My Small Time 100% Organic Multi Strain Tent

Cheers Brother! & I Determine The Age Of The Plant By....

Really nice pictures of the 2nd batch ProperGreen.I have 3 seedlings hitting 7 days tonight and they are way behind yours. I wonder if Im telling age right though,7 days ago I started to soak dry seeds, or is when their transplanted and break on through to start? Im just happy with 100% germination this time:)
Why I say close is I clone with rootech gel,and just think some things that Ive used over the past year include superthrive and botanicare cal-mag+ and IM not sure on how they sit really,I use the GO line too? and then there's tap water and artificial light:) OH if I water plain, I lately been useing my GH ph up/down kit. In 012 I had started with fresh FFOF and ProMixHP and have been reusing since only adding epsoma organic fertilizers ,dr earth SRP ,ewc and sifted homemade compost.
+reps on regular cleaning Bro I still havent down mine yet:thedoubletake:

Cheers brother! I know there's not a lot to look at right now, but it's surely gonna get better soon!

And as far as how I age the seedlings, day 1 from seed for me is the 1st day that the seedlings are above ground! So I don't count the days that I'm geminating the seeds, as those days the plants aren't actually growing, just the taproot is, or to be more technical, the hypocotyl.

I also count the 1st two weeks(1st 14days) of the plants life as the "seedling stage".
So day 15 from seed for me would be day 1 veg! You'll see that distinction coming up in the next update for the 1st batch germinated lol, but I'll be sure to always include the number of days from seed as well.
As far as flowering goes, the 1st day of flowering in my eyes is the 1st day of the 12/12 light cycle, so my flowering day count starts as soon as I flip the lights to 12/12.

But that's the gist in regards to how I age the plants brother!
Hope that cleared a little bit up for you!

And solid as to why you say you're "close to organic" lol.
To each his own right?! And as long as your program works for you my brother, grow on!

Good on you recycling your soil as well! I've never thrown any soil that I used away!
That's another one of the perks of growing organic! As long as you replace the humus content in your soil, and re-amend it just a little, you can't go wrong! As the soil comes more and more alive, it actually increases in nutrient concentration! How lovely right?!

But take care brother!
See ya around the forum!

:peace: & Blessings

I have a fermentation going with new growth dandelion and wild arugula as well as some brixy cannabis leaves and tops from training. I chose the dandelion and arugula because they have are very high in calcium, phosphate, zinc, and other trace minerals. I haven't tried it yet, but am going to use the resulting "juice" as a foliar diluted 500/1. Supposedly the fermentation will liberate auxins and other growth hormones as well as solubilized minerals from the plant. I'll be able to assess how it affects brix by taking refractometer readings 24hrs after spraying.

Dandelion ferment nice! I've seen it used around a couple other forum and the plants seems to absolutely love it!
Will be watching your journal closely to see what's going on over there in regards!
Also check out the seed sprouting(barley,alfalfa,wheat) for some nice amino acid and growth hormone release!

Great stuff! Sounds like a nice recipe. Tops are awesome for their hormones! I need to get one of those meters, what'd yours cost?

keep us updated on the brix man!

Edit: Green how'd you like the video? If you read mycelium running(there's free PDFs on google) you will have a whole different view on fungi! Teaches you how to grow it, goes pretty damn in depth on their role in the ecosystem and all.

Yeroooo,

I didn't see any video with the link that you shared brother. Just a very nice informative bit of reading!
Can you edit the post or make another with the link?! And IDK why the H you haven't made an outlook account and hit me up with the details! I've been all over it in the past few weeks lol. Getting back into that mindset where I'm trying to learn something new everyday! Or at least recall something everyday lol!

I'm about to go ahead and add those PDFs to my library tho lol! Thanks for the direction!
As much as I think I know lol, there's soooooo much more that I don't FML!
Learning is an endless process lol! Keep me sharp brother!
I figure in 5-10 years, we'll be exactly where we want to!

Nice conversation gentlemen! Keep it up PLEASE :bravo:!

:peace: & Blessings!

Yeah that PDF is a must read for understanding fungi. It's so vital in our ecosystem!

I'm going to start a mushroom garden in the yard too lol! Lions mane(which makes you smarter!! Look it up lol) along with some others.

Edit:yeah I made an outlook a while back but forgot about it. Ill make a new one soon.
Mhm You can read all day and only scratch the surface! Although I know more about soil than like 99% of people it's an endless subject! I'm basically enrolled at my own growing school right now lol that's what's on the schedule until summer!

DAMN What A Video Brother! & @ Legit Spam, Tomato, Tomato!

