My Small Time 100% Organic Multi Strain Tent

Teaming With Microbes & Todays Update!

Yeah he has a nice way to explain it to people who would otherwise be confused as hell lol! His examples are pretty shell if you ask me. Wish I would have read this a year ago it breaks it down in an easily learnable way. He takes a lot of the knowledge you go site to site seeking about the basics of microbes and brings them together.

But everyone's talking about how hard his new book is to read and all lol so I ordered it today along with 2.5 lbs of Alfa Alfa! So ill let you know how the book is! I have a feeling it'll be just like his last book but with plant biology.

Lol, aren't they(his examples)! But I've got the book on deck and I've read it my two or three times now lol, and I felt like that video was literally the book in a nutshell! Its helped me a lot to understand things for sure!
And yeah, I've heard from a few ppl and read a few reviews in regards to that fact the the Teaming With Nutrients wasn't as readable.
I'll get my hands on it before I start the next run for sure! Nice that you went ahead and ordered it! If you're done with it by the time I get ready to buy it, I'll just lease it from you lol.
Scan it and then convert it to PDF for the iPad! Good deal on the Alfalfa seed too!

If all goes well, I'll sow a cover crop in with my next batch of cooking soil, and run a couple of giant no-till pots! Maybe even one giant bed lol. Who knows?! Def. gotta keep experimenting with things tho.
Neither of us are there yet to the point were we can afford not to experiment, so lets get it in while we can!
It'll all pay of in the near future I know!
But damn I'm looking forward to ordering beans this weekend lol, it's been a year to the date almost!
I'll probably be ordering again on 4/20 also lol, as I'm sure there will be another CRAZY promo! But if you know what's good, you'll order too!

But speaking of getting it in, I topped 4/6 plants from the first batch today (@day18 from seed), just above the 2nd true node!
Of course you know this Sir, but for the rest of the world that may not know, when you top a plant really early on, and do so just above the 2nd or 3rd true node, the product produced is a plant that will grow either 4 or 6 equally dominant main colas!
All of them were ready to be topped except for the Emerald Triangle Seeds Blueberry Headband, so I anticipate topping it sometime within the next couple of days! There will be no further training for this run, just this one cut!

Also, I will sadly be culling a couple of the plants tomorrow! I will be culling the Ace Of Spades x GDP, which is was most looking forward to, as well as one of my Colorful Fruity Skunk x Grapefruit creations.
The GDP x Ace Of Spades just couldn't get right with its growth, and one of CFSkunkxGrapefruit strains is growing in a very non-uniformed matter, and I just don't wanna be arsed with it, so of the 11 seeds that I started, I will be keeping 9!

Just wanted to put out a little update since I hadn't in a few days! But everything is going well, and the next time I show case the ladies, they will all be sporting new haircuts, and there will be no more solo cups in the tent!

:peace: & Blessings

Yeah you can borrow it for sure once I'm done with it but don't know how long that'll be.

I wanna order with you for sure can I just throw in for like one or two?

Funny you talk about the topping I was just stalking uncle Benny for a little while today lol. Grumpy old dude but I feel him, people ask him some stupid questions haha and he tells speaks his mind.

Hell yeah about the experimenting. I've been thinking about the future and am getting close to a great plan in terms of garden setup. I feel confident in a 4k which is what I'll be doing this summer hopefully (once I move)! 4 gavitas with added UV and LED if I've got the money with a notill ecosystem in a giant bed with 16 plants lollipopped, topped above 2nd. Added c02, special soil mix, air coming from the 4 corners of the room exhausting in the middle. Don't mind me I'm just over here dreaming out loud :sleep: :partyboy: :angel:

But back to reality I'm :hmmmm: ing about the genetics. The one I popped was mutated too. Guess Banana genetics aren't too great lol. Thinking naturally, maybe the pollen from a banana is made to mix only with itself (not other strains). But I haven't gotten terribly in depth with genetics (yet) so I don't have a clue.

What Are You Thinking About In Terms Of A Couple Of Seeds? And Yeah, Breeding....

Yeah you can borrow it for sure once I'm done with it but don't know how long that'll be.

I wanna order with you for sure can I just throw in for like one or two?

Funny you talk about the topping I was just stalking uncle Benny for a little while today lol. Grumpy old dude but I feel him, people ask him some stupid questions haha and he tells speaks his mind.

