2nd true node. The Emerald Triangle Seeds Blueberry Headband was topped on Thursday, as it wasn't ready when the others were!
    • When you top early on and just above the 2nd or 3rd true nodes, you stop the plants' apical growth, which results in the plants growing between 4-8 equally dominant main colas, depending on where you make the cut. I learned this a little over a year ago now, and I've used it every since! This will be the only time that I do anything to the plants in the way of training them.
  • Monday all of the plants got an Aspirin foliar! The recipe was as follows:
    • 1 1/2 81mg Aspirin per 1/2 gal of water! I crushed them up before putting them in the water, and let them dissolve over night, before applying the foliar with lights on.
  • Wednesday I sprayed all of the 1st batch down with their first of 2 does Neem Oil! I will wait until 2 weeks have passed before I spray them down for their 2nd and last time with this! The recipe I used was as follows:
    • 1/4tsp Dynagro Neem Oil & 1/4tsp mild soap per quart of H2O. If you choose to use this, be sure to let your leaves dry before you place them back under the lights, or you will FRY your leaves!
  • Friday(or today, even tho technically it's Saturday now) I sprayed the plants down with their 1st of 2 or 3 Aloe Vera Foliars. I use a fresh Aloe Vera leaf that I hacked off of my Aloe plant(always choose the largest leaf), I fillet it, cut out the gel, put it in my Nutri-bullet to puree it, and then mixed up my solution for the foliar application. The recipe I used was as follows:
    • 1 1/2tsp of freshly harvested Aloe Vera gel per Quart of H2O.

But in all, the most surprising thing about the 1st batch is that I haven't had to water them for 8 days now!
I don't think that I've ever been able to go that long with watering plants, but the temps are perfect(65-83F), and so is the humidity(45-57%), so I guess that's why?
Anyways, I'm checking the plants daily to see when they will need to be watered again. I'm anticipating that I'll water them again tomorrow evening, or Sunday at the latest, making it 10 days that I've able to go without watering them!
And the 2nd batch will start with their 1st round of foliar sprays next week, all a week behind the 1st batch!

Anyways, enough blab, here are some photos!

DSCN39902.JPG
DSCN39892.JPG
DSCN3988.JPG
DSCN3985.JPG
DSCN3986.JPG
DSCN3987.JPG
DSCN39832.JPG
DSCN39821.JPG
DSCN39811.JPG
The_Group_Days_16_23_From_Seed.JPG

Back