Yeah that PDF is a must read for understanding fungi. It's so vital in our ecosystem but watch this! Should be eye opening if you haven't seen it already. This guy is brilliant and loves his magic mushrooms lol! One of the Only people in US that can legally grow shrooms. I'm on top of my fungi game ATM with help from his various books.
Must watch!

I'm going to start a mushroom garden in the yard too lol! Lions mane(which makes you smarter!! Look it up lol) along with some others.

Edit:yeah I made an outlook a while back but forgot about it. Ill make a new one soon.
Mhm You can read all day and only scratch the surface! Although I know more about soil than like 99% of people it's an endless subject! I'm basically enrolled at my own growing school right now lol that's what's on the schedule until summer!

Very nice boss! I'm about to watch that video after this post! And good! Stay on top of it lol.
Down the road I'm sure it will come in handy even moreso than it will right now! Keep at it brother!
And Keep schooling me seriously, I'm loving it! I might have to drive a few hours to get some cultures from you lol. Don't be surprised when you get the text like what you got planned lol!
And yeah, get back on that account so you can upload and catalogue all these things so we'll have them down the road.
And damn if I had your place lol! Seriously! DAMN! It's literally the IDEAL LOCATION!
Besides, after the next couple of votes, there very well might be no need to move elsewhere in order to get into the industry! If It happens in the next 2 years, which I think it will, I just might be moving in lol! Packing it all up and taking the first flight to yours haha.

Ps, I haven't smoked the entire month of February lol.
I'm gonna die when I take my next toke lol :rofl: <-die laughing hahahah!

Day one of veg should really begin with the third node(if it puts out true leaves as it should).

Hey brother,

Tomato, tomato! <- Could you tell that I was saying tomato and toMAAAAto!
Ask 10 different ppl and you'll get 8 different answers as to what they think probably lol.

It is what it is brother! Nothing to put too much emphasis on :passitleft:!

:peace: & Blessings Gentlemen!

Ps, I'm gonna try to get every emoticon in at least once this thread lol!
IDK where that just came from, but I'm going for it!

:edit @SirFairyDust<-haha hell of a name! I think that video is a for sure eye opener damn!
Thanks for the share brother! Keep it coming!

Word haha.

I hope we get the vote but who knows! Only time will tell.

Damn I wish I didn't have the urge to smoke haha. All this money is just going out the door just counting the days till harvest which unfortunately is a while away. I smoked 2g yesterday you already know that's a wallet cleaner!

But yeah if you have any fungi related questions let me know
Edit: about to buy 2.5 pounds of Alfa Alfa seeds too lol looks like I'm not smoking tomorrow!

LOL @ the urge!

Word haha.

I hope we get the vote but who knows! Only time will tell.

Damn I wish I didn't have the urge to smoke haha. All this money is just going out the door just counting the days till harvest which unfortunately is a while away. I smoked 2g yesterday you already know that's a wallet cleaner!

But yeah if you have any fungi related questions let me know
Edit: about to buy 2.5 pounds of Alfa Alfa seeds too lol looks like I'm not smoking tomorrow!

Pfff, it would have passed last year had they not pulled the stunt they did!
But it's obvious the ppl aren't going for that again lol. That's just one F'd up move that the state made amongst others lol, now you see what happens! Ppl are protesting weekly, faithfully! I love it!

I won't be around to reap the benefits of the outcome initially, but I'd damn sure move back and go to WORK if things change! In the mean time, it's nice just to be in a legal state so that you don't have anything to deal with you know? But you might as well be in a legal state given how the ppl back there are about it lol.

And 2g/day was nothing last spring, summer and fall, and winter lol! I figured you'd be going thru it once I left tho hahah! It's unbelievable, the amount of herb that we consumed lol.
I probably smoked more last year than I did the whole year and a half that I lived in The Netherlands lol! I wouldn't doubt it! But I don't miss that urge at all haha! It's really refreshing lol.
And yeah I'll hit you up if I have any questions for sure, but better yet, use this thread as your thread to post and share as you will! Anything that you're looking at that you think I should see, post it!

The lass went back to the hometown for the weekend, so I'll be totally consumed by reading this whole weekend lol.
I only plan on moving to cook/eat, use the bathroom, and shower lol!
I might peep in the tent once of twice a day and rotate the babies, but i'm CHILLING haha!
And good deal on the Alfalfa seeds! The N fixing abilities and the sprout teas will pay for the seed in NO TIME!
When I make the next move and start cooking the soil, I'll be sure to plant a cover crop and till it under!
Gonna try using a couple of larger pots and working with the "no-till" method to help out in regards to that fungal biomass!

Not Yet

U read teaming with nutrients yet? Same person that wrote teaming with microbes

Not yet boss,

Waiting to see if it will come out via PDF.
If not I'll surely buy it sooner than later!