Hell yeah about the experimenting. I've been thinking about the future and am getting close to a great plan in terms of garden setup. I feel confident on pulling like 9-10 lbs in a 4k which is what I'll be doing this summer hopefully (once I move)! 4 gavitas with added UV and LED if I've got the money with a notill ecosystem in a giant bed with 16 plants lollipopped, topped above 2nd. Added c02, special soil mix, air coming from the 4 corners of the room exhausting in the middle. Don't mind me I'm just over here dreaming out loud :sleep: :partyboy: :angel:

But back to reality I'm :hmmmm: ing about the genetics. The one I popped was mutated too. Guess Banana genetics aren't too great lol. Thinking naturally, maybe the pollen from a banana is made to mix only with itself (not other strains). But I haven't gotten terribly in depth with genetics (yet) so I don't have a clue.

Haha Mr. Rice! For damn sure he is a grumpy old fella lol!
Kudos to him again tho, for sharing what he'd learned because I've surely applied it every grow since I've learned it from him lol. I just like the way it works out!
When I've got some time to play with tho, I'm going to mainlining without a doubt!
If I had more time in this location, I'd be doing it now lol.

And in terms of the seeds, what are you thinking about getting? I'm sure I can work something out for you.
I'm still not sold on what I want man! I'm going thru over and over and over again, trying to pick $66 worth of seeds, just to order the bare minimum for all of the freebies lol. I want those regular GSC beans more than anything else, and I'm trying to figure out what they might go nice with, but never having had it, it's kinda difficult.
But so far in my wish list is Green House Seeds Super Silver Haze, DNA Genetics Chocolope, Dinafem Original Strawberry Cough, G13 Labs Purple Haze, and G13 Labs Pineapple Express.
But these are all subjected to change at least once daily until this weekend when I order lol.

I wanted AK47 from Serious Seeds, but it's sold out. So is TGA's Vortex and Ace Of Spades.
I'm thinking about some Big Bud, Skunk #1, Northern Lights, and Jack Herer too, but trying to do my homework first in regards to who to get what from!

And in regards to the pollen from staminate flowers that come from female plants, IDK if they breed mutated genetics specifically, I just know that they reproduce the "hermie trait" in subsequent generations.
We'll see about that with the plants seedlings that I have tho. Everything is vigorous and uniform but one of the seedlings.
In thinking about the pollen that I chucked, non of it came from full on "hermies", but rather plants that I more than likely flowered too long. Well see just how good that "grapefruit" pollen is!

And I'm confident in you being able to do some number too brother! Very much so! All the time that you've got on your side, I expect a lot out of you that's for sure!
Me, I have no idea exactly what my plans are for the run after this one, I just know that in 3-5 years, things are gonna be nice! As far as I'm concerned, time can't pass fat enough. We we're headed to Cali for sure, but then there's Rhode Island, DC, New Hampshire, and Mass in the convo right now lol. We'll know for sure about 4/20.

Ps, that last bag seed is growing like a MONSTER! It's huge already lol, like the one from last run!
And it's perfectly uniformed! If it's a male, I'll probably be chucking more pollen lol just for fun!

2 Apollo 13 X Vortex easy as that lol!

We should both be good soon enough - but damn I hope it's a male too I could always take some and pollinate the AK. Anything bred with this should be a winner so if you think it's a good male harvest the pollen and ill make a trip or vise versa lol! I've been dying to get this in seed form from what I've heard about it / smoked it!

Right On Brother! And Aspirin Foliar Administered!

2 Apollo 13 X Vortex easy as that lol!

We should both be good soon enough - but damn I hope it's a male too I could always take some and pollinate the AK. Anything bred with this should be a winner so if you think it's a good male harvest the pollen and ill make a trip or vise versa lol! I've been dying to get this in seed form from what I've heard about it / smoked it!

Cool. They have it in stock, now for me to make my mind up.

Not sure when I'll be headed that way again, other than after I harvest to have a smoke session lol. But it's all good.
I'm sure the pooch will need to come over to the vet here sooner than later!

And yeah I hear ya in regard to being legit when it comes to this whole cannabis thing! I know it's just gonna take time and experience!
Paying attention to all the little things along the way will set it up nicely!
And I hear ya also in regards to that AK! I haven't had any since I've been back in the US lol, and I'd love to have some for sure!
So I hope you treat her right lol, so I can come and meet her!
Forgot to mention last night, but will be sure to harvest some pollen and selectively pollinate pretty much everything I have if it's a nice male lol, just to have some seeds to play around with.