But I gotta buy seeds this weekend(crazy promo going on), then three more mogul sockets next weekend(so that I can use all 6 of my 125w CFLs for flower), then a carbon filter the week after that lol!
It's a never ending cycle spending money lol!
But I'll surely get it before I gear up for the next run!

Don't tell me you go it already?!

Ps, I'm not sure what I'm gonna get just yet in terms of seeds! Looking at a lot of different possibilities lol

If there were a Journal of the Month contest, you would have my vote here green!
:cheer:
I'm loving following along here.

SirFairyDust are you reading the book yet? I have a hard copy and I'm still trying to digest the first chapter.

That was the first emoticon I have used in a post , ever, lol

Naahhh not yet lol. Will read it when it comes on PDF but don't think it's worth buying(in my situation). I read the table of contents and its all great stuff but easily learnable online. Various things like him explaining plant cells, water and nutrient movement through plants, the nutrients, ect. It will be a great read once the PDF comes out though.

Edit: co let us know if its worth buying!

Damn! I'd try some Girl Scout cookies (it's so damn popular out west), vortex(subcools favorite), Apollo-13(hash strain), timewreck(high yielding), and the list goes on! Anything new from TGA will be bomb.

Hahaha Thanks As Always Brother

If there were a Journal of the Month contest, you would have my vote here green!
:cheer:
I'm loving following along here.

SirFairyDust are you reading the book yet? I have a hard copy and I'm still trying to digest the first chapter.

That was the first emoticon I have used in a post , ever, lol

Haha! I'm gonna try and get them all in! I doubt I will, but hey, why not shoot for the stars lol!
And in regards to the Teaming With Nutrients COorganics, how do you feel about it?
Think it's a must read for the organic gardener?!
& cheers as always for the irie vibes brother! :Namaste:

Damn SirFairyDust, Decisions, Decisions!

Naahhh not yet lol. Will read it when it comes on PDF but don't think it's worth buying. I read the table of contents and its all great stuff but easily learnable online. Various things like him explaining plant cells, water and nutrient movement through plants, the nutrients, ect. It will be a great read once the PDF comes out though.

Damn! I'd try some Girl Scout cookies (it's so damn popular out west), vortex(subcools favorite), Apollo-13(hash strain), timewreck(high yielding), and the list goes on! Anything new from TGA will be bomb.

So I've probably got several books like it huh lol?!
IDK about Teaming With Nutrients because I haven't gotten hands and eyes on it, but Teaming With Microbes is an absolute MUST READ for the organic gardener! Just seems like that one book makes so many things we're trying to learn, come together all at one, like "ohhhhhhhhh I get it now" lol(in regards to everything)!

But as far as the seed order, a couple of regular(non-feminized) GSC beans are included in the freebie promo!
So spending about $75-$80 will get you 13 free seeds on top of that! Again, we're forbidden to mention where the order is coming from since their not a 420mag sponsor, but it's coming from the usual source. Go have a look lol.
But I'm looking at that Vortex for sure. I wanted to snatch a 5pk of Ace Of Spades up, but it's sold out. Also wanted AK from Serious Seeds, but it's Sold out too unless you get a pack, which I don't wanna do...
So I'm looking at Blue Dream from HSO, Strawberry Cough from Dinefem, and more Chemdawg from HSO.
I'd like some Jack Herer too, but IDK which breeder to get it from. That Critical Jack from the 1st harvest was exquisite, but I don't want the pure thing you know!
And I want something purple, possibly some purple haze since I can't get any Ace of Spades...
Damn decisions decisions!
Might even bit the bullet and just get an 11pk of Appalachian Thunderfuck from Bodhi seeds, and look for a keeper to preserve those GSC genetics!
I'll be pulling my hair out all this week trying to figure it out haha

Lol well I am stuck on the 1st chapter, cells.
I have a few plane flights in the next couple months. Ill bang out lots of reading there. I read really fast on planes, lol.

I am kinda guessing though that Its gonna really tie in to all this High Brix type thinking.
Soil testing, optimizing plant nutrition, minerals, etc.

First 2 chapters are cells then chemistry, heavy duty for me.

Teaming With Nutrients...

Lol well I am stuck on the 1st chapter, cells.
I have a few plane flights in the next couple months. Ill bang out lots of reading there. I read really fast on planes, lol.

I am kinda guessing though that Its gonna really tie in to all this High Brix type thinking.
Soil testing, optimizing plant nutrition, minerals, etc.

First 2 chapters are cells then chemistry, heavy duty for me.