Ps, Aspirin foliar in the am with lights on! - edit - just applied it this morning an hour after lights on!
I figure it'll be a little more beneficial right now than the Neem, so they'll get the neem in a couple days rather than tomorrow!
But I been up all night reading, and trying to decide which strains to buy lol, but to no avail, and I gotta get up early tomorrow, so I'll holler sometime tomorrow brother! Speak later. I am about to croak :joint:

Also, since I haven't smoked in forever, I've literally been dreaming every night! It's the craziest thing!
I wonder what I'll dream about tonight lol. I've been saying that lately every night!

And for anyone who might see this, and may not know what good the aspirin foliar is, here's some info:

The Aspirin Gene Via Science Daily & Cornell University
Aspirin In The Garden Via Washington State University
Aspirin In The Cannabis Garden According To Wikibooks
Ehow On Plants And Aspirin
Aspirin Review Via Unversity of Rhode Island
Aspirin In The Garden via GardenGuide

(1)Youtube Video For Making Aspirin Water

(2)Youtube Video For Making Aspirin Water

Thanks For All of the Great Information!

Wanted to thank you ProperGreen and all others that are contributing to this thread, for all of the excellent information and links that you have provided thus far. I for one truly appreciate, it and have learned so much already, by reading through this thread in its entirety. This novice grower (me) has soooooooo much to learn, especially regarding really understanding the science of, and growing with Living Soil!

Looks like I have LOTS of reading/research to do in the coming days, starting with Teaming with Microbes.

I feel you brother on trying to decide what genetics to order next. Looking forward to see how the Bay 11 does for you on this grow, as I have some beans sitting in my vault. The small seed bank/collective that I use, has an over the top sale right now, with incredible proven genetics that can not be found elsewhere.

Anyway, subbed way up on this thread!

Thanks again to you, and the other fine growers that are contributing to this thread.

:peace:

Welcome StickMan15! & Thanks For The Irie Vibes!

Wanted to thank you ProperGreen and all others that are contributing to this thread, for all of the excellent information and links that you have provided thus far. I for one truly appreciate, it and have learned so much already, by reading through this thread in its entirety. This novice grower (me) has soooooooo much to learn, especially regarding really understanding the science of, and growing with Living Soil!

Looks like I have LOTS of reading/research to do in the coming days, starting with Teaming with Microbes.

I feel you brother on trying to decide what genetics to order next. Looking forward to see how the Bay 11 does for you on this grow, as I have some beans sitting in my vault. The small seed bank/collective that I use, has an over the top sale right now, with incredible proven genetics that can not be found elsewhere.

Anyway, subbed way up on this thread!

Thanks again to you, and the other fine growers that are contributing to this thread.

:peace:

:welcome: to the my small time thread brother!
Feel free to post here as you will, in regards to any questions you might have or anything that you msy be able to add brother! Glad you've been able to learn a bit following along here! My goals is to learn from and with everyone in this community!
And nice that you plan to start with Teaming With Microbes brother! It's an AWESOME place to start in terms of learning some of the ins and outs of organic gardening! You will not be disappointed with the text I can assure you of that! If you haven't already seen the video I posted towards the end of page 2 by Jeff Lowenfels(the author of Teaming With Microbes), be sure to check that out, as it's essentially a synopsis for the book! Once you get your soil mix down, everything else takes care of itself literally haha!

And yeah man! Genetics, genetics, genetics right! What to get ahhhhh :nomo:.
Usually I' order about two to three times per year and set myself up so that I have enough seeds to last me at least until the next year! I'll be sharing the details of what I order when I finally do for sure.

But yeahhh man, the Bay 11 is a HIT! It's seriously in my top three smokes of all time, and this after living in Holland for a little over a year, and smoking a lot of weed there from various coffesshops, as well as smokeing a lot of weed here.
Think of a tropical, Hawaiian Punch flavored Kush, with a SUPER energetic stone at first, with the Kush couch lock setting in after a little time! Man you should pop those beans! It's one of those strains that's great for the sativa and indica fans at the same time!

I'm looking to try out as large of a variety as I can in a little time as possible, so I'm not buying anything that I've already grown, but if I weren't doing things this way, I'd def. be ordering some more Bay 11 right now, that's for sure!

But again, welcome to this thread brother, and feel free to post as you will!
See ya around the forum brother!

Day12 From Seed Update: The 2nd Batch Germinated!

So! Still not a lot going on in the tent, but just enough for a small update!

Today at day 12 from seed, I went ahead with the transplant process for the 2nd batch of seeds, which involved taking them out or their 16oz solo cups, and placing them into their final 2gal bag homes!
I also culled a couple of seedlings as well, bringing the total in the tent down to 9 from 11.
May those culled, the GDP X Ace Of Spades from the 1st batch, and the Colorful Fruit x Grapefruit from this 2nd batch :rip:.
But I did everything the same during this transplant, as I did during the previously documented transplant, except for the fact that this batch was transplanted 1 day earlier(@12days from seed) than the 1st batch were(@13days).

Everything went well other than the fact that I slightly damaged a root mass during the final transplant, as it wasn't really held together very well, due to the lack of roots inhibiting the mass! This particular transplant involved the smallest seedling, which was one of the Grape Head S1 seedlings.

I should also take the time to add the the most vigorous growing seedling is a mystery "bag seed"!
It is a VERY vigorous growing young plant, and it smells identical to the Cali Connection Sour Diesel that I have! It already stinks a good skunk! Hopefully it's a male so that I can preserve these genetics, whatever they may be. But if it's a female, of course I will not complain! One thing's for sure, I'm looking forward to whatever it is!

Anyways, here are some photo which are labeled as is. Right click and open in a new tab for photo descriptions.

I hope everyone out there that might see this, is well and in good spirits this evening.

*Note, I forgot to take a picture of one of the seedlings and its roots!

Mystery_Bagseed_Post_Transplant.JPG
Colorful_Fruity_Skunk_x_Grapefruit_Roots.JPG
Grape_Head_S1_1.JPG
Mystery_Bagseed_Roots.JPG
Colorful_Fruity_Skunk_x_Grapefruit_Post_Transplant.JPG
Grape_Head_S1_2_Roots.JPG

Nice! Very Nice! & Cheers Gentlemen! Growth Speed Is Picking Up Slowly But Surely!

The babies are in the groove

I'm excited for the biggest one I bet it's the same genetics as the last big one! If its a male I will cry lol ( in a good way)!
Looking good proper!

Cheers for the vibes my brothers!

@SFD, Hell yeah!

I bet they'll come in STRONG once you flip to flower hey?!
I'm excited to try it lol. Hope it's finished before I hit the road to the next destination lol!
Knowing you, it will be hahah!

But everything is looking good on my end too! And I'll be flipping to flower next Saturday!
I still have to pick up a couple more mogul sockets too, and hang a couple of the 2700k 125w CFL's vertically, in addition to the 6400k bulbs that I have in there now!

And since the temps have been chilling in the mid-high 70's, I haven't had to water the plants again yet which is kinda crazy to me! I'm gonna go ahead and water them tomorrow tho, just for the hell of it, or to be more specific, because it will have been exactly a week since they were last watered. Also gonna go ahead and water all of the most recently transplanted too, so tomorrow will be a long day lol.
You know how long it takes me to water haha! And I have to spray everything down with some Neem Oil bahhhh! :whoa:

But with that said, tomorrow I'll throw some picture up of the current state of the tent.

I'm extra anxious to see how these 125w CFLs perform I know that! In moving down from HID lighting, I'm trying not to have my expectations too high lol.

Yeah it'll be awesome if I don't get root rot! This soil drys super slowly. I took off the layer of Mylar to speed evaporation so that should help. I shouldn't have to water for like 2 weeks over here, maybe even longer. Good thing it's such high quality soil so the plant can fend off disease without a problem. If there are that many springtails and all think of the microbe population!

Got teaming with nutrients, 30 pages in and I'd say its a great book! definitely could have been edited a little better but its awesome nonetheless. I've also heard things from people like him having misinformation in a couple spots so ill keep my eyes peeled to find them.

Overall I'd say this book brings together some great info A+.
To people who don't have previous plant cell knowledge you might get confused as hell. Just go slow and reread and you'll be fine. He builds on things so if you don't understand something make sure you do before you go on.

I wish I read this when it came out! Definitely a step up from teaming with microbes and would suggest it to any farmer.

Have fun with watering lol

Nice!

Yeah it'll be awesome if I don't get root rot! This soil drys super slowly. I took off the layer of Mylar to speed evaporation so that should help. I shouldn't have to water for like 2 weeks over here, maybe even longer. Good thing it's such high quality soil so the plant can fend off disease without a problem. If there are that many springtails and all think of the microbe population!

Got teaming with nutrients, 30 pages in and I'd say its a great book! definitely could have been edited a little better but its awesome nonetheless. I've also heard things from people like him having misinformation in a couple spots so ill keep my eyes peeled to find them.