Yeah I could imagine brother!
A lot of the chemistry and microbiology stuff are pretty heavy duty when you're not someone who has to apply it on a daily basis you know?! I mean technically we need to be able to understand these things, but not as in depth always you know? But then again, when you understand how things work from the bottom up, you get the bigger picture much more clearly.

But my lass is currently finishing up her very last course which is microbiology, and a lot of the things she has to learn go far past anything that I really need to know, but I figured Jeff Lowenfels would do a good job or sort of dumbing it down for us guys who barely made it thru these courses in college lol.
But I'm sure I'll get to it at some point..
Until then, feel free to drop me some knowledge as it comes to you haha!

:peace: & Blessings my brother!

Check that inbox BTW

A+ read
https://www.fs.fed.us/psw/publications/documents/gtr-178/gtr-178-ch1.pdf

Edit: yeah im eager to read his section on soil tests because its seems so damn inaccurate in a living organic soil. You can't see how many nutrients the organisms are holding so IDK ill need to get that cleared up lol. Like in the jungle the soil is absolute crap because its teaming with life no much so that nutrients are sequestered in the organisms. Along with humus unable to build because of the speed of decomposition. But that soil would be absolute shit in a soil test yet supports insane lush growth.

Edit:edit: I've never read teaming with microbes lol! I guess I learned my microbes the hard way (start with a hard piece of literature + google terms you don't know as they come up, haha)

Thanks for the link, SFD. There are several cited sources in that paper I want to check out when I have time like this one:

Seastedt, T.R. 1984. The role of microarthropods in decomposition and mineralization processes. Annual Review of Entomology 29: 25-46.

Nice Share Brother! Keep This Up PLEASEEEEE!

A+ read
https://www.fs.fed.us/psw/publications/documents/gtr-178/gtr-178-ch1.pdf

Edit: yeah im eager to read his section on soil tests because its seems so damn inaccurate in a living organic soil. You can't see how many nutrients the organisms are holding so IDK ill need to get that cleared up lol. Like in the jungle the soil is absolute crap because its teaming with life no much so that nutrients are sequestered in the organisms. Along with humus unable to build because of the speed of decomposition. But that soil would be absolute shit in a soil test yet supports insane lush growth.

Edit:edit: I've never read teaming with microbes lol! I guess I learned my microbes the hard way (start with a hard piece of literature + google terms you don't know as they come up, haha)

Nice link my brother! Thanks for the share and keep em coming lol!
Getting my soil tested just gave me piece of mind for the first handful of weeks, in knowing that I was only really testing for the water soluble nutrients! As our soils come alive, more and more so, they actually increase in nutrient concentration, so knowing that my nutrient levels were all above average just made me feel good!

But very nice post for sure brother!
The example of soil in the jungle is spot on according to all that I've learned as well!

And the fact that you've never read Teaming With Microbes just makes me shake my head lol :rollingeyes:
When I say it's a MUST READ, I mean it's a MUST READ lol. That doesn't means think about it, that means you MUST READ it lol.
Are we clear lol. Get to doing what you've gotta do and I'll share the text with you for the 100th time haha.
You'll be happy and def. more enlightened after digesting it lol.
And yes you did take the hard route lol. You took 9 lefts, and 6 rights, when you could have just hit the highway and it had been a straight shot lol! But :bravo:nevertheless! Keep working boss!

Team work makes the dream work :high-five:

I Think The Thread In This Link Should Become The New Organic "Hangout" !

Just got done watching an amazing video on this thread Perfect Gardens Organics Thread here at :420:! Kudos once again to JJ Bones for starting it!

I think it should definitely be the "organic spot" for all of us who'd like to further our knowledge in terms of organic gardening! So with that said I'll start posting some of the things I've posted on other forums here, and well as some of the things that I come across in the near future!
There's already some GREAT information here, which I think we could all benefit from!
And speaking of Teaming With Microbes, here is a link to a video which I first discovered on the thread linked above!
It's an hour and a few minutes long, but it's worth every minute of that hour to watch!
For those of you who haven't read Teaming With Microbes by Jeff Lowenfels, this video is essentially the synopsis for the book! I'm certainly glad that I found the time to check it out!

[video=youtube_share;vKTcbLbb2Wc]
[/video]

I hope you're all well this marvelous Saturday afternoon!

Yeah he has a nice way to explain it to people who would otherwise be confused as hell lol! His examples are pretty shell if you ask me. Wish I would have read this a year ago it breaks it down in an easily learnable way. He takes a lot of the knowledge you go site to site seeking about the basics of microbes and brings them together.

But everyone's talking about how hard his new book is to read and all lol so I ordered it today along with 2.5 lbs of Alfa Alfa! So ill let you know how the book is! I have a feeling it'll be just like his last book but with plant biology.

Back
Top Bottom