Overall I'd say this book brings together some great info A+.
To people who don't have previous plant cell knowledge you might get confused as hell. Just go slow and reread and you'll be fine. He builds on things so if you don't understand something make sure you do before you go on.

I wish I read this when it came out! Definitely a step up from teaming with microbes and would suggest it to any farmer.

Have fun with watering lol

Nice brother!

And yeah, that soil is REALLY heavy, so you probably need to add a bit more in the way of aeration I'd bet!
But like you said, I doubt you'll get root rot given how absolutely alive it is lol!
I was just thinking about that soil and my old worm bin earlier lol! You and brother I sold all the old equipment to, are reaping all the benefits lol, and I'm starting from scratch again!
But it's all love and all good! I know it's going to good use!
At least nothing went to waste! But I can't wait to start another worm bin once I move again!

And nice on getting Teaming With Nutrients! You must have ordered via Amazon Prime lol!
Because that was QUICK! But have you read Teaming With Microbes already? I thought you were still asleep over there and hadn't gotten to it yet lol!
But i've got a lot of general plant biology/microbiology books on the drive, so maybe I don't need to buy it?

You'll have to let me know what it's about lol before I hit Barnes and Nobel!
If you say I NEED it, I'll take you at your word and put it on my LONNNNNGGGGG list of expenses.
Damn I wish money grew on trees lol....Oh wait, it does hahaha :phew:

I've a question about neem oil and environmental pest control that would seem to suit this forum.
I read a lot about neem being sprayed as a preventative, certainly it seems to work best that way, but I'm just wondering if people have opinions from a biodynamic (keep all the natural stuff in balance) perspective... thing is, I watched this crazy ass red spider running all over one of my leaves through a magnifying glass yesterday. I was high, and this spider was fast as hell and super cool looking. It wasn't a spider mite, but a predator that would feed on them and, I imagine, any other nasty leaf eating bastards it came across. Thing is, my girls are sheltered outside, on the edge of a forest, and there's a strong local ecosystem. There are a few white flies on my plants, but not many, not so I can see any damage and their numbers seem fairly stable. I haven't seen any spider mites. So I'm just thinking - Is there an argument for just leaving it alone, not spraying neem, or anything else for that matter besides positive stuff like silica, so that the ratio of predator insects to leaf sucking bastards stays about right?

I'm curious because the one really bad mite attack I've had was when I had used pest spray to get rid of a mite infestation. It was only garlic/chilli spray, but it seemed to wipe out all the predator insects more easily than the mites, and when the mites came back it was ferocious. This was outside, but in an urban area, rather than in the bush.

I'd say its a must have. Must have for sure. Don't mean to hijack the page but here's a little spill
In regards to teaming with microbes how far in depth does it go? I haven't read it because I studied so much on soil I didn't think it'd teach me anything.

Just thought I'd add some info for pro no-till organic farming.

Whenever you dump out soil from pots, mix your soil, or just agitate it in general you are doing a number of extremely unbeneficial things:

- You are destroying hyphae networks. This can range from saprophytic(decomposer fungi)to mycorrhizal(Root Fungi{in our case arbuscular endo mycorrhizae}.

--- Look at the video I posted on the other page from Paul Stamets if interested in the role of hyphae I won't re explain it!

- You are displacing certain microbes .
Adding onto this, I have recently read studies about soil phages(viruses of bacteria). A phage is better at infecting its surrounding bacteria than the same strain of bacteria a few centimeters away, showing how they are 'locally adapted'.

- You are collapsing the micro and macro-tunnels produced by organisms in the soil. These play a part in water retention, drainage, , provide aeration to the soil, among other things.

-compaction.

These are just some of the reasons to switch. If you are an organic grower than NoTill farming is top notch. You can make your own bed instead of individual pots and reap the rewards.

lol I'm just high and felt like typing.

Good stuff for sure! I'm up to speed on all of the above! But great share indeed my brother!
I'm def. looking at going "no-till" once I'm settled in!
And you say must have! So I'll get it! Eventually lol, def. before the next run!

:peace: & Blessings!

Ps, Must be nice being lifted lol! I'm sober for so long now, I forget what it feels like almost lol!

In a local ecosystem standpoint (and mine) the only true way to wipe out spiders mites are with predator mites. With all pest controls you will want to look at the natural predators of the pests and order them if possible. Predator mites are sorta expensive but totally worth it in the end!

Also a plant in perfect health will naturally defend itself against infection by anything, mites included. But sometimes when the infestation festers and gets too large the only way to go is predators.

Back
Top Bottom